The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2018, 10:07 AM   #76
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
Jaguars OM Mock GM

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 19,846

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Su'a Cravens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I don't like lefties
Yeah same here, but everytime you watch him, you cant stop watching.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:28 AM   #77
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 7,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
When did I say "middle of the road" was ok?
But I don't think he's as bad as people here are making him out to be. I think he's middle of the road. Which is fine if he's making 5 million and you surround him with more talent. But not at 18
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #78
OrangeFanatic
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 15

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Keenum physically couldn't throw the ball yesterday. Something is wrong.
It looked like Peytons last year without the amazing defense.
OrangeFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:01 AM   #79
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
But I don't think he's as bad as people here are making him out to be. I think he's middle of the road. Which is fine if he's making 5 million and you surround him with more talent. But not at 18
and when did I say that was OK?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:14 AM   #80
broncowill
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 133

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I thought the play calling was horrible today. There were times Keenum was looking, and looking and looking and had the time and nobody could get open. We have good WR's, I think it was bad play calling. And yeah, Keenum also didn't look good. Entire team today was pretty miserable, offense, defense and coaching.
I think our wide receivers are overrated. I remember last year the announcers would occasionally comment on how they weren't getting separation. Both DT and Sanders are getting older and their speed seems to be going with them.
broncowill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:18 PM   #81
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 7,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
and when did I say that was OK?
Which is fine if he's making 5 million
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #82
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Treasonous Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Granada Nicaragua
Posts: 6,225

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker
Default

18 million is the 18th highest QB Salary. I don't know how much more middle of the road you can get.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #83
MamaMia
Ring of Famer
 
MamaMia's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,501

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Here's a news flash... We dont have PFM anymore. We shouldnt expect to win every game and we dont need to make huge changes every time we lose. The Ravens were at home, it was Ray Lewis day (remember when we were at home and we had all those late 90s broncos greats in the building against Aaron Rodgers?), and the team is still a work in progress.

Its going to be a grind. Buckle up.

Oh btw... The nfl is a business, so a front office is going to dangle the illusuion of playoffs in front of the fans as long as they can so that fans keep piling into the stadium and buying ****. Going to Kelly is a white flag and after his first bad game everyone would lose hope and stop showing up.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #84
HorseHead
Ring of Famer
 
HorseHead's Avatar
 
Stay thirsty my friends..

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,780

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
Here's a news flash... We dont have PFM anymore. We shouldnt expect to win every game and we dont need to make huge changes every time we lose. The Ravens were at home, it was Ray Lewis day (remember when we were at home and we had all those late 90s broncos greats in the building against Aaron Rodgers?), and the team is still a work in progress.

Its going to be a grind. Buckle up.

Oh btw... The nfl is a business, so a front office is going to dangle the illusuion of playoffs in front of the fans as long as they can so that fans keep piling into the stadium and buying ****. Going to Kelly is a white flag and after his first bad game everyone would lose hope and stop showing up.
Logic, nice!
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:18 PM   #85
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 7,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
Going to Kelly is a white flag and after his first bad game everyone would lose hope and stop showing up.
There is a HUGE difference between a Journeyman Vet QB making 18 mil Vs a rookie.

Why do you think he would suck. What has he done to say that. Again Allen brought it and So did mayfield. Should we write them a letter and tell them they have to suck because they are rookies ?? All Swag has showed was good. First it was it was because he was playing the 3rd string. Then he only played well because he was playing the second string. The dude would have been a 1st or High second round pick if it wasn't for his stupid ass behavior but he seems to have beat that as well.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #86
Rabb
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
There is a HUGE difference between a Journeyman Vet QB making 18 mil Vs a rookie.

Why do you think he would suck. What has he done to say that. Again Allen brought it and So did mayfield. Should we write them a letter and tell them they have to suck because they are rookies ?? All Swag has showed was good. First it was it was because he was playing the 3rd string. Then he only played well because he was playing the second string. The dude would have been a 1st or High second round pick if it wasn't for his stupid ass behavior but he seems to have beat that as well.
I don't believe he said he would suck. He said after his first bad game which is just going to happen regardless of the QB. Christ man.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:28 PM   #87
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Which is fine if he's making 5 million
It is. Because then you can surround that talent with other talent. Thats a way to win. We've seen average QBs make/win Super Bowls.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #88
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 7,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It is. Because then you can surround that talent with other talent. Thats a way to win. We've seen average QBs make/win Super Bowls.

In rare cases . Very Rare
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:44 PM   #89
RonStoppable
Seasoned Veteran
 
RonStoppable's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 257

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Kelly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
In rare cases . Very Rare
Super Bowl 50?!?
(I am a big fan of Manning, but it wasnt his year)
RonStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #90
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 7,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonStoppable View Post
Super Bowl 50?!?
(I am a big fan of Manning, but it wasnt his year)
agreed you can also add Baltimore but that's about all I can think of. I'm sure there is one or two more.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:22 PM   #91
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 55,278

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Keenum isn't the problem. It's the coaching. Kelly isn't some panacea for all the bad things that happened today.
IDK

We had another run of 7 punts in a row. Lots of balls falling short. I think a stronger QB makes some of those throws.

I can live with a bad pick here and there if you are throwing multiple TD's. Give me the young QB over a career journeyman who has hit his ceiling.

Let Kelly learn this year so we can compete next year. The OL has improved, though they struggled on the road yesterday, mostly because the QB held the ball foreverSSS!!!

Rework Keenums deal to stay around as a backup for the next 5 years.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #92
Shananahan
#snakelife
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 
BLASTED

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
agreed you can also add Baltimore but that's about all I can think of. I'm sure there is one or two more.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #93
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,406

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
IDK

We had another run of 7 punts in a row. Lots of balls falling short. I think a stronger QB makes some of those throws.

I can live with a bad pick here and there if you are throwing multiple TD's. Give me the young QB over a career journeyman who has hit his ceiling.

Let Kelly learn this year so we can compete next year. The OL has improved, though they struggled on the road yesterday, mostly because the QB held the ball foreverSSS!!!

Rework Keenums deal to stay around as a backup for the next 5 years.
Has anyone looked at the film to see if our receivers were even getting open?
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #94
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 15,953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Keenum isn't the problem. It's the coaching. Kelly isn't some panacea for all the bad things that happened today.
Talent and coaching.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:09 PM   #95
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
agreed you can also add Baltimore but that's about all I can think of. I'm sure there is one or two more.
1985 Bears - Jim McMahon
1987 Redskins - Doug Williams
1990 Giants - Jeff Hostettler
2002 Bucs - Brad Johnson

Just a few....
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:37 PM   #96
BroncosfanGuy
Stoney Case for Heisman
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,195

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You are pointing out a few bad plays while ignoring that he held up fine on the vast majority of Keenumís (absurdly long) dropbacks. Your acting like he just had a Tyler Sambrailo game or something. Itís dumb.
Update?
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:43 PM   #97
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 14,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Has anyone looked at the film to see if our receivers were even getting open?
DT was pretty wide open for the winning TD, and Case just threw it out of bounds.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:44 PM   #98
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 7,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#13
Default

I hate to say I called it but I did. I said basicly the same thing in week two and got flamed. I was at this game and it was sad he missed that play. Pathetic
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:57 PM   #99
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 32,996

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I hate to say I called it but I did. I said basicly the same thing in week two and got flamed. I was at this game and it was sad he missed that play. Pathetic


Weíve been saying it.


Problem is coaches wonít do it until the season is over. About 6 games from now.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #100
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 7,229

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#13
Default

Bump and a big old middle figure to all of you in here calling me a fool.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Denver Broncos