The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2017, 09:19 PM   #4176
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7,339

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Right, because killing Euron would have been the smart thing for the writers to do. Lmfao.
I didn't say it would be. I would have never written that interaction with the Sand Snakes at all. Let them get overwhelmed by Ironborn soldiers or something. I just don't see some of the most lethal assassins in Westeros getting overpowered by a pirate, especially one who kept turning his back and getting hit from behind. It should have been over in seconds.

But I was wrong about the poison. I was thinking all three were experts with poison but it is only Tyene's specialty. She was the one below deck. Did she survive? They only showed two dead daughters on the bow of the ship.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:28 PM   #4177
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 37,103
Default

I'm guessing that none of the Sand Snakes are going to survive and that the mother is going to be the gift for Cersei. All of them dead, plus perhaps Yara.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:29 PM   #4178
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7,339

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Sam's brother is a new actor. Tom Hopper who plays Billy Bones in Black Sails and Percival in Merlin. He is an upgrade and certainly more costly so I wonder what they have planned for the character.

Last edited by Brohemoth; 07-23-2017 at 09:34 PM..
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:24 PM   #4179
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lucas TX
Posts: 3,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles
Default

Missande!!!
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #4180
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
He'll probably save the day at some point.

What's ridiculous is that the Sand Snakes are known for their poisoned weapons. But all of a sudden their weapons are ordinary when it needs to move the story forward. Euron should be a dead man. Sloppy writing.
While I thought some of the writing in this ep felt...un-game of thrones (I wouldn't call it sloppy), I had no problems with what you call sloppy
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:01 PM   #4181
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 37,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Missande!!!
Da Real MVP.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:05 PM   #4182
broncolife
Nut Hugger Detector
 
broncolife's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 5,067

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich
Default

4 guys in Danys in Hall and Tyrion has the biggest Penis of them all....or should i say only
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:07 PM   #4183
broncolife
Nut Hugger Detector
 
broncolife's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 5,067

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I'm guessing that none of the Sand Snakes are going to survive and that the mother is going to be the gift for Cersei. All of them dead, plus perhaps Yara.
Im pretty sure Tyene is going to be in for a rough ride.Cersie is going want to destroy her in front the mom. After all her mother killed Cersies daughter. Plus she seems like Mommas favorite probably for just this reason.

Last edited by broncolife; 07-23-2017 at 11:10 PM..
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:10 PM   #4184
broncolife
Nut Hugger Detector
 
broncolife's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 5,067

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Missande!!!
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:19 AM   #4185
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 53,055

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Now that was a a great episode. The story started to move really well.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:46 AM   #4186
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,857

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Missande!!!
She showed the twins!!!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #4187
v2micca
This is the Water
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
and this is the well.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,466
Default

The most recent episode was fine, if a little predictable. But, the ending battle kind of drove home something that had been bothering me about the series. So, I knew the Sandsnakes were likely toast. They are fairly shallow characters that have long since filled their purpose. But during the fight between Yara and Euron, there should have been some tension. But I felt nothing because I knew that the show runners weren't done with either character and thus both were going to survive the fight somehow. That kind of pissed me off. Since season 5, it is increasing predictable which characters will live no matter how dire their circumstances.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:01 PM   #4188
Smilin Assassin
Tradition
 
Smilin Assassin's Avatar
 
"Buy in, or get the hell out."

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
While I thought some of the writing in this ep felt...un-game of thrones (I wouldn't call it sloppy), I had no problems with what you call sloppy


Agreed. I thought about the poisoned weapons initially, too. But, I don't think they would just walk around with them poisoned. And, they were definitely caught off guard by the raid.

Even Oberyn seemed to have his weapons poisoned by his servant/squire. (Watch that episode again, the servant is "cleaning" Oberyn's weapon with something before he fought The Mountain.)
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #4189
Smilin Assassin
Tradition
 
Smilin Assassin's Avatar
 
"Buy in, or get the hell out."

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
The most recent episode was fine, if a little predictable. But, the ending battle kind of drove home something that had been bothering me about the series. So, I knew the Sandsnakes were likely toast. They are fairly shallow characters that have long since filled their purpose. But during the fight between Yara and Euron, there should have been some tension. But I felt nothing because I knew that the show runners weren't done with either character and thus both were going to survive the fight somehow. That kind of pissed me off. Since season 5, it is increasing predictable which characters will live no matter how dire their circumstances.


Idk. I mean I kinda knew Euron would live through all of that simply because he DID say he'd bring Cersei a gift, and I knew they'd let that play out. Once he raided the ship I knew the gift would be Ellaria. But, as far as Yara was concerned, I could have easily seen her die in the fight, or even when Theon saw them. Putting him kind of where he is now; Unwilling Leader.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:07 PM   #4190
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
The most recent episode was fine, if a little predictable. But, the ending battle kind of drove home something that had been bothering me about the series. So, I knew the Sandsnakes were likely toast. They are fairly shallow characters that have long since filled their purpose. But during the fight between Yara and Euron, there should have been some tension. But I felt nothing because I knew that the show runners weren't done with either character and thus both were going to survive the fight somehow. That kind of pissed me off. Since season 5, it is increasing predictable which characters will live no matter how dire their circumstances.
I think the show is having to rush some things, so some of their plot points are a bit on the nose, simply to get from point A to point B. I also didn't love how the battle was shot (dunno if this director did any of the past battle eps), all the close shots caused a bit of confusion. The wide shots were really beautiful though
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #4191
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lucas TX
Posts: 3,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles
Default

Things of notice for s7e2

Who came up with that plan to attack Casterly Rock?

It was great to see Arya going back to Winterfell. Not only that, Nymera is back. I have a feeling Arya will not make it back to Winterfell. Something will happen (not necessarily death)

Missande... she has got to be the the best looking throughout westeros.

So much for the sand fleas. Why were they so incompetent?

John Snow and Danny! Finally they will meet. Doesn't Danny know anything about the white walkers?

I don't understand the history behind the scorpion (large crossbow). Its like they just invented it. However, its seems like they already have balistas, trebuchet and catapults. Its not like the scorpion is some type of advance weapon.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #4192
R-Mac
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 518
Default

Besides the fact that Euron looks nothing like the original character from the books physically (just like Hodor, Three-Eyed Crow, etc) I thought it was ridiculous how he beat two Sand Snakes at the same time like they were nothing. That was a bad representation of their martial skills, especially when it comes to Obara.

Not to mention that Obara had a free shot at Euron when he turned to Nymeria and who knows what the hell she did there. When Trystane turned his back, the spear went through his nose. It felt like the producers had to rush and get rid of the Sand Snakes. The series coud never develop them properly anyway.

George R. R. Martin does not want to finish his story, HBO has to take over and that's what happens.
R-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #4193
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer
 
Bigdawg26's Avatar
 
Just let it happen!!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,857

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
Besides the fact that Euron looks nothing like the original character from the books physically (just like Hodor, Three-Eyed Crow, etc) I thought it was ridiculous how he beat two Sand Snakes at the same time like they were nothing. That was a bad representation of their martial skills, especially when it comes to Obara.

Not to mention that Obara had a free shot at Euron when he turned to Nymeria and who knows what the hell she did there. When Trystane turned his back, the spear went through his nose. It felt like the producers had to rush and get rid of the Sand Snakes. The series coud never develop them properly anyway.

George R. R. Martin does not want to finish his story, HBO has to take over and that's what happens.
I think people underestimate how great of a fighter/crazy Euron is. That dude is like an insane Jack Sparrow with really good fighting skills. The sand snakes were really overrated as fighters. They were more like sneaky assassins than straight up fighters.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:40 PM   #4194
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 37,103
Default

Martin has nobody to blame but himself. He should have finished the last two books years ago.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:12 PM   #4195
GameChanger
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,272

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Tenormen
Default

By now we can tell that the plot leak was genuine, which is a disappointment
GameChanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #4196
jutang
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,584
Default

Thought last episode was really weak. Great productions but some serious plot holes and inconsistent character development. Hated the naval battle in which Euron appears out of nowhere to find Yara's ship. There was no real tension in that battle scene. Worried that the HBO writers aren't up to the task of giving a decent conclusion to GoT.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sociali.../#33923dae5fa4
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:09 PM   #4197
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
Thought last episode was really weak. Great productions but some serious plot holes and inconsistent character development. Hated the naval battle in which Euron appears out of nowhere to find Yara's ship. There was no real tension in that battle scene. Worried that the HBO writers aren't up to the task of giving a decent conclusion to GoT.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sociali.../#33923dae5fa4
Cause of one episode you didn't like?

My god.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:33 PM   #4198
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,160
Default

I was hoping everyone on all of those boats would die because who gives a **** about any of those characters
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:16 PM   #4199
jutang
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Cause of one episode you didn't like?

My god.
It's been a slow decline. Dorne was poorly done with character development and Ellaria's coup was too convenient. The Unsullied versus the Sons of the Harpy felt like stormtroopers getting beat up by Ewoks. Arya killing the Waif and Jaqen approving didn't make much sense (unless your siding with a reddit fan theory). Battle of the Bastards with the Knights of the Veil appearing at the last minute was formulaic.

Seems like the further it gets from Martin's source work the more conventional Hollywood story telling it has become.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:48 PM   #4200
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
It's been a slow decline. Dorne was poorly done with character development and Ellaria's coup was too convenient. The Unsullied versus the Sons of the Harpy felt like stormtroopers getting beat up by Ewoks. Arya killing the Waif and Jaqen approving didn't make much sense (unless your siding with a reddit fan theory). Battle of the Bastards with the Knights of the Veil appearing at the last minute was formulaic.

Seems like the further it gets from Martin's source work the more conventional Hollywood story telling it has become.
Congrats. You're the only person who didn't like the battle of the bastards!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Denver Broncos