The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2018, 02:21 PM   #1301
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josey Jewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I expect at least a half-assed attempt
Just follow DB2 around, you'll get enough of those
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:22 PM   #1302
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
Shane Ray was an awful pick by an awful GM
You loved the guy and couldn't understand why Denver wasn't playing him. You just throw **** on the wall and hope to never get called out on. You flip flop to fit your Denver is a whale **** franchise schtick.

Let's revisit one of many of your idiotic takes. Here it is on Calais Campbell

Quote:
Elway wouldn't give the Defensive Player of the year another 2 million

so he took it and went to JAx

Broncos are cheap

Thanks Mr. Ellis!
Quote:
15 mill a year

4 years

no thanks
Quote:
hoping this doesn't happen

the guy doesn't prioritize winning

not worth the $$$
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:27 PM   #1303
Powderaddict
Couches - not even once!

Treasonous Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Devontae Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:03 PM   #1304
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You loved the guy and couldn't understand why Denver wasn't playing him. You just throw **** on the wall and hope to never get called out on. You flip flop to fit your Denver is a whale **** franchise schtick.

Let's revisit one of many of your idiotic takes. Here it is on Calais Campbell

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:05 PM   #1305
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post

Old 10-31-2018, 04:10 PM   #1306
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
The fanboys on this site continue their campaign of subversion.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:14 PM   #1307
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Never know what Ray could be because he can't stay healthy.
Yup. I can't believe that more people don't get this.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:19 PM   #1308
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup. I can't believe that more people don't get this.
He never really flashed when he played though. His college teammate has been injured almost as much but he has been a force when he has played and a playmaker. Ray is a JAG.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:48 PM   #1309
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He never really flashed when he played though. His college teammate has been injured almost as much but he has been a force when he has played and a playmaker. Ray is a JAG.
Yeah, I'm not suggesting he's great. I just think it's hard to know what he is because he keeps getting injured. He showed some flashes though. In his second year he had 8 sacks.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:55 PM   #1310
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Id say over the past 10-15 years we have been one of the worst drafting teams in the NFL. We are also in the bottom third of developing and retaining the talent from the draft pool.

Specifically our drafting and evaluation of QBs, OL, and RBs has been poor to say the least. We have been above average and in some years great at bringing in free agents.
And I would say over the last draft that has changed dramatically.

Since Kubes was around they have found great developmental QB's who outplayed 1st round picks, 2 guys taken in the 7th round. They also found another guy off the street who got taken by the Vikes and is their #2 guy, or is it now 3? Either way it is really in the 1st round where the QB eval process was bad and that could have been on the player as much as talent eval.

We hit on 2 RB's this year one of which wasn't even drafted.

Starters as of week 9 have an *:
Round 1: Chubb*
Round 2: Sutton*
Round 3: Freeman*
Round 3: Yiadom (project could be a wiff, they have done that at CB lately)
Round 4: Jewell - Taking snaps from Marshall, will replace him when Marshall is cut next year.
Round 4: Hamilton - Making as much of an impact as our old 2nd round WR who is struggling in NY
Round 5: Fumagali - getting more work with Butt out.
Round 6 : Jones, I know nothing about this guy but looks to be on the roster still.
Round 6: Bierria- ST's player.
Round 7: Williams - was on PS last I knew.

Not counting the 2 UDFA's with promise in Lindsay who got a start and Holland who everyone seems to love, including me from what little I saw out of him.

Giants are the only other team that needs a QB, I am not sure who is coming out this year, may be smarter to have another great depth draft taking the best CB in round 1 or maybe a LT than a QB this year and wait until the next year to draft one. Especially if we end up getting the 2nd best QB in a weak year for QB's.

Von's deal jumps up another $15 Mill next year but he is worth it and has been cheap so far.

Keenum, then Sanders are the 2 other highest paid players on the roster. With the cut of Marshall they can still go out and get someone at CB or on the OL if they wanted to.

I would say of all the positions John has wiffed the most at OL. Bolles is up and down though that could be coaching and Leary hasn't been an All Pro G and then is out all the rest of this year. His RT moves have been disasters, he needs to draft a LT and move Bolles to RT and stop over paying for injured RT's every year.

Going to need to retain Shelby Harris, Barrett (would be nice), low ball Ray, let Roby walk or low ball him to be the #3 CB after bringing in another stud to be the #2.

Draft well this coming year and I don't care what happened before this year.

Biggest need is a new Coaching staff. Waiting around for our version of Hue Jackson to suddenly get how to coach in the NFL would compound the mistakes. Also need a couple QB's to groom, one to start and one to develop as a #2.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:38 PM   #1311
IndelibleScribe
#CashMoneyScribe

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
And I would say over the last draft that has changed dramatically.

Since Kubes was around they have found great developmental QB's who outplayed 1st round picks, 2 guys taken in the 7th round. They also found another guy off the street who got taken by the Vikes and is their #2 guy, or is it now 3? Either way it is really in the 1st round where the QB eval process was bad and that could have been on the player as much as talent eval.

We hit on 2 RB's this year one of which wasn't even drafted.

Starters as of week 9 have an *:
Round 1: Chubb*
Round 2: Sutton*
Round 3: Freeman*
Round 3: Yiadom (project could be a wiff, they have done that at CB lately)
Round 4: Jewell - Taking snaps from Marshall, will replace him when Marshall is cut next year.
Round 4: Hamilton - Making as much of an impact as our old 2nd round WR who is struggling in NY
Round 5: Fumagali - getting more work with Butt out.
Round 6 : Jones, I know nothing about this guy but looks to be on the roster still.
Round 6: Bierria- ST's player.
Round 7: Williams - was on PS last I knew.

Not counting the 2 UDFA's with promise in Lindsay who got a start and Holland who everyone seems to love, including me from what little I saw out of him.

Giants are the only other team that needs a QB, I am not sure who is coming out this year, may be smarter to have another great depth draft taking the best CB in round 1 or maybe a LT than a QB this year and wait until the next year to draft one. Especially if we end up getting the 2nd best QB in a weak year for QB's.

Von's deal jumps up another $15 Mill next year but he is worth it and has been cheap so far.

Keenum, then Sanders are the 2 other highest paid players on the roster. With the cut of Marshall they can still go out and get someone at CB or on the OL if they wanted to.

I would say of all the positions John has wiffed the most at OL. Bolles is up and down though that could be coaching and Leary hasn't been an All Pro G and then is out all the rest of this year. His RT moves have been disasters, he needs to draft a LT and move Bolles to RT and stop over paying for injured RT's every year.

Going to need to retain Shelby Harris, Barrett (would be nice), low ball Ray, let Roby walk or low ball him to be the #3 CB after bringing in another stud to be the #2.

Draft well this coming year and I don't care what happened before this year.

Biggest need is a new Coaching staff. Waiting around for our version of Hue Jackson to suddenly get how to coach in the NFL would compound the mistakes. Also need a couple QB's to groom, one to start and one to develop as a #2.
Fumagalli is one IR and done for the year.

Williams signed with the Jaguars active roster.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:17 AM   #1312
razorwire77
Great week of practice!!!

Leader of Men

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

The only people in the world shocked that nobody wanted trade for Ray are like 4 people on the Mane.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote