The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Default The Border Crisis

Either there is no thread yet on the current events down on the border (which I would find shocking) or it is poorly titled. I couldn't find it, so I'll place this here.

Quote:
DHS on Border Crisis: We Will 'Act in Best Interest of the Child'

Thousands of minors who entered the country illegally are flooding the U.S.-Mexico border and overwhelming federal resources. During a press conference on Thursday, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson implied that many of the foreign children will remain in the U.S. The secretary said that President Obama's Health and Human Services (HHS) will first and foremost use resources to act in the best interest of each child.

Johnson said that 24,000 unaccompanied children crossed the border last year--by May, 2014, that number had already doubled to 47,000...

Quote:
Border Patrol officials struggling to keep up with the increasing number of minors illegally crossing the Mexican border are not turning away persons with known gang affiliations. Chris Cabrera, vice president of the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley, explained that a Border Patrol agent he represents helped reunite a teenage gang member with his family in the United States. Cabrera notes the young member of Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13), a transnational criminal gang, had no criminal record in the U.S., but asks, “If he’s a confirmed gang member in his own country, why are we letting him in here?”

“I’ve heard people come in and say, ‘You’re going to let me go, just like you let my mother go, just like you let my sister go. You’re going to let me go as well, and the government’s going to take care of us,’” Cabrera says. “Until we start mandatory detentions, mandatory removals, I don’t think anything is going to change. As a matter of fact, I think it’s going to get worse..."

— Ryan Lovelace is a William F. Buckley Fellow at the National Review Institute.

Teenage Latin Border Horde | National Review Online
Quote:
In Texas' Rio Grande Valley, a seemingly endless surge of immigrants
The Rio Grande Valley has become ground zero for an unprecedented surge in families and unaccompanied children flooding across the Southwest border, creating what the Obama administration is calling a humanitarian crisis as border officials struggle to accommodate new detainees. Largely from Central America, they are now arriving at a rate of more than 35,000 a month...

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...ry.html#page=1
Quote:
Obama Admin Forbids Lawmakers From Taking Photos Of Illegal Immigrant Facility
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is welcoming members of Congress and their senior staff to tour a temporary shelter being used to house illegal immigrant children — but the invite comes with a list of rules, including a suggestion that members leave their cellphones in their vehicles...
http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/12/ch...tons-of-rules/

Last edited by El Guapo; 06-14-2014 at 10:33 AM..
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

BO, the biggest cockroach the WH has ever seen. He's seriously the worst president since Nixon. The problem is watergate pales in comparison to BO's administration of corruption and lies.

I so wish that the same reporters who exposed Nixon where here today to expose BO and his staff's policies.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
Kevin8Nine
Kevin Ate Nine

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The fact that congress has been invited to come tour the facility, but are not allowed to bring in their cell phones is a very bad sign that it is very ugly and messy. I think the omane is actually on to something here. We caught this at a very early stage while the government is still trying to keep this hush hush and trying to decide what to do with the situation.
Kevin8Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Freedom of the press. Unless the Obama regime doesn't like it. Then no cameras allowed.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Combine NAFTA with a rising unemployment rate and a drought that has reduced Mexico's agricultural output by 40% and you have the makings of a perfect storm.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #6
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

But our borders are so secure. If today is like any other lately, tend of thousands will cross the border by the end of the day. And nobody knows a thing who these people are or affiliated with.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Pretty sure folks in power are encouraging this. When you don't enforce laws, things like this happen. Not that Barry O cares. If they flood the boarder, crash the system they can force feed their immigration reform of choice most likely.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Pretty sure folks in power are encouraging this. When you don't enforce laws, things like this happen. Not that Barry O cares. If they flood the boarder, crash the system they can force feed their immigration reform of choice most likely.
Our southern border could not be secured by the entire U.S. Army. It's too large. Too vast. To suggest that it could is just talking points created for political hackery.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #9
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Funny how the head of DHS traveled down to Texas this week after Rick Perry announced that if the Gov't wouldn't police it then the state would.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote