The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 10:31 AM   #126
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
I think George to the Lakers is overblown if he plays well with Russ. Russ is the best teammate he has ever played with. Then you add in Carmelo as the 3rd option and that's potentially deadly on offense. Even if you bolt for the Lakers you are not likely to get better than that since it would be LeBron #1, George #2 and Ball #3.
Part of the reason George wants to go to the Lakers is to be back home. But, yes, if OKC legitimately threatens for the title you'd have to think that George would have second thoughts. My point is that Presti made great moves regardless of what happens in future seasons. If this is the core of a true contender, great. If not, the rebuild can proceed without bad contracts as a road block. This still probably isn't enough to put them in a legit position to threaten GS, though, and maybe not Houston either. Just not enough depth.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #127
tcash777
Solid Starter

Thunder just ruined their season. Melo is cancer. This just sealed it that George leaves. How soon until Melo demands another trade?
Old 09-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #128
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcash777 View Post
Thunder just ruined their season. Melo is cancer. This just sealed it that George leaves. How soon until Melo demands another trade?
Not if they get Olympic Carmelo.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #129
GoneFishin'
Ring of Famer

Longtime listener first time caller

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Took a lot of unusual circumstances, but Presti turned (mostly) bad contracts into Paul George and Carmelo Anthony.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/911642320214380544">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If this was, actually, like part of the Knicks trade evaluation...I just have no words. Who cares? You are tanking and Melo is 33. <a href="https://t.co/vKsS7O3EQK">https://t.co/vKsS7O3EQK</a></p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/911643976087801860">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Okc gone be a problem lol</p>&mdash; Chris Harris (@ChrisHarrisJr) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisHarrisJr/status/911642562578063365">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 09-23-2017, 10:40 AM   #130
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Yeah but LaLa won't like it, no endorSeimiant opportunities and TV shows...
Old 09-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #131
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Wow, the draft pick is only a 2nd. Why the hell would the Knicks want Kanter's contract without a sweetener?
Old 09-23-2017, 10:53 AM   #132
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Not if they get Olympic Carmelo.
Olympic Melo dies the second he boards the plane to come back home to the US. Melo is not a role player in the NBA. I think George can be a support player but no way can Melo. That many iso players cannot exist on the floor at the same time.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #133
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Olympic Melo dies the second he boards the plane to come back home to the US. Melo is not a role player in the NBA. I think George can be a support player but no way can Melo. That many iso players cannot exist on the floor at the same time.
Melo will accept a non-ISO role, and the Olympics proves he can thrive doing so. He's mostly had crappy teammates in his career.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #134
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Interesting trade.

Thunder didnt really give up much. Russ, Roberson, George, Melo, Adams is a pretty nasty finishing lineup.

Not sure if Russ stays, depends how he and George do together. If they make the WCF, and take GS to 6 competitive games. He'd be stupid to leave.

Even if LeBron goes to LA, i dont think the Lakers have the roster to give the Warriors trouble like the Thunder would be able to do possibly.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #135
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Interesting trade.

Thunder didnt really give up much. Russ, Roberson, George, Melo, Adams is a pretty nasty finishing lineup.
Don't forget Patterson. I thought that was an underrated signing:
Old 09-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #136
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

I've said before if Melo got into a good situation, like Cavs, Rockets rumored or now OKC, he'd adjust to fit in.

He's had mostly **** teams, so why bother helping the team out if they suck?
Old 09-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #137
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Yeah but LaLa won't like it, no endorSeimiant opportunities and TV shows...
Aren't they in the middle of a divorce because he can't keep it in his pants?

Quote:
Part of the reason George wants to go to the Lakers is to be back home. But, yes, if OKC legitimately threatens for the title you'd have to think that George would have second thoughts. My point is that Presti made great moves regardless of what happens in future seasons. If this is the core of a true contender, great. If not, the rebuild can proceed without bad contracts as a road block. This still probably isn't enough to put them in a legit position to threaten GS, though, and maybe not Houston either. Just not enough depth.
Yeah, home is nice but winning with an MVP teammate plus a proven performer in Melo would trump the Lakers except for the market.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #138
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Greed is good

Quote:
Melo will accept a non-ISO role, and the Olympics proves he can thrive doing so. He's mostly had crappy teammates in his career.
He's also always been the man on his teams and never had someone he had to defer to.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #139
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

Quote:
Don't forget Patterson. I thought that was an underrated signing:
I was just speaking to a finishing lineup but they could put PP at the 5 vs some teams.

It's probably not enough to beat the Warriors but gotta see how they fit in first.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #140
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

Jaguars OM Mock GM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Butt

I think the George/LA stuff is overblown.

I'm sure he'd like to go back to LA, but it's not as clear cut as the media makes it seem it is.

If OKC has a really good year, and Russ commits as well, he'd be stupid to leave.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:08 AM   #141
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
I was just speaking to a finishing lineup but they could put PP at the 5 vs some teams.

It's probably not enough to beat the Warriors but gotta see how they fit in first.
You'd probably want Patterson on Draymond if you're playing GS. Russ, Robertson, George and Patterson makes for a helluva defensive unit.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #142
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane MF Ray!

Melo to Oklahoma. Makes me smile because he wanted out of Denver because it was "too small". Have fun cow tipping. Don't think that trio is going to work. All iso ball stoppers. I see turmoil by Christmas. Westbrook and George to LA with Bron in 2018. Melo stuck in basketball purgatory.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:29 AM   #143
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
He's also always been the man on his teams and never had someone he had to defer to.
You're assuming this without knowing. Also he doesn't D up. But they gave up literally nothing for him so it's worth the risk.

As a Knicks fan I'm happy. I woulda bought him out. So at least we got something even if it's only a 2nd rounder
Old 09-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #144
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
You're assuming this without knowing. Also he doesn't D up. But they gave up literally nothing for him so it's worth the risk.

As a Knicks fan I'm happy. I woulda bought him out. So at least we got something even if it's only a 2nd rounder
There's zero doubt in my mind OKC is getting Olympic Melo. The fact that he was only willing to waive the no trade clause for teams where he knows he'll be the third option is the proof. And OKC Is loaded with good defenders, so that deficiency won't be a big deal.

Also, don't sell the trade short for NY. You got Kanter's and Dougie McBuckets too
Old 09-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #145
maven
#happy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911572182060453893">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">U bum <a href="https://twitter.com/StephenCurry30">@StephenCurry30</a> already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!</p>&mdash; LeBron James (@KingJames) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/911610455877021697">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>

what a time to be alive...
Old 09-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #146
maven
#happy

Quote:

You got McBuckets

I don't know about Kanter though, but yeah I think it's a great trade for the Knicks
Old 09-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #147
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
There's zero doubt in my mind OKC is getting Olympic Melo. The fact that he was only willing to waive the no trade clause for teams where he knows he'll be the third option is the proof. And OKC Is loaded with good defenders, so that deficiency won't be a big deal.

Also, don't sell the trade short for NY. You got Kanter's and Dougie McBuckets too
They are expiring deals. The Knicks aew trying to clean house. And I think melo thinks he'll be Olympic melo, but I've heard this before. He's also an aging forward who is an avg rebounder and sucks at D. It's a good risk for OKC, I just don't expect a chip outta this
Old 09-23-2017, 12:01 PM   #148
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911572182060453893">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">U bum <a href="https://twitter.com/StephenCurry30">@StephenCurry30</a> already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!</p>&mdash; LeBron James (@KingJames) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/911610455877021697">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>

what a time to be alive...
Other athletes are falling in line. It's really interesting

The most famous athlete in America just called the president a bum. Lol lesean McCoy called him an a-hole. I'm curious to see the NFL player reaction tomorrow
Old 09-23-2017, 12:03 PM   #149
maven
#happy

Quote:
They are expiring deals. The Knicks aew trying to clean house. And I think melo thinks he'll be Olympic melo, but I've heard this before. He's also an aging forward who is an avg rebounder and sucks at D. It's a good risk for OKC, I just don't expect a chip outta this
I could see Kanter opting in next summer as there's no money available

McBuckets with the $4.5 million qualifying offer
Old 09-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #150
maven
#happy

Quote:
Other athletes are falling in line. It's really interesting

The most famous athlete in America just called the president a bum. Lol lesean McCoy called him an a-hole. I'm curious to see the NFL player reaction tomorrow
Lol at calling him a bum

This **** is crazy
Closed Thread