The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #26
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlenís Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Haven't seen it yet but I'll check it out since you said it was pretty good.

A series I have really enjoyed the past 2 years is Hannibal. I was not expecting it to be so well written. The dialog was impressive. Sure you have your death and gore but the show really takes dark and creepy to a very high intellect and you are left feeling intrigued rather then disgusted. Season 2 just ended a month ago and it was absolutely sensational. They nailed the cast dead on (no pun intended).
Yup, that and The Americans are atop my watch list for the summer. My fav tv critic, Alan Sepinwall, loves those two.

Right now, Iím on my second run of The Wire. But also reading David Simonís The Corner (inspiration for the show) at the same time. Incredible stuff.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #27
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
he and the other guy were the other two guys around the girl when she died. the guy who is still alive asks the other guy if he did it. that guy says no and then kills himself, at which point the third guy dumps him in the river.
Third guy? Are you including Daniel in this? And the "third guy" was one of the two guys talking, he doesn't dump the body in the river until several days (and episodes) after the suicide. What is his motivation for doing that if the dead guy killed her? There is no way the show has point blank revealed the killer... in fact it hasn't even let Daniel off the hook. He was trippin' on shrooms and isn't clear what happened. There is absolutely a mystery surrounding what happened if you are watching the same show I am...
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #28
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
What is his motivation for doing that if the dead guy killed her?
because the third guy's original testimony doesn't looks so great if it turns out his friend killed himself the day Daniel got out of jail. what's his motivation to dump the body if that guy didn't kill her?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #29
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
because the third guy's original testimony doesn't looks so great if it turns out his friend killed himself the day Daniel got out of jail. what's his motivation to dump the body if that guy didn't kill her?
The guys names are George and Trey... had to look it up to make it less confusing. George killed himself and Trey is covering it up. Trey didn't go looking for George until the Sheriff came around asking questions. Obviously another reason Trey would have for covering it up is if Trey killed her. Frankly he's a more obvious suspect than George, but they both are. I guarantee you are the only one watching this show who doesn't think there is a mystery...
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #30
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
Yup, that and The Americans are atop my watch list for the summer. My fav tv critic, Alan Sepinwall, loves those two.

Right now, Iím on my second run of The Wire. But also reading David Simonís The Corner (inspiration for the show) at the same time. Incredible stuff.
I've watched both the Wire and the Corner. Great stuff. Hey, I've got a great show you should see. It was a mini series from 2005 that was on Showtime, called THE SLEEPER CELL. It was a damn good show. I really wish they would have turned that into a multiple season series. It was that good.

Edit: Well I guess there were 2 seasons of Sleeper Cell.

Last edited by ZONA; 06-23-2014 at 09:17 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #31
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlenís Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I've watched both the Wire and the Corner. Great stuff. Hey, I've got a great show you should see. It was a mini series from 2005 that was on Showtime, called THE SLEEPER CELL. It was a damn good show. I really wish they would have turned that into a multiple season series. It was that good.

Edit: Well I guess there were 2 seasons of Sleeper Cell.
Added to my list, thanks.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:34 PM   #32
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Added to my list, thanks.
I just got seasons 1 & 2 of The Americans. Gonna start watching tonight. Looks good, totally excited. Thanks for the headsup
Old 06-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #33
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlenís Legacy

Sure sure FYI Season One suppose to be solid but season two off the hook.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:41 PM   #34
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Boss, Life and Luther are very good shows as well.
I still think Life is Damian Lewis' best role.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:52 PM   #35
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Sure sure FYI Season One suppose to be solid but season two off the hook.
Well I just finished 1st episode season 1 The Americans. Pretty damn good I must say.

I have to say between this from what I've seen so far and after 2 seasons of Hannibal, I think non-premium TV is closing the gap. Of course there limitations and they can only show so much, but it's getting better.

Let me know how you like Sleeper Cell. After watching season 1 of the American's, I think I'll go back and watch Sleeper Cell again. It's been like 7 years so I'm sure it will feel somewhat new again when I watch it.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:43 PM   #36
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

I'm through 7 episodes now on The American's. This is a fantastic show.