The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #76
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post

The moral question remains -- the fact that the US stood aside and allowed the Nazis and Russians to duke it out -- destroying one another.
PCR is right on. Brit and others like him are worse than stupid -- they are fools. MHG
You really need to read history instead of quoting Stalin's paranoia.

Troofers like you and PCR are nothing more than delusional con men who attempt to rewrite history to support your warped agenda's.

I would give you a reading list, but I see you prefer Stalin's and Hitler's henchman's versions.

You probably have no idea which revisionist author suggested the allies delayed the second front to allow the Soviets and Germans reduce each others capabilities.
It was published in the eighties and torn apart by military historians for ignoring reality; the state of allied preparedness, equipment, planning, capabilities etc. It was Walter S. Dunn Jr.'s Second Front Now.

Gaffney, you've proven yourself a serial ignoramus where history is concerned. Nothing has changed.

Edit: For those interested, WW2History.com has a brief but informative interview on this very topic, with war historian, Andrew Roberts.

http://ww2history.com/experts/Andrew_Roberts/D_Day

Last edited by DenverBrit; 06-09-2014 at 03:48 PM..
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #77
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The 1939 non aggression pact between Hitler and Stalin (which enabled both to carve up Poland) ceased to exist when Hitler launched operation Barbarossa in 1941 -- one of the most massive invasions in history.
The Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact did more than "carve up Poland".
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #78
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
The Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact did more than "carve up Poland".
You stupid moron. As I pointed out, Hitler unilaterally canceled the non-aggression pact when he invaded the USSR in June 1941.

You evidently slept through your required history 101 while in college.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:17 PM   #79
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
You really need to read history instead of quoting Stalin's paranoia.

Troofers like you and PCR are nothing more than delusional con men who attempt to rewrite history to support your warped agenda's.

I would give you a reading list, but I see you prefer Stalin's and Hitler's henchman's versions.

You probably have no idea which revisionist author suggested the allies delayed the second front to allow the Soviets and Germans reduce each others capabilities.
It was published in the eighties and torn apart by military historians for ignoring reality; the state of allied preparedness, equipment, planning, capabilities etc. It was Walter S. Dunn Jr.'s Second Front Now.

Gaffney, you've proven yourself a serial ignoramus where history is concerned. Nothing has changed.

Edit: For those interested, WW2History.com has a brief but informative interview on this very topic, with war historian, Andrew Roberts.

http://ww2history.com/experts/Andrew_Roberts/D_Day
All you know how to do is attack the messenger's patriotism -- because you can't handle the message.

Same old story.

It wasn't just WW II. We did it again during the Iran-Iraq War in the 1980s -- armed both sides while they destroyed one another.

No surprise that you cannot fathom the moral quandary -- being an amoral nihilist like W*gs.
MHG
Old 06-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #80
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
All you know how to do is attack the messenger's patriotism -- because you can't handle the message.

Same old story.

It wasn't just WW II. We did it again during the Iran-Iraq War in the 1980s -- armed both sides while they destroyed one another.

No surprise that you cannot fathom the moral quandary -- being an amoral nihilist like W*gs.
MHG
Your message came straight from the mouth of Stalin, you ignore all other sources.
By belittling the facts in favor of propaganda, you attack your own 'patriotism.'

Something you do daily with your anti American rants.

Try debating the topic with historical context and factual reference, not troofer nonsense. Go ahead, try it.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #81
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Your message came straight from the mouth of Stalin, you ignore all other sources.
By belittling the facts in favor of propaganda, you attack your own 'patriotism.'

Something you do daily with your anti American rants.

Try debating the topic with historical context and factual reference, not troofer nonsense. Go ahead, try it.
Stupidity transcends patriotism -- as Brit amply shows. No doubt, Brit is too young to have any historical connection to WWII. In this he is typical of most Americans -- including our president. Obama is too young to recall - and the same is true of his speechwriters.

In a real debate Brit and those of his ilk would find themselves a laughing stock -- because all serious scholarship agrees that WW II was won on the eastern front by the Red army. The US and UK invasion of Normandy was fiercely fought -- but compared to the eastern front was hardly more than a mop up operation.

In his latest PCR points out that some scholars argue that the turning point of WW II was not even Stalingrad - but the battle of Moscow in late 1941 - in which the Nazi drive fell short as winter set in that first year. By holding the Nazis to a draw -- the Russians won a major victory -- at huge cost.

Brit and the other ignorant Americans would do well to brush up on their history. PCR's latest is a medicinal pill for their historical disease. MHG

World War II: The Unknown War
By Paul Craig Roberts

In my June 6 column, “The Lies Grow More Audacious,” I mentioned that Obama and the British prime minister, who Obama has as a lap dog, just as George Bush had Tony Blair as lap dog, had managed to celebrate the defeat of Nazi Germany at the 70th anniversary of the Normandy invasion without mentioning the Russians.

I pointed out the fact, well known to historians and educated people, that the Red Army defeated Nazi Germany long before the US was able to get geared up to participate in the war. The Normandy invasion most certainly did not defeat Nazi Germany. What the Normandy invasion did was to prevent the Red Army from overrunning all of Europe.

As I have reported in a number of columns, many, if not most, Americans have beliefs that are not fact-based, but instead are emotion-based. So I knew that at least one person would go berserk, and he did. JD from Texas wrote to set me straight. No one but “our American boys” won that war. JD didn’t know that the Russians were even in the war.

JD had the option of consulting an encyclopedia or a history book or going online and consulting Wikipedia prior to making a fool of himself. But he chose instead to unload on me. JD epitomizes US foreign policy: rush into every fight that you know nothing about and start new ones hand over fist that someone else will win.
http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle38766.htm
Old 06-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #82
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default another US provocation...

JUNE 10, 2014

Dispatching B-2 Stealth Bombers to Europe
Obama’s Attempt at Intimidating Russia

by MIKE WHITNEY
“This deployment of strategic bombers provides an invaluable opportunity to strengthen and improve interoperability with our allies and partners.”

– Admiral Cecil Haney, commander, US Strategic Command on the deployment of B-2 stealth bombers to Europe.

“Against stupidity, no amount of planning will prevail.”

- Carl von Clausewitz

Less than 24 hours after Ukraine’s new president Petro Poroshenko announced his determination to retake Crimea from Russia, US Admiral Cecil Haney confirmed that the US Air Force had deployed two B-2 stealth bombers to Europe to conduct military exercises. The addition of the multipurpose B-2, which is capable of delivering nuclear weapons, is intended to send a message to Moscow that the United States is prepared to provide backup for Ukraine’s fledgling government and to protect its interests in Central Asia. News of the deployment was reported in the Russian media, but was excluded by all the western news outlets.

The B-2 announcement was preceded by an inflammatory speech by Poroshenko at the presidential “swearing in” ceremony in Kiev. In what some analysts have called a “declaration of war”, Poroshenko promised to wrest control of Crimea from Russia which annexed the region just months earlier following a public referendum that showed 90 percent support for the measure. Here’s part of what Poroshenko said:

“The issue of territorial integrity of Ukraine is not subject to discussion…I have just sworn ‘with all my deeds to protect the sovereignty and independence of Ukraine,’ and I will always be faithful to this sacred promise…

“Russia occupied Crimea, which was, is and will be Ukrainian soil…Yesterday, in the course of the meeting in Normandy, I told this to President Putin: Crimea is Ukraine soil. Period. There can be no compromise on the issues of Crimea, European choice and state structure…” (New York Times)

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/06/...dating-russia/
Old 06-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #83
Meck77

Yanukovych (former president of Ukraine) and putin's puppet was a thief. Stole billions from his own people. http://www.businessinsider.com/pyram...ch-ally-2014-6 The idea that the United States over through him is just a flat out lie. The people of Kiev rose up by the hundreds of thousands in protest and he fled to russia. Now there is a battle happening in eastern Ukraine. Russia is moving in tanks and trucks loaded with anyone who will fight Ukrainians for $$. Putin has been sending prisoners and chechens to pillage Ukraine. He's a scum bag of epic proportions. It's obvious none of you are believing gaffos BS on Ukraine.

The new national anthem of Ukraine. Putin Hulio! Means Putin is a dick!

Expect to hear this at the World cup when russia plays! This video was taken in eastern Ukraine where putin claims russian speakers love him and need protection...lol

Last edited by Meck77; 06-10-2014 at 04:15 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #84
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
No doubt, Brit is too young to have any historical connection to WWII. In this he is typical of most Americans
[

You really don't pay attention to anything other than your own ego and troofer nonsense. I would leave you in the dust in any debate regarding European wars from Napoleon forward.

Anyway, nice attempt at deflecting from the issue I raised, that you carefully ignore while ranting on.

Quote:

Joseph Stalin believed that Washington and London stayed out of the war until the last minute and left Russia with the burden of defeating Germany.
Care to respond to that crock with some substance?? You have yet to address that canard.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #85
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Yanukovych (former president of Ukraine) and putin's puppet was a thief. Stole billions from his own people. http://www.businessinsider.com/pyram...ch-ally-2014-6 The idea that the United States over through him is just a flat out lie. The people of Kiev rose up by the hundreds of thousands in protest and he fled to russia. Now there is a battle happening in eastern Ukraine. Russia is moving in tanks and trucks loaded with anyone who will fight Ukrainians for $$. Putin has been sending prisoners and chechens to pillage Ukraine. He's a scum bag of epic proportions. It's obvious none of you are believing gaffos BS on Ukraine.

The new national anthem of Ukraine. Putin Hulio! Means Putin is a dick!

Expect to hear this at the World cup when russia plays! This video was taken in eastern Ukraine where putin claims russian speakers love him and need protection...lol

Ukraine had agreed to early elections. Yanukovitch should have been removed through democratic processes.

You also fail to acknowledge the role of US-backed neo-Nazis in overthrowing Yanukovitch. When they removed him they shredded the Ukrainian constitution.

The US doesn't give a hoot about supporting democracy. The removal of Yanukovitch was about denying Russia its Crimean sea base.

Given the longstanding economic dependency of Ukraine on Russia - the US backed coup was clearly not in the interests of the Ukrainian people. The only beneficiaries were a few oligarchs. The people of Ukraine lost.

The country is now at the mercy of European bankers. You remember what happened to Greece and Cyprus? Ukraine is about to be looted by the West.

MHG
Old 06-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #86
Meck77

Quote:
Ukraine had agreed to early elections. Yanukovitch should have been removed through democratic processes.

You also fail to acknowledge the role of US-backed neo-Nazis in overthrowing Yanukovitch. When they removed him they shredded the Ukrainian constitution.

The US doesn't give a hoot about supporting democracy. The removal of Yanukovitch was about denying Russia its Crimean sea base.

Given the longstanding economic dependency of Ukraine on Russia - the US backed coup was clearly not in the interests of the Ukrainian people. The only beneficiaries were a few oligarchs. The people of Ukraine lost.

The country is now at the mercy of European bankers. You remember what happened to Greece and Cyprus? Ukraine is about to be looted by the West.

MHG

Are you friggen high? The ukrainians have been asking for support and Obama sent lunches.

Yanukovich's snipers KILLED 100 people on the streets like ****en prarie dogs on a wyoming ranch.

Watch the video. You mean to tell me these people were supplied and trained by the ****ing CIA? They had garbage can lids for protection you jackass.

I realize you think you know everything about all world politics but this is a subject you know nothing about. I have family on the ground there. Am connected with activists all over the country right now. Putin is sending in tanks and trust me Obama is watching it happen. It's all good. Ukraine will fight on it's own.

Last edited by Meck77; 06-11-2014 at 02:25 PM..
Old 06-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #87
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Makes me sad. A good portion of my family left Klienliebental back in the mid-to-late 1800s. Russia / USSR has been messing there forever.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #88
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Makes me sad. A good portion of my family left Klienliebental back in the mid-to-late 1800s. Russia / USSR has been messing there forever.
I have family digging trenches right now while this ****ing jackass is spewing BS how neo nazi's are threatening putins way of life.

Jews were enjoying themselves all over Ukraine and in Crimea. Now they are on the ****ing run from his thugs. The people are pushing back though. Many of Ukraine's eastern cities have been cleared of the terrorists coming in from Russia.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #89
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Remember, folks. All of der gaffen-fuehrer's vomit can be reduced to one thing:

It's all the Jews' fault. All of it.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #90
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Are you friggen high? The ukrainians have been asking for support and Obama sent lunches.

Yanukovich's snipers KILLED 100 people on the streets like ****en prarie dogs on a wyoming ranch.

Watch the video. You mean to tell me these people were supplied and trained by the ****ing CIA? They had garbage can lids for protection you jackass.

I realize you think you know everything about all world politics but this is a subject you know nothing about. I have family on the ground there. Am connected with activists all over the country right now. Putin is sending in tanks and trust me Obama is watching it happen. It's all good. Ukraine will fight on it's own.
Putin sending in tanks? Total bs. Putin could easily have moved his troops in -- but he did not.

Yanukovitch over-reacted initially, yes, but this video was made later -- after Yanukovitch had foolishly ordered his own police to stand down.

Ukrainian Neo Nazis were the ones doing the shooting -- at anyone and everyone. They shot people on both sides, they didn't care.

The US gave them the green light. The CIA and NATO have been backing them for many years. The US state dept official bragged that we spent $5 billion to destabilize Ukraine.

Here are some photos of the Neo Nazis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5pHagsg.jpg (114.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg _74481591_rsector.jpg (54.1 KB, 38 views)
Old 06-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #91
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Notice the yellow arm bands -- the symbol of the Ukrainian far right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bTxx3wJ.jpg (2.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 06-13-2014, 11:56 PM   #92
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
gaffe ought to move to Russia.
Only when they hire to kick out the Jews from Ukraine and Russia. He will have a job in no time.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #93
Kevin8Nine
Kevin Ate Nine

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

America is like the mob. We are corrupt bullies. Corrupt bullies backed by the most powerful military the world has ever seen. We are definately not screwed.
Kevin8Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #94
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

MHGaffney, bringing Democrats and Republicans together to defeat one cause...nutjobs at the Mane.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #95
Meck77

Quote:
Putin sending in tanks? Total bs. Putin could easily have moved his troops in -- but he did not.
There are dozens of reports, videos, satellite images.

How much proof do you need? The russian troops aren't even trying to hide it anymore you moron. They are rolling with their flags and even gone on record saying they are from russia.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #96
Meck77

Putin has lost his mind. http://www.newsweek.com/2014/06/20/p...rd-254513.html

The son of a b**** might just be crazy enough to start a world war.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #97
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Putin has lost his mind. http://www.newsweek.com/2014/06/20/p...rd-254513.html

The son of a b**** might just be crazy enough to start a world war.
I looked at the article. It's the standard Russia bashing from the US press. What do you expect?

Putin start WW III?

He's done his best to avoid a confrontation. It was Putin who averted a global disaster last August. Obama was about to commit US military forces in Syria as a result of a chemical attack --

Putin stepped in and Syria agreed to give up its chemical arsenal.

Later we learned that it wasn't Assad who ordered the attack -- but Turkey. It was a false flag attack intended to bring the US in.

It's also possible the US was directly involved in the attack -- but this has yet to be proven.

But the bottom line is, Putin's smart diplomacy averted a wider war -- that could easily have gone nuclear.

I do agree about one point. If the US provokes Russia on its own border, Putin will not back down. If Obama is determined to start a war, he will get one. MHG
Old 06-17-2014, 08:35 AM   #98
W*GS
Ring of Famer

gaffe being Putin's bukkake boy, as is his duty.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #99
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I looked at the article. It's the standard Russia bashing from the US press. What do you expect?

Putin start WW III?

He's done his best to avoid a confrontation. It was Putin who averted a global disaster last August. Obama was about to commit US military forces in Syria as a result of a chemical attack --

Putin stepped in and Syria agreed to give up its chemical arsenal.

Later we learned that it wasn't Assad who ordered the attack -- but Turkey. It was a false flag attack intended to bring the US in.

It's also possible the US was directly involved in the attack -- but this has yet to be proven.

But the bottom line is, Putin's smart diplomacy averted a wider war -- that could easily have gone nuclear.

I do agree about one point. If the US provokes Russia on its own border, Putin will not back down. If Obama is determined to start a war, he will get one. MHG
Putin worship...

It just goes to show you, live long enough and you'll see just about everything.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #100
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

What interest was it for Russia to stop US from going into Syria? What ties do Russia and Syria have that US would open up?

What border of Russia, the one last year or the current one that Russia took over in Ukraine?