The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #51
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He's really only "unhinged" about one issue, and that's Sarah Palin. And even then, he's mostly correct about her. But he's far, far more fair and reasonable that you're giving him credit for. He admits when he's wrong, posts opposing viewpoints, and posts dissents from both readers and other journalists/pundits he has disagreements with. Yes, he can certainly be accused of giving Obama too much benefit of the doubt, but he explains in detail when and why he does, and he also slams Obama on occasion and often expresses doubts and concerns about him. I could show you multiple examples of all of these things but it's really not worth my time. And frankly, neither are you.
So you had no problem with the whole "Daschle got an Anthrax birthday card, let's nuke Iraq" thing I guess.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #52
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,119

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I've gone over it before. Probably not worth going through it all again.

Nutshell version.

Liberals tend to believe in a kind of perfectablity (relative) of mankind that needs to be brought into practice by "progress" They tend to believe that mankind's problems are related to the system he's subjected himself to. Not because of any 'nature of the beast' so to speak.

Conservatives tend to believe that mankind has inherent corruptions that need to be constrained. In a classical liberal democracy the primary constraints are individual liberty and rule of law. Which is why progressive (and especially collectivist) solutions tend to be viewed with immediate suspicion.
That's it? Really?

Forget Liberalism, just define Conservatism as you see it, it has to mean more to you than 'constraints.'

How about naming 'true conservatives' by your definition....past, and god help us, present.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #53
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
That's it? Really?

Forget Liberalism, just define Conservatism as you see it, it has to mean more to you than 'constraints.'

How about naming 'true conservatives' by your definition....past, and god help us, present.
I've been in this pointless argument before...

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3937664

if you really want to know. There's no point in laundry listing litmus test current-events issues for you. No root human ideology can be defined that way.

I could name politicians, but you'll inevitably find something political that they've done to provide the exception (that proves the rule) Almost hate to say it, but Rand Paul is probably the closest I could name to someone who best reflects my own personal priorities in Congress. But that is far from consistent, so please don't checklist me with whatever it is Rand believes on 101 different issues.

If I could name any one guy that I tend to agree with 95% of the time I read him, I'd probably lean towards Jonah Goldberg.

But he has his biases. As do you or I.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 06-23-2014 at 02:14 PM..
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #54
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,119

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I've been in this pointless argument before...

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3937664

if you really want to know. There's no point in laundry listing litmus test current-events issues for you. No root human ideology can be defined that way.

I could name politicians, but you'll inevitably find something political that they've done to provide the exception (that proves the rule) Almost hate to say it, but Rand Paul is probably the closest I could name to someone who best reflects my own personal priorities in Congress. But that is far from consistent, so please don't checklist me with whatever it is Rand believes on 101 different issues.

If I could name any one guy that I tend to agree with 95% of the time I read him, I'd probably lean towards Jonah Goldberg.

But he has his biases. As do you or I.
There's no argument, I'm curious as to what YOU think 'Conservative' means.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:46 PM   #55
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
There's no argument, I'm curious as to what YOU think 'Conservative' means.
Read what I posted before. If you have questions, have at it.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:57 AM   #56
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 56,655
Default

Despite claims that Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is not a ''target'' in the state's criminal campaign finance probe, newly-released documents demonstrate that prosecutors are indeed looking at his potentially criminal activity.

New Documents Undermine Walker Statements on Criminal Probe

Despite claims that Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is not a "target" in the state's criminal campaign finance probe, newly-released documents demonstrate that prosecutors are indeed looking at potentially criminal activity by the first-term governor and 2016 presidential hopeful.

The latest round of documents released in Wisconsin's "John Doe" investigation shine new light on the stalled inquiry into alleged illegal coordination between Walker’s campaign and outside political groups like Wisconsin Club for Growth (WiCFG) during the 2011-2012 recall elections.

The documents show that Walker made personal appeals to out-of-state billionaires and millionaires to raise funds for WiCFG -- which spent $9.1 million on the recalls and acted as a "hub" for funneling millions more to other groups -- and evidence indicates that his campaign also worked with WiCFG on how those funds were spent.


Full article: http://truth-out.org/news/item/25943...criminal-probe
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #57
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,621
Default

Conservatism to righties now means:

spending like a drunken sailor when a rightie is prez
crying chicken little about the debt when a dem is prez
fighting them evil gays
war!
shutting down the evil gubmint
guns for everyone!
saying No!
No food for you slacker!
Blame the illegals!
Blame the blacks!
Jesus wants you to get a job!
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #58
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Kicking and Screaming

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Conservatism to righties now means:

spending like a drunken sailor when a rightie is prez
crying chicken little about the debt when a dem is prez
fighting them evil gays
war!
shutting down the evil gubmint
guns for everyone!
saying No!
No food for you slacker!
Blame the illegals!
Blame the blacks!
Jesus wants you to get a job!
And don't forget, destroying the environment in the name of corporate "freedom." Oh, and turning back the clock on science, replacing it with superstition.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #59
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
And don't forget, destroying the environment in the name of corporate "freedom." Oh, and turning back the clock on science, replacing it with superstition.
We prefer to call it "Environmental Keynesianism"

Just FYI.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:03 PM   #60
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 56,655
Default

April 2015

It's time for your...

Evil GOP Bastard of the Month

Panderer, Crook, Kochroach & GOP Presidential Candidate
Gov. Scott Walker R-WI



Why has Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker become so popular among the Republican base? It's not due to his charisma, foreign policy expertise or economic success achieved in his state, because he can claim none of those virtues.

In fact, due to Walker's policies, Wisconsin is among the worst states in the nation for job creation -- the result of radical policies enacted by Walker's compliant Republican majority in the Wisconsin legislature and a hyper-partisan Republican judiciary that has embraced a "see no evil" approach to Republican malfeasance.

This situation has been particularly appalling for a state formerly known for good, progressive governance.

Wisconsin's Government Accountability Board was a national bipartisan model for the enforcement of ethics, campaign finance and election laws. But Wisconsin Republicans are now attempting to cut the GAB's funding and install partisan members of the board to shield Walker from the ongoing John Doe investigations that have followed him since his days as a Milwaukee County executive, and more recently, for campaign irregularities during his recall election. The only trait Republicans can possibly find appealing about Walker is his sleaziness. MORE
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:10 AM   #61
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 56,655
Default

FINALLY!



Wisconsin Republicans Turning Against Scott Walker? Oh, Yeah!

No, this is not a late April Fools Day post even though it seems like one.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:16 AM   #62
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
FINALLY!



Wisconsin Republicans Turning Against Scott Walker? Oh, Yeah!

No, this is not a late April Fools Day post even though it seems like one.
A fitting continuation of the epic failure of this thread.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:50 AM   #63
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 56,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
A fitting continuation of the epic failure of this thread.
I know you're probably a Ted Cruz man (since Palin hasn't indicated she's running) but no love at all for your boy Walker?

Wow.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:11 AM   #64
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
I know you're probably a Ted Cruz man (since Palin hasn't indicated she's running) but no love at all for your boy Walker?

Wow.
Walker's rough around the edges, but I haven't written him off yet.

It's watching you hamster-wheel this completely self-destructive thread in an attempt to maintain its (long evaporated) credibility that I'm enjoying.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:28 AM   #65
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 5,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
You regressives certainly love to say things that have no basis in reality.

I guess all that matters is that these unfounded assertions sound cute and/or make you feel good.
Speaking of unfounded assertions, has Walker been charged with anything yet?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...290554871.html

Looks like more of Wisconsin's John Doe laws are getting thrown aside as your heroes stretch them further and further.

Seemed like it was pretty big news, but you never posted anything about it here. Wonder why. Cute license plate though. Good work.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:41 AM   #66
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 56,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Walker's rough around the edges, but I haven't written him off yet.
That's more like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It's watching you hamster-wheel this completely self-destructive thread in an attempt to maintain its (long evaporated) credibility that I'm enjoying.
How has the thread "lost credibility?"

Are the investigations into Walker's crimes not still ongoing?
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:12 AM   #67
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 56,655
Default

This guy has no shame.



Wisconsin Taxpayers are Subsidizing Scott Walker's Presidential Bid

When it comes to lavish travel in a presidential bid, the taxpayer treasure chest provides plenty.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Denver Broncos