The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2018, 11:33 PM   #76
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
My hope is this in the first round

1. If a franchise QB is available, then take him. Make sure that Kubiak signs off on it, I don't want elway making that decision, he lost that right after Osweiller and Lynch.

2. LT. Bolles needs to be moved. Not sure if its to RT or to OG, but he is not the LT of the future. Putting him inside would workout great since he is a great run blocker, but if he can man the RT spot then that would be ideal. I don't think he is an LT though

3. CB. Defense went from elite to really good, that drop off is primarily due to loss of a shut down #1 corner, and losing the ability to put Harris inside where he is the best in the NFL at covering the slot.

4. DL. Not sure about NT in the top 10, but if an elite DL is there take him. Peko is getting long in the tooth, and Wolfe is getting older as well. I like the depth at DE, but could always use a stud up front

5. ILB. Need someone that can cover. Get rid of Marshall and his contract. I think Broncos can find someone in later rounds, but if there is a stud there and none of the above happens, then take him.

6. Trade down and get draft capital for next year, especially If Jones and Herbert wait a year. Next years class should be much better for QB.
1. I'm pretty sure you lack the power to revoke Elway's rights lol.

2. Bolles is fine.

3. I'm not a huge fan of the corners in this draft, and wouldn't want any of them in the top 10.

4. A lot depends on what kind of scheme we start running, assuming we bring in a new coaching staff. There's some nice interior DL in this draft though.

5. Devin White would be an amazing pick for us imo.

6. This idea makes me cringe because it means a guaranteed second year of Keenum. That said, it's not a terrible idea if one can remove emotion from the equation.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:36 AM   #77
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
My hope is this in the first round

1. If a franchise QB is available, then take him. Make sure that Kubiak signs off on it, I don't want elway making that decision, he lost that right after Osweiller and Lynch.

2. LT. Bolles needs to be moved. Not sure if its to RT or to OG, but he is not the LT of the future. Putting him inside would workout great since he is a great run blocker, but if he can man the RT spot then that would be ideal. I don't think he is an LT though

3. CB. Defense went from elite to really good, that drop off is primarily due to loss of a shut down #1 corner, and losing the ability to put Harris inside where he is the best in the NFL at covering the slot.

4. DL. Not sure about NT in the top 10, but if an elite DL is there take him. Peko is getting long in the tooth, and Wolfe is getting older as well. I like the depth at DE, but could always use a stud up front

5. ILB. Need someone that can cover. Get rid of Marshall and his contract. I think Broncos can find someone in later rounds, but if there is a stud there and none of the above happens, then take him.

6. Trade down and get draft capital for next year, especially If Jones and Herbert wait a year. Next years class should be much better for QB.
1- Agreed but if Herbert doesnt come out, who exactly is there worth picking wherever we pick, say 8-16 range.

2- Bolles has been playing better lately, OL as a whole has for that matter.

3- Unless we had a shot at Greedy i wouldnt take one that high, i'd address that in FA. Coming into Sunday, DEN was 9th in pass defense though.

4- This draft is deep/rich in DL talent, depending where we pick and who is available, i'd pick one.

5- Devin White and Wilson of Bama are the top 2 ILB's. White is probably going top 10 and will be outta range. Wilson would be a slight reach but the dude is a beast.

6- Agreed but how far back do you go?
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #78
qbronco
Lifelong Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Yesterday was the first time I had the opportunity to watch Haskins play a whole game (well, it wasn’t much of a game ). He was impressive. Should he decide to declare, I think he could be the top QB prospect in the draft.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #79
Endzo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The need at cornerback is getting pretty glaring

Has anyone done any homework on them yet?
Endzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:20 PM   #80
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzo View Post
The need at cornerback is getting pretty glaring

Has anyone done any homework on them yet?
Rather try and get one in free agency. Greedy and Baker are the top 2 but depending where we pick, i'd go LB or DL.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:49 AM   #81
Vottomatic19
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

select Haskins, win super bowls.

easy!
Vottomatic19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:08 AM   #82
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

This is going to be a good QB draft, potentially an all-timer for depth at the position. Ta'amu, Cornelius, and Blough all in the East/West Shrine. Those guys would be in the Senior Bowl in a normal year, but the top end depth is nuts this year. If Dungey and Shurmur have to go to the Shrine, it's going to be the best group of QBs the Shrine has ever sniffed by far.

Senior Bowl has commits from Thorson, Minshew, McSorley (aka Russell Wilson Jr), and Finley so far. Lock and Grier are certainties if they decide to participate. Trend of late has been to do so. Would have to think Browning gets the last invite.

Curious to see if a legitimate late round prospect like Easton Stick or Nick Fitzgerald are bumped down to the NFLPA bowl. And if so, if they even go. (They should).

Draft will get REAL interesting if there is a big rush of QB underclassmen. Definitely shaping up to be a draft where you can get a steal of a talent at QB in the 2nd-4th rounds unless the run in the 1st and 2nd round is other worldly.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:54 PM   #83
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Byron Murphy, anyone?
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:31 AM   #84
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

I wonder if Elway goes after K.J. Costello from Stanford in the second round. Kid's pretty talented and, well, he's from Stanford.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 12-01-2018 at 12:48 PM..
Old 12-01-2018, 10:27 AM   #85
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I wonder is Elway goes after K.J. Costello from Stanford in the second round. Kid's pretty talented and, well, he's from Stanford.
Is he coming out? Because I thought he was a JR.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:56 PM   #86
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Is he coming out? Because I thought he was a JR.
No idea. Maybe Elway goes after him next year instead lol.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:19 PM   #87
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

We may not be drafting in the top 10 after all.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:04 AM   #88
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Highly unlikely. Our next win against the 49ers will make certain of that.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:28 AM   #89
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Most likely not even top 15.

There's still some good OL/DL/ILB's/CB's available in the teens/early 20's range if we make it in and lose the playoff game.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:45 AM   #90
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Most likely not even top 15.

There's still some good OL/DL/ILB's/CB's available in the teens/early 20's range if we make it in and lose the playoff game.
Someone like Haskins or Grier may be there at QB as well. Either would be sound picks imo. They absolutely need to get a QB at some point in the first half of next draft.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:18 AM   #91
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Someone like Haskins or Grier may be there at QB as well. Either would be sound picks imo. They absolutely need to get a QB at some point in the first half of next draft.
I think Grier or Haskins would go higher than that, but i'm assuming we wont trade up and they wont be there. But if either of them fell to us, yes, i'd take them for sure.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #92
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

FEAR THE FRO Lindsay

I expect 20th pick come April
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #93
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
I think Grier or Haskins would go higher than that, but i'm assuming we wont trade up and they wont be there. But if either of them fell to us, yes, i'd take them for sure.
If Herbert and Haskins both come out, at least one of those two will probably be there in the middle of the first round.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #94
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

Stidham declared, will have to dig into him and see what's what.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:41 AM   #95
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

hes not great thats for sure... but maybe having keenum being able to start for a year and groom a guy wont be the worst thing afterall.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:34 AM   #96
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

So, I just finished him up. I do think he's pretty great. He's right at the top of the draft with Lock and Grier for me. Right now, I'd probably put him as the top QB in the draft. He has everything you could want.

QB JARRETT STIDHAM AUBURN

Georgia (2017): Playing shotgun only scheme. Build looks pretty good, a little on the skinny side, but mostly filled out. Nice accurate throw on the run on rollout, arm looks solid. Does an excellent job with hiding the ball on playaction. Does a good job scanning the field and going through reads, pretty elusive in the pocket, definitely not a statue. Can be a threat to scramble. Under heavy pressure so far, hasn’t had a chance to actually sit in the pocket at all. Pretty nice throw rolling out and throwing across his body to try and hit a corner route in the back of the end zone from about 40 yards. Was incomplete, but pretty accurate for how difficult that throw was. Guy definitely has some arm talent. Has been very consistent with his ball placement on short stuff like swing passes and screens. He throws a pretty spiral on the deep passes, arm strength is good, not great, but his accuracy has been pretty dynamite. Hit a 50 yard post route for a TD, all in air into tight coverage. Looks solid working outside the numbers in the intermediate range. Flashed some solid speed on a designed QB sweep for a 10 yard TD. This guy is a plus athlete. 35 yard TD on a screen play where the WR did all the work, ball placement was on point once again though. 55 yard TD on a misdirection screen play to the RB where he just raced down the sideline for the score. Stats were pretty misleading because the numbers were largely bolstered by two long screen TDs. However, he did flash on some of his throws in this game. He looks to have the arm strength, the accuracy, and the athleticism that you look for in an NFL QB prospect. He also consistently went through his reads, didn’t make mistakes with the ball, and was pretty elusive against a ferocious pass rush. A lot to like here.

Washington (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. He looks noticeably fatter this year, not sure if he has a flak jacket on to protect his ribs or what. Looks slower when he scrambles around as well. Not sure I like this change. Frozen rope corner route for a 20 yard TD, that was nice, I liked that. Still has some elusiveness in the pocket, but it’s not the same as last year. Nice throw on the run to the sideline. Arm might actually be stronger with the increased mass. Nice back shoulder throw up sideline for chunk gain. He’s showing off a rocket arm in this game, not sure what changed from last year, but arm much stronger. Bullet on an intermediate slant for a chunk gain. He’s looking a little like Josh Allen on some of these throws in terms of difficulty and arm strength. Had a rollout pass thrown across his body that was impossibly located for an almost TD in the end zone. Tried a designed QB run, he definitely doesn’t have the speed he had in 2017. I would guess he’s put on 25 lbs. Seems like half to his gut, the other half to his right biceps. Long scramble for a chunk gain off a flea flicker, he runs more like a dad now, but he can still scoot a little bit. Has been pretty risk averse in this game, scans the field, if he doesn’t like it, will throw it away or run. One of the better QBs at going through all his reads, seemingly twice at times. Superb throw on a Go route up sideline, almost a TD, but WR came down out of bounds. Insane accuracy so far, has been nails on intermediate throws, especially inside the numbers. Looks good on RPOs, gets the ball out quick. Showed some toughness trying to run over the LBs on third down to reach the sticks, he didn’t and got absolutely smashed, but you like to see that type of grit. Has been under constant pressure in the second half, taking a lot of hits, maybe rattled a little bit. Dynamite bullet throw down the sideline for a chunk gain. Continues to show world class arm talent. Had a key QB designed run late to help ice the game where he got around the edge. This was first round tape against a good defense. This guy is a stud, has everything you want in a QB.

Alabama (2018): Playing shotgun only scheme. Bullet on inside slant, WR dropped it. Bullet on curl route, WR dropped it. Almost picked off on out route. First series a complete dud. Second series is 1st and 27 near the goal line. Short throw to RB in flat, dropped. Second series a dud. WR screen for decent gain. Outlet pass to RB for chunk gain, did a nice job recognizing delayed safety blitz. Third series better, result a TD, lots of runs, some smart short passes by Stidham. Roll out pass to WR on sideline, dropped. Fourth series ruined by penalties mostly. Fifth series, Alabama swarmed the line every snap. Auburn can’t block these guys, this is a very sloppy game in terms of penalties and drops as well. Auburn scored on trick play on sixth series. Half time, Stidham hasn’t attempted a single pass down the field yet. Any time he’s tried to drop back, he’s been sacked or under immediate pressure. Most of his short and intermediate throws have been flat out dropped. Finally a throw down the field on deep out route, ball goes right through WRs hands. That drop pretty much killed the drive. This is laughably bad. I’d declare for the draft early too at this point. Monster deep ball, 60 yards or so, that was a little underthrown, CB able to knock it away. If thrown a tad sooner, probably a TD. Quick slant, WR dropped it. 40 yard TD on 50/50 ball that the WR came back to make a play on and then jogged into the end zone. Nothing special about that throw, just kind of heaved it up under heavy pressure. Nice little run on RPO keeper for a first down. Another scramble for a first down. He’s playing hard late in this blowout, I’ll give him that. Picked off on misdirection backside screen to the TE, nice play by the LB drifting back and high pointing it. Screen to RB, dropped. Tough game to watch, Stidham basically took a beating the entire game as Auburn can’t block anybody at all. No time to throw down field, really, no time for anything other than quick hitting short passes, which the WRs dropped half the time. Not much to learn here other than the guy is tough as nails and plays hard the entire game. Arm and athleticism looked fine, just nothing he could do against this defense with the supporting cast he has. I’m sure this game was front and center when he declared early, he took an absolute beating. Overall, he has everything you want. Howitzer arm, good athleticism, makes good decisions on the field, and has superb accuracy. Would be shocked if he doesn’t go early in the draft. He’s the type of guy that should blow up the pre-draft process.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:54 AM   #97
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I was disappointed with Stidham growth this year. The LSU/Auburn game this year just sticks in my mind where Stidham should have shown more.

I am also concerned because I have never seem him under center. Good prospect but he has some warts.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #98
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

I didn't do that game, but I'm not sure about growth. He was pro ready last year in terms of decision making, going through his reads, and ball accuracy. I thought he was even better this year on a much worse team. I don't know that he needs to "grow" at all, he has the same intangibles that I saw from Ryan Finley in terms of leadership and play on the field. It's kind of as good as it can get from my perspective.

The under center thing is valid, but lots of stud NFL QBs didn't play in that type of scheme in college. He has good feet though, throws with good accuracy, and is used to scanning the field. I'm not worried about that with him at all.

I didn't see any warts though. Not a single one. I'll have to check out that LSU game to see what you mean.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:21 AM   #99
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Did you watch the Tennessee game?

I haven't seen a bunch of Stidham, but the fact that most Auburn fans seem glad he's gone doesn't jive at all with 'no warts'.
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:29 AM   #100
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

No, I did the three best defenses he's faced in the last two years. He was excellent. Those are the tapes the scouts will watch. You can see everything you need to see on those tapes and roughly 150 snaps he took.

Does a player have a bad game, sure. You guys did the same thing with Josh Allen last year and his Oregon tape.

It doesn't matter. It's what he shows overall against his best competition. The dude is as accurate as it gets, has a rifle for an arm, is athletic enough to escape the pocket and make plays in the running game, and he goes through his progressions and makes good decisions. And he did all of that against NFL talent. You can't ask for more. I hope Denver can draft him, I doubt they'll have a chance.

EDIT** Keep in mind too, Auburn has an awful team on offense this year. They have the worst OL I've seen, nobody at RB, and nobody to throw it to. He was that team. And I make that same argument for Clayton Thorson as well. Drew Lock, Ryan Finley, and Will Grier had some stud WRs and some OL that are going to be drafted at least.

Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 12-05-2018 at 11:35 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: