The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #26
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
What a great and heartbreaking story. If she would have been white and selling the same amout of value in cocaine instead of crack she would have gotten probably 3 years or less. Crack cocaine sentences have long been much more harsh than those for powder cocaine. The disparity started in the 1980s, when crack cocaine started to ravish urban black communities in America. The federal government sought to crack down on the problem by implementing severe prison sentences for those people caught dealing crack cocaine. For example, someone caught with powder cocaine would have to have 100 grams of the drug to get the same sentence as someone caught with just one gram of crack cocaine.

Hopfully, she will be a great influence on DT when she gets out and not a bad one! It would be nice if she got an early release as well.
Atlas is back. Did you give up on that Shanny led redskins and his great defenses he is able to build?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #27
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Demaryius Thomas has never seen his favorite rooting section in action.

Visiting hours clash with Broncos games.

"From 9 to 3," he says. "That's when I can see them."

DT saw them a month ago, when the star wide receiver traveled to a federal prison in Florida. It was Mother's Day. Where else would he be? He played cards with his mom, Katina Smith, the woman who gave him the birthday present he'll never forget. "My first pair of Jordans," he says. He played board games with his grandma, Minnie Pearl Thomas, whom he calls "My Granny."

He cried when he left. A month later, he tears up just talking about it

But when DT signs that next contract, you'll know where his heart is.

"I don't care when that (contract) gets done. I really don't," says Thomas, who would become an unrestricted free agent after the 2014 season. "What I have now, I'm fine. Just as long as it's done by the time my mama gets out, that's all that matters to me."

He's not sure when that will be. DT says his mom could be released soon, into a halfway house, or "it could be a couple more years."

"We took some pictures when I was out there," he says, "So I could bring them home."

DT's star is rising: second-team All-Pro; 14 touchdowns seasons in 2013, tying a club record; featured playmaker in the most prolific offense in NFL history. All by age 26.

He prefers to stay in Colorado.

"I want to play here forever. I like Denver. It's a great organization. It's a great city. I love the fans. It is the best place I've played ball in. I'd like to play here forever."

Read more at http://gazette.com/klee-for-demaryiu...2W3ALbJVyi4.99
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #28
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Demaryius Thomas has never seen his favorite rooting section in action.

Visiting hours clash with Broncos games.

"From 9 to 3," he says. "That's when I can see them."

DT saw them a month ago, when the star wide receiver traveled to a federal prison in Florida. It was Mother's Day. Where else would he be? He played cards with his mom, Katina Smith, the woman who gave him the birthday present he'll never forget. "My first pair of Jordans," he says. He played board games with his grandma, Minnie Pearl Thomas, whom he calls "My Granny."

He cried when he left. A month later, he tears up just talking about it

But when DT signs that next contract, you'll know where his heart is.

"I don't care when that (contract) gets done. I really don't," says Thomas, who would become an unrestricted free agent after the 2014 season. "What I have now, I'm fine. Just as long as it's done by the time my mama gets out, that's all that matters to me."

He's not sure when that will be. DT says his mom could be released soon, into a halfway house, or "it could be a couple more years."

"We took some pictures when I was out there," he says, "So I could bring them home."

DT's star is rising: second-team All-Pro; 14 touchdowns seasons in 2013, tying a club record; featured playmaker in the most prolific offense in NFL history. All by age 26.

He prefers to stay in Colorado.

"I want to play here forever. I like Denver. It's a great organization. It's a great city. I love the fans. It is the best place I've played ball in. I'd like to play here forever."

Read more at http://gazette.com/klee-for-demaryiu...2W3ALbJVyi4.99
Elway step up and get Stienburg on the case to get DT's mom released
baja is offline   Reply With Quote