The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2014, 03:01 PM   #26
DenverDynamite
Seasoned Veteran

HORSE POWER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DeMarcus Ware

Shark attack is right up there with plane crash and volcanic eruption as the three things that scare the crap out of me.
DenverDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #27
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
Shark attack is right up there with plane crash and volcanic eruption as the three things that scare the crap out of me.
How do you feel about a shark, flying your plane, into a volcano?

HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #28
DenverDynamite
Seasoned Veteran

HORSE POWER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DeMarcus Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
How do you feel about a shark, flying your plane, into a volcano?

...yeah.
DenverDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #29
Bronco Yoda

Q: What kind of shark is always gambling?
A: A CARDSHARK
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #30
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Q: What kind of shark is always gambling?
A: A CARDSHARK
ugh....that was awesome
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #31
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:42 PM   #32
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Great whites are one of the few things that genuinely creep me out to look at.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #33
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Not only that, but they are one of the more aggressive shark species.
Yes. I guess it shows which of us watch Discovery Shark Week, hahaha.

My favorite shark is the Shortfin Mako. The Mako can burst at 45MPH but some scientists think the Shortfin Mako can burst up to 60MPH.

Damn thing is a torpedo with teeth.

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #34
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Yes. I guess it shows which of us watch Discovery Shark Week, hahaha.

My favorite shark is the Shortfin Mako. The Mako can burst at 45MPH but some scientists think the Shortfin Mako can burst up to 60MPH.

Damn thing is a torpedo with teeth.

Its the eyes. An apex predator with dead eyes.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #35
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

The guys on the pier hooked a shark and fought with it for a time. I am pretty sure that's illegal, they are supposed to cut it loose.

Edit: oops, just read the first post - instead of skimming it.

Last edited by DenverBroncosJM; 07-07-2014 at 10:58 PM..
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:55 PM   #36
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
The guys on the pier hooked a shark and fought with it for a time. I am pretty sure that's illegal, they are supposed to cut it loose.

Edit: oops, just read the first post - instead of skimming it.
That's why it's not really an issue to be swimming, surfing and what not near the pier. They can fish all they want, but I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to hook and real in a shark, for that reason right there. They don't want to be luring sharks close to the beaches if at all possible, especially upset sharks that are fighting a hook. Those idiots should have been fined and maybe even some serious community service since somebody got injured because of them. Now you do take a risk IMO when swimming near the pear because they are allowed to use bait and anything can swim on in and go for it, but yeah, they're supposed to cut the line once they know they have a shark, and they didn't do that. If anything, at least take their fishing license away. Pricks like that don't deserve to have one.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:29 AM   #37
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
so the shark was hooked and while hooked, bit a swimmer, is that what's going on here?

Frankly, I understand where the guys laughing are coming from. It's poor form to laugh at someone being bit, but it's also poor form to swim where people are actively fishing - i.e. an activity whereby they dangle pieces of bloody flesh (aka bait) from a sharpened, barbed hook with the purposeful intent of attracting carnivores.
Apparently you've never been surfing. Shooting the pier is one of the funnest things you could ever do.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #38
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
Apparently you've never been surfing. Shooting the pier is one of the funnest things you could ever do.
I never have.

I used to fish in the Atlantic quite a bit and am sympathetic to fisherman who don't really have ability to go somewhere else - if they want to fish, it's the pier or no where else. It's a damn big ocean - why do people have to swim right where they have hooks in the water?

1. swimming where people are fishing is rude - you are scaring the fish away.
2. it's dangerous. You are recreating where there are sharpened hooks floating in the water.
3. wherever there is bait in the water and/or fish struggling on a line, there is potential for shark. I can't tell you how many times I've had a good strike and the line suddenly goes slack...reel in, and there's only 1/2 of a fish on the hook.

IMO, swimming where people are actively fishing (in salt water) is about the same as hiking in the woods wearing cammo during hunting season. Yeah it would suck if you are mistaken for a deer and accidentally shot and shame on the hunter for that, but shouldn't people be smart enough to not be in that area to start with?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #39
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I never have.

I used to fish in the Atlantic quite a bit and am sympathetic to fisherman who don't really have ability to go somewhere else - if they want to fish, it's the pier or no where else. It's a damn big ocean - why do people have to swim right where they have hooks in the water?

1. swimming where people are fishing is rude - you are scaring the fish away.
2. it's dangerous. You are recreating where there are sharpened hooks floating in the water.
3. wherever there is bait in the water and/or fish struggling on a line, there is potential for shark. I can't tell you how many times I've had a good strike and the line suddenly goes slack...reel in, and there's only 1/2 of a fish on the hook.

IMO, swimming where people are actively fishing (in salt water) is about the same as hiking in the woods wearing cammo during hunting season. Yeah it would suck if you are mistaken for a deer and accidentally shot and shame on the hunter for that, but shouldn't people be smart enough to not be in that area to start with?
Next to a pier, sure, but I completely disagree when it comes to beach fishers. Nothing pisses me off more when I'm at the beach than the guy who just walks out 10 feet into the water on a crowded beach and casts off then gives kids the stink eye for getting within the range of his line.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #40
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Next to a pier, sure, but I completely disagree when it comes to beach fishers. Nothing pisses me off more when I'm at the beach than the guy who just walks out 10 feet into the water on a crowded beach and casts off then gives kids the stink eye for getting within the range of his line.
yeah, that's un-called for. like I said - it's a big ocean. If you are going to fish from the beach, find a beach that isn't crowded or do your fishing before anyone is there.

The pier is a different story - there are only so many piers around, and frankly, part of the point of a pier is to get you further out and away from the beach swimmers.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #41
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

They know who the fisherman was. I guess he spoke with police and has not been cited for anything as of yet. He claims they did not know it was a great white until it was close enough in that they could tell. And by that time, they saw the swimmers and decided they didn't want to cut the line at that moment because they feared the shark would head for a nearby swimmer.

Whatever buddy. I'm pretty certain laughing isn't a way of showing concern that the shark might bite somebody if you cut the line too soon. Yeah great, once you heard the screams, you cut the line and then warned other swimmers in the area. I wish they would have asked him about the laughing part.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...265927001.html