The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #26
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Seattle did everything the could to keep the Broncos out of their groove. Just because the Broncos gave them help, doesn't diminish that Seattle was at the top of their game.

If Gase's argument is 5 times out of 10 we beat that team, and one of those times we get completely humiliated - well, sure. Maybe. But you get to play them again this year, how about just, you know, shutting up and letting your play in that game do the talking.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:59 PM   #27
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Pleeeease, Broncos lost the Super Bowl far more than the Seahawks won it. The proof ... just examine the 18 games leading up to the Super Bowl. You can forget about Peyton throwing MORE Ints than TDs in a game. In fact, forget the idea he even threw the same number of TDs and Ints in any game:
  1. Manning threw more td's than Ints in ALL 18 games - Super Bowl: 1 TD 2 Int
  2. Offense scored in ALL 36 halfs, lowest was 7 and 10 (twice each) Super Bowl: 0 first half, 8 second

The night-and-day difference between each and every of the 18 games preceding it, and the Super Bowl itself, simply cannot be explained by pointing to the Seahawks defense. Especially in light of the four bulleted points in my previous post. Call it a "bad day," call it a karma, their horoscope, call it a choke if you must. But don't pretend the Seahawks defense was some kind of legendary buzzsaw, destined to slice up the greatest offense in football history, when and wherever they might have met. It's insulting.
Coaching is the key my friend. I'm not a Carroll fan but he is absolutely the difference. The Broncos got their asses handed to them by a team who wanted it more. IMHO, that starts with the coaching staff. When Manning is struggling and the friggen defense can't get off the field on 3rd down, the coaching staff needs to step up and provide solutions.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:22 PM   #28
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsRule View Post
Well, when you S#$t the bed that bad, on the world's biggest stage, you're probably going to get insulted.

...and you have it coming.
That's the funny thing with this loss. I haven't had anyone say anything derogatory about the Broncos to me and haven't had to hear any smack. Bronco fans weren't the only ones shocked by the loss. In fact I hear more crap about the Seahawks than the Broncos. And people love to give me **** about the Broncos. I've taken it for years. But not this time. Weird.

That's not me saying the Seahawks didn't earn that win either. I'm one who believes they did, with a little help from the Broncos.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #29
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Coaching is the key my friend. I'm not a Carroll fan but he is absolutely the difference. The Broncos got their asses handed to them by a team who wanted it more. IMHO, that starts with the coaching staff. When Manning is struggling and the friggen defense can't get off the field on 3rd down, the coaching staff needs to step up and provide solutions.
I agree the Broncos were not ready for the SB and Seattle was big time.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:24 PM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It was a weird Superbowl who knows what it was all about. From the first snap Broncos looked overmatched.

Our oline got pushed around and we lost.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #31
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASurfer View Post
A whole lot of people are just taking Gase's words the wrong way.

He said he made bad playcalls and we were outplayed (executed). That's pretty much getting defeated on every level. Even the Seahawk players have been saying themselves they don't get out of their base stuff a lot.

Even when you're getting your ass kicked sometimes you can just see it coming.
Yes, the playcalling was bad, they didn't do anything to exploit the pass rush and when they did call a screen they were ready for it.

Thing is if we had at least Von Miller our D may have been able to get off the field and keep it a game at the half, which if you think about it, it was still a game with our O.

When it comes down to it the D and Turnovers hurt the worst. Manning did get them moving at times but when you turn it over and don't convert on 4th downs your not going to score a lot of points.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:42 PM   #32
TD4HOF
Rehabbed Lurker

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Special Teams

Plus the Broncos were completely surprised by the crowd noise. Everyone was. It went from a neutral site game to holy smokes we’re fighting tigers in the Coliseum in a flash.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #33
TD4HOF
Rehabbed Lurker

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
What?! When, where?

They won, fair and square, they were the better team. But they did it in calm, stand your ground and don't screw up style, not in "thundering magnificence from above" style. The interceptors looked like punt returners waiting on kicks ... Malcolm Smith almost signaled for a fair catch.
Sorry, I know you live in Seattle and had to deal with the double whammy there but no, just no. They were amped up as much as you can get without losing control AND played super smart. They beat us more than we lost. Not that there’s a lot to dissect about our losing. But that was as good a football game as a team can play.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #34
Shananahan
Custom User Title

The 'Pleeeease, Broncos lost the Super Bowl far more than the Seahawks won it' line is just painfully, pathetically hilarious, though.

Maybe those posts are jokes.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:51 AM   #35
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We had a bad game, but it wouldn't have mattered even if we didn't.
Of course it would've mattered. Even if we don't have a bad game and still lose, I guarantee you it would've felt massively better. Losing 35-30 (or whatever) would've been far better than getting humiliated once again in a Super Bowl.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:55 AM   #36
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
The 'Pleeeease, Broncos lost the Super Bowl far more than the Seahawks won it' line is just painfully, pathetically hilarious, though.

Maybe those posts are jokes.
No, what's hilarious is the utter ignorance that people show when they say anything other than that. Seattle beat the Broncos far more thoroughly than they beat the Jacksonville Jaguars for ****'s sake! If you think the final score wasn't vastly more about the Broncos choking than the Seahawks playing great you don't know much about football.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #37
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
No, what's hilarious is the utter ignorance that people show when they say anything other than that. Seattle beat the Broncos far more thoroughly than they beat the Jacksonville Jaguars for ****'s sake! If you think the final score wasn't vastly more about the Broncos choking than the Seahawks playing great you don't know much about football.
Yeah at some point though you have to say it is what it is. Excuses and would of beens only go so far. Seattle was the better team and they showed they were that day.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #38
uplink
Ring of Famer

I watched the SB and though that Denver didn't win a single down for the longest time. Maybe into the 3rd quarter. It seemed worse than all the SB losses apart from he 49ers loss (which was expected).
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #39
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If you think the final score wasn't vastly more about the Broncos choking than the Seahawks playing great you don't know much about football.
Dude, they kicked our ass. If you're in a fight and you're letting that person kick your ass, he is still kicking your ass.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #40
DenverDynamite
Seasoned Veteran

HORSE POWER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I didn't recognize our offense at all that night. Something was very off. Credit Seattle, but, Denver handed them a lot of points.

That said, I am amazed at how many Seattle fans there are out there. I swore, I'd never even seen a Seattle jersey in person until February.
DenverDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #41
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Dude, they kicked our ass. If you're in a fight and you're letting that person kick your ass, he is still kicking your ass.
Maybe the best description of the game that I have read yet.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:29 PM   #42
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I agree the Broncos were not ready for the SB and Seattle was big time.
Then why are you getting on my ass on the OTA thread, a-hole? STFU over there since you're saying the same here as I am on the OTA thread.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #43
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Maybe the best description of the game that I have read yet.
See my post above, Rabb. Why are you getting on my ass in the OTA thread when you agree here with my assessment there? a-hole.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #44
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Well, it's good to see you're only sissies on the OTA thread.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #45
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Then why are you getting on my ass on the OTA thread, a-hole? STFU over there since you're saying the same here as I am on the OTA thread.

Difference is I'm not letting it ruin my life. It was a great season with a really disappointing game at the end.

Looking forward to the new season, how about you?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #46
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

Seattle just repeated their preseason trouncing. Super bowl was just deja vu.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #47
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

it is what it alyways was..BS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
1st thing I have read from you that I can totally agree with..
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote