The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #126
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
To win a superbowl....

Elway better bring in a vet after cuts or do something, right now if this team rolls with Ball, CJ, and Ronnie Bustillman then this team and mannings neck are in big big trouble

Ball can learn alot, but unfortunately he has alot to learn about crunch time and big 3rd downs. His durability is unproven in the NFL. Shame on the front office thinking "high miles ball" is a proven rock toter in the NFL, this isn't the Big 10....

CJ Anderson has no clue what to do on passing downs and blitz pickup...

Ronnie Bustillman, wow, what a soft, weak runner, wouldn't surprise me if he gets cut. Gase is on record as a Non Fan....

You better get more legs Elway.....Not this thread in Mid October.

Homers........

Stupid mutherfocker.....
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #127
Ragnar
Solid Starter

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
He sat out 8 full quarters and was healthy and available for them all? That I don't remember.
in several games, the Broncos were ahead by 3-4 scores going into the 4th.. it made so sense to play him.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #128
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
in several games, the Broncos were ahead by 3-4 scores going into the 4th.. it made so sense to play him.
He sat out the whole 2nd half of the Philly game. Saw that on America's team
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #129
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
I think on paper it doesn't seem like Elway and Co invested that much into getting RB's after Ball. However, with having Manning at the helm and the previous history of finding talent in the lower rounds and UDFA I trust that Elway knows what he's doing.
I think that speaks volumes to what Elway thinks of Ball (he's made quotes to that effect) and the devalued runningback market in general.

I too, trust Elways opinion on the subject.
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #130
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
i know that, i am questioning that he sat for 8 quarters. Two full games
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #131
Ragnar
Solid Starter

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
i know that, i am questioning that he sat for 8 quarters. Two full games

http://taylorblitztimes.com/2011/07/...-hall-of-fame/

One year after the sporting press celebrated Barry Sanders rushing for 2,053 yards in í97, there was speculation that Terrell Davis could repeat that feat in 1998. Terrell Davis and his Broncos ran out to a 13-0 record and threatened the í72 Dolphins unbeaten streak but an upset by the Giants then the Dolphins relegated the AFC West champions to a 14-2 record. Davis ran for over 170 yards in the final game of the season to finish with 2,008 yards, 23 TDs and he was voted NFL Most Valuable Player in the process. His total was even more impressive than Eric Dickersonís, Barry Sanders or O.J. Simpsonís total for one reason: his 2,000 yard season came with his sitting out over 8 quarters in blowout wins. With his average per game divided out over a 14 game season his numbers project out to 2,294 yards and 26 TDs. Had that happened he would have broken Emmitt Smithís record of 25 TDs and Marshall Faulk never would have had the record in 2000. Keep in mind he attained all this while playing for a defending Super Bowl champion with a bullseye on their back for the entire season. Something the other 2,000 yard rushers didnít have to contend with.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #132
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
http://taylorblitztimes.com/2011/07/...-hall-of-fame/

One year after the sporting press celebrated Barry Sanders rushing for 2,053 yards in í97, there was speculation that Terrell Davis could repeat that feat in 1998. Terrell Davis and his Broncos ran out to a 13-0 record and threatened the í72 Dolphins unbeaten streak but an upset by the Giants then the Dolphins relegated the AFC West champions to a 14-2 record. Davis ran for over 170 yards in the final game of the season to finish with 2,008 yards, 23 TDs and he was voted NFL Most Valuable Player in the process. His total was even more impressive than Eric Dickersonís, Barry Sanders or O.J. Simpsonís total for one reason: his 2,000 yard season came with his sitting out over 8 quarters in blowout wins. With his average per game divided out over a 14 game season his numbers project out to 2,294 yards and 26 TDs. Had that happened he would have broken Emmitt Smithís record of 25 TDs and Marshall Faulk never would have had the record in 2000. Keep in mind he attained all this while playing for a defending Super Bowl champion with a bullseye on their back for the entire season. Something the other 2,000 yard rushers didnít have to contend with.
Thank you. I only questioned it because that is so amazing that it approaches the unbelievable.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #133
Ragnar
Solid Starter

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Not a problem. I remember being really worried that he wouldn't make 2000 yards because of all of his sitting out.

If he had only put up 2 more good seasons, we wouldn't have to gnash our teeth and wail that the most prolific Playoff RB in the history of the game isn't in the HOF. He'll be 70 years old by the time he gets in.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #134
Shananahan
Custom User Title

You can extrapolate those numbers in order to come to those conclusions, but don't forget that would also amount to 60 more carries, giving him 450 on the season.

Quite the workload right there.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:57 PM   #135
Ragnar
Solid Starter

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

True. LJ survived 450. TD would have too. Hind-sight being 20/20, it's not like it would have ruined his career or anything.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #136
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
LJ survived 450.
No, he didn't.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #137
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

The man is a POS but you have to appreciate what OJ did back in the day. An age where defenders could horse collar tackles, chop you, take you head off, etc. His over 2000 yard season also was delivered in a 14 game season with no bye week.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #138
Ragnar
Solid Starter

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
No, he didn't.
In 2006 he had 416 Touches for 1700+ yards, and 41 receptions for 400+ yards, 467 touches. This was over 16 games

In 2007 he had 336 touches for 1700+ yards and 30 receptions for 350 yards. He played all 16 games

It seems to me that he handled 450 touches and survived... When he was getting the ball he was still productive at 4.5 ypc in 2008, but his attitude and public beef with Herm Edwards causing him to be benched, and eventually suspended by Goodell.

In 2009 He spent more time suspended/beefing with the Chiefs.

In fact his Wiki doesn't mention injury at all, and I'd suggest that his public fued with the Chiefs and his primadonna attitude was the driver for his lack of production than anything else.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #139
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
In 2006 he had 416 Touches for 1700+ yards, and 41 receptions for 400+ yards, 467 touches. This was over 16 games

In 2007 he had 336 touches for 1700+ yards and 30 receptions for 350 yards. He played all 16 games

It seems to me that he handled 450 touches and survived... When he was getting the ball he was still productive at 4.5 ypc in 2008, but his attitude and public beef with Herm Edwards causing him to be benched, and eventually suspended by Goodell.

In 2009 He spent more time suspended/beefing with the Chiefs.

In fact his Wiki doesn't mention injury at all, and I'd suggest that his public fued with the Chiefs and his primadonna attitude was the driver for his lack of production than anything else.
WTF are you smoking? Almost none of this is true.

Larry Johnson played in only 8 games and had 559 yards (a WHOPPING 3.5 yards per carry) in 2007. He made it to week 9 against GB. After that, they had to try 5 different running backs and have been losing football games ever since.

http://www.nfl.com/player/larryjohnson/2505491/profile
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #140
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
WTF are you smoking? Almost none of this is true.

Larry Johnson played in only 8 games and had 559 yards (a WHOPPING 3.5 yards per carry) in 2007. He made it to week 9 against GB. After that, they had to try 5 different running backs and have been losing football games ever since.

http://www.nfl.com/player/larryjohnson/2505491/profile
He used the 2005 stats rather than 2007. I am assuming an honest mistake of looking down the column rather than up.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #141
Ragnar
Solid Starter

hate them chiefs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
He used the 2005 stats rather than 2007. I am assuming an honest mistake of looking down the column rather than up.
Shoot! My bad everybody. My bad.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #142
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Diaper Boy had 2 monster years and fell off the face of the NFL scene.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote