The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #51
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,895

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The liberals and democrats also have a problem with this since many liberals stated when Obamacare was coming out, that the model was similar to the VA' system. So in their constant and undying love to defend their messiah Obama by stating the VA has been broken for years before Obama, then why would you model your healthcare system after it? Hmm, oh yeah, makes them look stupid.

Even their economic guru Paul Krugman back in 2011 was writing about how great the VA system is since he was one trying to pump up Obamacare to the VA system, but now it isn't so good since Obama has been president? Or it was really not very good for decades before Obama, but they wanted to copy it anyway? Gee, what a dilemma. Either way they look stupid, but nothing new there.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:23 AM   #52
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,216

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The liberals and democrats also have a problem with this since many liberals stated when Obamacare was coming out, that the model was similar to the VA' system. So in their constant and undying love to defend their messiah Obama by stating the VA has been broken for years before Obama, then why would you model your healthcare system after it? Hmm, oh yeah, makes them look stupid.

Even their economic guru Paul Krugman back in 2011 was writing about how great the VA system is since he was one trying to pump up Obamacare to the VA system, but now it isn't so good since Obama has been president? Or it was really not very good for decades before Obama, but they wanted to copy it anyway? Gee, what a dilemma. Either way they look stupid, but nothing new there.
Any links to back up claims?
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #53
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Any links to back up claims?
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-josh-encinias

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...ge-policy.html

here is a couple articles that talk about Krugmans comments.

But you can always say that he didn't say its no big deal. Not like anyone can change your mind.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #54
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,895

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-josh-encinias

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...ge-policy.html

here is a couple articles that talk about Krugmans comments.

But you can always say that he didn't say its no big deal. Not like anyone can change your mind.
Thanks for posting the links, but as we know, these idiot liberals don't believe anything that isn't printed in liberal blogs and websites. It's their usual pretend it didn't happen routine.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #55
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,008
Default

Well no liberal papers will cover things that make liberals look stupid. Just like Fox ignores or buries stories that make conservatives look silly.

We can all agree on that IMO. It's how it is now. The media no longer a place we find journalism. It's all propaganda now.

I don't get all my news from Fox because I know some stories they won't cover. You just have to read everything and try and sort through all the BS.

But you can't argue Krugman didn't say that. It's record, it's fact, regardless of who reports it.

Also when Senator Obama rarely showed for hearings or meetings about the VA even though he sat on the committee that oversaw it.

Then he pointed to it as a huge failure of Bush and the previous admin of the VA. When you do that i expect you to take a personal interest in it and make sure it works. But Obama once again acting like he had no idea and that there is no reason he should have known.

But he should have because he took the time to bash the previous admin of the VA. He said its in worst shape then when you found it.

Well i would say with people dead Obama has reached a new low. Not like his supporters care though. Liberals scared to death if they turn on Obama, call his admin for what it is, that will help repubs into power again.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:47 AM   #56
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,895

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

It's rather pathetic to say the least how the liberals at one time, wanted investigations and hearings on about anything they could think of, but now, don't want to know anything that goes on. But they somehow believe they aren't biased regardless of how stupid they look in the process. Fox News is biased, but then offer articles from liberal rags and websites as proof. Whatever.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:31 PM   #57
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,008
Default

Obama game plan.

1-deny you knew anything was going on, say you found out from TV just like everyone else.

2- Blame Bush and previous admins for how bad things were before you came into office.

3-say you will investigate and get to the bottom while expressing outrage!

4-say you can't answer anymore questions while you drag out and obstruct any investigations.

5-wait for people to forget and time to pass before saying time to let it go and move on.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #58
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

$20 billion dollars provides roughly $1,000 per currently alive vet.

Maybe we shouldn't be making so many vets?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:34 AM   #59
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
$20 billion dollars provides roughly $1,000 per currently alive vet.

Maybe we shouldn't be making so many vets?
I know what your getting at. Too bad Iraq and Afghan vets only account for 4% of the VA spending.

It's actually Vietnam era vets that are really getting expensive. It's not because of money the VA hospitals were poorly run, lied about waiting lists, and even let patients die.

That is exactly the sort of stuff big govt is known for.

Dig in and educate yourself.
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...healthcare.pdf
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #60
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,895

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The democrat plan is to always throw more money at something with little to no oversight, accountability, or plan. Just make it up as they go. This is their solution to everything. We see the results, but they keep doing it anyway. Where has all of this money gone that the VA has been given? Let me guess, bonuses for people who do a lousy job and can not be fired either. That's the norm it seems.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #61
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,008
Default

Anyone who tries to honor on memorial day while at the same time doing what Obama has done to vets should be ashamed. Obama is an empty suit of a man.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #62
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I know what your getting at.

Too bad Iraq and Afghan vets only account for 4% of the VA spending.
Clearly you don't. A huge part of the issue is resources. It takes massive amounts of resources to addresses massive issues.

The average spending per person on health care in the U.S. is $8,000/year. That's an average that includes everyone from the healthiest to the sickest folks.

Guess which end of the healthy-sick spectrum vets lean toward?

Quote:
It's actually Vietnam era vets that are really getting expensive. It's not because of money the VA hospitals were poorly run, lied about waiting lists, and even let patients die.

That is exactly the sort of stuff big govt is known for.
Actually, it's the type of thing any large organization is known for.

Quote:
Dig in and educate yourself.
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...healthcare.pdf
That's rich from you, moron.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #63
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Anyone who tries to honor on memorial day while at the same time doing what Obama has done to vets should be ashamed. Obama is an empty suit of a man.
The only one who should be ashamed is you. This is a bi-partisan problem, and your attempts to politicize it today is pretty ****ing sick.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #64
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I know what your getting at. Too bad Iraq and Afghan vets only account for 4% of the VA spending.

It's actually Vietnam era vets that are really getting expensive.
So in one post you say prior administrations shouldn't shoulder any of the blame, and then in the next one you say it's a war that started in the 1950's and ended in the 1970's is more the problem than recent wars.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #65
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,153

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Then he pointed to it as a huge failure of Bush and the previous admin of the VA. When you do that i expect you to take a personal interest in it and make sure it works. But Obama once again acting like he had no idea and that there is no reason he should have known.
This is a really bitter irony for our resident Proggies to deal with. They went straight from blaming Bush for everything to telling us Obama has no idea what's going on with with anything.

The problem they can't pull themselves out of is the Aloof Executive isn't a very good sales pitch for activist government.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #66
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,681

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No substance? You're right Fed vets dying on waiting lists is a non substance issue to progressives. They would rather talk about what the sea level will be in 200 yrs.

Meanwhile no matter how you spin it another failure for Obama. He said he would fix the VA then never checked up on crap. No accountability in this administration at any level.

Not Bushs fault.
Both are at fault and neither is to blame. This VA crap has been going on forever. My experience with the VA with my ex was unbelievable. I removed him from the VA hospital as the conditions and treatments were something out of a horror movie. Because of that I was told they would not allow him to get treatments he needed. I told them like I would EVER bring him back for anything from them. He had been there for 10 days after being transferred from the ICU at another hospital. He had not improved at all and after just 2 weeks at home, with his family taking care of him, he was almost back to normal.

With each new President I listen to see what improvements they might make and it all sounds promising but they let it all go. They need to start with internal controls and first improve the conditions and people who work at the hospitals. Let's spend money there for the guys that sacrificed.

Cut, you need to come up with something better to bash/blame Obama. The crap you are coming up with shows a lack of awareness and just a topic for you to jump on and look clueless. And I'm not just talking about this one.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:56 PM   #67
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,681

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The liberals and democrats also have a problem with this since many liberals stated when Obamacare was coming out, that the model was similar to the VA' system. So in their constant and undying love to defend their messiah Obama by stating the VA has been broken for years before Obama, then why would you model your healthcare system after it? Hmm, oh yeah, makes them look stupid.

Even their economic guru Paul Krugman back in 2011 was writing about how great the VA system is since he was one trying to pump up Obamacare to the VA system, but now it isn't so good since Obama has been president? Or it was really not very good for decades before Obama, but they wanted to copy it anyway? Gee, what a dilemma. Either way they look stupid, but nothing new there.
Another clueless post. Obamacare is not like the VA system. People don't have one building to go to with a variety of Dr's who don't give a damn. Not surprising that our veterans were waiting on procedures. The Dr's a big part of the problem, why weren't they pushing these procedures? Because our veterans are a bunch of cattle that are treated by Dr's who fancy themselves as drill sergeants. With Obamacare they go to Dr's of their choice and procedures are paid for based on what they have chosen as far as deductibles. Which we all have with private insurance.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #68
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Both are at fault and neither is to blame. This VA crap has been going on forever. My experience with the VA with my ex was unbelievable. I removed him from the VA hospital as the conditions and treatments were something out of a horror movie. Because of that I was told they would not allow him to get treatments he needed. I told them like I would EVER bring him back for anything from them. He had been there for 10 days after being transferred from the ICU at another hospital. He had not improved at all and after just 2 weeks at home, with his family taking care of him, he was almost back to normal.

With each new President I listen to see what improvements they might make and it all sounds promising but they let it all go. They need to start with internal controls and first improve the conditions and people who work at the hospitals. Let's spend money there for the guys that sacrificed.

Cut, you need to come up with something better to bash/blame Obama. The crap you are coming up with shows a lack of awareness and just a topic for you to jump on and look clueless. And I'm not just talking about this one.

Yep, you can tell none of these folks have ever dealt with the VA as a patient or as a family member of a patient.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:42 PM   #69
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,153

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

VA needs to be disbanded and converted into a health guarantor instead of a provider.

As to the rest, modern progressives have a long and storied history of telling us how great VA Healthcare was. It can't all just get swept down the memory hole now.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:51 PM   #70
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,008
Default

1- Obama as a Senator misses most of the hearing he is on the committee for that deals with the VA.

2- Obama runs for President and calls out Bush for the performance of the VA.

3- Obama blasts outgoing VA sec Nicholson for a poor job managing the VA. Obama now running for Pres says Nicholson left it worst then he found it and that he will do better once President.

4-Obama gets into office and throws 20 billion at the VA, then obviously never gave it another thought.

5-The VA gets caught putting people on waiting lists that took so long the vets died!

6- Obama acts completely flabbergasted there are any problems at the VA.

7-Obama promises to get to the bottom of it.

8-Obama says current VA Sec not to blame he is a good solider.

9-Obama blames Bush and the Iraq and Afghan wars even though they account for only 4% of spending at the VA.

10- Media joins in on the lie it was all Bush's fault.

SOUND ABOUT LIKE IT WENT DOWN? it's spot friggin on despite what liberals want to believe.

Obama is an empty suit of a leader.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:55 PM   #71
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Another clueless post. Obamacare is not like the VA system. People don't have one building to go to with a variety of Dr's who don't give a damn. Not surprising that our veterans were waiting on procedures. The Dr's a big part of the problem, why weren't they pushing these procedures? Because our veterans are a bunch of cattle that are treated by Dr's who fancy themselves as drill sergeants. With Obamacare they go to Dr's of their choice and procedures are paid for based on what they have chosen as far as deductibles. Which we all have with private insurance.
Gunns when the President says he is on it I would think I shouldn't have to come up with any ideas to fix it. I am just a peon voter. He said he would fix it. He then said it was a model for his new healthcare plan. You would think he thought it was working pretty well to do that.

They could start by being able to fire people who perform like crap but I heard the dems in the Senate say no friggin way to that. Just more in DC you keep job regardless of how you perform.

The problem with your thinking is that before when it was a Bush presidency no liberals wanted to say well it's partly our fault as well. Nope they blamed Bush for everything.

Reap what you sow dems. Just wait until repubs get Senate and they start doing the rule changes dems did on appointments. Let me put it this way, it ain't going to be pretty.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:57 PM   #72
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 37,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
This is a really bitter irony for our resident Proggies to deal with. They went straight from blaming Bush for everything to telling us Obama has no idea what's going on with with anything.

The problem they can't pull themselves out of is the Aloof Executive isn't a very good sales pitch for activist government.
I was hoping obama would just turn off the damn TV. Maybe if he doesn't watch nothing will go wrong.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #73
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,636
Default

listen up righties

Vets groups slam GOP senator for ‘disgusting’ politics

Veterans groups fired back against Republican Sen. Richard Burr’s criticisms this weekend, as the fight over how to fix the veterans’ health care system escalates.

The clash began Friday when Burr, the top Republican on the Veterans Affairs Committee in the Senate, criticized veterans groups for not calling for Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki’s resignation.

Burr said he believed top staff members “ignored the constant VA problems expressed by their members and [are] more interested in their own livelihoods and Washington connections than they are to the needs of their own members.”

Veterans groups have called for changes, but like President Barack Obama, they’ve shied away from saying that Shinseki should be held responsible for the health care delays and cover-up that VA hospitals have been accused of inflicting on veterans.


According to the Wall Street Journal, The Veterans of Foreign Wars Veteran fired back with over the weekend calling Burr’s remarks “an absolutely disgusting ambush style of politics” and a “monumental cheap shot.”

At the center of the feud are allegations of extensive wait times for veterans seeking medical care and an attempt by staffers of Veterans Affairs hospitals to obscure these delays. Burr and other Republicans have called for Shinseki’s head; Democrats in conservative districts are increasingly joining them, like Michelle Nunn in Burr’s state of North Carolina and Alison Lundergan Grimes in Kentucky.

“Your allegations are ugly and mean-spirited in every sense of the words and are profoundly wrong, both logically and morally. Quite frankly Senator, you should be ashamed,” the Veterans of Foreign Wars statement said, noting that their D.C. staff that Burr had criticized have been deployed to combat a combined 47 times.

“You clearly represent the worst of politics of this country,” two top officials of the Paralyzed Veterans of America said Sunday of Burr.

“Senator Burr may be enamored with the idea that all of VA’s problems and challenges can be overcome by replacing one secretary, but the plain facts and simple logic indicate otherwise,” a third statement from the Disabled American Veterans said.

Burr stood by his remarks, though.

“It seems that my open letter to veterans has brought more outrage than the VA crisis itself,” he told the Wall Street Journal in an interview, saying he’d hoped to rally the groups’ members with his criticisms.

“I don’t think that their leaders in Washington…are fighting the battle that they need right now,” he said.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/vet...ons-va-scandal
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #74
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Obama...
cutthemdown, do you have something to support your statements that Obama "calls out Bush for the performance of the VA" and/or that "Obama blames Bush"?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #75
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,681

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
1- Obama as a Senator misses most of the hearing he is on the committee for that deals with the VA.

2- Obama runs for President and calls out Bush for the performance of the VA.

3- Obama blasts outgoing VA sec Nicholson for a poor job managing the VA. Obama now running for Pres says Nicholson left it worst then he found it and that he will do better once President.

4-Obama gets into office and throws 20 billion at the VA, then obviously never gave it another thought.

5-The VA gets caught putting people on waiting lists that took so long the vets died!

6- Obama acts completely flabbergasted there are any problems at the VA.

7-Obama promises to get to the bottom of it.

8-Obama says current VA Sec not to blame he is a good solider.

9-Obama blames Bush and the Iraq and Afghan wars even though they account for only 4% of spending at the VA.

10- Media joins in on the lie it was all Bush's fault.

SOUND ABOUT LIKE IT WENT DOWN? it's spot friggin on despite what liberals want to believe.

Obama is an empty suit of a leader.
Just like all them back to Jimmy Carter, especially as far as the VA goes. Yes that includes Reagan. Hopefully the families of the 33,000, who Bush falsely put in Iraq, took their injured soldier to a real hospital when they got home. And that doesn't include the many more that came home mentally damaged. DAMN
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Denver Broncos