The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #1
TD4HOF
Ring of Famer

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy
Default Peyton Terrifying Rooks On The Links

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/bad-new...j_nview_latest

He's ours. *wipes a manly tear from my cheek*
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #2
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Pretty good stuff. Tony Romo is probably the best golfer in the NFL but I'm glad we have a QB that is the best on the field.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I have a feeling I would hate Manning outside of the football field.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sure as heck didn't scare the Seahawks defense on the football field....
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
, yeah. I hate golf
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #6
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
I don't know, he seems like he'd be pretty cool to hang out with generally.

I'd hate to be a co-worker of his hanging outside of work though. Always annoyed by the people who would constantly talk about work when you are at the bar.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #7
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Manning's first task was to fix Latimer's admittedly brutal swing. First he tweaked the placement of his feet, then adjusted the position of the ball in relation to his feet. Finally, Manning noticed a curve in Latimer's swing so severe that he made Latimer turn a full 90 degrees from a normal swing position (imagine standing with your back to the direction to want the ball to go in). The shift allowed Latimer's backward-looking shots to sail smoothly down the fairway. "All of the sudden I'm hitting it close to the hole," Latimer said.
I don't really care for golf, but tried to play it years ago when I worked as a bartender at a golf resort. At the end of every golf season, the instructor would open up group lessons for free for employees. I took a couple of them and my swing looks nothing like a golf swing, but I could hit the ball straight. So I can sympathize with Latimer, and Peyton has a second career as a amateur golf instructor.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #8
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
I got a feeling Decker felt that way.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Sure as heck didn't scare the Seahawks defense on the football field....
And your point would be? Yeah, we get it already. He had a bad game. It sucks but it happens. The only thing we can do now is look ahead and try again.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #10
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
, yeah. I hate golf

I love golf, but just the nitpicking of what I am doing off the field, I could see it bugging me.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #11
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I love me some Peyton Manning.

It's amazing how guys like Elway and Manning raise the level of play of everyone they play with. I've always been fascinated by guys who are the consistent thread with a winning franchise, while literally every other player on the team comes and goes. You hear anecdotes about Peyton Manning, and you start to get a pretty good picture of how it happens. Even the guys that see him every day for years - who really develop a comfort zone with him - they seem to act almost nervous around him. They don't want to fail in his presence - at anything.

It makes you, as a fan, almost want to stop time! I remember watching Elway during his first few seasons, when I was a kid. I already started thinking, with a sense of dread, about how his career would someday be over. And while everything else in life seemed to pass in normal time, his career seemed like it lasted about five years. People think I'm joking when I tell them about how, at the end of the 80's, when I was trying to decide if I wanted to serve a Mormon mission, one of the main things I listed on the "con" side on my pro/con list was, "Missing two years of John Elway's prime!"

As the season went on last year, I found myself repeatedly telling my 15-year-old son to relish this experience - so try and absorb every minute of it. For a football fan (especially as a fan of the team for which Peyton Manning plays), it's artistry, in its purist form.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #12
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I love me some Peyton Manning.

It's amazing how guys like Elway and Manning raise the level of play of everyone they play with. I've always been fascinated by guys who are the consistent thread with a winning franchise, while literally every other player on the team comes and goes. You hear anecdotes about Peyton Manning, and you start to get a pretty good picture of how it happens. Even the guys that see him every day for years - who really develop a comfort zone with him - they seem to act almost nervous around him. They don't want to fail in his presence - at anything.

It makes you, as a fan, almost want to stop time! I remember watching Elway during his first few seasons, when I was a kid. I already started thinking, with a sense of dread, about how his career would someday be over. And while everything else in life seemed to pass in normal time, his career seemed like it lasted about five years. People think I'm joking when I tell them about how, at the end of the 80's, when I was trying to decide if I wanted to serve a Mormon mission, one of the main things I listed on the "con" side on my pro/con list was, "Missing two years of John Elway's prime!"

As the season went on last year, I found myself repeatedly telling my 15-year-old son to relish this experience - so try and absorb every minute of it. For a football fan (especially as a fan of the team for which Peyton Manning plays), it's artistry, in its purist form.
And this is why I just re-upped my NFL Rewind subscription. I am going to go back and watch every single game from last season again just so I can soak it all in another time.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #13
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
And this is why I just re-upped my NFL Rewind subscription. I am going to go back and watch every single game from last season again just so I can soak it all in another time.
Every single one?
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #14
TD4HOF
Ring of Famer

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Quote:
I can dig this. Tough pill to swallow at the finish, but what a season! Some franchises go half a century without a single season like that.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:33 AM   #15
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Every single one?
Ok. I confess. Not the last one.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #16
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Quote:
Ok. I confess. Not the last one.
I've rewatched the original broadcast of the SB once and watched the coaches film twice. I was just trying to figure out what went wrong (from my point of view anyway). What I found is that it's easier to go through and identify what went right.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #17
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
And your point would be? Yeah, we get it already. He had a bad game. It sucks but it happens. The only thing we can do now is look ahead and try again.
Manning and that team shoud be reminded of that dumpster fire everyday, all day, twice on practice days. I haven't fogotten, neither has Elway
Old 06-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #18
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by randerson1184 View Post
I've rewatched the original broadcast of the SB once and watched the coaches film twice. I was just trying to figure out what went wrong (from my point of view anyway). What I found is that it's easier to go through and identify what went right.
You are infinitely better than me brother. I stopped watching at half time on the day of the game and haven't seen a second of it since. Read about some stuff, but I just can't.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #19
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by randerson1184 View Post
One team wanted it and focused on intimidating and dominating. the other, well, you saw the game no need pile it on.

I still get a fire in my belly when I think about it- it shouldn't still piss me off, but it does... maybe I could take over for Fox this year- I don't have the football acumen, but I bet I have twice the desire. Can't stand that dick head.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #20
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
You are infinitely better than me brother. I stopped watching at half time on the day of the game and haven't seen a second of it since. Read about some stuff, but I just can't.
Same here only difference is I watched every painful second of the SB.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote