The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
We'll see....one good half of preseason football against all backups and dudes going to be cut does not a career make..

Added some important items. From what I saw, he is exciting but I also saw Clemens when he was a Charger and Miami fell in love with him as a backup. SInce he is starting against KC's top defenders, that should be the real test.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #27
swaiy

He's better than Matt Cassel
Old 08-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #28
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Out of all aspects of his game you think he doesn't have the arm strength? So Philip Rivers is not an indication of anything... correct?

And you do realize Drew Brees doesn't exactly have a rocket arm.

His ability to evade the sack is enough to warrant something above of "he did not look that good to me."

You also realize we brought heavy bltizes in bulk throughout the 2nd half?

Not sure why there are so many clown armchair GM on forums...
I am just going to go cry now, Mr Nobody disagrees with me on a football forum......

, you have seen him play 2 quarters against backups, several of whom will be unemployed in a couple of weeks and you are putting him on the same page as Brees (super bowl MVP, 2 time offensive player of the year and all time single season passing record holder) and Philip Rivers (4 time pro bowler)?
You are ****ing right Philip Rivers and Drew Brees are not an indication of anything relevant to Wilson.

Yes, his ability to evade career backup and rookies and complete passes on people so far down the depth chart you have to use page down to find them clearly indicates that he is a pro bowler and future super bowl MVP.

Why do these asshats keep popping up? couldn't we have a link to broncomania or something...
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #29
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen

Blimey me hearties

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pirate Giraffe

He's a gamer...he's a baller...he's a shot caller....

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #30
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Penrose

Personally I think teams should stop giving $10mill bonuses to QB's who have one good game like Flynn and Kolb and get a QB through the draft.

It would be insane if Wilson starts over Flynn just on a $ standpoint.

I only watched the 1st 20 minutes of the Seahags game and thought Flynn was holding or the coverage was outstanding.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #31
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Personally I think teams should stop giving $10mill bonuses to QB's who have one good game like Flynn and Kolb and get a QB through the draft.

It would be insane if Wilson starts over Flynn just on a $ standpoint.

I only watched the 1st 20 minutes of the Seahags game and thought Flynn was holding or the coverage was outstanding.
Flynn would have been toast except for the blatant-consistent holding by the Seahawks line.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #32
Drunken.Broncoholic

Would Wilson have played that way against Denver's first defense? Unlikely. Which is probably the reason they are starting him this week. To see what he can do against a starting defense.

Not so much a question of how good he is, but a question of how much lack of depth this defense really has.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #33
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
He is just a playmaker. I am definitely rooting for him to succeed in the NFL!
Me too. I don't know if he'll prove to be what he was at Wisconsin or last Saturday but those kind of performances are why I wanted him in the draft.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
We'll see....one good half of preseason football does not a career make..
Yes, but Flynn got all his hype from basically one game too.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #35
jonny1
Ahhh, football!

Broncos' cheerleaders rule!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post

That pic is disturbing on so many levels . . . .
jonny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #36
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Make the NFL Great Again

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Yes he's a baller .......

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:28 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #37
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I am just going to go cry now, Mr Nobody disagrees with me on a football forum......

, you have seen him play 2 quarters against backups, several of whom will be unemployed in a couple of weeks and you are putting him on the same page as Brees (super bowl MVP, 2 time offensive player of the year and all time single season passing record holder) and Philip Rivers (4 time pro bowler)?
You are ****ing right Philip Rivers and Drew Brees are not an indication of anything relevant to Wilson.

Yes, his ability to evade career backup and rookies and complete passes on people so far down the depth chart you have to use page down to find them clearly indicates that he is a pro bowler and future super bowl MVP.

Why do these asshats keep popping up? couldn't we have a link to broncomania or something...
So now you want to bring up who he's playing against? At first you said he didn't look good, now you're saying his opposition is weak...? Pick your argument.

I am not comparing him to Rivers or Brees in terms of anything but arm strength... that's it, and I made that fairly obvious.

You sound like a girl, your whole response is based on over exaggerating everything I said, and you come nothing close to even responding to anything I said. No where did I say he is Philip Rivers and Drew Brees as a whole package QB. but you go off rambling about how great Brees and Rivers are...

Yes, but thank you for further strengthening my point. Brees is a super bowl MVP and Rivers is a 4 time pro bowler, both whom which arms are not great.

Last edited by Action; 08-21-2012 at 02:29 PM..
Old 08-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #38
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Make the NFL Great Again

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Attachment 31323

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:28 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #39
Rolandftw

He's a rookie so I'm sure there will be some struggles. With that said, I'd be willing to bet Wilson makes a number of teams regret passing him up. KC and Denver among them.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #40
Anikai
PUP List

Champ Bailey's Beard

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brad fkin Roby

Anikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #41
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikai View Post
No.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #42
DENVERDUI55

Well they know what they got with Flynn a game manager and minimizer of mistakes. They just want to see if Wilson can make plays with the 1's. Props to them it's only preseason. The only thing seattle can make sure of is they will have a QB controversy.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #43
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Wilson is as cool as a cucumber in the pocket. He's smart, too. He came into Wisconsin last year and learned the playbook seemingly overnight. If it weren't for two late-game defensive miscues against MSU and OSU last season, Wilson would have led the Badgers to the National Title game. The National Freaking Title game and that is something I don't think UW had been to since the 1940s. He walked into an offensive he had no knowledge of, teamed up with players he had never played with before, and he (for all practical purposes) played well enough to go to the god damn championship game.

Will he be good enough to some day be considered in the same breath as a Brady, Brees, or Manning? That may be a bit of a stretch. But he has all the tools to be a quarterback that leads his team, doesn't make mistakes, and has that Roethlesburger ability to extend the play and make something out of nothing.

Hopefully, Brock has more than size and arm strength.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #44
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think Wilson was one of the harder QB's to read in the draft. He looked awesome at Wisconsin, but he also had the best OL in the college and some guy named Montee Ball to hand it off too.

I didn't watch the Broncos game, but I saw a highlight of Flynn throwing a nice deep pass and TO ruining it.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #45
Jay3

It's a strike against him that Pete Carroll chooses him and starts him.

Sort of an "opposite rule" going on there.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #46
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I think Wilson was one of the harder QB's to read in the draft. He looked awesome at Wisconsin, but he also had the best OL in the college and some guy named Montee Ball to hand it off too.

I didn't watch the Broncos game, but I saw a highlight of Flynn throwing a nice deep pass and TO ruining it.
Well Seattles OL and RB are a lot better than Wisconsins.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #47
KCStud

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Well Seattles OL and RB are a lot better than Wisconsins.
The Seattle OL tha gave up 50 sacks (4th in the NFL) last year? I think it will be a transition going from the best OL in college to one of the worst in the NFL.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #48
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
People need to relax. Basing career projections on 30 minutes of football is not wise.
case in point... Kevin Kolb.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #49
Turd_Ferguson

Wilson looked good but they would just be completely retarded to start him over a guy they just spent a fortune on. Let him sit for awhile and learn. Flynn didn't look bad. That ball to TO was BEA U TI FUL, and that dumb ass dropped it.

I know I know "Quarterbacks don't sit and learn anymore thats just stupid!", but why create a QB controversy? You play Wilson and he sucks a few games everyone will cry their eyes out they spent money on Flynn and didn't play him, so you bring him in with all this extra pressure to turn the season around. Just play Flynn and see how it goes.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #50
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
So now you want to bring up who he's playing against? At first you said he didn't look good, now you're saying his opposition is weak...? Pick your argument.

I am not comparing him to Rivers or Brees in terms of anything but arm strength... that's it, and I made that fairly obvious.

You sound like a girl, your whole response is based on over exaggerating everything I said, and you come nothing close to even responding to anything I said. No where did I say he is Philip Rivers and Drew Brees as a whole package QB. but you go off rambling about how great Brees and Rivers are...

Yes, but thank you for further strengthening my point. Brees is a super bowl MVP and Rivers is a 4 time pro bowler, both whom which arms are not great.
He played poorly against weak opposition, that is about as bad as it gets.

So you are saying all you need to be a super succesful QB is to not have a powerful arm? John Elway, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger and several other super bowl MVPs wonder where you got that idea and if maybe you want to think it over once more before you try it out in public.

You didn't have a point, and I did in deed highlight that - thank you for playing, if at any point you want a rematch let me know, we can find a topic you might be more familiar with - you will more of a chance that way.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote