The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #3626
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Same old Chiefs.

But if we fix that defense...we have a QB.

Oh yes we do. Finally. You watch.

Next year, this division is OURS.
I can feel the exhaustion and disbelief behind even the typing of those words.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #3627
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
alfred e numan

Quote:
Same old Chiefs.

NO ITS NOT YOU WILL NOT WIN THE DIVISION YOU WILL NOT GO PAST 9-7 but hey nice job going 11-5 with that killer defense that is better than the 2000 ravens and the 85 bears and beat the colts and now traveling to new engl---- oh sorry you blew a 28 point lead BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #3628
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
alfred e numan

but lets give bobby some credit at least he showed up here 4 days after the chefs blew it. plus the chumps did go 11-5 albeit crappy other teams and back ups
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #3629
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Same old Chiefs.

Alice had one really nice throw, the one to Avery where the Colts CB tore his groin and left Avery WIDE open. Alice Bono had another deep throw with the game on the line and he totally over threw another dude who was wide open.

Cassell was more accurate on deep balls than Smith.

kFc has so many needs and not enough picks to cover them this year.

They need a Tackle, 1 G, a legit threat at TE, 2 WR's, depth at RB, 2 DE's who can play the run, depth at NT, Another MLB, 2 CB's and at least one Safety and better safety depth.

That is a lot of holes to fill coming off a year where they snuck up on some bad teams playing a 3rd or 4th string QB starting the 1st time.

Plus even if they find 2 down field threats Reid is more of a short passing West Coast type HC who wants to control the game with his O. I don't see him coming out next year trying to chuck it deep on low percentage plays while he still has Charles and Avery to dink it to and make a dude miss. Smith only threw deep when it was wide open and when they were desperate for a play.

Face it Bob, as long as you have Reid as your HC he is going to run an outdated dink and dunk West Coast scheme, while on the other side of the ball the D will get some sacks but fall apart in big games.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #3630
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Bad, Bad, Bad Donks!

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #3631
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

the Chiefs have Never won the trophy named after their founder - the Lamar Hunt Trophy.

There is only one team who has been to the AFC championship game fewer than the Chiefs - the Texans, and they have only been around for 11 years or so.

link
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #3632
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's going to be funny to see the Chiefs pay their QB, "Jay Cutler money" a year from now
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #3633
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Hey I've been there!
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #3634
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Same old Chiefs.

Sure.

Congrats on Alex's fourth career 300 yard game.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #3635
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Same old Chiefs.

Chiefs definitely need to do something, that was one of the most epic collapses in NFL history.
Peoples Champ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #3636
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I'm serious. You think Peyton is throwing 55 TDs two years in a row? At age 38? Nuh uh.

I see the Chiefs taking a VERY big step forward in year 2 of this regime. Alex Smith proved a LOT in that playoff game.

This is a team on the upswing. I see the Broncos take a step back simply because of Manning's age.

I mean, I knew we would lose the playoff game. You guys KNOW I've been talking **** on my own team all year. They were never that good.

But they FAR exceeded my expectations in the postseason. Very impressive. Alex Smith is gonna be lights out next year.

Beware the 2014 Kansas City Chiefs.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #3637
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Same old Chiefs.

Lol. Is this a copy and paste from the 94 season?
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #3638
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

With the much more difficult schedule, it is idiotic to expect KC to improve significantly next season. Unless they make beyond great free agent and draft pick ups, I'd expect KC to go back to what would be expected of them: a 7 to 9 win team.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #3639
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
I'm serious. You think Peyton is throwing 55 TDs two years in a row? At age 38? Nuh uh.

I see the Chiefs taking a VERY big step forward in year 2 of this regime. Alex Smith proved a LOT in that playoff game.

This is a team on the upswing. I see the Broncos take a step back simply because of Manning's age.

I mean, I knew we would lose the playoff game. You guys KNOW I've been talking **** on my own team all year. They were never that good.

But they FAR exceeded my expectations in the postseason. Very impressive. Alex Smith is gonna be lights out next year.

Of course not, you silly ass. He will get 60.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #3640
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I would be afraid of the Chargers next year in the AFC West. Regardless of where they end this season, they are significantly improved.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #3641
boltaneer

Quote:

If the Chiefs don't get a new defensive coordinator, it's not going to matter.

They have too much talent on that defense to be getting lit up every week.

Alex Smith stepped it up towards the end of the year but he's gotta do it next year before I become a believer. His track record is just too bad.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #3642
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:

Even if Manning throws 40 TD's and 4,500 yards it will still be enough to lock up the division early and send the bad teams home early.

Think about it this way we have the best O in the history of the NFL, sure it might tail off like I said above. However, our D was higher vs the run than your crappy "DOMINANT D Better than the 2000 Ravens and 85 bears" was in your 28 point blown lead.

We will get proven performers like Clady, Vickerson, Miller, Wolfe(hopefully), Moore back in 2014. Then there is the draft and FA period. I would not be shocked if a big time WR wasn't traded in order to get an even bigger time player on D or to move up in the draft to get one.

Good luck trying to fill all your holes on both sides of kFc's trenches, don't forget you gave SF another 2nd round pick for the 2nd year in a row. To get the bodies you need kFc will have to trade down and get a 2nd round pick and see if they cannot stock pile some extra 3rd or 4th picks.

kFc Sucks. ALICE BONO is not going to be able to play CB who tear their groin on every deep pass leaving Avery wide open down field.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:11 PM   #3643
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

We are still playing in 2013. And I'd rather have a 60 year old Peyton than Alex smith

Go **** yourself, ya fat piece of ****
Old 01-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #3644
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Even if Manning throws 40 TD's and 4,500 yards it will still be enough to lock up the division early and send the bad teams home early.

Think about it this way we have the best O in the history of the NFL, sure it might tail off like I said above. However, our D was higher vs the run than your crappy "DOMINANT D Better than the 2000 Ravens and 85 bears" was in your 28 point blown lead.

We will get proven performers like Clady, Vickerson, Miller, Wolfe(hopefully), Moore back in 2014. Then there is the draft and FA period. I would not be shocked if a big time WR wasn't traded in order to get an even bigger time player on D or to move up in the draft to get one.

Good luck trying to fill all your holes on both sides of kFc's trenches, don't forget you gave SF another 2nd round pick for the 2nd year in a row. To get the bodies you need kFc will have to trade down and get a 2nd round pick and see if they cannot stock pile some extra 3rd or 4th picks.

kFc Sucks. ALICE BONO is not going to be able to play CB who tear their groin on every deep pass leaving Avery wide open down field.

You keep pushing this trade welker business and I'm not sure why. I sincerely doubt he goes anywhere, Id rather keep him, and I'm not sure what you expect to get in return
Old 01-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #3645
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bob, Did you forget what happens when you come around here rattling your saber... that's right.

Has any other qb ever thrown for 55 TDs in two seasons. Let alone 55 in one. Your stating the obvious here. It doesn't look to me as though manning has fallen off the edge, nor does it look like he will next year. He's doing things offensively we've never seen before at almost 38 years old.

I'm remembering a certain thread started about AFC west champs some months ago....

But hey we're still in the playoffs get off our nuts.

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 01-07-2014 at 10:24 PM..
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #3646
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The Chiefs always alternate bad years with decent or at least not atrociously awful ones. I think the coaching is there, but I am not sold on their ability to draft anymore. I'll need to see the next draft to be sure, though. First year drafts are kind of wacky because everyone is getting to know each other.

I know this though; teams aren't going to sleep on the Chiefs like last year. And they aren't going to fall into like 7 backup QB's in row like they did. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs field a better team but they end up with a worse record.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #3647
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Beware the 201_ Kansas City Chiefs.
Why don't you save this on your computer because it is the same freaking story every year. Watch out Bronco's the division is ours next year. There is always next year. Broncos are coming back down, Raiders Suck Chargers will regress Queefs are going to dominate watch out the queefs will be great NEXT year. Next year, next year blah blah blah....
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #3648
K.C. is a toilet
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
i hate alex smith so much

saw this coming since the preseason and i want to rip my dick off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister

Your word is ****. What's up with your 180-degree turnaround on Alex Smith? The first post quoted occurred on Dec. 23.
K.C. is a toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #3649
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C. is a toilet View Post
Your word is ****. What's up with your 180-degree turnaround on Alex Smith? The first post quoted occurred on Dec. 23.
The embarrassing loss, coupled with getting a broom stuck up his ass by the broncos has him spinning. He's barely functioning as a human right now.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #3650
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
He's barely functioning as a human right now.
As a Hutt, he's doing A-OK, though.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote