The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
Guess Who
Ring of Famer

Default Woman fell off Cruise ship treaded 10 hours in Ocean

Woman rescued after what she says was 10 hours in sea after falling off cruise ship

A British woman has been rescued by the Croatian Coast Guard after spending what she said was close to 10 hours treading water overnight in the Adriatic Sea after falling off a cruise ship.

The 46-year-old woman, who identified herself only as Kay, spoke to Croatian news outlet HRT shortly after arriving back on land.

"I fell off the back of the Norwegian Star," she told HRT. "I was in the water for 10 hours, so these wonderful guys rescued me. I'm very lucky to be alive."

She was then led by medical personnel to an ambulance.

"In the morning of August 19, a guest went overboard as Norwegian Star made her way to Venice," according to a Norwegian Cruise Lines spokesperson.

WOW
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2018, 11:14 PM   #2
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You can’t fall off a cruise ship. Why do they always say this? You can go overboard. You can jump off. You can climb off. You can be pushed off.

But you literally cannot fall off a cruise ship. Always baffles me when they say that.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:19 PM   #3
Guess Who
Ring of Famer

Since 2000, reports say roughly 300 people on cruise ships have fallen overboard. There were 17 cases in 2017 and so far in 2018, there have been five.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/t...ty-travel-spd/
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote