The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #126
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,875

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
Because no NFL team does that.
Your level of stupidity is off the charts dude....
I didnít say that. Iím saying Denver wonít.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:53 AM   #127
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
Sounds strangely familiar......some thinking mayfield being a project qb.
Broncos are going to have to outbid the Jets for Mayfield, otherwise we're getting Josh Allen. Allen got destroyed by Iowa, so I'm not on board with him. Never even competitive, fell apart late.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #128
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Broncos are going to have to outbid the Jets for Mayfield, otherwise we're getting Josh Allen. Allen got destroyed by Iowa, so I'm not on board with him. Never even competitive, fell apart late.
Did you actually watch that game? I did.

Allen ran for his life the entire game. Had a perfectly placed 50 yard TD pass dropped, along with multiple drops by several receivers. Wyoming couldnít run the ball, either.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #129
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Broncos are going to have to outbid the Jets for Mayfield, otherwise we're getting Josh Allen. Allen got destroyed by Iowa, so I'm not on board with him. Never even competitive, fell apart late.
If he was never competive then he couldnít fall apart late. These would be no late .
Also big ben at Miami lost to Iowa and that game wasnít competive
Threw no TDs and 4 INTs
Not like both school recruits the same quality athletes
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #130
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
Did you actually watch that game? I did.

Allen ran for his life the entire game. Had a perfectly placed 50 yard TD pass dropped, along with multiple drops by several receivers. Wyoming couldnít run the ball, either.
Yeah, I watched it last night. Couple drops early, but Wyoming was still only down 14-3 in the 2nd half. Allen could never get anything together, and fell apart throwing 2 interceptions late. The part I didn't like was that he started getting wild, erratic, and was no longer looking to drive the ball downfield. Do you disagree?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:10 AM   #131
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
If he was never competive then he couldnít fall apart late. These would be no late .
Also big ben at Miami lost to Iowa and that game wasnít competive
Threw no TDs and 4 INTs
Not like both school recruits the same quality athletes
He was never competitive AND fell apart late. 3 points total. I was looking for some kind of spark in his ability that he could try to dig out of that hole, instead of just letting the world collapse in around him. He didn't stop fighting, he could just never figure out how to get anything going. Not completely bad, just not a mad point scoring bomber. Needs development, ceiling unknown. Just my take.

Last edited by pricejj; 02-17-2018 at 11:17 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #132
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 18,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
He was never competitive AND fell apart late. 3 points total. I was looking for some kind of spark in his ability that he could try to dig out of that hole, instead of just letting the world collapse in around him. He didn't stop fighting, he could just never figure out how to get anything going. Just my take.
If, BIG IF, Elway does take a QB high, it will be because he has exhausted all other FA avenues and trade options to get a QB and he comes up with nada. Then I think he will draft Allen. You can just feel it. That's got Elway written all over it. This is just my opinion. Just my two cents in the matter.
I think he gets a McCarron and a Kubiak approved QB later in the draft. A Mike White or a Luke Falk. I know that not what many of you want to hear, but I just see it happening that way.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #133
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Yeah, I watched it last night. Couple drops early, but Wyoming was still only down 14-3 in the 2nd half. Allen could never get anything together, and fell apart throwing 2 interceptions late. The part I didn't like was that he started getting wild, erratic, and was no longer looking to drive the ball downfield. Do you disagree?
I encourage you to watch the Wyoming versus SJSU game. This was one of the games Allen missed. It will more accurately display the talent of players Allen had to work with this past season. To have the record they had and win a bowl game, to me at least, speaks volumes.

Trying to be a one-man show versus a pretty good Defense should be evaluated as such. 11 on 1 is a pretty tough matchup. Do you disagree?
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #134
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Yeah, I donít think the coaches are going to run a college offense either.
You don't have to run a college offense to make Jackson successful. You can do what the Eagles did with Foles.
Give him a few RPO's and allow him the freedom to make plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Why not give Siemian a second chance? You guys were so excited after that 18TD 10INT first season. Maybe he had a sophomore slump.
I don't give a **** if this was a joke or not. **** that rat ass, **** ass, weak ass, weak shouldered, can't make a pass without a massive pocket mother****er! b****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
When I went on the OM record for saying Watson would be the best QB in last yearís draft, many on here responded with what you wrote above. I think LJ, on the right team, has a chance to surprise people, much like Watson did. For the record, I think Darnold is the best QB in this yearís draft. I want him on the Broncos. I donít want them to sacrifice the whole draft to trade up to get him, though.
I was saying the same. Watson was the best QB in the draft and should be selected over Trubisky and it was not even close.
People said I was crazy. I was adamant that Prescott and Watson would be very good in the NFL and ready to start from the first season on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
If, BIG IF, Elway does take a QB high, it will be because he has exhausted all other FA avenues and trade options to get a QB and he comes up with nada. Then I think he will draft Allen. You can just feel it. That's got Elway written all over it. This is just my opinion. Just my two cents in the matter.
I think he gets a McCarron and a Kubiak approved QB later in the draft. A Mike White or a Luke Falk. I know that not what many of you want to hear, but I just see it happening that way.
Elway has pretty much gone into the draft having to draft a certain position for 3/4 seasons and did so.
Ray being the exception. You could argue about Roby but CB was a need, not the biggest but a need nonetheless.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:01 PM   #135
505bronco
Pro Bowler
 
505bronco's Avatar
 
ALL IN FOR MAYFIELD

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I didnít say that. Iím saying Denver wonít.
My bad then sorry.
And if that's the case Broncos have more to worry about then who will the qb be.
Coaches need to tailor offense based on qbs strengths. Not try and make them something they aren't.
Watch the eagles win the sb. Perfect example of that.
505bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:07 PM   #136
505bronco
Pro Bowler
 
505bronco's Avatar
 
ALL IN FOR MAYFIELD

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Al Wilson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
I encourage you to watch the Wyoming versus SJSU game. This was one of the games Allen missed. It will more accurately display the talent of players Allen had to work with this past season. To have the record they had and win a bowl game, to me at least, speaks volumes.

Trying to be a one-man show versus a pretty good Defense should be evaluated as such. 11 on 1 is a pretty tough matchup. Do you disagree?
Honestly you could say the same thing with baker. Yes OU was a cfp team, but that's because baker played lights out 99% of the time.
Could and should have lost to okle light, texass, Baylor......OU has some studs but overall team was bad, especially def. baker pulled some sooner magic in a lot of games..
505bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:13 PM   #137
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
I encourage you to watch the Wyoming versus SJSU game. This was one of the games Allen missed. It will more accurately display the talent of players Allen had to work with this past season. To have the record they had and win a bowl game, to me at least, speaks volumes.

Trying to be a one-man show versus a pretty good Defense should be evaluated as such. 11 on 1 is a pretty tough matchup. Do you disagree?
Both teams finished 8-5. Iowa finished #32. Wyoming finished #65. I didn't see 11 on 1. I saw a lot of bad decisions and slow decisions from Allen, even if Wyoming didn't have better players than Iowa. I'd expect more from a potential franchise QB.

I'd still compare Josh Allen ability-wise to Jay Cutler. Except Cutler played in the SEC.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:17 PM   #138
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505bronco View Post
Honestly you could say the same thing with baker. Yes OU was a cfp team, but that's because baker played lights out 99% of the time.
Could and should have lost to okle light, texass, Baylor......OU has some studs but overall team was bad, especially def. baker pulled some sooner magic in a lot of games..
At least Mayfield consistently put mass points and production on the board. If Allen really was an NFL franchise QB, he should've been able to mass produce in the Mountain West.

FBS Offensive scoring:
3. Oklahoma - 45.1 ppg
104. Wyoming - 23.5 ppg
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:20 PM   #139
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,094
Default

Josh Allen was nothing compared to Derek Carr in college. Not even close. Derek Carr is a real potential NFL franchise QB. Josh Allen? I doubt it. They both played with similar talent levels.
Attached Images
   

Last edited by pricejj; 02-17-2018 at 12:23 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:21 PM   #140
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Both teams finished 8-5. Iowa finished #32. Wyoming finished #65. I didn't see 11 on 1. I saw a lot of bad decisions and slow decisions from Allen, even if Wyoming didn't have better players than Iowa. I'd expect more from a potential franchise QB.

I'd still compare Josh Allen ability-wise to Jay Cutler. Except Cutler played in the SEC.
Having a cannon for an arm is about as far as I would make that comparison. If anything, Josh Rosen compares more favorably to JCutty.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:25 PM   #141
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
Having a cannon for an arm is about as far as I would make that comparison. If anything, Josh Rosen compares more favorably to JCutty.
I don't really want Rosen either. Mayfield is imo in the same ballpark as a guy like Derek Carr. Josh Allen is an athletic farm boy with a big arm, but his QB production is JV.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #142
qbronco
Lifelong Fan
 
qbronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I don't really want Rosen either. Mayfield is imo in the same ballpark as a guy like Derek Carr. Josh Allen is an athletic farm boy with a big arm, but his QB production is JV.
The hate is strong with you, I see.

Thatís okay. We all have our QB favorites. One thing we should all be able to agree on is this offseason should be fun to watch.
qbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #143
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,834
Default

The QB's in this draft essentially break down into 4 categories.
1.The guy you can throw out there day 1 and he will adjust.
2.The guy you tailor your offense to fit and allow him to start day 1.
3.The guy you should not attempt to start day 1 but you will just because.
4.The guy who needs a year or 2 of seasoning and then you give him a shot.

For me, the best QB's in this draft fall into the top 2 categories.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #144
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nśstved, DK
Posts: 12,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Josh Allen was nothing compared to Derek Carr in college. Not even close. Derek Carr is a real potential NFL franchise QB. Josh Allen? I doubt it. They both played with similar talent levels.
I really don't like Allen's completion rate, that comes down to accuracy and timing and those things are hard to coach. Allen is by a wide margin the QB of the group of Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield I like the least as a prospect.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #145
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I really don't like Allen's completion rate, that comes down to accuracy and timing and those things are hard to coach. Allen is by a wide margin the QB of the group of Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield I like the least as a prospect.
I dislike his accuracy and completion % issues as well but you can see all the talent and tools when he plays.
He's a ****ing lottery ticket, if he hits...man, we could be talking about him as the best QB in the NFL. But the risk is so so high.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #146
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,875

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I really don't like Allen's completion rate, that comes down to accuracy and timing and those things are hard to coach. Allen is by a wide margin the QB of the group of Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield I like the least as a prospect.
His accuracy is of some concern, but letís not go overboard. Brett Farve was worse with a 52.4 comp%.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #147
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
His accuracy is of some concern, but letís not go overboard. Brett Farve was worse with a 52.4 comp%.
Favre also didn't know how to read a defense or what coverages were. He was also a coke head.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:08 PM   #148
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 54,303

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Siemian wasn't a half measure, it was a pretend to give a ****.
Siemian was a guy who was drafted for one thing then exceeded that role beating out a 1st round pick they moved up to land. It was a mix of Siemian playing better than a 7th rounder should and Buston being a bust and not worth being drafted in the 7th round let alone the 1st.

No one drafted Siemian thinking he would start. He was a guy brought in to develop to maybe backup one day. John does this every year. He did the same with Kelly last year though that also had the value component in it because Kelly was hurt which hurt his value.

It is a good thing to draft a development QB every year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #149
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 54,303

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Favre also didn't know how to read a defense or what coverages were. He was also a coke head.
1st I heard about him being a coke head. Wouldn't surprise me with the way he abused the Vicodine.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:28 PM   #150
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,238

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Siemian was a guy who was drafted for one thing then exceeded that role beating out a 1st round pick they moved up to land. It was a mix of Siemian playing better than a 7th rounder should and Buston being a bust and not worth being drafted in the 7th round let alone the 1st.

No one drafted Siemian thinking he would start. He was a guy brought in to develop to maybe backup one day. John does this every year. He did the same with Kelly last year though that also had the value component in it because Kelly was hurt which hurt his value.

It is a good thing to draft a development QB every year.
The blame placed on siemian has always been befuddling. People hear act like he put a gun to Elways head to make him start. The only reason he started two years was the failure to find Anyone better. Why Paxton doesnít get the hate is beyond me. Heís the guy who got all the money only to never take it seriously. Trevor was the one who worked hard and took the beating.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Denver Broncos