The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2017, 03:19 PM   #126
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

RAYSHAWN JENKINS, FS, Miami, 6'-1" 214 lbs.

Pick made at 6:19 EST
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #127
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default With their 4th round pick the Denver Broncos select...

CB Howard Wilson

6'1 184

4.57 40

33.5 vertical

2015: Medical Redshirt
2016: 54 tackles 5 ints 2.5tfl

He is our replacement for Keyvon Webster on special teams as well as a possible Aqib Talib replacement in a year or 2. I expect him to run faster at his pro day and he will be a fast riser possibly into the 2nd Round.

jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #128
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

With pick 127 in round 4 of the mock draft the Detroit Lions select:

Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boisie State

Write up to follow tomorrow.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:30 PM   #129
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Minn selects with pick #129

Jamaal Williams RB BYU

7:30 mst
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #130
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

With the 129th pick in the 2017 Orange Mane Mock Draft, obtained via trade from the Raiders, the NY Jets select Davis Webb, QB, California.

Rationale: The Jets signed 15-year vet Josh McCown to "mentor" Chris Hackenberg (2d round 2016) and Bryce Petty (3d round 2015). I think they are done with Geno. (I was done with him a long time ago.) Because of that, I don't see them spending a top-6 pick on another QB, but I do think there's room for another developmental player - especially if Petty continues to look sub-par.

While I don't buy all the first round hype released by Webb's agent, I think he showed enough at the senior bowl to crack the top 100 and he's certainly getting eyeballed and interviewed by a lot of teams.

So, at 129, I'm comfortable with the pick as a way to hedge my bets.

Pick made at 11:39 pm Mountain time.

The Indianapolis Colts are on the clock.

Last edited by Old Dude; 03-27-2017 at 02:09 PM..
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:56 AM   #131
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

With the 130th pick of the 2017 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select:

Duke Riley LB LSU
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:09 AM   #132
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Broncos GM (God's Masterpiece)

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reuben Foster

With the 131st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Tedric Thompson, FS, Colorado Buffaloes

Thompson has great range, great ball skills and ball tracking. He didn't test well at the combine but his production is great and we believe he will become a quality starter in this league. Pairing him with Eric Berry is going to be exciting.

Last edited by Carmelo15; 03-27-2017 at 07:19 AM..
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:18 AM   #133
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reuben Foster

With the 132nd pick with Kansas City Chiefs select Brad Kaaya, QB The U

He has the tools to develop into a possible starter. He's a raw prospect and should've stayed in school for another year. He has good touch and can amaze and just as easily disappoint. He is not our rated player left on the board but did not feel he would drop to the late 5th.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:14 AM   #134
lukeb5533
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

With the 133rd pick the dallas cowboys select OT Adam Bisnowaty Pitt

Pick made 10:14am central coloradobuff and the packers are otc
lukeb5533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:38 AM   #135
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

With the 134th pick in the 2017 OM NFL DRAFT....Green Bay selects........Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State

5'10" 184 LBS.

STRENGTHS Good bounce in his feet for short area movement. Plays with a quick transition forward from his pedal when reacting to the route. Looks for most efficient route to the ball to disrupt the catch. Very good route awareness from zone. Can split the high-low combinations and anticipates the chosen route early. Highly instinctive with a taste for turnovers. Wants to make a play on every ball thrown his way. Posted 43 passes defensed over the last three years including 16 interceptions during that time. Active and downhill in his run support.

WEAKNESSES Tall and a little tight in his backpedal. Unable to carry deep speed down the field. Can be beaten over the top if he's not diligent with his positioning. Can be run out of position by play-action and jet sweeps that are directed his way. Has recovery quickness underneath, but is missing recovery speed. Takes unsound angles in run support and will lose contain. Lacks size for outside and could be mismatched against size.

BOTTOM LINE Limited by his size and his long speed, Kazee has all the instincts and ball skills that a team could want. If he fails to run well, he could drop a round or even two, but he's a good fit for teams who run zone and off man. His willingness in run support and his penchant for taking the ball away should follow him into the pros and make for an early transition into a third or fourth cornerback role.

pick made @ 10:35 am mtn time.

Last edited by ColoradoBuff; 03-27-2017 at 09:41 AM..
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:42 AM   #136
BowlenBall
UDFA

War Daddy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

With the 135th pick in the 2017 OM Mock Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers proudly select:

Shaquill Griffin, CB, Central Florida

Measurables:
Height: 6'00"
Weight: 194 lbs.
Arm: 32.38"
Hand: 8.75"
40 yard dash: 4.38
3-cone: 6.87
Short shuttle: 4.14
Vertical jump: 38.5"
Broad jump: 11"
225-lb bench: 17 reps

Prospect analysis from NFL.com:
Strengths: Has good size and strength. Has a disruptive punch and feet to impede in press coverage. Loose and athletic in his movement. Able to flip hips and match receivers without giving up much early separation in his transition. Allowed just 32.9 percent of throws his way to be completed. Possesses plus ball skills. Uses well-timed leaps and strong hands to challenge at the catch point. Is a rake it or take it cornerback with 34 passes defensed over the last two seasons, including six interceptions. Runs through targets looking to jar the catch loose. Aggressive in run support. Looks to play through receivers on the way to the ball. Can wrap up or chop down running backs.

Weaknesses: Long speed is very average and will allow some vertical separation against speedsters. Had difficulties staying with Michigan wide receiver Amara Darboh in Week 3 of this season. His instincts and anticipation are just average. Can be slow with pattern recognition on combo routes. Has issues maintaining his coverage distance from man-off. Plays tall in space limiting his transition quickness when attempting to mirror receivers out of their route breaks. Has to be careful not to lunge when trying to reroute receivers after their release.

Bottom Line: Griffin plays the game with an aggressive tilt both in coverage and in his run support. Griffin has good ball skills with a closing burst to challenge throws, but his anticipation is just average and he may not be able to play off of receivers and still be as effective with his ball production. Because he lacks long speed but is an effective tackler, he could be targeted by a defense favoring Cover-2 coverage.

BowlenBall's rationale for the pick:
We took Kevin King in the 2nd round, but the cornerback position is nutty deep this year, so couldn't resist the chance to double-dip with another long, tall athletic phenom. Given his size and strength (17 reps on the bench), I see Griffin as a good developmental press corner who may take a year or two to develop, but has all the tools to eventually be successful in the NFL.

Pick made at:
8:42 p.m. Abu Dhabi
12:42 p.m. New York
11:42 a.m. Chicago
10:42 a.m. Denver
9:42 a.m. Los Angeles
8:42 a.m. Soldotna

The Atlanta Falcons and Arkie are now on the clock....

Last edited by BowlenBall; 03-27-2017 at 10:32 AM..
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #137
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
A.J. Derby

With the 136th pick, the Atlanta Falcons select...

Jessamen Dunker, OG, Tennessee State
Attached Images

Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #138
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

WITH THE 137TH OVERALL SELECTION IN THE 2017 NFL DRAFT,

THE CINCINNATI BENGALS SELECT:

DT RYAN GLASGOW, MICHIGAN

Cincinnati is pleased to add one of the best DTs in this draft to bolster their interior defensive line.

Ranked #47 on my Top 300 Big Board. And my highest remaining player.

GAME TAPE:

Wisconsin (2016): Playing RDT. Scrappy grappler type, fighting against a lot of double teams, has beaten a few through sheer tenacity. At times it literally looks like hes clawing his way through them. Also, blown off the ball at times. Overall, looks strong against the run early. Has some gap shooting ability, though more on effort and strength than quickness and burst. Inside swim on RG for a sack, caught him leaning. Guy plays pretty low, hes getting under a lot of O-linemen. Swatted pass. Doesnt usually get hands up. I kind of like this tape. Hes actually really good at getting into a gap quickly and just working super hard on that angle to squeeze through, or at a minimum, remove the ability for the O-lineman to move him back. Pretty slow on redirect, flashed a rip move. Good against cut blocks, plays low, so defends those well. Great outside swim on LG for a QB hit. Flashes decent bull rush, especially on initial punch. Good with leverage to power. Relentlessness caused an interception. Flashed an average spin move. Late in this game, when Wisconsin had to pass, Glasgow was wreaking havoc as a pass rusher just splitting gaps and harassing the QB. Plays a ton of snaps.

Ohio State (2016): Playing RDT. Nice stack and shed to stuff a run. More of the same. He rarely rushes straight up, he always shoots a gap and then muscles through. Pretty good ability to stop and change directions for a sack, essentially ran an arc around the LG with a nice pivot at the top. Beasting against the run again, fighting through blocks and double teams, holding up blockers to clog lanes, and just being really effective. Bull rush remains effective, its not fast power on roller skates, but its continual walking back the O-lineman. Nice reps at goal line. OC Pat Elflein has been fairly effective slowing him down a bit. He has a decent enough burst to get into a gap off the snap, once he gets a crease, hes hard to stop. Effort is outstanding. Fighter. Good tape.

FSU (2016): Playing RDT. Getting double teamed early, standing up to it, but not able to make plays. Decent rip move on LG to get around him. Stout at the goal line, not giving up ground. Shows an uppercut move to help disengage and get the OGs arm off him. Nice swim to split the double team, shoved off the other guy, stuffed the run. This guy is a monster in the middle. Non-stop double teams on him, hes fighting them hard every snap. Shot the gap off the snap, RG was too slow to get over and block him. Good quickness for a big guy. Decent bull rush on LG when 1v1. Nice club move on OC to swat him out of the way, good attempt to swat ball as well. Will chase QB down field on scramble. Effort is elite. Swim move is really good, its quick and he combos it with a shove in the back from his other arm. Gets good penetration off that move. Literally just round house clubbed the LG and knocked him over, then ran in for a sack on QB. Was awesome. Looked like an Andre the Giant type move. Shot the gap, got hit on QB. Clubbed off the OC, stuffed the run. Nice job running laterally and chasing down Cook. Love this guys effort and ability, total stud. Overall, hes an absolute beast as a complete DT. Quick enough and has some great moves to penetrate and get sacks, but also very strong and stout against double teams and is a force in run defense. Superb DT prospect. Id consider him starting in the late 1st round, more likely he goes in round 2.

SELECTION ANALYSIS:

Best available player, #47 on our big board. Not really a huge need at DT since we already drafted McDowell, but we have little in the cupboard outside of him and Atkins, now we add Glasgow. More of a penetrating, gap working DT, but very stout against the run and can battle with the best of them against double teams. Just a complete player to add to the stable. Feel very strongly that due to all the stars on Michigan's defense, this lunch pail, but massively disruptive player and one of the two cogs to that interior defense, has been largely overlooked. Had some of the best DT tape in this draft, especially in terms of well-roundedness and impact against the run and pass.

CRITICISM:

Has refined pass rush moves and excellent agility for a DT, the critique that he'll be limited as a pass rush threat is nonsense. And he proved that at the Combine by posting the best combined Shuttle and 3 Cone drills at the event for a DT. He can bend the arc as a DT when stunting outside and change directions on the spot, not something many DTs can do. His bread and butter is run defense where he is ridiculously stout against double teams and battles against them as hard as any player in this draft. Seems to be plenty of agreement on that at least. The idea of moving him to the O-line makes sense because he'd probably be amazing at that as well, but I think this is a 3 down stud at DT or DE in a 34 defense. Will obviously play 43 DT for the Bengals.

WITH THE 138TH OVERALL SELECTION IN THE 2017 NFL DRAFT,

THE CINCINNATI BENGALS SELECT:

LB BEN GEDEON, MICHIGAN

Cincinnati is pleased to draft it's #2 rated ILB in this entire draft behind Rueben Foster.

Ranked #49 on my Top 300 Big Board. And my second highest remaining player.

GAME TAPE:

Penn State (2016): Playing MLB in a 43 defense. Stays on field for nickel. Man coverage on TE, looked fine. Lots of zone drops. Some solid lateral chase ability. Doing a rock solid job with stack and shed on the O-linemen. Shows no fear or concern, stands them up, and usually disengages if the RB nears. In coverage, hes asked to do quite a bit of different things, and he looks pretty good so far. Not showing much as a blitzer at all. Looks pretty good in the run game, takes good angles on outside runs. Very effective against inside runs. Effort has been great, had one play where he dove and missed the RB twice before getting up and chasing him across the field and out of bounds. Thought this was very impressive tape on every level. Hes much more athletic and well-rounded than I expected.

Wisconsin (2016): Playing MLB in a 43 defense. Continues to show good lateral speed to get to the edge when chasing. Very effective at mixing it up inside against the OGs, he stands them up and either powers through them to make a tackle or sheds them. Flashing a little bit as a blitzer up the interior gaps in this game, not really getting blocked, just kind of patient blitzes. I see pretty good speed out of him, faster than a lot of the other MLB prospects on tape at least. Got beat trying to get over and cover a RB wheel route from the MLB position, speed was fine, coverage solid, just a tough cover. Good man coverage on the TE. Im liking this tape again. Everything looks good. Quickness, speed, instincts, run defense, pass defense. Hes not elite, but hes very good at everything. Gotta think that if the rest of this defense wasnt so good, this guy might have put up monster stats.

Ohio State (2016): Playing MLB in a 43 defense. Getting fooled early a bit on misdirection and option plays. Showing good man coverage on the TE. Shows good angles and speed on outside runs. Hes simply one of the better MLBs Ive seen so far on tape in terms of sideline to sideline ability. Hes doing better on blitzing. Early in the season he tended to just run full speed into someone, these last two games Ive done, he does more of a patient, delayed blitz and hits a gap once it emerges. Hes gotten solid pressure. Hes beasting against the interior run so far in this game. Solid hits and tackles. Quick, accurate reads. He is just so quick and fast for a big LB type, still kind of surprised at how athletic he looks on tape. And he has great instincts. Against non-option and misdirection teams, hes a killer. These guys are slowing him up a little, but hes gotten better and better as the game has gone on with diagnosing the play and attacking instantly. He looks like a three down LB that could actually play well at any of the LB positions. One of the best Ive seen in this draft. Curious as to his measureables, but could go anywhere from the 1st-2nd round.

SELECTION ANALYSIS:

Cincinnati doesn't have a long term answer on its roster at MLB and they recently released Rey Maualuga. Kevin Minter is on a one year deal, and ILB is going to be a lock to get addressed in this draft at some point. Gedeon popped off the tape in ridiculous fashion with every game I did. Not just his one, but as I did all the other ILBs in this draft, only one, Foster, came close to matching him. He's fast, agile, good in the pass game, can chase sideline to sideline, and dominates in the hole. His instincts are so insanely good, that they make up for any speed deficiencies. He flies around and makes play after player, and flashed as a blitzing force up the middle. Along with Glasgow, I think he's the unsung leader and the most dominant force on Michigan's entire defense. Peppers, Charlton, and Lewis get a lot of hype, and it's well deserved, I thought Gedeon's impact in the games was more consistent and the true heartbeat of this team.

CRITICISM:

He's not athletic enough. Hogwash. He's as fast on tape, forward, backward, sideline to sideline, as any ILB in this draft, and more than most OLBs. His shuttle and cone times at the Combine are epic for a 250 lb ILB. Combined with his instincts, which I don't talk about that very often, but the guy almost always does the right thing, goes to the right spot, and has no missteps. He's fast on the field and is a complete three down ILB who gives maximum effort and toughness every play. A guy I want leading my defense and getting people lined up correctly.

Florida Broncos and Philadelphia are now on the clock!
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:39 PM   #139
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

The Philadelphia Eagles select Isaiah Ford, WR, Virginia Tech. Pick made at 9:39pm EST.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:23 PM   #140
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

With the #140 pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Chad Wheeler, OT, USC

Writeup to follow.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:06 AM   #141
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

With pick #141 the L.A. Rams select OT/OG Erik Magnuson, Michigan.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:20 AM   #142
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Houston Texans with the #142 overall pick select DE/LB Dawuane Smoot of Illinois.

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #143
BowlenBall
UDFA

War Daddy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

With the 143rd pick in the 2017 OM Mock Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers proudly select:

Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State

Career at San Diego State:
2013: 1 start
2014: 13 starts
2015: 14 starts, 1st team all-Mountain West
2016: 12 starts, 1st team all-Mountain West

Measurables:
Height: 6'04"
Weight: 319 lbs.
Arm: 33.5"
Hand: 10.63"
40 yard dash: 5.35
3-cone: 7.71
Short shuttle: 4.56
Vertical jump: 32"
Broad jump: 9'01"
225-lb bench: 28 reps

Prospect analysis from NFL.com:
Strengths: Compact, girthy frame with thickly muscled arms. Low center of gravity with adequate hip bend to unlock power. Strong core. Able to scoop under defenders and root them out. Drive blocker with strength to win individual battles. Better-than-expected maneuverability when asked to pull. Able to redirect his weight. Has anchor to pass-set at shallow depths and handle bull rushers. Showed a little more nasty in his game as a senior than he did in junior season. Great in the locker room and well liked.

Weaknesses: Labors coming out of stance. Tends to pop upright and is delayed in his lateral movements. Reach blocks and cut-off blocks on middle linebackers are mission impossible. Hands are a little slow with inconsistent placement. Impatient with punch and will get caught lunging. Has to work to keep weight balanced in pass sets. Unable to punch and mirror, allowing active rushers a pathway to his edge.

Bottom Line: Three-year starter with a penchant for power, but lacking the functional lateral movement to do consistent work outside of his phone booth. Has an NFL-ready frame with the ability to open holes for the running back but will likely appeal to power teams only. Pass protection could be a recurring issue early in his career.

BowlenBall's rationale for the pick:
Siragusa is a large-bodied, sturdy guard-only prospect who has surprisingly quick and nimble feet for an interior lineman. He was the best lineman and the leader of an O-line group that blocked for Donnel Pumphrey, the NCAA's all-time leading rusher. Guard isn't a need for the Steelers, but he'll definitely stick on the roster, provide great depth, and be ready to slide into the starting line-up by his third year.

Pick made at:
8:31 p.m. Abu Dhabi
12:31 p.m. New York
11:31 a.m. Chicago
10:31 a.m. Denver
9:31 a.m. Los Angeles
8:31 a.m. Soldotna

The Indianapolis Colts and Mediator 12 are now on the clock....

Last edited by BowlenBall; 03-28-2017 at 10:00 AM..
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #144
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?

WITH THE 144TH OVERALL SELECTION IN THE 2017 NFL DRAFT,

THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS SELECT:

OT ZACH BANNER, USC

I'm gonna eat all your babies!

Pick made for Mediator who is at a drug clinic indisposed. Yes, once again. No, we're not the same person.

Phibacka and CLEVELAND are on the clock. Onwards to the 5th Round!
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:34 PM   #145
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

With the 145th pick in the 2017 Orangemane Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns select: Connor Harris, ILB, Lindenwood

Taking a chance on a dude that played DII, but he is a angry FOOTBALL player.

Some guys are born to play football. Harris was a lightly-recruited player whose only FBS scholarship offer (Kansas) came after he committed to the Lions. Now, he's the NCAA All-Division record holder with 633 career tackles. The first-team All-American and 2016 Cliff Harris Award award winner as the top defender in Divisions II, III and NAIA was a three-time first-team All-Midwest Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) pick. Harris was an honorable mention All-MIAA selection as a true freshman (126 tackles, eight for loss, four pass breakups), but then had to redshirt the 2013 season with a shoulder injury (33 tackles in three games). He was a captain for the first of three seasons in 2014 (152 tackles, 4.5 TFL, two interceptions), and the conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year as a junior with 184 tackles, 12.5 for loss, and seven pass breakups. He capped his career by setting the tackles record and winning numerous All-American honors (138 stops, 8.5 TFL, two INT -- one for a score). Harris also contributed as a running back (50-328, seven TD) and punter (38.8 average, six downed inside the 20-yard line in 2016) during his career.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Voracious appetite for tape. Elite tackle production. Tremendous leadership traits. Instinctive with immediate response to keys. Can race ahead of linemen. Has instant stop/start quickness and change of direction ability. Always attacking downhill. Looks to attack blockers early to disrupt the timing of the run play. Played quarterback and safety in high school and has the quickness in space to cover running backs out of backfield. Gym rat with good power throughout his tightly muscled frame. Burst to the ball puts him in position to make plays. Body-up tackler who finishes what he starts. Can play all three downs.
WEAKNESSES Somewhat stubby frame with a lack of length. Unable to keep linemen off of him with punch and shed. Will get engulfed if he sits and waits. Straight-line attacker missing some fluidity of motion to consistently match the flow of a play. Square shouldered and unable to work body around blocks and through some crevices. Scouts question whether his production can hold up against elevated level of competition. Quicker than fast.
SOURCES TELL US "He's a good player. He's a Division I player who happens to play Division II. I don't think he ever gets tired because he is always in on plays or right there next to them." -- NFC college scouting director
NFL COMPARISON Chris Borland
BOTTOM LINE Rock 'em, sock 'em linebacker with an inextinguishable motor and the instant quickness and burst to thrust himself into tackle after tackle. Harris is a willing chance-taker who fires downhill and into creases looking to make the impact play, but his lack of length and straight-line style of play could limit his effectiveness on the next level. With his instincts, quickness and nose for the ball as a tackler, Harris should find a spot on the linebacker depth chart and has a chance to be a kick-coverage winner.

PICK MADE AT 7:33pm CTZ
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:55 PM   #146
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Elway needs to go to AA.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Henderson

With the 146th overall pick, the 49ers select Jordan Morgan, G, Kutztown.

Strengths
Has desired NFL mass with adequate arm length and big hands. Plays with light feet when coming out of his stance and into his work. Always working feet into position to secure his block. Drive blocker who grinds from his in-steps. Composed in his movements in space. Operates with adequate bend in knees and ankles. Possesses aggressive field demeanor and is always looking to finish. Hand placement is generally inside the frame and offers up decent leverage points. Maxes out his arm length with stiff, potent punch that lands at full extension.

Weaknesses
Ducks head as a run blocker at times. Needs to bring feet with him and up under his hips to increase potential to sustain blocks. Could struggle with balance early in his career. Needs to keep weight centered at his punch rather than lunging forward. May take time to get punch timed up with move from tackle to guard. Dominated smaller, less talented players across from him.

Bottom Line
Four-year starter at left tackle who was able to physically overwhelm much smaller opponents across from him. Morgan is a good athlete with the nastiness as a run blocker that is necessary to transition inside to guard, but he could be headed for early struggles mirroring NFL rushers in pass protection. Morgan could become a solid NFL backup with eventual starter potential if he improves his balance and stops lunging.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:41 AM   #147
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Left Tackle TBD

Pick 147 the Chicago Bears select, George Kittle tight end Iowa Hawkeyes.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:31 AM   #148
Shananahan
#snakelife

BLASTED

With the 148th pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Mack Hollins, WR, North Carolina

Writeup to follow.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:59 AM   #149
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reuben Foster

The Kansas City Chiefs move up to pick Corn Elder CB, The U

Corn Elder was by far the highest rated player left on our board. He was graded #63 overall so even though we selected a similar player in Jourdan Lewis much earlier, the value was simply too high not to move up and get a similar caliber player in the 5th round. Pairing two solid corners with Marcus Peters will be a dangerous secondary.

Outstanding tackler. Finished the 2016 season with 66 solo tackles, tied for eighth among cornerbacks in all of college football, and missed just four.
Really impressive in zone coverage. Reads and reacts quickly to force incompletions.
Good athlete who possesses the speed to cover receivers downfield.
One of the best cornerbacks in the nation when it comes to his work against the run. Gets himself into the right position and secures the tackle more often than not.
Great fit as a slot corner in the NFL. Played just 48 snaps there in 2016, but allowed just 0.33 yards per route run.
Spent time at both, right and left cornerback, as well as in the slot.

Player comparison: Captain Munnerlyn, Minnesota Vikings

Like Munnerlyn, Elders best fit at the next level is in the slot. Both are solid run defenders who dont miss many tackles, and it wouldnt be a shock at all to see Elder have a similar career to him at the next level, particularly if he lands with right team scheme wise.

Bottom line: Elder is a perfect fit for the slot in the NFL given his size and coverage abilities. He has struggled at times on the outside when having to deal with double moves, but really excelled at reading and breaking down the play in front of him. If he lands on the right team, and is played in the slot, he could have a big impact, even as a rookie.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #150
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

With the 150th Pick in the Draft the AZ Cardinals Select:

Carroll Phillips LB, Illinois

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline says Illinois edge rusher Carroll Phillips "didnt miss a beat" while practicing as an OLB on Tuesday.
Phillips mostly played defensive end for the Illini, but Senior Bowl coaches want to see how he fairs standing up. So far, so good. "Phillips showed his patented speed and quickness up the field rushing the passer as well as a good change of direction and lateral pursuit skills," Pauline wrote. "He also did a solid job dropping off the line of scrimmage in coverage drills and covered a lot of area. Though his ball skills need work, Phillips did not embarrass himself." Phillips finished second in the FBS with 20 tackles for loss this past season and led the Illini with nine sacks. He earned First-Team All-Big Ten honors. Jan 25 - 2:55 PM

Cards Reaction: Phillips provides another edge rusher and has the traits of all good ones with a quick burst.

Character Concerns aside, this guy can get after the passer and those guys are hard to find in the 5th round of any draft.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: