The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #951
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
what's his fac

. tebow sucks
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #952
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
. tebow sucks
GD I missed you guy.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #953
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Jets want him at 250 pounds. He's gained about 9 already. Starting QB position is becoming an after thought now. He's turning into an invented position made up by Rex Ryan. He's a punt protecting H-back now.
I just saw that, looks like they may want him to take some hand offs kinda like a traditional FB would.

Tebow is bulking up to become the FB/H-back we all thought he could be.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #954
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Jets want him at 250 pounds. He's gained about 9 already. Starting QB position is becoming an after thought now. He's turning into an invented position made up by Rex Ryan. He's a punt protecting H-back now.
Yup, the good news is that they're going to use him. The bad news is it's not going to be as a QB. They're going to run him, which is probably exactly how he'll be the most useful. I just wonder whether or not the gimmick has an expiration date if overused...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #955
razorwire77
Great week of practice!!!

Leader of Men

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Which is all fine and dandy until Sanchez limp ***** a couple of games and the circus begins all over again. In all seriousness though, a 250 pound Tebow H-back hybrid, who is still a threat to in certain formations to be a wildcard QB and occasionally throw up a 9 route could be a very dangerous weapon. If Timmy accepts this role, he could wind up being a jumbo package Brad Smith.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #956
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
You keep saying "fun"... screw "fun" I wanna win a SB not have "fun". Fun is for losers.
I mean fun winning -- like last season.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #957
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Once we got Manning, the only things Tebow was gonna see were the clipboard and the view from the sideline bench.... so Elway did Tebow an enormous favor in allowing him to choose another team to play for.
He really did -- Tebow is way better off, and so are the Jets. I just would have liked to have kept Tebow as a Bronco along with Peyton.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #958
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
I love how Bronco fans who saw Tebow for what he was and is...a Gimmic...are called haters. Tebow is and will always be a below average QB until he realizes that and starts playing HBack or doing soemthing different where the passing league that is the NFL allows him to be consistently successfull and not a horrible QB for 3 quarters and a 2 minute drill man.

That doesn't make him any less of a good guy.
Exactly... he's lacking some of the tools he needs to play QB at this level and his two choices are to either: A) acquire those necessary tools or B) adjust his focus and change to another position for which he does have the necessary tools (utilize what skills he does have rather than trying to fit the square peg in the round hole). If not... as it's been for other players who lacked necessary tools to play the game... it's "Not For Long". If the Jest are asking him to put on more weight, it looks like they're making Choice B.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #959
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
He really did -- Tebow is way better off, and so are the Jets. I just would have liked to have kept Tebow as a Bronco along with Peyton.
Me too. It is my belief that our fans made that an impossibility. His loudest fans are already calling for him to start in New York in spite of the reality of the situation.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #960
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
No, not really. Sure, in a tin-foil-hat sort of way, I suppose it was all a massive conspiracy to get rid of Tebow, our pursuit of Manning. Problem is, there's not really anything to back it up. Again, unless you're wearing tin foil on your head.
It wasn't a conspiracy or anything done "wrong." But this organization didn't develop Tebow the right way, get the full benefit of Tebow, and apparently didn't make any really meaningful plans to do that once McD got fired. The early leaks from Lombardi were correct, that the outlook was not good for Tebow having the support of the organization.

I don't think they ever buckled down and did the hard work of really developing him.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #961
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I think that... one move at a time... Elway is putting his own indelible stamp on the team..."erasing" the McDaniels mistakes in the effort to make us all forget that he was even here. In that context, cutting ties and moving on makes a lot of sense.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #962
Jay3

Quote:
I think that... one move at a time... Elway is putting his own indelible stamp on the team..."erasing" the McDaniels mistakes in the effort to make us all forget that he was even here. In that context, cutting ties and moving on makes a lot of sense.
In hindsight, it fits everything he's done.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #963
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
It wasn't a conspiracy or anything done "wrong." But this organization didn't develop Tebow the right way, get the full benefit of Tebow, and apparently didn't make any really meaningful plans to do that once McD got fired. The early leaks from Lombardi were correct, that the outlook was not good for Tebow having the support of the organization.

I don't think they ever buckled down and did the hard work of really developing him.
Yeah, it's not like he immediately went from being the backup to being named the starter after McD was fired. Oh, wait a sec.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #964
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:

Or they thought, as the Jets seem to think, that he's not a quarterback, and with him quarterbacking in Denver already out of the bag, you couldn't go backwards and it was best to cut your losses.

Elway wants a QB who can throw consistently. In the modern NFL, to win championships you have to throw consistently. The running game is becoming less and less important in this league, so you've got to be able to toss the rock.

If Tim would have said "the best thing for the team is for me to play H-Back or be a special package player" -- which is true, incidentally -- he could have stayed in Denver. But he didn't, so he couldn't.

That's that.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #965
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Yeah, it's not like he immediately went from being the backup to being named the starter after McD was fired. Oh, wait a sec.
There was the Cards game in between. Where old best chance to win went 19 of 41 for 0 TD's and 3 INT's.

They had to start someone else after that fiasco.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #966
Shananahan

Quote:
Starting QB position is becoming an after thought now.
Don't kid yourself.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #967
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
They turned out to be right.
But yet when TonyR said Elway wasn't sold on Tebow you and your cronies were unmerciful in your blasting him....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #968
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

How do you develop a quarterback who can't physically throw the football at an NFL level?
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #969
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
How do you develop a quarterback who can't physically throw the football at an NFL level?
I don't know the answer to that one. I was talking about Tebow, who can.

I don't see why you guys always have to overstate your case so much. He can throw the football. His mechanics for the short game have needed serious work, and he's done that.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #970
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I don't know the answer to that one. I was talking about Tebow, who can.

I don't see why you guys always have to overstate your case so much. He can throw the football. His mechanics for the short game have needed serious work, and he's done that.
Uh... Tebow cannot consistently put the football where it has to be and at the NFL level, QBs are expected to be able to do that.

A handful of good passes in the last few minutes of games won't counterbalance 3 quarters of offensive ineptitude for very long. Tebow still needs a lot of work with mechanics, footwork, timing, and decision-making... and to say otherwise is unrealistic.

Quote:
If a front office has already ascertained that a given player's skillset does not match their vision for the future of the team, then why would they heavily invest (gamble their own careers) in that player's development? They wouldn't... they'd seek and acquire another player whose skillset is what they're looking for; cut ties with the one who doesn't fit and move on.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #971
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Tebow belongs in Canada, more than Flutie EVER did.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #972
Jay3

Quote:
Uh... Tebow cannot consistently put the football where it has to be and at the NFL level, QBs are expected to be able to do that.
Uh. . . . that's not what he said.

Quote:
If a front office has already ascertained that a given player's skillset does not match their vision for the future of the team,
Do you think they did conclude that? Because that's not what they said. It's not what Elway said on numerous occasions.

But I say any variation of that, somebody tags in and says "conspiracy theory." I do think their actions display that they were not trying to develop him and wanted to go get someone else.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:32 AM   #973
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Quote:

Do you think they did conclude that? Because that's not what they said. It's not what Elway said on numerous occasions.

But I say any variation of that, somebody tags in and says "conspiracy theory." I do think their actions display that they were not trying to develop him and wanted to go get someone else.
Because to say ANYTHING else would have invited the circus back in. This isn't the Denver Tebows, it's the Denver Broncos, and he has a TEAM to run, not worry about answering to a ****-ton of know-nothing "TEBOW IS SO WONDERFUL" dip****s. Not necessarily counting you among that bunch because for the most part I think your comments are intelligent in ways that theirs generally were not. But the point remains.

If the GM of a football team is being hammered on all sides, in the press (Paige) and by the fans, and they all just feed off each others' momentum, how's he supposed to do his job?

Thanks, I'll pass on all that. I'd rather he get rid of the distraction (being asked fifty questions about Tebow and two about the rest of the team in an interview, having Paige rip him every single morning like an obsessed teenager with a burn book), cut ties and move on.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #974
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Let's Go Broncos!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:

What he said is: (exact quote)
"How do you develop a quarterback who can't physically throw the football at an NFL level?"

Your reply was:
"I don't know the answer to that one. I was talking about Tebow, who can." (the bolded 2 words are what I'm addressing with my next comment).

So... if, at the NFL level, QBs are expected to be able to consistently put the football where it has to be ("throwing the football at an NFL level") and Tebow cannot do that consistently, then I believe your assertion that "he can"... is patently false.

As for the front office's assessment of Tebow, I'd say their actions just might speak louder than the politically-correct words "the Tebow circus" forced them to carefully choose... words that were parsed from here to eternity anyway by those who were minutely examining every word, every facial expression and every "body language" in the relentless pursuit of something to be outraged over. It's purely business; Tebow's skillset was not what they wanted so they took the first opportunity they got to upgrade to someone who does. And in the process, they put Tebow into a better situation for his career too. Win/win from my perspective.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #975
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Because to say ANYTHING else would have invited the circus back in. This isn't the Denver Tebows, it's the Denver Broncos, and he has a TEAM to run, not worry about answering to a ****-ton of know-nothing "TEBOW IS SO WONDERFUL" dip****s. Not necessarily counting you among that bunch because for the most part I think your comments are intelligent in ways that theirs generally were not. But the point remains.

If the GM of a football team is being hammered on all sides, in the press (Paige) and by the fans, and they all just feed off each others' momentum, how's he supposed to do his job?

Thanks, I'll pass on all that. I'd rather he get rid of the distraction (being asked fifty questions about Tebow and two about the rest of the team in an interview, having Paige rip him every single morning like an obsessed teenager with a burn book), cut ties and move on.
I genuinely didn't think Elway was affected by all that -- Woody Paige, tweets, or fans. I think he made a football decision.

Which is why I tend to push back at all the statements that it was the "circus" that caused the Tebow trade. I don't believe that of Elway.