The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Choke Job?
Big Time! 36 41.86%
Yes. 22 25.58%
No. 23 26.74%
Greatest Season Ever! All Hail Peyton Manning! 5 5.81%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2005, 06:41 PM   #10
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornStore
i'm not talking about any long stretch of accomplishments or trying to compare manning's career to elway's. infact, i'm not even a Peyton Manning fan. it just annoys me to see him get irrationally bashed on this board because some of you guys are bitter about him for whatever reason.

all i meant with that comment is that given the way NE's defense was able to outplay the rest of the colts' offense, NO QUARTERBACK, not even one as good as elway would have looked good. manning wasn't the one failing to tackle dillon, or the one fumbling caught balls, or killing drives with dropped passes. no qb can overcome that, not manning, not elway, not montana, and not even jim kelly =P
Some of us simply view the ringless Peyton as... dare I say it.... overrated...

Perhaps if the sports media didn't devote quite so much time to Colts buttkissing, that might not be the case... but as has already been observed on the forum today, Jim Nantz clearly wanted a Colts victory so bad he could taste it.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote