The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2018, 05:57 PM   #1451
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

It’s not the ****ing tax break corporations keeping the economy afloat its the people who buy things that keep the economy afloat. Guess what the 90% like to consume, pay them so they can and you get your money back!

Brilliant!
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:24 PM   #1452
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
It’s not the ****ing tax break corporations keeping the economy afloat its the people who buy things that keep the economy afloat. Guess what the 90% like to consume, pay them so they can and you get your money back!

Brilliant!
Yup. I have a good job and make decent money, so I really can't complain too much. But every quarter my employer reports billions of dollars in profits. Yes, I said billions. Several of them. Every quarter. And then raise time rolls around and you're lucky to get 2%. It's been that way, and worse, since 2008. Little to no raise, paltry bonuses. And it's not just me or my employer. I talk to many people in good corporate jobs and it's the same thing. The return to strong capitalization and profitability hasn't really helped. Strong share price growth hasn't really helped. I'm not going to hold my breath that the tax cut is going to help beyong the bonus we got. It's really unbelievable. I'm sure many can tell similar stories, although there's going to be some variability based on the type of work you do, and where you live.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #1453
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

I was in the same boat, same type of company, reviews of 4.5 out of 5 and 1.5-2.0 % raises while CEO banked 17% or higher plus millions in options.

It’s sick

They got employees used to 2% and told them how lucky they were.

Welcome to China
Old 09-18-2018, 09:23 PM   #1454
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup. I have a good job and make decent money, so I really can't complain too much. But every quarter my employer reports billions of dollars in profits. Yes, I said billions. Several of them. Every quarter. And then raise time rolls around and you're lucky to get 2%. It's been that way, and worse, since 2008. Little to no raise, paltry bonuses. And it's not just me or my employer. I talk to many people in good corporate jobs and it's the same thing. The return to strong capitalization and profitability hasn't really helped. Strong share price growth hasn't really helped. I'm not going to hold my breath that the tax cut is going to help beyong the bonus we got. It's really unbelievable. I'm sure many can tell similar stories, although there's going to be some variability based on the type of work you do, and where you live.
Can you get them to fix all the ****ing bugs in iTunes?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:04 PM   #1455
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy

Quote:
The only way we get raises is through promotions. Like you said a 2% cost of living wage is amazing for us.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:08 PM   #1456
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

The new strategy is to give promotions without raises because people are taking them in hopes of a raise later. Then you get your 2%.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:21 AM   #1457
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Bruce Bartlett thinks you’re stupid.
That's good. Bruce hasn't been right about anything for years.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:22 AM   #1458
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well you're wrong. We will keep spending more and faster. The only way this economy is going to grow in a lasting way is for the lower 90-some percent to start sharing in the prosperity. We need demand to be driven by an actual ability to pay rather than by an ability to borrow. Something that's never going to happen. While people like you cheerlead for policies that make things worse, faster.
We're mounting entitlement deficits much faster than any other kind, and yet you're silent on those.

Wonder why? A puzzle, that one.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:26 AM   #1459
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
We're mounting entitlement deficits much faster than any other kind, and yet you're silent on those.

Wonder why? A puzzle, that one.
Another dodge from the world dodge ball champion!

Entitlements are another huge problem facing this country. But I'm not sure how/why you think giving the wealthy and corporations, who already have their thumbs on the scales, even more wealth is helping the entitlements problem. Maybe you can explain it for us?
Old 09-19-2018, 07:41 AM   #1460
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Another dodge from the world dodge ball champion!

Entitlements are another huge problem facing this country. But I'm not sure how/why you think giving the wealthy and corporations, who already have their thumbs on the scales, even more wealth is helping the entitlements problem. Maybe you can explain it for us?
Pretty simple... highest tax rate in the world drives corporations and corporate investment away.

You wouldn't dispute this in any other economic context. But Bernienomics relies primarily on addling the brain.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:50 AM   #1461
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Pretty simple... highest tax rate in the world drives corporations and corporate investment away.

You wouldn't dispute this in any other economic context. But Bernienomics relies primarily on addling the brain.
And what did the entitlement companies do with the money Beav?

It’s not coming back into the economy in terms of wages (except for the CEO’s of course) we’ve already shown that.

The whole Republican entitlement arguement is the biggest load of BS as it is simply a way to shift more money into the pockets of the wealthy.

Guess what Beav, folks who live in red states like their social security, Medicare and Obamacare. They just don’t realize it until you take it away from them.

Last edited by ghwk; 09-19-2018 at 07:54 AM..
Old 09-19-2018, 07:53 AM   #1462
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And what did the entitlement companies do with the money Beav?

It’s not coming back into the economy in terms of wages (except for the CEO’s of course) we’ve already shown that.

1. You won't know the actual impact for years. It's been in place for months.

2. Wages are already growing faster than they have in quite some time. Without any awful economic collapse creating a huge valley to crawl out of.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #1463
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
1. You won't know the actual impact for years. It's been in place for months.

2. Wages are already growing faster than they have in quite some time. Without any awful economic collapse creating a huge valley to crawl out of.
More liquid doo doo.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:57 AM   #1464
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
More liquid doo doo.
Well said... would read again.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:03 AM   #1465
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:

The corporate tax rate is actually quite low once loopholes are factored in. Try again.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:05 AM   #1466
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
That's good. Bruce hasn't been right about anything for years.
He was right back in the 80’s about your trickle down fairy tales though, right?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #1467
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The corporate tax rate is actually quite low once loopholes are factored in. Try again.
Avoidance becomes much less profitable when the tax rate is competitive.

The real story on 'loopholes' though is your government likes them more than anyone. It's what gives them all the leverage in picking winners and losers that puts slop in their campaign troughs.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #1468
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
He was right back in the 80’s about your trickle down fairy tales though, right?
Red Ink Ron was able to sell this bill of goods to many a gullible sheep like Beaver in the 1980s.

And, despite the doctrine's repeated, abysmal failures when put into practice, Beaver continues to double down.

It's never about facts for GOP partisans like Beaver - it's always about brand loyalty.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #1469
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Amazing how Beaver and other shills for the billionaire class believe this sort of economic trajectory is somehow beneficial to them...

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:39 PM   #1470
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:

This presumes that the goal of our society is to serve the financial interests of corporations.

It's not.

Talk about an "addled" brain.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #1471
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
This presumes that the goal of our society is to serve the financial interests of corporations.

It's not.

Talk about an "addled" brain.
Yeah, not to mention that the billionaire class and corporations already own and control almost everything. And yet some believe that the solution to our economic woes is to give them more. It's like a kind of Stockholm syndrome!
Old 09-19-2018, 01:13 PM   #1472
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah, not to mention that the billionaire class and corporations already own and control almost everything. And yet some believe that the solution to our economic woes is to give them more. It's like a kind of Stockholm syndrome!
You guys are always talking up the Nordic model, are you not?

Cuz our corporate tax rate's in line with theirs now. Have they just been ignorant corporate stooges all this time?
Old 09-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #1473
TonyR
Franchise Poster

A little dose of reality for the supply side magical thinkers:

As U.S. household debt rises and wages stagnate, millions of Americans are thinking about tapping into home equity to keep up with day-to-day expenses.

Twenty-four million homeowners believe borrowing against home equity is an acceptable way to cover regular bills, according to a Bankrate.com report released on Wednesday. Cash-strapped millennials, low earners and the less educated were most likely to think home equity offered an appropriate solution to ordinary bills.

“Regular household bills should be funded by a regular household income, not home equity,” said Greg McBride, chief financial analyst at Bankrate.com. “Wage growth has been elusive, but rising household expenses have not. And now home equity is being seen as a lifeline for those who are strapped for money with little wiggle room.”...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-pay-the-bills
Old 09-21-2018, 08:31 PM   #1474
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Old 09-21-2018, 11:22 PM   #1475
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy

Quote:
You guys are always talking up the Nordic model, are you not?

Cuz our corporate tax rate's in line with theirs now. Have they just been ignorant corporate stooges all this time?
Ok, when the Dems take control just remember you don't care about the deficit.

I think Republicans ONLY care about the debt when they aren't in power.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote