The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2017, 10:07 PM   #151
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,366

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Interesting how the Republicans on this forum are quiet on this...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #152
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17,951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Interesting how the Republicans on this forum are quiet on this...
I don't think they want to come in here and defend this piece of trash.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:05 PM   #153
Cascadia Bronco
Seattle = Broncos Country
 
Cascadia Bronco's Avatar
 
That guy in Bronco gear in Seattle

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 2,252

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Well they wrote a bill overhauling the tax code and passed it in less than a day with handwritten additions in the margins. But the GOP gets Koch money and the rich get a lot richer while we blow up the precious defecit that the right only cares about when the dems use it to help poor people.

They couldn't even wait until Monday for people to actually read the whole thing or get any kind of impact study. What a travesty.
Cascadia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #154
Cascadia Bronco
Seattle = Broncos Country
 
Cascadia Bronco's Avatar
 
That guy in Bronco gear in Seattle

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 2,252

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Interesting how the Republicans on this forum are quiet on this...
I'm waiting for the "**** you, I got mine" responses for the few who get to benefit.
Cascadia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #155
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17,951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadia Bronco View Post
Well they wrote a bill overhauling the tax code and passed it in less than a day with handwritten additions in the margins. But the GOP gets Koch money and the rich get a lot richer while we blow up the precious defecit that the right only cares about when the dems use it to help poor people.

They couldn't even wait until Monday for people to actually read the whole thing or get any kind of impact study. What a travesty.
Money or no money there needs to be a reckoning in 2018.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:25 PM   #156
Maleficent
Fake ❤️
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6,408
Default

FCK GOP. So frigging pissed.
Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:26 PM   #157
Maleficent
Fake ❤️
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6,408
Default


Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:52 PM   #158
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 33,845

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I don't think they want to come in here and defend this piece of trash.
One of the dumber ones has already showed up.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:17 AM   #159
commode
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

people still buying trickle down economics, lol. I mean, smh.
commode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:43 AM   #160
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 84,916
Default

Of course they did.

The GOP quietly added a provision allowing oil and fracked gas drilling in the Arctic Refuge to their unpopular tax plan. "They have snuck it in while the entire nation is focused on talking about the massive giveaway tax," says scholar Subhankar Banerjee. "This is a grand deception."

http://ow.ly/OPmf30gXm4s
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:40 AM   #161
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 78,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Like Jimmy Carter said, "America is an oligarchy running on unlimited bribery."

Last night, the oligarchs bought themselves a tax bill. Today, the markets will blossom with the news. The casino keeps rolling along. The 1% will rake in more wealth to hide offshore.

The pressure continues to rise...
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:07 AM   #162
Cascadia Bronco
Seattle = Broncos Country
 
Cascadia Bronco's Avatar
 
That guy in Bronco gear in Seattle

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 2,252

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Of course they did.

The GOP quietly added a provision allowing oil and fracked gas drilling in the Arctic Refuge to their unpopular tax plan. "They have snuck it in while the entire nation is focused on talking about the massive giveaway tax," says scholar Subhankar Banerjee. "This is a grand deception."

http://ow.ly/OPmf30gXm4s
It wasn't done quietly, it was straight up done to get the Alaska rep vote.
Cascadia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:09 AM   #163
Cascadia Bronco
Seattle = Broncos Country
 
Cascadia Bronco's Avatar
 
That guy in Bronco gear in Seattle

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 2,252

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Roberto Ferdman

@robferdman
I can't believe this is real, a tax break for private jet owners: "No tax shall be imposed...on any amounts paid by an aircraft owner for aircraft management service related to...maintenance and support of the aircraft owner's aircraft or flights on the aircraft owner's aircraft"

Hahaha this country
Cascadia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:11 AM   #164
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 78,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Early Christmas for Wall Street.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:32 AM   #165
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 84,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Early Christmas for Wall Street.
So much for the morons who said they were voting to “drain the swamp.”
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:10 AM   #166
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
Meh. Anyone can.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 32,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadia Bronco View Post
Roberto Ferdman

@robferdman
I can't believe this is real, a tax break for private jet owners: "No tax shall be imposed...on any amounts paid by an aircraft owner for aircraft management service related to...maintenance and support of the aircraft owner's aircraft or flights on the aircraft owner's aircraft"

Hahaha this country
For anyone who wants the real story...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/1...ivate-jet.html

The IRS reinterpreted the law to start assessing taxes that weren't collected up until a few years ago.

Then a federal court ordered them to stop, which put collections of this tax on hold until the law could be clarified. This bill only did exactly that.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:10 AM   #167
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
And so it goes...

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Trumpville (like Potterville, but stupider)
Posts: 78,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
So much for the morons who said they were voting to “drain the swamp.”
I'm guessing this will be a great Christmas for those who specialize in the luxury market.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:26 AM   #168
B-Large
Pork Hanger
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Oily Variety Bohunk

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11,358
Default

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...he-tax-debate/

Plenty of borrowing power for waste in the War department, gotta have this stuff for upcoming Neocon wars with Iran and North Korea.

It's awful feeling powerless and your government wastes your money while pissing down your leg.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:27 AM   #169
B-Large
Pork Hanger
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Oily Variety Bohunk

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
So much for the morons who said they were voting to “drain the swamp.”
You distract them with Tweets while fisting them with legislation.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:57 AM   #170
Cascadia Bronco
Seattle = Broncos Country
 
Cascadia Bronco's Avatar
 
That guy in Bronco gear in Seattle

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 2,252

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
For anyone who wants the real story...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/1...ivate-jet.html

The IRS reinterpreted the law to start assessing taxes that weren't collected up until a few years ago.

Then a federal court ordered them to stop, which put collections of this tax on hold until the law could be clarified. This bill only did exactly that.
So it's just upholding a tax break. Got it.
Cascadia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:32 AM   #171
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 84,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
You distract them with Tweets while fisting them with legislation.
Trumpkins will undoubtedly greet the passage of the bill as a "win" - although they will have no idea why it's a "win."

The Rethugs could successfully pass a bill authorizing the razing of their trailer parks with napalm, and they'd just pump their fists and yell "suck it, libtards!"
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:57 AM   #172
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 84,916
Default

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #173
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 40,545
Default

So if Trump has an idea that doesn't pass, it's a loss, but if something passes, it's still not counted as a win.

Trump has some huge wins now.

1- SCOTUS PICK
2-TAX REFORM/CUT
3-FEDERAL JUDGESHIPS
4-DRILLING IN ALASKA
5-AN END TO THE OBAMACARE HEALTHY PERSON HEALTHCARE TAX
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:11 PM   #174
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Elway needs to go to AA.

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 34,366

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
So if Trump has an idea that doesn't pass, it's a loss, but if something passes, it's still not counted as a win.

Trump has some huge wins now.

1- SCOTUS PICK
2-TAX REFORM/CUT
3-FEDERAL JUDGESHIPS
4-DRILLING IN ALASKA
5-AN END TO THE OBAMACARE HEALTHY PERSON HEALTHCARE TAX
This is a win if you are a rich person who doesn't care about your fellow Americans at all. That you bud?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:24 PM   #175
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 34,468
Default

In this report, the JCT concluded that even after accounting for economic growth, the plan will add over $1 trillion to the deficit over the next decade. And that was the good news. The report from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center wasn't nearly as rosy, concluding that the bill will add $1.3 trillion to the deficit after factoring in economic growth.

And you have to understand something very, very important: EVERY. SINGLE. INDIVIDUAL. TAX CUT. in the Senate bill is slated to expire on December 31, 2025. If these cuts are extended -- which as discussed below, is clearly the intent -- then the true cost of this plan goes well beyond $1 trillion over the next decade.

Even in the face of the JCT's tally, however, Mitch McConnell remained unfazed, choosing to double down by not only promising that the plan will pay for itself, but that it will actually further reduce deficits, stating, "I’m totally confident this is a revenue neutral bill. Actually a revenue producer."

You can decide for yourself who or what to believe: 100 years of sound economic theory and two independent analysis, or the promises of Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, and the elusive Gil Sylvia.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthony.../#4042bf2e254d
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Denver Broncos