The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #1
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default Israeli planes attack Syria, Russian plane down

The Israelis are pushing for a wider war in Syria. The Russians have shown amazing restraint up til now, but at some point they will respond. What then?

Russian military plane with 14 on board disappears during Israeli strikes on Latakia
Published time: 17 Sep, 2018 22:42

https://www.rt.com/news/438673-russi...ppears-radars/
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

We're On The Brink Of War... And Nobody Has Noticed

By Peter Hitchens

September 17, 2018 "Information Clearing House" - Are we on the brink of a new war? It looks very much like it. Will it be justified? I do not think so. Can we stop it? It is worth a try.

Almost everyone missed an amazing and worrying moment in Parliament last week, when Foreign Office Minister Alistair Burt gave us a glimpse of the Government’s thinking. They will go to war without waiting for the facts to be checked, and without recalling Parliament.

In a very brief debate about the war in Syria, he was asked about plans – now being openly discussed at high levels in Washington – for a devastating attack on Damascus.

This will be in response to a supposed atrocity that has yet to take place but about which the Americans openly say they already have evidence – probably an alleged poison gas attack, in which we will see heartbreaking but unverified film of dead or dying children, from propaganda sources, and claims of multiple deaths from untraceable ‘eyewitnesses’.

In my view, these claims are very similar to the claims of ‘Weapons of Mass Destruction’ (WMD) in Iraq, used to bamboozle the British and American people into that catastrophic war; and also to the claims of mass rape and massacre, equally unproven, which were the excuse for David Cameron’s disastrous attack on Libya.

These two wars together created the great march of migrants from Asia and Africa into Europe, which is transforming the continent – and also led to the rebirth of Islamist terror. Yet those responsible do not learn, and continue to take us for fools.

I have checked several of the Syrian poison gas claims in the past, by reading carefully the reports of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). Here are the two most important: the OPCW never even went to the site of the alleged gas attack in Khan Sheikhoun in April 2017, which was the pretext for a spectacular American cruise missile attack on Syria.

I also found that there was no reliable custody chain for the samples supposedly taken from this site.

This is vital for the detailed forensic work that alone can discover what happened and who is to blame.

How important is this? Ask the OPCW. In April 2013, the OPCW’s then spokesman, Michael Luhan, said quite clearly: ‘The OPCW would never get involved in testing samples that our own inspectors don’t gather in the field because we need to maintain chain of custody of samples from the field to the lab to ensure their integrity.’

So under its own rules the OPCW did not meet the conditions for a reliable investigation. But that didn’t stop the warmongers. The governments that wanted to attack Syria anyway responded by turning to another organisation. This also didn’t go to the site. But it took more or less the same evidence and concluded from it that the Assad government in Syria had used poison gas.

Next came the supposed gas attack on Douma, near Damascus, on April 7, 2018. This was also followed by US bombing of Syria, this time assisted by us and the French.

If such a person can be so wrong, what hope is there for a wise decision by our Government?

In fact, the OPCW report from Douma (this time they actually got to the site) concluded that ‘no organophosphorus nerve agents or their degradation products were detected’.

The OPCW is still looking into claims that chlorine was used, but it also made it clear that Russia and Syria did not block access to the scene. The UN Department of Safety and Security accepted a delay was necessary because it simply was not safe to visit.

The OPCW’s careful Douma report, barely mentioned in Western media, was obviously inconvenient to those who want a new attack on Syria. So, yet again, there’s a rival report, by people who did not actually go to Douma. Even so they claim to have a ‘vast body of evidence’ the Syrian government used poison gas there.

Well, the Middle East is as much of an unexploded bomb today as Europe was in 1914. Saudi Arabia hates Iran, and Iran loathes the Saudis right back. Syria, which the West plans to bomb heavily in the next few weeks, is the close ally of Iran. Behind the Saudis stand the USA, Britain and France. Behind the Iranians stand the Russians and perhaps China.

I cannot see what possible interest Britain has in getting involved in such a dangerous mess, which could land us in the worst and most widespread war for decades.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/50282.htm
Old 09-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #3
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

The Syrians shot down the Russian plane, probably with Russian SAMs.

Ooops.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #4
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

The Russians say it was the SYRIAN military that downed the plane. Wrong again !
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:23 AM   #5
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Four Israeli planes had just bombed Latakia. The Syrians evidently shot down the Russian intelligence plane by accident.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:25 AM   #6
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

At some point, the Russians will refuse to allow Israeli planes to bomb Syria at will. What then? The Israelis take it for granted they can bomb anywhere anytime they please.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #7
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

ARMAGEDDON ARMAGEDDON
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:23 AM   #8
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
ARMAGEDDON ARMAGEDDON
It can happen. And it only has to happen once. Don't take my word for it. Listen to the atomic scientists...who say we are just minutes from midnight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 minutes to midnite.jpg (26.3 KB, 32 views)
Old 09-19-2018, 06:29 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Terror from the Gaffobunker!!! (patent pending)
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #10
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

der traitor gaffo prays for Armageddon.

The only way da Jooz will be cleansed from the earth.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #11
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

lol
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #12
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

From the days I researched/wrote my first book about Israel's nuke program -- it's been clear that our worst nightmare is being dragged into a Mideast war -- by Israel -- that escalates and goes nuclear. Over the years, the danger has only increased.

George Washington warned the country against entangling alliances -- but Americans are stone deaf and dumb to sage advice.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #13
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

der traitor gaffo fervently hopes for the nuclear fire to be inflicted on da Jooz and their ZOG puppets, so the world will be purified of their evil.

Putin is precisely the holy man to deliver righteous judgement on da Jooz.

Yep, that's how ****ed der traitor gaffo's mind is.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #14
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Four Israeli planes had just bombed Latakia. The Syrians evidently shot down the Russian intelligence plane by accident.
You're back peddling so fast you're leaving skid marks.

Everywhere!
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:57 PM   #15
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
It can happen. And it only has to happen once. Don't take my word for it. Listen to the atomic scientists...who say we are just minutes from midnight.
According to your posts over the years, we should be dust by now.

Give it up, Gaffney, you're ****ing clueless, always have been.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:30 PM   #16
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
According to your posts over the years, we should be dust by now.

Give it up, Gaffney, you're ****ing clueless, always have been.
We have been very very lucky.

Part of our "luck" is Putin's sane presence -- his crisis management skills and his diplomacy which saved Obama's bacon and which has staved off another wider Mideast war, more than once.

But how many times can you play Russian roulette and win?

The Israelis are crazy warmongers who think they are above international law and beyond accountability.

Due to collapsing US relations with Turkey and Pakistan, the US can no longer use our bases in those countries to stage a war against Iran. Incerlik is out because the Turks won't allow the US to make war from that base. Pakistan recently broke off the alliance with the US and cozied up to China. No way the Pakistanis will allow the US to attack Iran from their country. Also, because Qatar is now in a feud with the Saudis -- and has allied with the Iranians, the big US base there at Dohar cannot be a staging area for war with Iran.

No surprise that the US recently opened a new base in Israel -- a first. If war with Iran develops, the US - Israel military axis will be visible to the whole world. To everyone, that is, except Americans (and the knee jerks around here) who don't have a clue.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #17
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Brit and W*gs couldn't find Dohar on a map.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:50 PM   #18
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Old 09-19-2018, 07:14 PM   #19
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Brit and W*gs couldn't find Dohar on a map.
Coming from someone who has never traveled (a visit to an Ashram doesn't count) I find your comment hilarious.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:07 PM   #20
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Anyone who speaks the unvarnished truth in the US will find themselves under attack.

It's why so many Americans keep their heads down. Why be a lightening rod for the hatred of the die-hard warmongers and their 5th column?

Unfortunately, this attitude does not favor our prospects for survival -- which at the moment are rather bleak.

Me? I don't give a hoot what anyone thinks. I'm going to write and say what I know to be true - and let the chips fall.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:17 PM   #21
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Anyone who speaks the unvarnished truth in the US will find themselves under attack.

It's why so many Americans keep their heads down. Why be a lightening rod for the hatred of the die-hard warmongers and their 5th column?

Unfortunately, this attitude does not favor our prospects for survival -- which at the moment are rather bleak.

Me? I don't give a hoot what anyone thinks. I'm going to write and say what I know to be true - and let the chips fall.
Yeah, you and Trump. What martyrs! It's all fake unless you clowns like it.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:27 PM   #22
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Another spot on analysis by PCR. Putin's restraint in the face of Israeli aggression is laudable -- but borders on appease-ment And, as we all know, appease-ment invariably leads to war.

Russians are REALLY pissed off at this latest outrage by Israel - -and are beginning to question Putin's judgement. Difficult days ahead.

Can Russia Survive Her “Partnerships”? Has Putin Made A Strategic Miscalculation?

By Paul Craig Roberts

September 19, 2018 "Information Clearing House" - In an act of intentional deception, Israel used a Russian airplane to cloak an Israeli attack on a Syrian ground position, with the consequence that Syrian air defense missiles downed the Russian airplane with the lost of 15 Russian military lives.

In the words of the Russian Ministry of Defense: “The Israeli pilots used the Russian plane as cover and set it up to be targeted by the Syrian air defense forces. As a consequence, the Il-20, which has radar cross-section much larger than the [Israeli] F-16, was shot down by an S-200 system missile.” Russian Defense Minister Shoigu said: “The blame for the downing of the Russian plane and the deaths of its crew members lies squarely on the Israeli side. The actions of the Israeli military were not in keeping with the spirit of the Russian-Israeli partnership, so we reserve the right to respond.” https://russia-insider.com/en/russia...espond/ri24780 See also: http://tass.com/defense/1022123

For a few minutes it looked like Israel was finally to be held accountable for its reckless and irresponsible actions, but it was not to be. Russian President Putin contradicted his Defense Minister by declaring the loss of Russian lives to be “accidental,” a result of a “chain of tragic circumstances.”

One wonders how Israel does it. President Putin covered up for Israel’s destruction of the Russian IL-20 just as President Johnson covered up for Israel’s murderous attack on the USS Liberty that resulted in 208 US Navy casualties. https://www.rt.com/news/438728-putin...l-syria-plane/ As Israel gets away with everything, including routine massacres of unarmed Palestinian women and children, there is no reason to expect Israel to change its behavior.

Putin, however, might have to change his behavior or go to full-scale war. I have long admired and defended Putin’s refusal to escalate conflict by refusing to reply to provocation with provocation. Putin understands that he is dealing with irrationality both in Washington and the West generally and in Israel. He doesn’t want to see this irrationality erupt in nuclear war. Everyone should admire Putin for his rectitude. Nevertheless, when dealing with bullies, which is what Washington and Israel are, there is a downside to Putin’s policy of turning the other cheek. Acceptance of provocations and insults leads to more provocations and insults.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/50296.htm

Last edited by mhgaffney; 09-19-2018 at 09:41 PM..
Old 09-19-2018, 09:50 PM   #23
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

The Israeli attack was despicable -- shows a level of conniving and ill intent toward everyone. The Russian people want Putin to respond. What will happen next?

Russian Response Options to the Latest Israeli Provocation
By The Saker

September 19, 2018 "Information Clearing House" - Over the past 24 hours the Internet, including this blog, have been flooded with opinion on what everybody and anybody would do if they were in Putin’s boots. Proposals range from declaring an no-fly zone over Syria to, I kid you not, send a couple of Russian SSBNs (subs which carry intercontinental ballistic missiles) off the coast of Israel. Furthermore, since Putin has failed, at least so far, to implement any retaliatory measures, the usual chorus of “Putin is a traitor” has been swamping my poor mods with sanguine expressions of disgust about Putin, Russia and yours truly :-)

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/50292.htm
Old 09-20-2018, 06:49 AM   #24
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:

SO BRAVE!

TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:00 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

How did Russia spread its propaganda before the internet?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote