The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2018, 03:40 PM   #201
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Trump is trying with N Korea but as long as he doesn't lift sanctions with no nuclear dismantling we are good. It is quite possible the whole thing is nothing but a pony show.
Meh, I don't see much going on. Some flaming tweets for a few months escalating things, a 30 min meet and greet with no prep work, doesn't really look like he's doing anything really. And he halted joint exercises which he should have never done. Not blaming Trump for anything here because NK is gonna NK, but it was foolish for Trump to seek praise when literally nothing so far has changed.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:44 PM   #202
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Like I've said all along, this is gonna blow up in Trump's over-promoting face.

But you gotta chuckle at the same people who propose slashing defense budgets and saying "bring 'em home" suddenly getting emo over the short-term cancellation of a few ROK joint military exercises.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:44 PM   #203
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

It is such a shock to discover that the same lies the North Koreans have been feeding to American leaders for over sixty years, they also fed to Trump. The difference being that Trump lapped it up like an idiot.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #204
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Not like an idiot.... AS an idiot.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:20 PM   #205
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

But you gotta chuckle at the same people who propose slashing defense budgets and saying "bring 'em home" suddenly getting emo over the short-term cancellation of a few ROK joint military exercises.
If you're referring to me, just say it dude, have a backbone. And why don't you be the 1 Republican here to take on my questions about our military spending. All of you have done nothing but dance around it. You apparently are just fine with horrible spending oversight in regards to the Pentagon. Doesn't bother you at all that we waste billions of of tax payer dollars in defense spending that isn't needed, the fact that we spend more than the next 10 countries combined, for the past 20 years, and somehow after spending all of those billions upon billions of dollars year after year, our military is supposedly so weak and little. You damn right I don't want to keep paying hard earned taxes and have them just line the pockets of politicians and government contractors. Of course we need a strong military, and I am definitely willing to pay for it. I just don't think we need to pay billions of extra dollars to line the pockets of those who are stealing it and not spending what we give them wisely. If you don't think there is wasteful spending in our military, then I'll end the conversation with you because what's the point. You sure would be running around pulling out your hair about wasteful spending in other areas of our government, but no, when it comes to defense waste spending, you go mute.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:31 PM   #206
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

I just chuckle at the "conservative" deficit/debt hawks that suddenly no longer give a ****. Ya know, like Price.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:14 PM   #207
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
IQ45 might as well just tell his supporters the border wall has been built while he's at it.

I don't think he was lying on this one. I just don't think he knew any better.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:47 PM   #208
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I don't think he was lying on this one. I just don't think he knew any better.
This is how I often feel about Trump:

Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:14 AM   #209
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
If you're referring to me, just say it dude, have a backbone.
You're not the only one, just the latest.

"Slash the budget! Bring those boys home! ZOMG, cancelled exercises in SE ASIA?!?!"

Suffice it to say, gutting the military budget will have far more impact on our reach over there than another round of military exercises.

Quote:
And why don't you be the 1 Republican here to take on my questions about our military spending. All of you have done nothing but dance around it.
I've posted the same article twice when you've made the claim nobody will address your point. Not sure if you've read it. But there's a credible argument that, adjusted for enlisted pay and Chinese subsidization of military industry, we may actually be spending less, effectively speaking. You're the one I haven't seen respond.

Quote:
You apparently are just fine with horrible spending oversight in regards to the Pentagon. Doesn't bother you at all that we waste billions of of tax payer dollars in defense spending that isn't needed, the fact that we spend more than the next 10 countries combined, for the past 20 years, and somehow after spending all of those billions upon billions of dollars year after year, our military is supposedly so weak and little.
Lumping two issues here, one I already addressed. The other is how your federal government operates in every sphere. It's horribly inefficient. I'd love to get to the bottom of a lot of it. Unfortunately everyone in Congress has their little spheres of influence, and one man's waste is another man's treasure.

Quote:
You damn right I don't want to keep paying hard earned taxes and have them just line the pockets of politicians and government contractors. Of course we need a strong military, and I am definitely willing to pay for it. I just don't think we need to pay billions of extra dollars to line the pockets of those who are stealing it and not spending what we give them wisely. If you don't think there is wasteful spending in our military, then I'll end the conversation with you because what's the point. You sure would be running around pulling out your hair about wasteful spending in other areas of our government, but no, when it comes to defense waste spending, you go mute.
Again, there's wasteful spending everywhere. Someone proposes cutting Medicare and we don't hear about, "Well I'm sure there's plenty of fat there to be cut." (even though there is) No, instead we hear "They're gonna roll grandma's wheelchair off a cliff!"

Why are you surprised at encountering this very game you're so eager to play in every other sphere.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:18 AM   #210
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I just chuckle at the "conservative" deficit/debt hawks that suddenly no longer give a ****. Ya know, like Price.
Best argument for split control of government there is.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #211
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Meh, I don't see much going on. Some flaming tweets for a few months escalating things, a 30 min meet and greet with no prep work, doesn't really look like he's doing anything really. And he halted joint exercises which he should have never done. Not blaming Trump for anything here because NK is gonna NK, but it was foolish for Trump to seek praise when literally nothing so far has changed.
Obama won the nobel peace prize and accepted it. What did he do?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:12 AM   #212
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

And you can't gut the military and leave troops all over the world doing war games. Make up your minds dems.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:02 AM   #213
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Obama won the nobel peace prize and accepted it. What did he do?
How is this even remotely relevant? Obama was given an award and accepted it. If I recall, he even found it a bit odd at the time.

Trump specifically targeted this for some publicity stunt to win a headline. He's a ****tard.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:03 AM   #214
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:

Funny how Kim, Putin and China are so adamant about stopping the exercises, considering how, you know, the exercises are so insignificant and whatnot.

I have to chuckle at the Trumpistas who are forced to pretend not to care about the Great Deal Maker making such concessions for nothing in return.

Just imagine if Obama had made this kind of "deal." The wingnuts would be losing their minds.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #215
Guess Who
Yeti Pubes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I'm in Stormy

North Korea snubs US, skips meeting on returning soldier remains

Zachary CohenCNN Digital Expansion DC Elise Labott
By Zachary Cohen and Elise Labott, CNN

Updated 1717 GMT (0117 HKT) July 12, 2018

Washington (CNN)North Korean officials did not show up to a planned meeting with US officials at the demilitarized zone Thursday, where they were expected to continue discussions on repatriating the remains of Americans killed during the Korean War, a senior US official tells CNN.

There was no call or explanation from North Korean officials on why they skipped the meeting.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo ignored a question about the apparent snub when asked by reporters traveling with him in Brussels on Thursday.
The development is likely to fuel growing skepticism over North Korea's commitment to a complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula as promised during last month's meeting between President Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un in Singapore.

"The North Koreans were just messing around, not serious about moving forward," the source told CNN's Michelle Kosinski, adding that Pompeo had been promised a meeting with Kim, and the fact that it failed to materialize sent a big message.

complete article and video
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #216
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

"A very nice note from Chairman Kim of North Korea. Great progress being made!" - Trump
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #217
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
"A very nice note from Chairman Kim of North Korea. Great progress being made!" - Trump
He's really the world's biggest ****tard
Old 07-12-2018, 01:05 PM   #218
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Cheetolini thinks KJU won't jerk him around.

Guess what, dumbass?

That's the way KJU, Dad, and Grand-dad did and do things with us and everyone else.

Cheetolini is just the latest.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:34 PM   #219
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
North Korea snubs US, skips meeting on returning soldier remains

Zachary CohenCNN Digital Expansion DC Elise Labott
By Zachary Cohen and Elise Labott, CNN

Updated 1717 GMT (0117 HKT) July 12, 2018

Washington (CNN)North Korean officials did not show up to a planned meeting with US officials at the demilitarized zone Thursday, where they were expected to continue discussions on repatriating the remains of Americans killed during the Korean War, a senior US official tells CNN.

There was no call or explanation from North Korean officials on why they skipped the meeting.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo ignored a question about the apparent snub when asked by reporters traveling with him in Brussels on Thursday.
The development is likely to fuel growing skepticism over North Korea's commitment to a complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula as promised during last month's meeting between President Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un in Singapore.

"The North Koreans were just messing around, not serious about moving forward," the source told CNN's Michelle Kosinski, adding that Pompeo had been promised a meeting with Kim, and the fact that it failed to materialize sent a big message.

complete article and video
I have never trusted the NK and their masters, the Chinese. Repatriation of remains is an emotionally important issue for some of us, and the NK wants to get some food, oil and money for them.

Mo-effing Dotard Don walks right into the trap. He cannot fathom negotiating when the other guy is just as corrupt as he is.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #220
W*GS
Eppure si scalda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I have never trusted the NK and their masters, the Chinese. Repatriation of remains is an emotionally important issue for some of us, and the NK wants to get some food, oil and money for them.

Mo-effing Dotard Don walks right into the trap. He cannot fathom negotiating when the other guy is just as corrupt as he is.
KJU is planning to be around for all of Cheetolini's regime and many US presidents following.

He's playing a very long game, just like his Daddy did.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #221
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
"And, in other news, the chocolate ration has been increased from three grams to two grams per day."

Old 09-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #222
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #223
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Nice try Falco. This was a meeting with the SK President. Had nothing to do with Trump's or Pompeo's meetings. It was also stated

Quote:
The main focus of the summit was the issue of denuclearisation. While the US and North Korea agreed in broad terms earlier this year to work towards that goal, negotiations have stalled.
Pyongyang has now sought to reconfirm its commitment.
Mr Kim expressed a readiness to shut down the Yongbyon nuclear facility - where North Korea is believed to have produced the material used in its nuclear tests - if the US took some reciprocal action. The details of that were not specified.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-45569924

gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #224
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

TeamSwag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

the fact they are opening it up to inspectors for the first time shows progress.

the fact missles are no longer being launched over japan shows progress.

i just hope Nkorea follows thru.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:01 PM   #225
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Nice try Falco. This was a meeting with the SK President. Had nothing to do with Trump's or Pompeo's meetings. It was also stated
Lolz!

In his haste to give Dear Leader a reach-around, Tiki Torch Boy neglected to read.