The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2017, 08:29 PM   #4526
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marquez

That ice dragon is gonna be badass. Go team nights king!!!
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #4527
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Where the **** did the third dragon go?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #4528
ShaneFalco
Infamous

i like how the army literally just makes giant chains out of nowhere.

Wtf happened to the writing of this show.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #4529
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Why do you think they're not beyond the ****ing wall yet? Because they keep stopping to forge some new links in the chains. Jeez.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #4530
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I think its funny that people can suspend disbelief about dragons, elves, zombies, white walkers, a night king, a god with red priests, a boy being able to warg into the mind of any living thing and can see anything going on in Westeros and bringing two dead characters back to life...and a chain is what ruins it for you?

Really?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:02 PM   #4531
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
I think its funny that people can suspend disbelief about dragons, elves, zombies, white walkers, a night king, a god with red priests, a boy being able to warg into the mind of any living thing and can see anything going on in Westeros and bringing two dead characters back to life...and a chain is what ruins it for you?

Really?

people who know nothing about writing always come out with this claptrap argument. dragons, et al. are part of the world of the series. those are established things. just because you can't walk outside and see a dragon does not mean that you cannot comprehend a world in which dragons exist. fiction establishes rules for itself, and then works within those rules. all the lazy writing this season has nothing to do with the way the world of the series, which has always been it's greatest (and arguably only) strength, works. at this point the show is pure pulp, marching forward on its own momentum because people are invested in it. those involved appear eager for it to end.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #4532
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:

Really?

who gives a 2 ****s where they got the chain from

This is the best episode that I can recall.

dammit, why did they have to turn the dragon. ****!!!!

that was sad that one of the dragons died

uncle Benjin showing up was a little predictable. What I was happy about was that they didn't drag Jon Snow surviving until the next episode.

I don't know who was more disappointed, all the guys watching the show or Jon Snow thinking Dany was going to get naked?
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #4533
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
who gives a 2 ****s where they got the chain from

This is the best episode that I can recall.

dammit, why did they have to turn the dragon. ****!!!!

that was sad that one of the dragons died

uncle Benjin showing up was a little predictable. What I was happy about was that they didn't drag Jon Snow surviving until the next episode.

I don't know who was more disappointed, all the guys watching the show or Jon Snow thinking Dany was going to get naked?
They packed a lot into this episode. And I figured an ice dragon would figure into it somewhere. Of course I thought an actual ice-type dragon, and not one of Dany's. But I suppose it made sense. How else is the Night King going to get around or through the wall without a dragon of his own?

Poor Viserion.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:16 PM   #4534
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

I think you need to look at the bigger picture instead of trying to read into every detail. If you do, you're only going to ruin this show for yourself.

I think the writers did an incredible job as I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Yes, Uncle Benjin showing up was a little predictable. But when the Night King pull out his ice javelin, who thought he was going to aim for the dragon? Who thought that Dany was going to save the day?

I can sit there and tear the entire episode apart. How did Jon know that boy was the fastest.? Why didn't they let the ice freeze over? why didn't they keep hammering away at it? wasn't that island a little convenient? where did that massive army come from? Where is the giant zombie? Zombies can't swim? Zombies can only swim when they are after Tormund? Why didn't Dany target the night king immediately and end the war?

If the writers try to explain every detail, then this episode would be 5 seasons long and boring as ****. Let the show continue, enjoy for what its worth and forget the details.

Last edited by SleepingTiger; 08-20-2017 at 10:19 PM..
Old 08-20-2017, 10:17 PM   #4535
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
They packed a lot into this episode. And I figured an ice dragon would figure into it somewhere. Of course I thought an actual ice-type dragon, and not one of Dany's. But I suppose it made sense. How else is the Night King going to get around or through the wall without a dragon of his own?

Poor Viserion.

How did you know it was Viserion?

I can't tell one dragon from another
Old 08-20-2017, 10:22 PM   #4536
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:

Poor Viserion.

man, I never thought they would turn a dragon. I assumed that they would only overwhelm the wall

an ice zombie dragon that is fire breathing? are you sure? wouldn't it breath ice?
Old 08-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #4537
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
people who know nothing about writing always come out with this claptrap argument. dragons, et al. are part of the world of the series. those are established things. just because you can't walk outside and see a dragon does not mean that you cannot comprehend a world in which dragons exist. fiction establishes rules for itself, and then works within those rules. all the lazy writing this season has nothing to do with the way the world of the series, which has always been it's greatest (and arguably only) strength, works. at this point the show is pure pulp, marching forward on its own momentum because people are invested in it. those involved appear eager for it to end.

Right.

There are more valid complaints about the writing of parts of season 7 than the appearance of chains. I mean...its not like we've seen a giant army from the north specifically use chains to break open a gate before. So I suppose to think an undead army using those same chains would be too much of a stretch.

The time jumps, especially in the last episode (that is the fastest raven in the history of Westeros) are more jarring to me than the appearance of chains. If you made it through 7 seasons of magic and dragons and characters dropping like flies left and right and what kills it all for you now is chains...well then I don't know what to tell you. I suppose the people who have the biggest problem with the show now are upset there is no outside script to follow, or capable of enjoying season 7 for what it is.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:35 PM   #4538
jutang
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think you need to look at the bigger picture instead of trying to read into every detail. If you do, you're only going to ruin this show for yourself.

I think the writers did an incredible job as I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Yes, Uncle Benjin showing up was a little predictable. But when the Night King pull out his ice javelin, who thought he was going to aim for the dragon? Who thought that Dany was going to save the day?

I can sit there and tear the entire episode apart. How did Jon know that boy was the fastest.? Why didn't they let the ice freeze over? why didn't they keep hammering away at it? wasn't that island a little convenient? where did that massive army come from? Where is the giant zombie? Zombies can't swim? Zombies can only swim when they are after Tormund? Why didn't Dany target the night king immediately and end the war?

If the writers try to explain every detail, then this episode would be 5 seasons long and boring as ****. Let the show continue, enjoy for what its worth and forget the details.
The problem I have is Martin would have asked all those things to himself and throw this drivel away. GOT got us all hooked by great character writing and then ripping our hearts our by ending those characters in very believable ways.

This season plot logic is non existent. It was a freakin suicide mission and the only characters lost was red suit star trek soldiers and a cgi dragon. Gendry's marathon run to Eastgate and sending a raven to Dany in what 2 hours!? I've missed text messages over longer periods of time.

Screen writing has been awful this year and resembles a cliched summer blockbuster.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #4539
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Right.

There are more valid complaints about the writing of parts of season 7 than the appearance of chains. I mean...its not like we've seen a giant army from the north specifically use chains to break open a gate before. So I suppose to think an undead army using those same chains would be too much of a stretch.

The time jumps, especially in the last episode (that is the fastest raven in the history of Westeros) are more jarring to me than the appearance of chains. If you made it through 7 seasons of magic and dragons and characters dropping like flies left and right and what kills it all for you now is chains...well then I don't know what to tell you. I suppose the people who have the biggest problem with the show now are upset there is no outside script to follow, or capable of enjoying season 7 for what it is.

Agreed, out of everything in that episode, the chains?

here's my main issue: the big moments of this ep didn't feel earned, nor were they surprising. Characters are starting to act a bit differently (Arya is becoming a caricature...NOOOO), and the speed of it all is making it seem... I'm not sure the word. But this was the first time all season it really bothered me.

This episode looked beautiful (and was epic in many ways). It definitely had a lot of nice moments. I'll definitely remember it. But this wasn't Blackwater, Hardhome (remember how shocking that all was?), The Battle of The Bastards. Stuff like sending Ravens and having Dany show up a few minutes later with her Dragons feels like something out of a bad D&D inspired movie, not GOT. The original plan to grab a whitewalker didn't bother me nearly as much as it bothered some, but as they were Weekend at Berniesing beyond the wall, it was just like... why are they doing all this again? There must have been a better way to handle Cersei, and convince Dany.

I love the show, I'm still riveted and will be to the end. And hopefully the final season will be amazing. I just wish it would slow down just a bit so we can earn these big moments.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:40 PM   #4540
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
The problem I have is Martin would have asked all those things to himself and throw this drivel away. GOT got us all hooked by great character writing and then ripping our hearts our by ending those characters in very believable ways.

This season plot logic is non existent. It was a freakin suicide mission and the only characters lost was red suit star trek soldiers and a cgi dragon. Gendry's marathon run to Eastgate and sending a raven to Dany in what 2 hours!? I've missed text messages over longer periods of time.

Screen writing has been awful this year and resembles a cliched summer blockbuster.
haha Martin is looking better by doing nothing. But it's not like that dude had the answers to his own story either. How long has it taken him to write books that will probably never come out? it's hard to finish a piece of work that is so epic that people's expectations will never be reached. Lost suffered the same fate. Not to mention, with the internet, we've heard every single fan theory out there, so nothing really seems that surprising.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #4541
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

As Dany and her merry men fly away... night kings like you got dragons now their mine.

Dude is the best character on the show!
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #4542
maven
#happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
and the speed of it all is making it seem... I'm not sure the word. But this was the first time all season it really bothered me.
The speed of the season is ruining the show imo.

And to add..with only 6 episodes next season? Da **** it's all happening and ending too fast.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:08 PM   #4543
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
But when the Night King pull out his ice javelin, who thought he was going to aim for the dragon? Who thought that Dany was going to save the day?
...everyone?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:19 PM   #4544
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
...everyone?
Yeah, i wasn't sure how else to interpret that.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:38 PM   #4545
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
...everyone?
So you knew when they were panning back and forth between the night king and Jon they he was going to throw the javelin at the dragon?

And you knew at the beginning of the episode that dany would fly her 3 dragons to save Jon?

Not sure about everyone. But I was shocked that the night king aimed at the dragon when Jon snow was right there.
I was definitely surprised that dany would fly in to save them. I always thought at the beginning that they would fight their way out.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:44 PM   #4546
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
So you knew when they were panning back and forth between the night king and Jon they he was going to throw the javelin at the dragon?

And you knew at the beginning of the episode that dany would fly her 3 dragons to save Jon?

Not sure about everyone. But I was shocked that the night king aimed at the dragon when Jon snow was right there.
I was definitely surprised that dany would fly in to save them. I always thought at the beginning that they would fight their way out.
Actually... Yes. Thats more or less what i thought would happen. Actually, i thought jon might have warged (or whatever the GOT term is) with the dragon who is named after his father (which he'll do one day) and that that dragon would come to save the day.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:59 PM   #4547
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I've been anticipating them acquiring one of the dragons for weeks. It was literally the most expected outcome once the dragons headed north.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:43 AM   #4548
broncolife
Nut Hugger Detector

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Where the **** did the third dragon go?
Alot of people think he will be Jons dragon, so he was probably playing with Ghost
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:49 AM   #4549
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Due west

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Alot of people think he will be Jons dragon, so he was probably playing with Ghost
Ok...

But really, three dragons came in, one died/turned, one flew the crew away, but what happened to the third?
Old 08-21-2017, 06:32 AM   #4550
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Ok...

But really, three dragons came in, one died/turned, one flew the crew away, but what happened to the third?
They show it fly away through some mountains as soon as its brother gets shot down. Where he is now idk.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote