The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #526
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Because he is a Tebow fanboy. He doesn't care about anything else.
Who isn't a Tebow fanboy? If you aren't you got problems.. I would say most in this thread qualify there...
Old 07-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #527
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Who isn't a Tebow fanboy? If you aren't you got problems.. I would say most in this thread qualify there...
No, most are Bronco fanboys. If Tebow was traded/cut, no one would care about him.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #528
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Just goes to show you how hard it is to really slow your game down and play under your talent level once you reach the NFL. Most guys are unable to make that adjustment... such a disadvantage for the SEC.
good one

I like McGruger, but he laid himself open for this one.

This thread is like finding a good magazine article while you are taking a shiit during an restroom stop at a never before visited place.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #529
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
No, most are Bronco fanboys. If Tebow was traded/cut, no one would care about him.
So you admit you are a homer?

Any OBJECTIVE fan should be a Tebow fanboy....
Old 07-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #530
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So you admit you are a homer?

Any OBJECTIVE fan should be a Tebow fanboy....
Wtf?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #531
baja
Headmaster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

I think there is a good chance Elway will trade Tebow if he feels we will get a shot at Luck.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #532
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...Perfect example?

He's a horrible example. There's no ****ing sample size to work with.

He rushed 43 times last year... in comparison that's less than HALF his amount of rushes his freshman year when he barely played.
It doesn't matter.. his performance for it being only his first three games is what made it such an incredible accomplishment.. the sample size SUPPORTS my statement.. Imagine when he gets more experienced in his own offense and the tendencies of his opposition. His familiarity with his offense and passing game will make him an even better runner...
Old 07-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #533
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
By your definition the Big East is also more talented then the NFL.

Why?
Old 07-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #534
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think there is a good chance Elway will trade Tebow if he feels we will get a shot at Luck.
What do you think of the Broncos QB situation, Baja? I wish if Elway already made up his mind he would just make his move.. I just hope he doesn't feel pressured so he isn't following his instincts. I don't think that is good for anyone.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #535
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
What do you think of the Broncos QB situation, Baja? I wish if Elway already made up his mind he would just make his move.. I just hope he doesn't feel pressured so he isn't following his instincts. I don't think that is good for anyone.
What move? He has no way of knowing who has the first overall pick next year, and you have no chance of landing a premier QB in the league today (those players are rarely traded.. Brees being the last).

Not that it matters, there is nothing on our roster that will get a team to budge from that #1 pick next year. For better or worse, this team is Tebow's team for the next few years.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #536
baja
Headmaster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Didn't you post earlier you thought Elway's instincts were flawed, stuck in the NFL of yesterday?
Old 07-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #537
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
What move? He has no way of knowing who has the first overall pick next year, and you have no chance of landing a premier QB in the league today (those players are rarely traded.. Brees being the last).

Not that it matters, there is nothing on our roster that will get a team to budge from that #1 pick next year. For better or worse, this team is Tebow's team for the next few years.
I just mean if Elway has already made up his mind that Tebow can't be an elite QB in the NFL. I don't know that he has or hasn't. I am just saying if he has. It just seems from watching the events that he might feel pressured to keep Tebow by the fans. Let's put it this way... if Tebow was the same guy but no one knew who he was would Tebow still be in the same position he is now? Would Elway even pretend he was taking him seriously as a potential franchise QB or would he not because Tebow is not a polished looking pocket passer?
Old 07-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #538
MacGruder

Quote:
Didn't you post earlier you thought Elway's instincts were flawed, stuck in the NFL of yesterday?
I think most guys from Elway's era are.. like I said.. I haven't seen Elway say anything at all to make me believe he isn't another one of them.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #539
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
I think most guys from Elway's era are.. like I said.. I haven't seen Elway say anything at all to make me believe he isn't another one of them.
so his instincts are flawed

Quote:
so you want him to follow, his flawed instincts then...is this some sort of vortex?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #540
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
A very small part of me would want this to happen just so MacGruber would follow Cutler fan and leave the Mane. I come back here and it grows 5 pages. It takes either a good post fight or one retard vs the masses.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #541
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
It's pretty hilarious ya'll mock me for conspiracy theories and you guys are the ones with the real paranoid delusions.. lol

Not a surprise at all with the IQ we are dealing with here..
Arent you the one that is scared Elway is going to get rid of Tebow? I doubt many here are thinking that but you sure do. You are paranoid.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #542
MacGruder

Quote:
Mike Vick has been a much better rushing QB in the NFL.
Mike Vick was a better rusher in the NFL than in college? I don't think so.. in fact he's worse...

Vick was a number one pick because he looked so good rushing outside of the SEC. Tebow was better running in his first three game in the NFL than Vick was.. and Vick looked like a better runner than Tebow in his conference in college.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #543
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Arent you the one that is scared Elway is going to get rid of Tebow? I doubt many here are thinking that but you sure do. You are paranoid.
You don't understand what I am saying at all.. and you appear to be paranoid.

I am worried Elway is keeping Tebow without committing to him fully and is half-hearted in his support and instead of trading him keeps him and possibly moves him to another position because he is afraid of pissing off the fans.

How can that even be considered an irrational fear considering the controversy regarding Tebow's NFL ability?

Most people here are Broncos homers and are worried about this scrub team more than Tebow's long term success. Crappy teams are a dime a dozen.. Tebow could be a revolutionary player and one of the all time greats if things break his way. That is why most here aren't really concerned about what happens either way.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #544
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
so his instincts are flawed

so you want him to follow, his flawed instincts then...is this some sort of vortex?
I wish he would follow his instincts fully rather than pretend to support a player he really doesn't just to appease the fans.

I would rather see Tebow get traded in that situation because he would be more likely to reach his potential that way.

Last edited by MacGruder; 07-11-2011 at 10:26 AM..
Old 07-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #545
MacGruder

Quote:
Vicks stats
college: Att 212 yards 1202 avg 5.7
Pros: Att 647 yards 4546 avg 7.25
You are only using his average per rush.. that doesn't equate to being a better runner.

FAIL.

Besides.. Vick was a number one pick.. Tebow was 25th.. Tebow out performed Vick in his first three starts.. and Tebow was considered a worse runner than Vick... this just illustrates my point.

Last edited by MacGruder; 07-11-2011 at 10:34 AM..
Old 07-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #546
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
You are only using his average per rush.. that doesn't equate to being a better runner.

FAIL.
Yes it does.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #547
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Yes it does.
No, it doesn't. Because it doesn't factor in the number of attempts..
Old 07-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #548
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Ummmm... yes actaully it does.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #549
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
ypc=total/attempts

But you forgot to factor in the formula for antigravity which by it's very definition negates the "attempt" part of the equation.

BTW: This is also why Suh's rookie sack record last year doesn't count.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #550
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
wow

you do get how an average is calculated, yes?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote