The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2014, 01:29 AM   #51
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Tried em all multiple times and they all suck.
Sports Radio shows in general suck though.
Lol the only radio show I actually like its Ferrall on the Bench. Guy has the worst voice in the world but hes hilarious.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:06 PM   #52
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Touched By God

Did I hear correctly?

Is tomorrow REALLY Nate Lundy's last day on the air at 104.3 The Fan in Denver?

Can someone confirm the best news so far this year?

That guy is just ****ing terrible. If he's really gone, that station will be halfway listenable again.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:44 PM   #53
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Did I hear correctly?

Is tomorrow REALLY Nate Lundy's last day on the air at 104.3 The Fan in Denver?

Can someone confirm the best news so far this year?

That guy is just ****ing terrible. If he's really gone, that station will be halfway listenable again.
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...denver-morning

Quote:
BONNEVILLE Sports KKFN (104.3 THE FAN)/DENVER PD NATE LUNDY has relinquished his duties as morning show co-host.
Posting at Facebook, LUNDY wrote that FRIDAY will be his last full-time day on the morning show. "With so much happening behind the scenes, I will be focusing my attention running THE FAN as well as growing the brand that we have worked to build," he posted. "I am proud of helping to build the show to #1 with MIKE EVANS, VIC LOMBARDI and SCOTT DEHUFF."
- See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar....a5kg3uVd.dpuf
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #54
bombay
Ring of Famer

Someone let me know when The Fan gets rid of McKee. Won't listen until then.

Lundy leaving is fine. Not much personality there. Is Schlereth taking his slot?
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #55
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Touched By God

God, that's so awesome. He's a complete train wreck.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:04 PM   #56
Papa-pwn
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post

Lundy leaving is fine. Not much personality there. Is Schlereth taking his slot?
Bad as he may be, Dmac is infinitely better than his brain dead cohost.
Papa-pwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:08 PM   #57
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post

Eh, Al and DMac are both clowns. They get people talking, and are just goofballs.

Nate Lundy doesn't bring anything to the table. In fact, he takes things off the table. He is a terrible radio host, is as unfunny as anyone I've ever heard in a public-speaking role, but thinks he's hilarious (which is really the problem).

I'm going to have to start listening again.

Been saying for years that a Lombardi/Sandy morning show would be really strong. Get rid of Evans, and keep Scott with Drew (I guess).
Old 08-27-2015, 02:09 PM   #58
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

See, I like Evans. When he and Sandy were together I really enjoyed it. Lundy is dull as hell.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:17 PM   #59
69bronco
Ring of Famer

All time great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
Big al?
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #60
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
mckee is the absolute worst.

Al is just ok, but at least he represents things that I love - the Buffs and Broncos. Even though he never talks agout the Buffs. Yeah. He can go, too.

Someone (Rabb) mentioned that Sandy and Evans together were good. And they were. Something about Evans weird personality caused Sandy to be a little less caustic to his listeners. Love to see them in drive time.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:36 PM   #61
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was listening this morning to 104.3. Lundy is leaving the morning show. Maybe he's better as a program director because he didn't add much to the show. Vic Lombardi is the best sports talk host in town, IMO. Evans is OK.

Evans is going to host a one hour football show from 9 to 10 am each week day. On Mondays Shannon Sharpe will be his guest for the full hour. On Thursdays he'll have Joel Klatt on. Dan Patrick goes from 10am - noon (being cut by 1 hour)

They will announce more changes on Friday. I must say 104.3 has improved. Their smartphone app is really good (you can play the interviews only from throughout the day). The fan late night show guys are good, too. Never listen to Dmac/Alfred except for the interviews on the app.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #62
IA-Broncosfan53
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I listen to the 104.3 app. It is fantastic, I can listen to the guests without ads. Perfect for drive time.

DMac is ok in doses. He tries really hard, and he is a good memory. But sometimes, he is being controversial just to stir the pot... Like saying bench Manning after the Colts playoff game for road games.. Good grief.

Sandy and Spano are the best in Denver, IMO.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #63
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

I like the fact that they are extending the morning show until 10AM. That way Dan Patrick is on during the slot when nobody really listens, 10-Noon (or maybe 1pm?)

I just cannot stand the Dan Patrick show. It is so incredibly boring and has zero entertainment value.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:44 PM   #64
Gort
Ring of Famer

In Kubiak We Trust

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Don Duncan

Quote:
i like Big Al. can't stand DBag.

if it was Big Al and Vic it would be a really entertaining show.

not sure why anyone wouldn't like Big Al. he's an affable guy. Dbag is just a small, insecure doucheweasel.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #65
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
i like Big Al. can't stand DBag.

if it was Big Al and Vic it would be a really entertaining show.

not sure why anyone wouldn't like Big Al. he's an affable guy. Dbag is just a small, insecure doucheweasel.
You hit the nail on the head.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:57 PM   #66
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
I like the fact that they are extending the morning show until 10AM. That way Dan Patrick is on during the slot when nobody really listens, 10-Noon (or maybe 1pm?)

I just cannot stand the Dan Patrick show. It is so incredibly boring and has zero entertainment value.
He is. Likes to talk about the most uninteresting garbage. Once he spent a solid hour talking about the fact that point break was on TV last night and he watched it. He's like a nationally syndicated Irv and Joe only 10x less interesting.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:49 PM   #67
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Good riddance to Lundy. I work from home in Atlanta. I pretty much run with the 104.3 app all day, with the exception of DP. I think I've killed the app during the morning show, almost daily for the last week and a half. Lundy is an ass, and frankly, just seems to push my PO buttons. Great news, especially when added to 1 less hour of DP.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:13 AM   #68
Guess Who
Awesomeness

I was hoping one of the changes would be the firing of Alfred Williams.... the guy knows ZERO about football.
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:18 AM   #69
Papa-pwn
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I was hoping one of the changes would be the firing of Alfred Williams.... the guy knows ZERO about football.
Exactly my point. Okay cool he was a decent player on some local teams but he is inarticulate and knows less about football and those who play it than your average high schooler. Advocating cutting Sly for Mitch Unrein is just one of his daily hilarious attempts at a respectable opinion.
Papa-pwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:09 AM   #70
ChampJesusBailey
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I live in N Texas, our local sports talk options aren't great either. ESPNR blows, we have The Fan also, it stinks. We have 1310 The Ticket, which is amazing, but they do a lot of shtick and not much sports in the afternoon drive.

When I used to deliver pizza, for some reason on some days I could pick up 850 KOA and listen to Dave Logan talk Broncos and it was heaven. I have tried listening to Denver sports talk various times through apps and the Internets and it's always terrible. What would you guys recommend as the best station to listen to for Broncos talk, and the best show on that station?
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #71
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Touched By God

A buddy of mine was giving Nate Lundy some ribbing this morning via the text line, and Nate became a total baby about it. My buddy's like "i'm sure you're a nice guy, but your on air work is not good. You're the weakest point in the chain and Denver radio will be better without you trying too hard every morning."

Ol' Lundy threw a fit. "I'm so sick of this!" and "I'm going to ban you from the text line on my way out the door!"

No wonder he's so bad at radio. He behaves like a toddler.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:41 AM   #72
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampJesusBailey View Post
I live in N Texas, our local sports talk options aren't great either. ESPNR blows, we have The Fan also, it stinks. We have 1310 The Ticket, which is amazing, but they do a lot of shtick and not much sports in the afternoon drive.

When I used to deliver pizza, for some reason on some days I could pick up 850 KOA and listen to Dave Logan talk Broncos and it was heaven. I have tried listening to Denver sports talk various times through apps and the Internets and it's always terrible. What would you guys recommend as the best station to listen to for Broncos talk, and the best show on that station?
Sadly, there's not really a good option locally. Sounds like the Fan is going to have an all-NFL show from 9-10am, but Mike Evans will be hosting. So that sorta sucks.

Serius/XM is probably the right answer.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:48 AM   #73
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Don Duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post

It's ridiculous to have a tape delayed national show on in the middle of the day.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:53 AM   #74
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I like Big Al. And DMAC can be a weasel sometimes with questions during press conferences, but I think he's often more reasonable and logical than Big Al. I don't know how anyone can have a problem with Alfred Williams. He's the nicest guy.

I hate how Sandy has to have the last word and cuts people off or talks over them all the time. But his analysis is fair and he's very thorough. Scott Hastings won't shut up about the 97-98 Super Bowl teams. He brings them up all the time and it's like he won't get over it. He compares every team to that team and if this team isn't like that one he he points it out like it's a problem.

I like Vic Lombardi. Do not live Evans. He's annoying. Lundy is not good for radio. It's that simple. It stinks because I think he really wants to be a radio personality but he's just not good at it.

You guys can always listen to the Mane's very own Montrose AKA Raj on ESPN radio, by the way.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #75
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Both Dmac and Alfred Williams suck.
They talk more about stupid **** like Alfred's NFL playing career, or college career than anything else, and usually they get caught up on trivial arguments and bull****.
Nate Kreckman (sp?!) is a lot better, he's got interesting guests and nice interviews and discusses the news of the day in more detail

Sandy Klough is pretty good, and so is Vic Lombardi, the rest pretty much suck
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote