The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2018, 08:45 PM   #26
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Keenum isn't the problem. It's the coaching. Kelly isn't some panacea for all the bad things that happened today.
He's completing 61% of his passes, thrown the most Ints, and is currently the 31st rated QB in the league.

Don't kid yourself, he has been a large part of the problem.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:46 PM   #27
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
He's completing 61% of his passes, thrown the most Ints, and is currently the 31st rated QB in the league.

Is he really ranked 31st
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:47 PM   #28
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
I think our wideouts had a hard time getting separation today, more intermediate and deep throws were in the game plan, and the offensive line decided to have a collective brain fart. I also believe Keenum's knee is more jacked up then we were told. He wasnt really stepping into his throws in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
More or less what I saw as well. He was sitting there forever just waiting for someone to blindside him in the back. Would have been nice to see more shots of downfield coverage with the plays, but I just assumed it was route hell downfield. I have barely followed the injury reports, but almost every ball I saw him throw was underthrown, sometimes pathetically. I'm willing to chalk most of the failings to poor protection and play design, but he didn't look good at all.

That said... I wouldn't care at all if we started Kelly. It's probably a hasty, stupid response to a bad game, but I wasn't sold on Keenum at all before we signed him to 'bridge' whatever for us, and I'm less impressed after today. If Kelly is really the guy they want for the future, just get on with it already.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:48 PM   #29
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Keenum isn't the problem. It's the coaching. Kelly isn't some panacea for all the bad things that happened today.
There isnít just one problem, there are many, and Keenum, with his 5 picks and passer rating of 71.6 is definitely one of the bigger ones.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:49 PM   #30
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Is he really ranked 31st
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=953
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:49 PM   #31
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
There isnít just one problem, there are many, and Keenum, with his 5 picks and passer rating of 71.6 is definitely one of the bigger ones.
He's also been nails for us in clutch situations. I tend to look up the ladder when, as you just admitted, there are many problems across the board.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:51 PM   #32
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Exactly.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:53 PM   #33
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm fine with putting swag in, but I don't think it's gong to solve the bigger issues with this team. I'm also afraid of him being David carred with bolles on his blind side.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #34
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I thought the play calling was horrible today. There were times Keenum was looking, and looking and looking and had the time and nobody could get open. We have good WR's, I think it was bad play calling. And yeah, Keenum also didn't look good. Entire team today was pretty miserable, offense, defense and coaching.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #35
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
I disagree. I think our wideouts had a hard time getting separation today, more intermediate and deep throws were in the game plan, and the offensive line decided to have a collective brain fart. I also believe Keenum's knee is more jacked up then we were told. He wasnt really stepping into his throws in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Guys were open all day. Keenum was just hesitant.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:57 PM   #36
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I thought the play calling was horrible today. There were times Keenum was looking, and looking and looking and had the time and nobody could get open. We have good WR's, I think it was bad play calling. And yeah, Keenum also didn't look good. Entire team today was pretty miserable, offense, defense and coaching.
In the NFL someone is pretty much always open. You guys are kidding yourselves with this crap.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:58 PM   #37
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Guys were open all day. Keenum just was hesitant.

Doubtful, but no point arguing it. Wont change what happened.

He was hesitant. Mostly because of his knee, IMO. Also noticed in the 2nd half Baltimore was content to let us run for 10+ yards a pop on first down vs letting Sanders and Thomas and Sutton carve them up.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:59 PM   #38
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I'm fine with putting swag in, but I don't think it's gong to solve the bigger issues with this team. I'm also afraid of him being David carred with bolles on his blind side.
Bolles was good in the first two games, and wasnít even that bad today when you factor in how absurdly long Keenum was holding onto the ball.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:02 PM   #39
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Bolles was good in the first two games, and wasnít even that bad today when you factor in how absurdly long Keenum was holding onto the ball.
Bolles was awful today, dude. On the strip sack he was beaten immediately. The first hold was a carbon copy of hs wrasslin move he's pulled for two straight years when he gets beat by a speed rush. His second hld was because he guessed wrong on an inside rush.

I know its chic to blame keenum for all the offenses flaws, and he has plenty of blame, but bolles was really, really bad today.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 09-23-2018 at 10:12 PM..
Old 09-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #40
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Bolles was awful today, dude. On the strip sack he was beaten immediately. The first hold was a carbon copy of hs wrasslin move he's pulled for two straight years when he gets beat by a speed rush. His second hld was because he guessed wrong on an inside rush.

I know its chic to blame keenum for all the offenses flaws, and he has plenty of blame, but bolles was really, really bad today.

I don't put much stock into him holding his own vs the edge rushers Seattle and Oakland trotted out. Against a real dline he was abused over and over today.

He's a 26 yr old second yr player who is consistently beaten by decent pass rushers and who still managed to pick up the same going call nearly every week
He was good in the previous two games and struggled a bit against a future HoFer. Keenum made it look a lot worse than it actually was though. Your Bolles take is straight retarded.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:21 PM   #41
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
He was good in the previous two games and struggled a bit against a future HoFer. Keenum made it look a lot worse than it actually was though. Your Bolles take is straight retarded.
He had a rough game against suggs and tim williams leading to multiple drives ending. The three plays I posted weren't about keenum holding the ball too long, he was beaten off the snap on all 3 plays.

As far as playing well against oak and Seattle, sure, but the likes of Arden key, Bruce Irvin, Frank Clark don't exactly instill fear.

I'd be interested in why you think less played well though

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 09-23-2018 at 09:37 PM..
Old 09-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #42
SoullessGinger
Seasoned Veteran

I'm here for the gang bang

I don't think most people who think we should start swag think he's going to fix all our problems and make us win out. But we aren't going to win the super bowl with Keenum, we know that for sure, so might as well find out what we got in swag. Not that it matters what any of us think anyways, only way swag plays is if Keenum gets hurt, Elway is too stubborn.
SoullessGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:36 PM   #43
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Wait, so you thought bolles played well? What part is retarded? I just broke down how he was dismantled by not only Terrell suggs but tim Williams. Are you saying Tim Williams is a future hofer?

But yeah he played well against two teams bereft of pass rushers
He wasnít as bad in this game as youíre making him out to be. Keenum had a lot of time on most his dropbacks, and one of Bollesí holds was 100% on Keenum. Your Bolles hate is straight retarded, sorry.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:39 PM   #44
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
He wasnít as bad in this game as youíre making him out to be. Keenum had a lot of time on most his dropbacks, and one of Bollesí holds was 100% on Keenum. Your Bolles hate is straight retarded, sorry.
I don't hate bolles at all. Pointing out poor play in a game isn't hate.

You don't have to apologize, though, I'd just rather you point out where I was wrong on any of those plays instead of posting the same thing over and over.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 09-23-2018 at 09:42 PM..
Old 09-23-2018, 09:43 PM   #45
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
I don't hate bolles at all. You don't have to apologize, though, I'd just rather you point out where I was wrong on any of those plays instead of posting the same thing over and over.
You are pointing out a few bad plays while ignoring that he held up fine on the vast majority of Keenumís (absurdly long) dropbacks. Your acting like he just had a Tyler Sambrailo game or something. Itís dumb.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:43 PM   #46
uplink
Ring of Famer

giving VJ a good vet QB is part of the plan to give VJ what he needs to succeed. If its a rebuild then there will be another coach.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:52 PM   #47
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
You are pointing out a few bad plays while ignoring that he held up fine on the vast majority of Keenumís (absurdly long) dropbacks. Your acting like he just had a Tyler Sambrailo game or something. Itís dumb.
Bolles gave up 8.5 sacks a year ago and was penalized 12x for 106 yards.

He gave up a strip sack today and was called for 2 holds for 20 yards. Hes got three holds for 30 yards on the year so if he isn't giving up hits on the qb then a lot of time he's helping to put the o in a bad spot. I haven't seen a specific counterpoint, just the usual 'dumb' and 'retarded' without offering much substantive.

Bolles is probably a swell guy but he has made a career of giving up sacks and racking up penalties. This game wasn't an anomaly. Now as I said, we can start swag and I'm fine with that, but it's not going to solve the bigger issues and I do worry about the blind side of a young qb. I don't see what's controversial, retarded or dumb about that especially since we've gone a half page and you still haven't pointed out why its so far off base.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 09-23-2018 at 10:07 PM..
Old 09-24-2018, 07:41 AM   #48
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Did you guys see what Josh Allen and Mayfield did last week. I don't know why there is this crowd that has to say Swag couldn't do the same or better. Look at Mahomes ( SP ) It's only his second year and I think he only played a couple games last year. Times change. QB don't need to watch for 3 years before playing anymore.

Like I said before . Keenum gets us some wins here and there but never a SB.

We also see if we need to draft the QB of the future or have found ours already .
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:47 AM   #49
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

I am actually shocked that people here are so down on Keenum given the OM's historical pining for underdogs. Or do they have to be underdogs that we drafted? I need to know this distinction.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:52 AM   #50
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I am actually shocked that people here are so down on Keenum given the OM's historical pining for underdogs. Or do they have to be underdogs that we drafted? I need to know this distinction.
No matter what, they'll be someone who complains. Some people complained that Von Miller wasn't showing up enough in 2016. A year after he won us a super bowl nearly single-handedly.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote