The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #651
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

i got $25 off for 24 months no commitment, that makes up for it to me, because ill just call and get my basic hd credits and hbo crdits in a few weeks as well
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:49 PM   #652
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 09-03-2016 at 03:52 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:05 PM   #653
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I had to haggle a little more than usual.

I got $33 off for 6 months towards my premium channels. I got $30 off my monthly bill for 24 months. I only got $20 off a month off the six months toward the Sunday Ticket Max. They insisted on locking me in for 24 months, I ended up locking in for 12 months, so I can bargain again next year. It's a pain in the ass annual 30 minute phone call, but it's worth it in savings.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #654
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

"Buy in, or get the hell out."

Just got off the phone, and was actually a little surprised how easy it went.

I was billed for the first payment at full price ($44.95 installment) on my most recent bill, but hadn't called to renew this year after getting it for $100 last year, minus Sunday Ticket MAX.

I said I was under the impression that I could get it at that price again this yr, and that I hadn't ordered it this yr. (I knew it auto renewed, and doubted they'd just give it to me at discounted price w/out calling, but I digress.)

The rep told me about the auto renewal, and said she would look into whether they could offer it to me at last yrs $100 flat fee price. And, came back to tell me she could @$95 total, and upgraded to MAX for free.

She also threw in 3 months of either HBO/Starz for free. I probably could have gotten a better deal considering it was with zero haggling, but I'm quite happy with that price.

Hope everyone's experience goes as smooth! Go Broncos!
Smilin Assassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:15 PM   #655
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeSM6zAI5pk

$$Freee$$
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:11 AM   #656
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett

Just called this morning.....and my advice is this.....always take the NICE route. It's always worked for me....I never threaten to leave or anything like that.

So here's how it went......

I say, "Hi, I've been with DirecTv for 13 years, since 2003. I have it primarily because of Sunday Ticket, but I also think that DirecTv is the best television product out there."

She thanks me.....and I continue....

I say, "The product is great, but because I have phone and internet through Verizon FiOS....this whole 'ala carte' way of doing things is very expense. I pay roughly $250/month for all 3 services......Verizon is always dangling these bundle deals in front of me, which would save me a TON of money. I'm not looking to strong-arm anyone, as that's not my style.....but I was just calling to see if you offer any deals to existing customers."

She says, "Oh yes. I see you've been with us a long time, and we certainly wouldn't want to lose your business. We certainly offer loyalty discounts. Hold on."

She comes back after just 1 or 2 minutes and says, "I can take $60/month off your bill for the next 12 months. Would that work?"

I said, "Thank you very much. I really appreciate it."

She says, "My pleasure, Mark. We certainly appreciate your long standing loyalty to DirecTv."

Easy as that.....a 5 minute phone call saved me $720. Everytime I've called over the years....I ALWAYS take the nice route.....

55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:16 AM   #657
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

"Buy in, or get the hell out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Just called this morning.....and my advice is this.....always take the NICE route. It's always worked for me....I never threaten to leave or anything like that.

So here's how it went......

I say, "Hi, I've been with DirecTv for 13 years, since 2003. I have it primarily because of Sunday Ticket, but I also think that DirecTv is the best television product out there."

She thanks me.....and I continue....

I say, "The product is great, but because I have phone and internet through Verizon FiOS....this whole 'ala carte' way of doing things is very expense. I pay roughly $250/month for all 3 services......Verizon is always dangling these bundle deals in front of me, which would save me a TON of money. I'm not looking to strong-arm anyone, as that's not my style.....but I was just calling to see if you offer any deals to existing customers."

She says, "Oh yes. I see you've been with us a long time, and we certainly wouldn't want to lose your business. We certainly offer loyalty discounts. Hold on."

She comes back after just 1 or 2 minutes and says, "I can take $60/month off your bill for the next 12 months. Would that work?"

I said, "Thank you very much. I really appreciate it."

She says, "My pleasure, Mark. We certainly appreciate your long standing loyalty to DirecTv."

Easy as that.....a 5 minute phone call saved me $720. Everytime I've called over the years....I ALWAYS take the nice route.....

This^

They are fully aware of Dish and also people "cutting the cable".

There are discounts available, especially if you have been a "loyal customer."

If you're real with them, they'll work with you and see what they can give you to keep you content.
Smilin Assassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:36 PM   #658
And
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkythefrog View Post
So I have used DirectTV streaming for a few years now - I live in an apartment. When I put in the apartment address it lets me sign up (I don't have a view of the southern sky). When I put in the address of my parents house which is free standing, then I can't get it.

Not sure how they do it - but it probably has to do someone with the fact that you have an apartment/condo number in your address.

The problem with DirectTV streaming is that it is not 100% reliable. Last year they had big problems the first couple weeks of the season which was pretty lame - but then it evened out and was fine afterwards.
I decided to order the Sunday Ticket streaming service this year and I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised. After reading about some of the problems people experienced last year, I was a little apprehensive at first, but didn't have any major issues in week 1.

A few caveats:
1) Any games that are aired locally are blacked out. While I don't pay for cable, I have an HD antenna which will pick up any game on NBC/CBS/FOX.
2) It's $200 total for the season, or $300 for "Max," which includes RedZone. However, if you are a college student or know somebody who is, you can get the Max package for $100 (which is what I did). However, keep in mind that the credit card that you pay with must be in the name of the student.
3) Any time I put on a game, it would take a few minutes before it streamed in full HD. This wasn't a huge deal, and could have to do with the fact that I was streaming it through Chromecast, but I see how it could be annoying if I was switching between games a lot.
4) The only RedZone channel available is the DirecTV version. I spent the last few seasons watching Scott Hanson, and I must say he's a lot better than the DirecTV guy.

I figured I'd give my two cents in case anyone here was thinking about ordering the streaming service through DirecTV for this season. If any of you have any questions, let me know.
And is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:35 PM   #659
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

i received $50/month off my bill and got the Sunday Ticket for free. Like CrushEm said...just be nice and respectful.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:01 AM   #660
Epimetheus
Seasoned Veteran

Yeah

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So I got totally hooked up... When I moved into my new place I was excited to see there was a DirecTv installed. This is my first opportunity that I have had a chance to get Sunday Ticket. I went through AT&T and got a tv package, internet and the Sunday Ticket was added on for free. Bill was only going to be $80 a month for everything. Turns out my area was in a no service zone for AT&T internet. It took 10 technicians to finally figure this out after very spotty internet service for a month. I went and got a new service provider for internet, but since that came off my bundle price it increased my payment to over $100 for some reason. Called and told them the situation and they were able to just remove the internet from the original bundle price and now I just pay for tv and get the free Sunday Ticket for $49 a month.
Epimetheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #661
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I cannot get these guys to give me a deal. I'm pretty sure my notes say do not give this guy a deal this year as he has got a deal every year so far.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #662
Greatspirits
Oh-doh-hee-yu

My wife works for AT&T Corporate, so when they merged we got a nice little discount, I'm paying about $29.00 a month with the free complimentary NFL Sunday Ticket, Woohoo! the only bummer is we don't get the Pac 12 network so no Buffs games ): But I can live with that for now.
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #663
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

So I called last night to cancel STARZ, as I was getting it for free for the last couple of months and told me that I needed to call and cancel it before October 1st or I was going to be charged for it. So I told the person I wanted to cancel it unless they are offering it for free again and he said he'd check. He came back and offered it to me for free again for 3 more months but also added a $7 discount for 6 months, another $2.50 off for 3 months and added NFL ticket MAX. I was already getting the ticket for free and I told him I don't need the MAX because I am either at home watching games or in a stadium watching games and since last year they put the blackout in if you're in a stadium I said I won't use it. He said he'd give it to me anyway because he could...I STRONGLY believe it's who you get on the phone that makes a difference, I wasn't calling for anything but to drop STARZ and I got MAX added for free and $9.50 off me bill plus STARZ again

Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:08 AM   #664
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

, I got Direct TV this year from Costco at a crazy cheap price. They also threw in Sunday ticket for free. The problem is that I have no house. My house has already sold and my new house wont be ready until December. Damn builder is dragging his feet and the weather isn't helping. So I am paying for Direct TV with Sunday ticket but can't watch anything. Actually, I got my account with them on hold.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #665
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
, I got Direct TV this year from Costco at a crazy cheap price. They also threw in Sunday ticket for free. The problem is that I have no house. My house has already sold and my new house wont be ready until December. Damn builder is dragging his feet and the weather isn't helping. So I am paying for Direct TV with Sunday ticket but can't watch anything. Actually, I got my account with them on hold.
You should call and explain your situation. I bet they would give you Sunday Ticket Max for free so you could watch games from a mobile device.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:28 AM   #666
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
You should call and explain your situation. I bet they would give you Sunday Ticket Max for free so you could watch games from a mobile device.
He can already watch it via a tablet or phone if he has the ticket. You supposedly don't need the max for it this year.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:36 PM   #667
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
So I called last night to cancel STARZ, as I was getting it for free for the last couple of months and told me that I needed to call and cancel it before October 1st or I was going to be charged for it. So I told the person I wanted to cancel it unless they are offering it for free again and he said he'd check. He came back and offered it to me for free again for 3 more months but also added a $7 discount for 6 months, another $2.50 off for 3 months and added NFL ticket MAX. I was already getting the ticket for free and I told him I don't need the MAX because I am either at home watching games or in a stadium watching games and since last year they put the blackout in if you're in a stadium I said I won't use it. He said he'd give it to me anyway because he could...I STRONGLY believe it's who you get on the phone that makes a difference, I wasn't calling for anything but to drop STARZ and I got MAX added for free and $9.50 off me bill plus STARZ again

What a kick in the nuts.

I literally did the EXACT same thing the other day. Called and cancelled Starz. All they offered me was a 1/2 price discount on Starz for another 6 months or whatever. Nothing free. No other packages. Certainly no Sunday ticket. Nothing. And I've been a perfect customer since 2001. Aholes.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:50 AM   #668
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jamal Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He can already watch it via a tablet or phone if he has the ticket. You supposedly don't need the max for it this year.
i tried... but no go. because my direct tv account is temporally suspended (i am not paying anything right now), they wont let me watch it on my phone.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #669
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I cannot get these guys to give me a deal. I'm pretty sure my notes say do not give this guy a deal this year as he has got a deal every year so far.
Do you have it and are paying full price, or are you trying to add it for a discount?

I have had NFL Ticket since it first came out, and have gotten a deal every year but one, and that was my mistake for not calling back and getting someone else. It is automatically renewed on my bill so I call before the season starts and tell them I want to cancel it because of price, and they then send me to the Retention Dept. Retention has way more deals to offer than do the regular customer service people.
R8R H8R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:57 AM   #670
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

So just a FYI anyone who received the Sunday Ticket for free this year DOUBLE CHECK YOUR BILL...

I check my bill every month and see what discounts I have and which ones are expiring. Today I noticed my $10 for 6 months on the Sport Pak and $5 off HBO for 6 months expire at the end of this pay period. I called to see if I could get any other discounts. She gave me $10/6 for Sport Pak $7/6 off Showtime $7/6 for HBO and $7/6 of Cinemax...after she processed the discounts I asked her what my monthly bill would be and she responded next months bill will be $429.00 I responded,

I'm sorry I didn't get that what will me bill be? and she repeated. I said if I just received discounts why is my bill going up $300 + instead of going down $31?

she said because I HADN'T PAID FOR THE SUNDAY TICKET for the past year yet. exchanges happened...I don't have to pay...I made sure when the dude gave it to me for free in September HE PUT IT IN THE NOTES so there is no question about it, she found the notes and all is good

just giving folks a heads up just in case. bastards
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:14 AM   #671
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So just a FYI anyone who received the Sunday Ticket for free this year DOUBLE CHECK YOUR BILL...

I check my bill every month and see what discounts I have and which ones are expiring. Today I noticed my $10 for 6 months on the Sport Pak and $5 off HBO for 6 months expire at the end of this pay period. I called to see if I could get any other discounts. She gave me $10/6 for Sport Pak $7/6 off Showtime $7/6 for HBO and $7/6 of Cinemax...after she processed the discounts I asked her what my monthly bill would be and she responded next months bill will be $429.00 I responded,

I'm sorry I didn't get that what will me bill be? and she repeated. I said if I just received discounts why is my bill going up $300 + instead of going down $31?

she said because I HADN'T PAID FOR THE SUNDAY TICKET for the past year yet. exchanges happened...I don't have to pay...I made sure when the dude gave it to me for free in September HE PUT IT IN THE NOTES so there is no question about it, she found the notes and all is good

Haha! Ya gotta watch your bill with them
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:41 AM   #672
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

HoFer

Quote:

I didn't get it free. I've noticed a downward trend with DTV since they merged with AT&T. Won't be re-newing with them. Will be switching to a streaming service. Playstation TV is looking pretty good.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:50 PM   #673
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Also never got much of anything from them this year. ATT has just plain changed their model and they won't give you any real discounts anymore.

I never got the ticket, but when ever I asked they flat out refused to change the price more than $5 a month.. I also complained that the receiver fees are killing me. one genie and two minis = $37 a month there. No reduction, but they gave me Reductions of about 15 a month for my programming for six months. So now I only pay 135 a month . WAY too much to keep up.

I will cancel them this spring and go to Dish or streaming for a while. After that they can give me a new user deal if they want me back. My brother lets me use his Stream for the ticket when I need it. (3 times last season) Screw ATT.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote