The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #151
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Oh look: Chief fan offseason thread declaring "everything is different now!"

These are a dime a dozen. They usually don't go well for you guys.

And once again you guys have this weird fixation on being better than Denver. Not the league or winning a SB, but being better than Denver.

Denver fans are interested in SB's. We don't have this weird inferiority complex that Chief fans do.
This is bizarre, and absolutely understand reciprocated. Denver fans tend to be more concerned about the Raiders and forget KC even exists.
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:15 PM   #152
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Hot Damn.

Mahomes kinda sucks tho?
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:47 PM   #153
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mahomes might be a big time QB, huge arm, but he's no Elway. Before Week 17 I had always thought he was a quick, ultra-elusive guy. But he was slow and took a lot of hits. He likes to move around not too different from Keenum, but he's no magician like Elway, Wentz, Romo, Rodgers, Ben, Wilson, etc.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:51 PM   #154
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CourtlandSutton

He ainít Mahomey
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #155
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

For those paying attention, I have already addressed the issues with many KC fans having an unhealthy amount of enthusiasm year over year when the team was always doomed to playoff failure because we always had a journeyman QB. I remember when Jason Whitlock was a columnist at The Star and having seen the Chiefs play in preseason, predicted the Steve Bono led Chiefs would go 16-0. So, I am sure that me showing up here to proclaim the coming greatness of the Chiefs is funny, and you've laughed when they all said this time is different! And then we wen't 13-3 and lost again, to a hall of fame QB in the playoffs.

As I said...during most of the last 3 decades, I had been in a small but ever increasing minority of Chiefs fans who understood the team wasn't going to ever win with journeyman QB and always found myself in arguments against the guys who probably showed up here to tell you all how great Elvis Grbac was.

I also readily admit that the Broncos have been a model franchise since 83. You've won rings...with teams lead by HOF 1st round, 1st overall drafted QB. Your victory in 15 really was due to a once a decade or so great defense like the 85 bears, 00 ravens...you could have won that with Osweiler. (side note, watching you win in 15 really hurt, felt like the 90-95 Chiefs had a D that was pretty close to that and we couldn't make it happen. Manning was old and washed up and you won anyway. ) Anyhow...I don't know what more you want me to say...I've seen you all win your titles, be a consistant contender for a long time...and that is what I want my team to be. I don't discount your greatness...I accept it and hate it.

So again...that is why I have shown up to troll you because like others before me, I beleive the Chiefs are at the dawn of our golden age. Unlike others before me...I believe that because I am sure we do have a generational talent at QB who will be great. At the same time this is happening...the Broncos have a 1st round bust at QB on the roster...just signed a journeyman, to QB a team with a coach that isn't exactly inspriing any confidence...who was nearly fired, and if I recall correctly, has been given this year to earn his keep? (correct me if that is wrong) .....and to add to that....like so many Chiefs teams of the past, you PASSED on QB in early round 1 to take a non QB...one who may even be very good even. Your franchise is now following the "Kansas City Chiefs" patented system guaranteed to have your team go 9-7 or so every year, fill the stadium, and have you drafting at pick 20 or so for decades, while you lose playoff games but your consistant mediocrity has fans convinced your always just a piece or two away every year. ...Meanwhile, KC is finally trying to do what Denver did. Aquire potential franchise QB. Be serious contender every year.

Even with all that said..I still wouldn't have come here the day after drafting Mahomes to tell you all this...but I've seen enough, and more important..and I can't stress it enough...the staff loves what they have so much..they traded a good QB who led the NFL in passer rating (a flawed rating system, but it's what they use) who is under contract for one more year at a reasonable 17 million, coming off of two division titles..they MOVED that guy out of the way to clear the path for Mahomes.

I have read through you Case Keenum thread. Most of your aren't stupid. You see what I see...that you got a journeyman, didn't get anyone in the draft who MIGHT be another franchise guy and that your franchise is dooming itself to excrutiating mediocrity.

You are done.
Zerovoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #156
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
For years we had to watch John Elway break our hearts. We may have had some great teams over the years, but never the better QB. You got Manning and it continued on for a while longer.

That's over now. Going to be fun watching this next decade plus as your team is led by marginally ok veterans who aren't difference makers while the Chiefs are contenders every year for the next 15 seasons.

You're going to love going 10-6 or so and losing in the playoffs every year, then not being in position when the major QB prospect here and there is available at the top of the draft. You've already gotten a taste of it with Lynch. And you'll all love Keenum until he can't carry the team when it matters.

We FINALY have the the generational talent at QB we've been missing all these years.

Your turn to suffer Denver. (and in the back of your mind, you know I'm right)
Oh goody! The Chiefs preseason SB is back! Is that you Bob? Well, enjoy.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:07 PM   #157
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
1. For those paying attention, I have already addressed...

2. You are done

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:34 PM   #158
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
For those paying attention, I have already addressed the issues with many KC fans having an unhealthy amount of enthusiasm year over year when the team was always doomed to playoff failure because we always had a journeyman QB. I remember when Jason Whitlock was a columnist at The Star and having seen the Chiefs play in preseason, predicted the Steve Bono led Chiefs would go 16-0. So, I am sure that me showing up here to proclaim the coming greatness of the Chiefs is funny, and you've laughed when they all said this time is different! And then we wen't 13-3 and lost again, to a hall of fame QB in the playoffs.

As I said...during most of the last 3 decades, I had been in a small but ever increasing minority of Chiefs fans who understood the team wasn't going to ever win with journeyman QB and always found myself in arguments against the guys who probably showed up here to tell you all how great Elvis Grbac was.

I also readily admit that the Broncos have been a model franchise since 83. You've won rings...with teams lead by HOF 1st round, 1st overall drafted QB. Your victory in 15 really was due to a once a decade or so great defense like the 85 bears, 00 ravens...you could have won that with Osweiler. (side note, watching you win in 15 really hurt, felt like the 90-95 Chiefs had a D that was pretty close to that and we couldn't make it happen. Manning was old and washed up and you won anyway. ) Anyhow...I don't know what more you want me to say...I've seen you all win your titles, be a consistant contender for a long time...and that is what I want my team to be. I don't discount your greatness...I accept it and hate it.

So again...that is why I have shown up to troll you because like others before me, I beleive the Chiefs are at the dawn of our golden age. Unlike others before me...I believe that because I am sure we do have a generational talent at QB who will be great. At the same time this is happening...the Broncos have a 1st round bust at QB on the roster...just signed a journeyman, to QB a team with a coach that isn't exactly inspriing any confidence...who was nearly fired, and if I recall correctly, has been given this year to earn his keep? (correct me if that is wrong) .....and to add to that....like so many Chiefs teams of the past, you PASSED on QB in early round 1 to take a non QB...one who may even be very good even. Your franchise is now following the "Kansas City Chiefs" patented system guaranteed to have your team go 9-7 or so every year, fill the stadium, and have you drafting at pick 20 or so for decades, while you lose playoff games but your consistant mediocrity has fans convinced your always just a piece or two away every year. ...Meanwhile, KC is finally trying to do what Denver did. Aquire potential franchise QB. Be serious contender every year.

Even with all that said..I still wouldn't have come here the day after drafting Mahomes to tell you all this...but I've seen enough, and more important..and I can't stress it enough...the staff loves what they have so much..they traded a good QB who led the NFL in passer rating (a flawed rating system, but it's what they use) who is under contract for one more year at a reasonable 17 million, coming off of two division titles..they MOVED that guy out of the way to clear the path for Mahomes.

I have read through you Case Keenum thread. Most of your aren't stupid. You see what I see...that you got a journeyman, didn't get anyone in the draft who MIGHT be another franchise guy and that your franchise is dooming itself to excrutiating mediocrity.

You are done.
Did anyone actually read this?

tl;dr
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #159
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

You are done.
You do realize that we very recently went 13 seasons without a great qb and still managed to be relevant and successful, right?

13 seasons: 3 losing seasons, 5 playoff appearances, 2 playoff wins, one afc championship game appearance.

To put it into perspective, we had more playoff wins in our 13 off years than you guys have in the past 23.

Let me repeat that one more time:

If we compare our last 23 seasons, and you take out all of the elway and peyton years, we still have more playoff wins than you did the entire time.

You came here to celebrate in * * * *ing May because you know deep down that you may not get the chance again.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:46 PM   #160
MamaMia
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Another couple of things:

1. You act as if we had a choice in the draft. The fact is, there just arent many bonafide franchise qbs in the world. If we werent confident in anyoje after Darnold was drafted, it's a much better decision to take the best defensive player in the draft. Getting a franchise qb has as much to do with luck than anything else.

2. Just because a qb is gnerationally talented does not mean it's going to work out. There are zero guarantees. Look at the most successful qbs over the past twenty seasons and the common denominator is not athletic ability and having a big arm, it comes down to decision making, leadership, and consistency. We still have no idea what Mahommes is made of and we wont know until he is playing in January.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #161
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:

You are done.
We get this **** from one of you guys every year you get a new QB. I never thought Smith was your biggest problem. Yet you kept expecting him to get you to the next level and when you didn't he was blamed consistently.

You watched our 2015 SB win with a QB who was no longer considered franchise performing. Did you see the final 4 in the playoffs? 3 with backups and one of them beat the team with a franchise QB. That's why we are fine right now with a journeyman. That's fine if we have truly improved our defense and the rest of our offense. Our backup QBs are a concern but let me tell you, so are yours. Why don't you develop an entire team instead of always having the narrow focus on one position?

Quote:
But if you base your argument on this alone, you don't have an argument. The Pittsburg Steelers were a laughing stock in the NFL for the entirety of their existance until the 1970 Draft.
That's exactly our argument. Using the Steelers as a comparison wasn't really bright. They have done something since 1970. KC hasn't. And yet we hear this same stuff every year and until you prove it, count on your rivals pointing this out to you.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:11 PM   #162
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

The Trent Green, Tony G, Priest Holmes, Dante Hall, Roaf + Shields offense was the best youíll ever do. Mahomes will flash, but he doesnít have the supporting cast - at least not this year.

This isnít going to go the way you expect. If Hunt or Kelce gets injured this season, youíre looking at 8-8.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #163
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:54 PM   #164
Rohirrim
Partisan

And so it goes...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Phillip Lindsay

I'm just heartened to see somebody coming out of KC who can type. So, he's got that going for him.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #165
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
We get this **** from one of you guys every year you get a new QB. I never thought Smith was your biggest problem. Yet you kept expecting him to get you to the next level and when you didn't he was blamed consistently.

You watched our 2015 SB win with a QB who was no longer considered franchise performing. Did you see the final 4 in the playoffs? 3 with backups and one of them beat the team with a franchise QB. That's why we are fine right now with a journeyman. That's fine if we have truly improved our defense and the rest of our offense. Our backup QBs are a concern but let me tell you, so are yours. Why don't you develop an entire team instead of always having the narrow focus on one position?

The offense is all set. The defense was awful...gotta build that up. It will be better this year. ...and if the QB doesn't matter and the team needs built up..you shouldn't have spent all that money on Keenum and built up a team around Lynch or Simien. ...the QB matters...A LOT.

That's exactly our argument. Using the Steelers as a comparison wasn't really bright. They have done something since 1970. KC hasn't. And yet we hear this same stuff every year and until you prove it, count on your rivals pointing this out to you.

The Steelers are exactly the right comparison....they sucked until 1970..then they had a decade of dominating..then Bradshaw retired..they sucked in the 80's like the Chiefs. In the 90's they were the SAME team as the Chiefs...strong D...always competing with a crappy QB...losing in the playoffs to teams with better QBs....then they had Big Ben fall in their laps in the draft after one of their few off years where they were picking in the lower teens.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:02 PM   #166
Black96WS6
Ring of Famer

I can understand why KC fans are excited.

Mahomes is slowly climbing up the records list.

Right now, he's got 35 passing attempts and 0 Touchdowns.

Very impressive.

Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:09 PM   #167
Broncoandrew
Ring of Famer

In hoc signo vinces

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keenum (I hope)

Quote:
[/B]

The Steelers are exactly the right comparison....they sucked until 1970..then they had a decade of dominating..then Bradshaw retired..they sucked in the 80's like the Chiefs. In the 90's they were the SAME team as the Chiefs...strong D...always competing with a crappy QB...losing in the playoffs to teams with better QBs....then they had Big Ben fall in their laps in the draft after one of their few off years where they were picking in the lower teens.
Mahomes=\= Big Ben. He hasn't played enough to be compared to anyone. He could be as good as Rothlesburger, but he could also be the next incarnation of Jamarcus Russel.

Come back and talk after he wins you a playoff game.
Broncoandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:10 PM   #168
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
If Hunt or Kelce gets injured this season, youíre looking at 8-8.
I don't know if you've looked at their schedule. They could be looking at that fully healthy.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #169
Black96WS6
Ring of Famer

This sounds vaguely familiar.

Oh yeah that's right, Chiefs fans said the same thing when Matt Cassel became their starting QB.

How'd that work out? I forget...

Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:24 PM   #170
Omnipicus
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Dude doesnít even post on a Chiefs site but is at 3-4 other teams board.

You guys are out here taking that bait.
Omnipicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #171
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnipicus View Post
Dude doesnít even post on a Chiefs site but is at 3-4 other teams board.

You guys are out here taking that bait.
That is right...I don't post on Cheifs boards..I post in Chiefs facebook groups. I posted my user names and my real name for facebook so anyone who cares to look at what I post, where I post etc...can do so. I will stick around and eat crow if I'm wrong. And I will certainly remind you often if I am right. Part of being a fan is talking S**T and I can't wait to talk a bunch of it here to you fine people. It's your turn to take a bite out of some s**t sandwiches and like it.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #172
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
[/B]

OMG! You are giving that Steeler decade to Bradshaw? And the same for Big Ben. I do believe he's better than Bradshaw, but again, look at the defense. Big Ben's still there but the defense isn't. Stop with the narrow focus.....no wait, don't stop.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #173
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

DJ Kranz spinning tunes

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joesy Jewel

mMAhaomes has thrown more INT's than TD's and he did it with backup secondary players on the field.

Hoping that trend continues. He doesn't have the D alice had. His D is not going to force turnovers like it used to with Peters, and DJ gone and Houston the only pass rusher, who is also broken down and on his last leg.

When Patrica throws all those INT's they will likely turn into TD's that that bad D.

Who is their backup now?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #174
Zerovoltz
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
OMG! You are giving that Steeler decade to Bradshaw? And the same for Big Ben. I do believe he's better than Bradshaw, but again, look at the defense. Big Ben's still there but the defense isn't. Stop with the narrow focus.....no wait, don't stop.
I'm not trying to argue that Bradshaw was the be all end all of the Steelers..and I am not making that same point for Ben either.

The point is...the GREAT steelers teams...just like the GREAT Broncos teams, had GREAT QB's leading them...they had other great or good parts around them..but you can build up a GREAT roster of 52 players and 1 guy at QB who isn't great and try to win a championship...it happens every decade or so...much better with multiple shots at it when you have the QB and he helps elevate the team you put around him.

The Broncos no longer have that kind of QB...and you got your 2015 ring with that once every 10-15 year great defense.

The whole theme of my original post is that Denver is now operating the "Kansas City" way and the Chiefs are now operating the "Bronco" way...

Basically...the formula that made you successful is the one we are employing now..and the formula that kept us mediocre forever is what you are doing now. Enjoy. you are done.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:46 PM   #175
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
That is right...I don't post on Cheifs boards..I post in Chiefs facebook groups. I posted my user names and my real name for facebook so anyone who cares to look at what I post, where I post etc...can do so. I will stick around and eat crow if I'm wrong. And I will certainly remind you often if I am right. Part of being a fan is talking S**T and I can't wait to talk a bunch of it here to you fine people. It's your turn to take a bite out of some s**t sandwiches and like it.
Omnipicus is a Chiefs fan. He is even more of a homer than you.

Glad I could help your love connection along!
delany is offline   Reply With Quote