The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2018, 08:05 AM   #26
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
I can't think of a more meaningless job than to be a professional sports writer. And yet, every year we get a few dozen of these worthless idiots together and have them pick out who the best players are in football.

How many of these worthless idiots have ever played a real sport? Can any of them run 10 feet without getting a heart attack?

Weak, talent-less, worthless losers with a pen/typewriter trying to decide the fates of the world's best athletes? What a crock of ****, the whole thing.
Well, I started off my career in journalism as a sports writer and sports photographer. Itís an awesome job! Thereís a ton of awesome and talented people in the profession, just like any other profession. There were also some a-holes, just like any other profession. One reason why I got into the profession was because I wanted to stay in sports after my athletic career ended in college.

Last edited by Jason in LA; 07-15-2018 at 08:15 AM..
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:12 AM   #27
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960

cooking up a victory

Quote:
I know TO. He's not the a-hole people thinks he is. Most of the negative reputation he's gotten is due to poor PR strategy and a few outbursts from his past.

Dude's a hard working, disciplined athlete who got to where he was by determination. He made some mistakes when he was young, but who doesn't?
personality aside... TO EARNED his HOF selection on the field.
yes he pissed on his own enshrinement, just reveal the statue and move on to the inductees who have a better grasp of reality
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:05 AM   #28
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

If he really wanted to cause a scene, he'd attend the ceremony and kneel during it.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:59 PM   #29
rugbythug
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
TO is better at football than any of you will be at anything.. except for anonymously taking out your frustrations with life on a celebrity you've never met. How's that feel?

Who gives a * * * *.
Letís take this another level. Because you are anonymously talking about people youíve never met who are talking about some one they havenít met.

Itís inception.

I am better at life than TO. We both play so I think that counts.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #30
Arkie
Ring of Famer

If TO could have back just the money he paid in fines for "excessive" celebrations after his touchdowns, he would more than double his current net worth.

Last edited by Arkie; 07-15-2018 at 03:33 PM..
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #31
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMia View Post
TO is better at football than any of you will be at anything.. except for anonymously taking out your frustrations with life on a celebrity you've never met. How's that feel?

Who gives a * * * *.
He may be better at football but I also don't need to try and make money at every angle that is possible with my former life. Dude made MILLIONS and has ZERO to show for it since he thought he was bigger in life than he really is. People don't give a flying **** about this self centered primadona and he still doesn't realize this.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:48 AM   #32
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

TO loves him some TO. the HOF got suckered. If anyone is a fan of this clown....Would you want your kids to act like this?
Look at me!! i have Nothing to show for my talent but some worthless records that will be broken. NO rings that cant be taken from me.
and O... P.S hes broke, a football loser and real life loser.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:56 AM   #33
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Nevermind Rod Smith. Eddy Mac has his kids...What does a LOSER like T.O. have?
Bankrupcy and debt.
I think one day he will realize that being a CLOWN is no substitute for being a champion. a SuperBowl champion.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:02 AM   #34
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

MTV The Challenge TO vs CT classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_TLiyWCqpU
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #35
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Royce Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Nevermind Rod Smith. Eddy Mac has his kids...What does a LOSER like T.O. have?
Bankrupcy and debt.
I think one day he will realize that being a CLOWN is no substitute for being a champion. a SuperBowl champion.
He's hardly an outlier:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/12/what...0-million.html
Quote:
Despite the fact that NFL players make an average of $1.9 million a year, 15 percent declare bankruptcy, while Sports Illustrated estimates that 78 percent end up coming close and/or experience significant financial stress.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:37 AM   #36
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Quote:
I know TO. He's not the a-hole people thinks he is. Most of the negative reputation he's gotten is due to poor PR strategy and a few outbursts from his past.

Dude's a hard working, disciplined athlete who got to where he was by determination. He made some mistakes when he was young, but who doesn't?
if he would show up and say "yah ive been a di*K" but No. its the same old TO garbage. How can someone as old as TO be so immature and clueless?
Old 07-17-2018, 12:39 AM   #37
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

And NO he didnt become a great pass catcher from hard work....He was a Natural, a natural that pissed it all away.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:53 AM   #38
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
TO loves him some TO. the HOF got suckered. If anyone is a fan of this clown....Would you want your kids to act like this?
Look at me!! i have Nothing to show for my talent but some worthless records that will be broken. NO rings that cant be taken from me.
and O... P.S hes broke, a football loser and real life loser.
One day soon when he fades out of total view, there will be no one around that will reflect with him on how good he really was. And he was. However, when the talent leaves, all you have left is relationships. TO's relationships are a series of smoking burnt bridges in his rear view mirror. This HOF escapade is another one of those. An opportunity to redeem himself in a humble manner, a first step in putting the past behind him and start re-establishing himself with the fans. His mind doesn't work that way and maybe in old age it still won't.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:20 AM   #39
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Well, I started off my career in journalism as a sports writer and sports photographer. Itís an awesome job! Thereís a ton of awesome and talented people in the profession, just like any other profession. There were also some a-holes, just like any other profession. One reason why I got into the profession was because I wanted to stay in sports after my athletic career ended in college.
That's great that you were an athlete before you became a journalist, but how many of your profession come from being athletes first?

It seems to me a lot of the HOF voters don't have an athletic background whatsoever. I have no interest hearing what those guys have to say, never mind watching a whole overblown celebration of who they think is the best of an era.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:23 PM   #40
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHAD KELLY

Guy's a real b!tch . . . . .

. . . . also might be the 2nd best WR ever.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:37 PM   #41
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
That's great that you were an athlete before you became a journalist, but how many of your profession come from being athletes first?

It seems to me a lot of the HOF voters don't have an athletic background whatsoever. I have no interest hearing what those guys have to say, never mind watching a whole overblown celebration of who they think is the best of an era.
Peter King holds the record for most Starbucks lattes poured down his pants and consumed through self falatio in a Delta first class lavatory though. You donít get that trophy without working for it and extreme dedication.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:54 PM   #42
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:

Most journalist have never worked in the professions that they write about. Political writers typically haven't been politicians. Entertainment writers typically cannot play an instrument, sing, dance, act, etc. Writing and covering stories is a skill itself, and writers have the ability to write articles about subjects that they are not experts at or have done as a profession. Most of the articles I've written are about things that I've never personally done. Most people who are in a profession probably wouldn't be good at writing about that profession.

And it doesn't take a professional football player to figure out that TO was a major a-hole during his career, and he has continued that same bad behavior after his career ended. He's pretty terrible at handling issues.
Jason in LA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #43
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Most journalist have never worked in the professions that they write about. Political writers typically haven't been politicians. Entertainment writers typically cannot play an instrument, sing, dance, act, etc. Writing and covering stories is a skill itself, and writers have the ability to write articles about subjects that they are not experts at or have done as a profession. Most of the articles I've written are about things that I've never personally done. Most people who are in a profession probably wouldn't be good at writing about that profession.
Athletes and Sports Writers are like Artists and Art Critics.

delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:12 AM   #44
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Quote:

And how old is he now? Now is the time to admit he was a jerk, a dumbass, a manchild.

And how old is he now?
Old and broke, and now he wont even show up to accept his jacket.
8 Superbowls, 3 Lambardis. And only a handful of Broncos in the HOF? And this Clown gets in and he wont even Show up?
Its sad that he cant-wont grow up.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:56 AM   #45
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

All i know is a player that wasnt a clown. and had HOF numbers and Two SB rings probably wont get in til the Seniors vote, *cough* Rod Smith.
But NO a total CLOWN that is TO gets in and wont even show up.
F u Canton f U.