The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2018, 07:48 AM   #101
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 
HoFer

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ND
Posts: 9,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I have this too. I think it's because his voice has an assured quality to it and yet he delivered us poop last year.

Elway, "We need a bell cow and you're going to be that guy for us".
Another words...you'll have some nice looking runs in preseason and then will hardly be used all season until week 17.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:47 AM   #102
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 26,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

The worst pick so far, but I do like the player so I guess itíll be ok
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:51 AM   #103
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7,321

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
The worst pick so far, but I do like the player so I guess itíll be ok
Yeah same impression here. I like Freeman but this seemed like a desperation pick when the top tier of RBs suddenly evaporated.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #104
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,847

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Yeah same impression here. I like Freeman but this seemed like a desperation pick when the top tier of RBs suddenly evaporated.
The guys the targeted went before than in Ronald Jones. I donít blame them for picking him early in the 3rd. Most of the good ones went in the second before they picked. I like it. Heís a really good 3 down big back with speed.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:12 AM   #105
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,243
Default

Freeman getting compared to Frank Gore. Big, elusive, great feet. Finds holes, and gets to the 2nd level. Big, 3 down back.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:13 AM   #106
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,686

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Freeman getting compared to Frank Gore. Big, elusive, great feet. Finds holes, and gets to the 2nd level. Big, 3 down back.
I really like his vision.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #107
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 48,267

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
The worst pick so far, but I do like the player so I guess itíll be ok
A piece of Ludo died when it became clear DEN did not have eyes for Ballage.
__________________
San Francisco 49ers OrangeMane Mock Draft GM
1. Bradley Chubb, DE NC State
3A. Austin Corbett, G Nevada
3B. Marcell Ateman, WR Oklahoma State
4A. Parry Nickerson, CB Tulane
4B. Oren Burks, S/"Big Nickel"/OLB/Star Vanderbilt (MUG's No. 1 overall prospect)
5. Josh Adams, RB Notre Dame
6. Matthew Thomas, OLB Florida State
7A. Cole Madison, G Washington State
7B. Natrell Jamerson, FS Wisconsin
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:18 AM   #108
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
A piece of Ludo died when it became clear DEN did not have eyes for Ballage.
I don't want to see Ballage in KC or OAK. That would suck.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:28 AM   #109
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,420

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
I know it's all highlights, but there is some really, really good stuff here. Vision, elusiveness, some great cuts to get downhill quickly, setting up blocks nicely.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #110
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,713

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
Just going off his highlights, it seems that he was a significantly better runner two seasons ago. He was more dynamic. Plenty of time for him to prove me wrong but for now, in the "deepest rb class ever," this feels like yet another ho hum Bronco hb.
That's why you should turn off the highlights and look at the data instead. He was significantly better in 2017.

2016:
Rushing
168 carries, 945 yards, 5.6 ypc, 9 TD's

Receiving
23 catches, 144 yards, 6.3 ypc, 1 TD

Scrimmage
191 touches, 1089 yards, 5.7 ypp, 10 TD's

2017:
Rushing
244 carries, 1475 yards, 6.0 ypc, 16 TD's,

Receiving
14 catches, 164 yards, 11.7 ypc, 0 TD's

Scrimmage
258 touches, 1639, 6.4 ypp, 16 TD's
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #111
bfallona
Seasoned Veteran
 
bfallona's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 276

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Another words...you'll have some nice looking runs in preseason and then will hardly be used all season until week 17.
That's what I am afraid of too. For some reason even if we find good players either our coaches or FO are afraid to trust what they see. Get Stink out there. I went to a bunch of training camps and everyone out there could see Sloter was better than any QB we had. So we tell him he has no chance to compete ( See we like Lynch) and he has zero chance to compete. We tried to lowball him to go to PS and then too late we ended up in a bidding war with Minn and others. He was the only QB they kept after the playoffs. Same with CJ. We wasted Charles & kept running CJ. Same with Watson & other linemen. Near the end of the year we woke up & brought in some quality replacements. Coach & run the team like Bill B & Mike S. This isn't a family nor a charity ( see McKenzie)
bfallona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:35 AM   #112
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,243
Default

Guys the FO didn't draft Freeman in the 3rd to sit this year.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #113
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,119

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
The guys the targeted went before than in Ronald Jones. I donít blame them for picking him early in the 3rd. Most of the good ones went in the second before they picked. I like it. Heís a really good 3 down big back with speed.
I wanted Ronald Jones, but dang he went early!!
LeftCoastBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:24 AM   #114
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,119

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Freeman getting compared to Frank Gore. Big, elusive, great feet. Finds holes, and gets to the 2nd level. Big, 3 down back.
Donít you think he runs a little upright, though?
LeftCoastBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:26 AM   #115
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,119

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I know it's all highlights, but there is some really, really good stuff here. Vision, elusiveness, some great cuts to get downhill quickly, setting up blocks nicely.
And at least heís not CJ Anderson!!
LeftCoastBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #116
champhalloffamer
Ring of Famer
 
champhalloffamer's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,065

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
Like a Gotsis at a sorority house.
Fixed it for you.
champhalloffamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #117
LeftCoastBronco
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,119

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Guys the FO didn't draft Freeman in the 3rd to sit this year.
Exactly. Plug and play!
LeftCoastBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:47 AM   #118
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 919

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
That's what I am afraid of too. For some reason even if we find good players either our coaches or FO are afraid to trust what they see. Get Stink out there. I went to a bunch of training camps and everyone out there could see Sloter was better than any QB we had. So we tell him he has no chance to compete ( See we like Lynch) and he has zero chance to compete. We tried to lowball him to go to PS and then too late we ended up in a bidding war with Minn and others. He was the only QB they kept after the playoffs. Same with CJ. We wasted Charles & kept running CJ. Same with Watson & other linemen. Near the end of the year we woke up & brought in some quality replacements. Coach & run the team like Bill B & Mike S. This isn't a family nor a charity ( see McKenzie)
The same Sloter that was so good that Minnesota traded for Siemian to be their backup instead of him?
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 02:37 PM   #119
MamaMia
Ring of Famer
 
MamaMia's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,459

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
That's why you should turn off the highlights and look at the data instead. He was significantly better in 2017.

2016:
Rushing
168 carries, 945 yards, 5.6 ypc, 9 TD's

Receiving
23 catches, 144 yards, 6.3 ypc, 1 TD

Scrimmage
191 touches, 1089 yards, 5.7 ypp, 10 TD's

2017:
Rushing
244 carries, 1475 yards, 6.0 ypc, 16 TD's,

Receiving
14 catches, 164 yards, 11.7 ypc, 0 TD's

Scrimmage
258 touches, 1639, 6.4 ypp, 16 TD's
You guys are really touchy about this guy. HMMMM

Montee Ball had amazing stats, i prefer the eye test.

He did not look like a special back to me and that's disappointing in "the deepest hb class ever"

Time will tell, hope he is great.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #120
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,686

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
You guys are really touchy about this guy. HMMMM

Montee Ball had amazing stats, i prefer the eye test.

He did not look like a special back to me and that's disappointing in "the deepest hb class ever"

Time will tell, hope he is great.
To be fair, Montee Ball failed because he was a headcase and an alcoholic, not because he couldn't play.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:34 PM   #121
Zealot
I miss Wade
 
Zealot's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,815
Default

I like him.

I felt like he was at the top of the third tier of RBs
Barkley
Michel / Guice / Jones / Chubb
Penny / Freeman / Johnson etc etc

Really wanted any of the 2nd tier. And could have traded 71 to get right to 59 with their 2nd fourth.

To me he seems very similar to Henderson but runs a bit more vertical and not as elusive. Maybe better hands. Not sure on blocking. Right now, I like Henderson more but maybe the coaches dont see him as a long term option??
Zealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:42 PM   #122
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
I like him.

I felt like he was at the top of the third tier of RBs
Barkley
Michel / Guice / Jones / Chubb
Penny / Freeman / Johnson etc etc

Really wanted any of the 2nd tier. And could have traded 71 to get right to 59 with their 2nd fourth.

To me he seems very similar to Henderson but runs a bit more vertical and not as elusive. Maybe better hands. Not sure on blocking. Right now, I like Henderson more but maybe the coaches dont see him as a long term option??
Thereís room for both. Henderson is also a great receiver and def has more wiggle. Faster
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:10 PM   #123
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 34,713

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
You guys are really touchy about this guy. HMMMM

Montee Ball had amazing stats, i prefer the eye test.

He did not look like a special back to me and that's disappointing in "the deepest hb class ever"

Time will tell, hope he is great.
So do I, but your point had to do with his season two years ago, and that he went downhill from there. The opposite is true, obviously.

I never liked Monte Ball's game from the beginning. He was a plodder with a slow 40, a chain mover, not a game breaker, and he didn't break tackles like this kid either. The only thing I worry about with this guy is that he went to Oregon. A back in a spread offense sees a lot of green space when he crosses the LOS. But if you look at Freeman's tape, you see him routinely running through tackles, plowing over people and moving the pile. Ball didn't do that.

I think he and Henderson will wind up platooning like CJ and Hillman used to do. This guy's a power back with enough speed to break some decent runs in the NFL.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:37 AM   #124
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Greed is good

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 39,968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
You guys are really touchy about this guy. HMMMM

Montee Ball had amazing stats, i prefer the eye test.

He did not look like a special back to me and that's disappointing in "the deepest hb class ever"

Time will tell, hope he is great.
If you prefer the eye test and Freeman didn't look special to you then you need new eyes or glasses.
Dude is a workhorse starter from day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champhalloffamer View Post

Fixed it for you.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:10 AM   #125
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18,802
Default

Denver fans will soon learn to like Freeman.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Denver Broncos