The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #4401
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...t-cliffhangers

Quote:
he and Vince Gilligan think those kinds of endings are just "schmuck bait." According to Gould:

Quote:
There's a phrase that we used to use in the Breaking Bad writers' room, and we use in the Better Call Saul writers' room, and it's something we try to avoid. We call it schmuck bait, but basically, it means leaving the audience to believe that something enormous has happened to get them to keep watching past the commercial or to the next episode, and then taking it off the table as soon as you get back. We really try to play fair with the audience.
Tabloid TV.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #4402
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
They were officially (but secretly) married. That was the whole point of Gilly scene last night.
Yeah secret marriage, which actually makes Johnny boy the true heir to the Iron throne. SHOCKINGLY AWESOME!

It was such a subtle scene with a lot of information hidden in characters not usually part of the big action.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #4403
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
This is in fact how Aquaman came to be. When Jaime found out he can jog and breath underwater.
Na, the mother of dragons smothered him back in season 1
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:57 PM   #4404
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
They should just use construction paper for the dragons, direwolves and Others. Take a page out of the Trey Parker and Matt Stone playbook like they did for South Park back in the day.
If they ever do a Westoros prequel series.....they should animate it.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:03 PM   #4405
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yeah, and it also means that Jon (likely not his first name), is the true heir to the Iron Throne and King of Westeros. ALL IN THE FAMILY.
No, Dany is still the heir, as the last Targ king was her father, not Rheagar. Rheagar would have had to be crowned for the line of succession to go to his son before a child of Aerys.

At least in the books. Who knows what they'll do in the show.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #4406
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
I was really impressed with Jamie and Brohn's swimming abilities. Swimming in metal armor for 1 mile with 1 hand equals the BOSS.
That was impressive. What's even more impressive is that the nice sandy beach they fell into the water in, suddenly went from waist high beach water to 40 fathoms. And cmon, seriously, the dude that just tried to kill the Dragon Queen and his buddy fall into the water and NOBODY goes looking for them? I mean, how far away could they be, how long could they hold their breath. You have a F'N dragon. Honestly, I was shocked at how weak that entire thing was thought up.

Last edited by ZONA; 08-14-2017 at 01:21 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #4407
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
That was impressive. What's even more impressive is that the nice sandy beach they fell into the water in, suddenly went from waist high beach water to 40 fathoms. And cmon, seriously, the dude that just tried to kill the Dragon Queen and his buddy fall into the water and NOBODY goes looking for them? I mean, how far away could they be, how long could they hold their breath. You have a F'N dragon. Honestly, I was shocked at how weak that entire thing was thought up.
Maybe you are thinking to hard about it.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #4408
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Tyrion even built the whole moment up, talking about how Jaime's going to get himself killed. Climaxing with the cliffhanger scene requiring the next episode, at the very least, to be a rough day at the office for Jaime Lannister.

Instead, Jaime emerges apparently in some other time and place, brushes some water off and walks away. Tyrion meanwhile forgot the whole thing happened the second Jaime hit the water and shrugged him off, only to wonder minutes later, in a subsequent scene how he might get in touch with his brother, who he apparently assumed survived even as he couldn't be bothered to look for him to come out of the water, or form up some sort of search party for only moments earlier.

These are gaping, inexcusable plot holes.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:08 PM   #4409
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Tyrion even built the whole moment up, talking about how Jaime's going to get himself killed. Climaxing with the cliffhanger scene requiring the next episode, at the very least, to be a rough day at the office for Jaime Lannister.

Instead, Jaime emerges apparently in some other time and place, brushes some water off and walks away. Tyrion meanwhile forgot the whole thing happened the second Jaime hit the water and shrugged him off, only to wonder minutes later, in a subsequent scene how he might get in touch with his brother, who he apparently assumed survived even as he couldn't be bothered to look for him to come out of the water, or form up some sort of search party for only moments earlier.

These are gaping, inexcusable plot holes.
I don't view them as plot holes and to me the mise-en-scene of GoT is intact and even in these ending episodes I don't find the verismilitude to be lacking.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:23 PM   #4410
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I don't view them as plot holes and to me the mise-en-scene of GoT is intact and even in these ending episodes I don't find the verismilitude to be lacking.
You think it's believable that post-battle, Tyrion was apparently uninterested in what happened to his longstanding favorite sibling?
Old 08-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #4411
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
You think it's believable that post-battle, Tyrion was apparently uninterested in what happened to his longstanding favorite sibling?
The concern was displayed when he saw his older brother rushing toward a dragon in the last episode. I would find it horribly boring to have 3 minutes more of screen time to show Tyrion and his internal conflict.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #4412
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The concern was displayed when he saw his older brother rushing toward a dragon in the last episode. I would find it horribly boring to have 3 minutes more of screen time to show Tyrion and his internal conflict.
I agree. The problem is that concern must've instantaneously turned to indifference the second Jaime's life or death situation became the question. And Tyrion bashed on regardless over to worry more about roasting some Tarly's.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #4413
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Actually I thought he'd be captured (as we discussed last week)

Because there was no conceivable way in that situation for him to end up anything but dead or captured.

Now if you wanna break out of that, fine. But it should involve something more than "Oh, yeah. We acted like that was a thing, but it wasn't really a thing. Move along."
They've retconned a bunch this season, but I'm honestly fine with it. There's just so much ground to cover, but i think they're doing a pretty damn good job with it
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #4414
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
That is one of the three problems I had with the episode . Followed by the assumption that he was in King's Landing for the meeting and would be easy to meet. The last one was "thor's hammer" making appearance as Gendry's weapon. Does anyone believe that was going to useful weapon to weld?
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #4415
slick7
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I agree with Beavis. It was sloppy.
slick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #4416
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
They've retconned a bunch this season, but I'm honestly fine with it. There's just so much ground to cover, but i think they're doing a pretty damn good job with it
Looking back, since time is apparently of the essence, what exactly did the whole Dany suicide charge accomplish?

In hindsight, it was a cheap ploy to manufacture a cliffhanger out of thin air. Dispensed with with even less effort. The whole sequence was a complete waste of time, so lack of time can't really be the excuse.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:33 PM   #4417
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
That is one of the three problems I had with the episode . Followed by the assumption that he was in King's Landing for the meeting and would be easy to meet. The last one was "thor's hammer" making appearance as Gendry's weapon. Does anyone believe that was going to useful weapon to weld?
Well the two guards with heads caved in on the beach are probably thinking so!
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:42 PM   #4418
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The fellowship needed a dwarven element?

It'll bring some extra cheese to the upcoming Avengers vs Zombies saga, but I don't mind that nearly so much as cheap, thoughtless ploys unwinding everything we've ever learned about longstanding characters.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:05 PM   #4419
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
The fellowship needed a dwarven element?

It'll bring some extra cheese to the upcoming Avengers vs Zombies saga, but I don't mind that nearly so much as cheap, thoughtless ploys unwinding everything we've ever learned about longstanding characters.
The way HBO going on this reminds me with what they did for Deadwood and Rome. Only good news is they are going to end this story, unlike Deadwood.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:08 PM   #4420
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
A war hammer is what his father Robert Baratheon famously used.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:51 PM   #4421
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Thinking hard? It was a simple observation made in 2 seconds.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:15 PM   #4422
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
A war hammer is what his father Robert Baratheon famously used.
I don't have problem with the weapon just how the show decide to portray it
The prop was to big;

This is a real war hammer

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/541346817689589416
Old 08-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #4423
Doggcow
Shibas

So Happ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

THE ONLY PLOT HOLE IS WHY ARE THEY STUCK IN A TECHNOLIGICAL TIME WARP?

We're talking thousands of years of civilization and these guys are still using bed pans and leaches guys
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #4424
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

I love how pot belly is the last tarley.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #4425
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Anybody notice Drogo's scales change when Jon touched him?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote