The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2015, 04:33 PM   #76
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castinkas View Post
Give your workers $15/hr.
How about $50/hr?
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:28 AM   #77
alkemical
Chaos Technician

Aethyr Engineering

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
How about $50/hr?
Maybe if they're making you 150$+/hr.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #78
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/02/17...fornia-drought

President’s Day: Obama Plays at Water-Guzzling Desert Golf Courses Amid California Drought.

And no, I am not a Fox News nut. I read another article headline and thought how insane this is.
And that's how I got to this article.
And If Obama didn't play golf there that day, would the golf course still use the same amount of water?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:11 PM   #79
Meck77

REALTY CHECK! Millions upon millions of pounds of vegetables are tossed into AZ landfills each year. Why? Over production! If california runs out of water the reality is Mexico can and will pick up the slack. It won't be American farmers as most people opt for the cheaper pesticide produce of Mexico. It's sad a sad reality.

I've put a semi load of this same Mexican produce into my compost pile at my Arizona farm. I have a buddy who buys the produce for .02 lb. 2 cents per lb!!! These are the same Bell peppers you all buy at trader joes for 2 for $1.00. The tomatoes you buy at walmart for $1.99 lb. He gives as much of it away as he can to food banks and churches. The last of it goes to farmers like me for composting and feeding livestock. All in an attempt to keep it out of the dump and make some use of it.

http://qz.com/365073/mexican-farmers...nto-landfills/

Last edited by Meck77; 03-20-2015 at 09:52 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #80
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Ridiculous

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:56 AM   #81
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

HoFer

Read this awhile back on CNN. If you have the time its well worth it.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/...red-river-ctl/

Halfway through my three-week, 417-mile journey down the “most endangered” river in America, the water began flowing backward and the mud started talking.

It spoke in baritone gurgles, like Barry White trapped in a bong.

You know what this is, John?

No, Barry White mud.

This is QUICKSAND.

*&#%.

Despite my overactive imagination, this ridiculous situation was real: The quicksand -- I didn’t actually believe in quicksand until that afternoon -- bubbled and spat as it slurped me down and held on tight.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #82
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Just read an article that said people were starting a protest in front of the nestle plant. They claim that they used 400 million gallons last year just for bottling water to sale in other states.

I have a question. Is there anyway to figure out how much water just the citizens of California use ?
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:17 AM   #83
alkemical
Chaos Technician

Aethyr Engineering

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
REALTY CHECK! Millions upon millions of pounds of vegetables are tossed into AZ landfills each year. Why? Over production! If california runs out of water the reality is Mexico can and will pick up the slack. It won't be American farmers as most people opt for the cheaper pesticide produce of Mexico. It's sad a sad reality.

I've put a semi load of this same Mexican produce into my compost pile at my Arizona farm. I have a buddy who buys the produce for .02 lb. 2 cents per lb!!! These are the same Bell peppers you all buy at trader joes for 2 for $1.00. The tomatoes you buy at walmart for $1.99 lb. He gives as much of it away as he can to food banks and churches. The last of it goes to farmers like me for composting and feeding livestock. All in an attempt to keep it out of the dump and make some use of it.

http://qz.com/365073/mexican-farmers...nto-landfills/
You need to use some Recycler to break down the compost faster...it will accelerate the breakdown of organic matter.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:17 AM   #84
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Societies stupid enough to shiit in their water deserve what they get.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #85
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
You need to use some Recycler to break down the compost faster...it will accelerate the breakdown of organic matter.
I use a Bobcat turbo 220 with a 5 ft mower attachment. It's massive powerful blender. Turns a pallet of produce into pulp in about 15 seconds. Worms seem to be taking care of the rest. I'm in no rush.

What my mulcher isn't hammering I process much of it via chickens and goats. It's truly amazing how much produce a goat can eat.

Last edited by Meck77; 03-21-2015 at 11:06 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #86
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Some people believe in pro choice some are anti abotiorn. I for one am for beyond pro choice and believe it should be forced reproductive applications only. Similar to a building permit two parties should have to apply for the right to reproduce and pay heavy impact fees.

The earth is way to heavily populated with our species and the ship needs to be righted for sustainability.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:37 AM   #87
baja
Headmaster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Some people believe in pro choice some are anti abotiorn. I for one am for beyond pro choice and believe it should be forced reproductive applications only. Similar to a building permit two parties should have to apply for the right to reproduce and pay heavy impact fees.

The earth is way to heavily populated with our species and the ship needs to be righted for sustainability.
Hitler agrees with you. (not saying it is a bad thing. Tricky subject)
Old 03-21-2015, 01:13 PM   #88
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Are we doing anything to harness all the water from glaciers that are going away?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:58 PM   #89
retro
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Are we doing anything to harness all the water from glaciers that are going away?
Yeah Arnold, Gerry Brown and Obama are building a 67 billion dollar high speed train. Oh wait that isn't for water but maybe it will help cool the planet.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #90
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Hitler agrees with you. (not saying it is a bad thing. Tricky subject)
No I am not for murder of living being just the prevention of further over production. I am also not for racial or cultural profiling on this process.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:58 AM   #91
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Good thing I loaded up on strawberry seeds. I'll miss avacado though. Time to get some gardens kicking.
Wine, will be a probably too.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #92
baja
Headmaster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
No I am not for murder of living being just the prevention of further over production. I am also not for racial or cultural profiling on this process.
I meant he was into population control as well, aside from the atrocities.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #93
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I meant he was into population control as well, aside from the atrocities.
Hmm could be a similar concept but doesn't mean it's evil or incorrect. He targeted a specific segment of the population around population control and extermination.

Where I differ is the killing of living people or the targeting of specific groups of people. You can have humane population control policies as they are not mutually exclusive.

In the end I just want to see a smaller future generations exponentially over the next 100 years.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #94
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Hmm could be a similar concept but doesn't mean it's evil or incorrect. He targeted a specific segment of the population around population control and extermination.

Where I differ is the killing of living people or the targeting of specific groups of people. You can have humane population control policies as they are not mutually exclusive.

In the end I just want to see a smaller future generations exponentially over the next 100 years.
Statistical trends indicate that you will see exactly this scenario unfold over the next century here in the US. Unfortunately, no indication of this in the rest of the world. In particular, Mexico, Central, and South America. SMH. Much like the environmental devistation propigated by China, India, Russia, and much of the industrializing third world, we operate under the belief that what we do here in the US makes that significant a difference to the equation overall. Bottom line is, as a species we had better figure out a way off this rock. We won't kill the planet, but we sure as hell will render our ability to live here impossible.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #95
v2micca
This is the Water

and this is the well.

Quote:

You want humane population control? It's actually pretty simple. Equal rights and equal education opportunities for all women. Countless studies have shown that societies that don't treat their women like indentured servants while giving them equal educational opportunities see their populations stabilize within a generation. Over-population is a symptom of deeper societal problems.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:04 PM   #96
baja
Headmaster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:

Actually you are getting your wish in first world countries, third world, not so much.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #97
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

Fuel Cells are the answer to all of the Earths power and water issues.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:54 PM   #98
RepentWalpurgis
Ring of Famer

I hope Colorado doesn't have to go to war with California.
RepentWalpurgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:20 PM   #99
Bronco Yoda

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #100
RepentWalpurgis
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
You want humane population control? It's actually pretty simple. Equal rights and equal education opportunities for all women. Countless studies have shown that societies that don't treat their women like indentured servants while giving them equal educational opportunities see their populations stabilize within a generation. Over-population is a symptom of deeper societal problems.

Good post.
RepentWalpurgis is offline   Reply With Quote