The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2005, 10:11 PM   #10
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
Basically King wrote the books mentioned because of the criticism of his failure to develop or have believable female characters. Neither book did much to improve that. I always thought he wrote Claiborne as an old man but used a female name.

Koontz did okay recently with From the Corner of His Eye and Odd Thomas. But he threw in a few clunkers recently, too. Watchers will always be on my favorite list.

A few authors I can't wait for anything new from are

Michael Connelly
Harlen Coben
Elizabeth George
I dunno. King definately took a nosedive in recent years, but there are still some good stories there. "The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon" wasn't bad. "Everthing's Eventual" (his latest short fiction collection) had some great stuff. And, of course, the finale to the "Dark Tower" series, "The Dark Tower." I completely enjoyed that book. I won't say it's the best of the series because it'e the most recent on of the series I've read and it was months after "Song of Susannah" (and any of the other), but while I was reading it, it went everywhere with me. Literally, everywhere. I could not put that book down!

Koontz also has some good reading in his recent catalogue. I really enjoyed the "Moonlight Bay" books, "Sieze the Night" and "Fear Nothing." I'm currently reading "The Taking" (came out after "Odd Thomas"). I'll let you all know how it is.

Ben
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote