The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2018, 02:06 PM   #26
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Let’s have a full season play out. DT has always been somewhat inconsistent with focus, but it’s importsnt to take the whole season into account. He’s come through for us in the playoffs so there should be nothing but love from Broncos fans.

Next seasons cap number will likely unjustifiable esepcially with Sutton looking to be ready to take over that WR position next year. Let’s not forget Sutton had a drop on a slant yesterday that led to 3 and out.

I think if DT and renegotiate contract it would be best for all parties. Maybe extend him 1 year with some low cap numbers. But it might be best for DT to go get a final nice contract depending on how he plays this season.

All in all, Broncos look good moving forward with WR #1.

Hamilton needs to get some touches.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:17 PM   #27
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Emanuel Sanders is not only our best wide receivers but one of the VERY best in the whole NFL.
DT doesnít deserve to be our #1 receiver. He should be playing on the slot as the 3rd wideout.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:28 PM   #28
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
That's a worthy criticism. But not being worth the money also does not make him worthless or a liability.
The reason I said Liability is that short third down he dropped. Man it hit him right in the hands. If it were just that one play I would say no biggie but this seems to be a thing with him. I think he missed a very similar play in game one as well. When you are hitting your #1 WR for a short 5 or 8 yard dig for a 1st and it is 3rd down. The ball hits him in the hands on mutable occasions then yes he becomes a Liability.

Oh and this is coming from a guy that has and is still a fan of his.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #29
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

DT has never had the best hands (head?), drops going back to his early seasons. Remember Tebow consoling DT on the sidelines in the Bears game after he dropped an easy TD and he came back with a TD grab later?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #30
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

But I do I think he's asked to either take a big pay cut or move on next year, but let's let the season play out first - nothing much you going to do about it right now. A trade is unlikely.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #31
TheLegendReturns
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Letís have a full season play out. DT has always been somewhat inconsistent with focus, but itís importsnt to take the whole season into account. Heís come through for us in the playoffs so there should be nothing but love from Broncos fans.

Next seasons cap number will likely unjustifiable esepcially with Sutton looking to be ready to take over that WR position next year. Letís not forget Sutton had a drop on a slant yesterday that led to 3 and out.

I think if DT and renegotiate contract it would be best for all parties. Maybe extend him 1 year with some low cap numbers. But it might be best for DT to go get a final nice contract depending on how he plays this season.

All in all, Broncos look good moving forward with WR #1.

Hamilton needs to get some touches.
DT has not done anything in the playoffs since 2013. The Super Bowl run he averaged a pathetic 20 yards a game and was getting targets.
TheLegendReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:44 PM   #32
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

He's been garbage for years. He set's a whole tone of halfass'ness to the entire team.
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:51 PM   #33
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
He's been garbage for years. He set's a whole tone of halfass'ness to the entire team.
He can stay in the tunnel with his buddy next week.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:57 PM   #34
69bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
I agree, the team would probably be better without them to be honest.
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:14 PM   #35
OmegaBronco13
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Let's hope the team mentally cuts him and moves forward. Else Sutton/Patrick won't be able to catch next week. Don't want to make DT look bad.
OmegaBronco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #36
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

There is a lot more to DT then just catching, lets all remember that as well.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #37
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendReturns View Post
DT has not done anything in the playoffs since 2013. The Super Bowl run he averaged a pathetic 20 yards a game and was getting targets.
You mean 2014.

He's had TD's in 6 of his 10 playoff games. Are you trying to discredit everything he's done in his career because of 1 playoff run? Typical dumbass with underlying agendas due to emotional bias.

What's up with this recent new infatuation with targets? Did you below average/average people just finally stumble upon this statistic that has been around forever?

If you are covered and thrown to, that is a target.
If you the ball is thrown away in your direction, that is a target.
If the ball is thrown inaccurately to you, that is a target.

If you understand this, I am not sure why one would put any heavy emphasis on the stat considering the circumstances the stat includes.

Randy Moss career catch % on targets - 56.4%
Playoffs - 48.2%

Demaryius Thomas career - 60.8%
Playoffs - 55.8%

OM constantly finds new ways to be stupid.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #38
Action

Adopt-a-Bronco:
2015DraftClass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69bronco View Post
I agree, the team would probably be better without them to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post

Where do you morons live? Would it be accurate to say you grew up with only white people?

Closet racists that can't find better entertainment but to watch athletes and chug beer.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:45 PM   #39
ShaneFalco
Infamous

i hope broncos go 5 wide and throw a screen to lindsay next game instead of screens to DT

he is kinda slow now.
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:45 PM   #40
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Where do you morons live? Would it be accurate to say you grew up with only white people?

Closet racists that can't find better entertainment but to watch athletes and chug beer.
Can we please have a thread without this **** in it please.

God everytime. it's getting old
Old 09-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #41
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Some of us have been pointing out he sucks for quite some time. To the point that DT himself said his feelers are hurt over it lol.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:10 PM   #42
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
There is a lot more to DT then just catching, lets all remember that as well.
Perhaps you should look up the definition of receiver.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:15 PM   #43
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He's had a bad start to the season. And I'm worried that hit yesterday aggravated his hip injury. Maybe he's trending down now. Still early. I want to give this offense more time to get in sync with each other. But some of these passes have been more than good enough for him to catch.

I agree with this. Wait and see what happens with the offense overall. But I doubt the dude gets traded midseason.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:16 PM   #44
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Some of us have been pointing out he sucks for quite some time. To the point that DT himself said his feelers are hurt over it lol.

Yes. The exact same things, from his rookie year on.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:35 PM   #45
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders

Quote:
In the top 15 in receptions from 2012-2017 and in the top 15 in receiving yards from 2012-2016 but yeah been garbage for years, SMFH some people are really really dumb.

2nd all time leading WR for the Broncos in yds with only 8 seasons under his belt but yeah he is super garbage.

Does DT have issues catching the ball sometimes yeah he does but he also comes up with huge catches in meaningful games and I think a lot of people forget that even though he just had a game winner last ****ing week lol
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:39 PM   #46
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin' View Post
And a false start penalty.
And another penalty on the crucial last drive I think where he ran out of bounds, came back in and dropped a pass.

DT has always dropped passes. But he made up for it with huge plays too. He's dropping a lot of passes now but the decline in his play this season so far is that he's not separating from CBs and his blocking is poor as well.

Remember last week when he was called for holding off the first big Freeman run to the left? Later on the formation called for Hamilton to block downfield on Lindsay's TD. Pretty interesting that they didn't use DT.

This past game you could a few plays where his blocking was crap and he was lined up against Melvin who's nothing special. I remember when DT used to destroy guys like that.

I'm not sure if he's carrying an injury, whether him dropping weight and years of wear and tear have caught up to him but his play has been a problem.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:46 PM   #47
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
In the top 15 in receptions from 2012-2017 and in the top 15 in receiving yards from 2012-2016 but yeah been garbage for years, SMFH some people are really really dumb.

2nd all time leading WR for the Broncos in yds with only 8 seasons under his belt but yeah he is super garbage.

Does DT have issues catching the ball sometimes yeah he does but he also comes up with huge catches in meaningful games and I think a lot of people forget that even though he just had a game winner last ****ing week lol
It's one of those things that has always struck me as strange.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:48 PM   #48
4Horsemen
Ring of Famer

Just put it in the ole turkey hole!

Dude makes big plays and is still a threat to get chunks. Answer me this, Who is proven to replace him?
4Horsemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #49
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
And another penalty on the crucial last drive I think where he ran out of bounds, came back in and dropped a pass.

DT has always dropped passes. But he made up for it with huge plays too. He's dropping a lot of passes now but the decline in his play this season so far is that he's not separating from CBs and his blocking is poor as well.

Remember last week when he was called for holding off the first big Freeman run to the left? Later on the formation called for Hamilton to block downfield on Lindsay's TD. Pretty interesting that they didn't use DT.

This past game you could a few plays where his blocking was crap and he was lined up against Melvin who's nothing special. I remember when DT used to destroy guys like that.

I'm not sure if he's carrying an injury, whether him dropping weight and years of wear and tear have caught up to him but his play has been a problem.
Iím just glad the thought of losing DT to release or trade isnít a big deal thanks to Sutton, Patrick and Hamilton.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #50
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HorSeimian View Post
Dude makes big plays and is still a threat to get chunks. Answer me this, Who is proven to replace him?
How will we ever find a guy to drop passes?