The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 06:27 AM   #26
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

I always thought the conspiracies about the pyramid builders were BS. Aliens, gods, whatever.

In 2010 I got the opportunity to spend 4 days in Cairo and all I could think was "Who the hell built these?"

When they're right there in front of you, they're truly confounding.

I still believe people made them though.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #27
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
It's not screwed up. It's a different design. To me it looks like the bend starts halfway up the side, which is the point of highest energy on the inside (apparently). And, like I said, it may be tuned to a different frequency than the great pyramid at giza.

How do you know the same people built them both? What year was it built? What year was the great pyramid at giza built? Nobody knows.

Take a wild stab at it. Though that could just be coincidence, since it just happens to coincide to the Nile River delta.

And go ahead, hire whoever you want to hire, and use whatever tools you want to build a structure exactly like the great pyramid at Giza in 20 years, and have it stand for at least 5000 years. I would venture to say it can't be done, even with today's modern technology. It's still the largest building in the world.

We don't have any idea how they built it, why they built it, or what it was used for.
I think we're all underestimating what kind of wild **** can get accomplished when one man has inordinate amounts of wealth plus millions of subjects brought up to believe that he is in fact a god.

The labor and resources involved in such a project would render the project impossible in any free society. And in the modern world, any pure dictator isn't going to have those kinds of means at his disposal.

And not that these are Apples to Apples comparisons, but you see the same paradigm in the old Cathedrals and State palaces of the old Monarchies of Europe. Many things that quite literally could not be built today. Not because mankind has lost the ability. Only the collective will. In the modern world the question "Why?" requires more consideration. "Because I said so" no longer cuts it in most of the developed world.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #28
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Nobody is saying aliens did it. That's what Wags says.

The theory is that the people who built the great pyramid had technology that can't be explained by using 100,000 slaves with rock hammers, copper chisels, and hemp rope. It would be very difficult for us to build the great pyramid in 20 years today.

Also, the great pyramids at Giza are at the exact center of earthly landmass.
Don't underestimate how much math and engineering ancient civilizations had. I agree would be very difficult for modern man to accomplish. I read many died every day during it's construction.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #29
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think we're all underestimating what kind of wild **** can get accomplished when one man has inordinate amounts of wealth plus millions of subjects brought up to believe that he is in fact a god.

The labor and resources involved in such a project would render the project impossible in any free society. And in the modern world, any pure dictator isn't going to have those kinds of means at his disposal.

And not that these are Apples to Apples comparisons, but you see the same paradigm in the old Cathedrals and State palaces of the old Monarchies of Europe. Many things that quite literally could not be built today. Not because mankind has lost the ability. Only the collective will. In the modern world the question "Why?" requires more consideration. "Because I said so" no longer cuts it in most of the developed world.
As usual, Beave doesn't get it.

You can't move huge stones weighing many tons in place using slaves -- rolling the stones on logs. Won't work.

Several of the foundation stones at the Roman temple of Jupiter at Baalbek in Lebanon weigh close to 1,500 tons. The foundation was not built by the Romans - they merely constructed their temple on the site of a much older structure, built by no one knows whom.

go here for photos
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_baalbek_1.htm

No one has ever explained how these enormous stones were moved into place. We do not have technology today that can move them. MHG

Last edited by mhgaffney; 04-22-2014 at 04:24 PM..
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:06 PM   #30
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's not screwed up. It's a different design. To me it looks like the bend starts halfway up the side, which is the point of highest energy on the inside (apparently). And, like I said, it may be tuned to a different frequency than the great pyramid at giza.
Ahhh, no. The angle had to be decreased because otherwise the pyramid would have collapsed. The Egyptians made a mistake and fixed it before it was unfixable. Doesn't sound like something that would happen if technology or math far far beyond even what we have today was at their disposal.

Quote:
How do you know the same people built them both? What year was it built? What year was the great pyramid at giza built? Nobody knows.
Wikipedia is your friend.

Bent Pyramid was built by Sneferu, ca. 2600 BC, 4th Dynasty.

The Great Pyramid at Gizeh was built ~2560 BC during the reign of Khufu, also 4th Dynasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj
Take a wild stab at it. Though that could just be coincidence, since it just happens to coincide to the Nile River delta.
Not where the "exact center of earthly landmass" is, but what it is. How was it determined? Using what means? How does one determine the "center" of the surface of a sphere? What's the "earthly landmass"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj
And go ahead, hire whoever you want to hire, and use whatever tools you want to build a structure exactly like the great pyramid at Giza in 20 years, and have it stand for at least 5000 years. I would venture to say it can't be done, even with today's modern technology. It's still the largest building in the world.
We'd have to wait 5,000 years to see if it stood as long. That's a long time.

No, it's not the "largest"; see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_in_the_world

Not knowing everything about the Egyptian pyramids doesn't mean the BS about them has to be true. Sheesh.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:53 PM   #31
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Ahhh, no. The angle had to be decreased because otherwise the pyramid would have collapsed. The Egyptians made a mistake and fixed it before it was unfixable. Doesn't sound like something that would happen if technology or math far far beyond even what we have today was at their disposal.
That's one theory. There are plenty of others. Obviously, the technology they had to lift and place enormous stones into place with such little tolerance is far beyond what can be attributable to manpower, copper chisels, and hemp rope.

Quote:
Wikipedia is your friend.

Bent Pyramid was built by Sneferu, ca. 2600 BC, 4th Dynasty.

The Great Pyramid at Gizeh was built ~2560 BC during the reign of Khufu, also 4th Dynasty.
I know the popular chronology. However, that is theory also. There is no way to know for certain when the great pyramid at Giza was built.

Quote:
Not where the "exact center of earthly landmass" is, but what it is. How was it determined? Using what means? How does one determine the "center" of the surface of a sphere? What's the "earthly landmass"?
Allegedly there is an equal amount of landmass on the surface of the earth in both the North/South and East/West directions where the great pyramid is located. Not sure how it was determined.

Quote:
Read that somewhere responding to your first rebuttal. Obviously not a credible source.

Quote:
Not knowing everything about the Egyptian pyramids doesn't mean the BS about them has to be true. Sheesh.
[/quote]

No one can explain how they were built. Nor any of the other similar megaliths around the world. It's not 'BS' or hocus pocus, it's simply unexplainable. Yes, I believe people built the great pyramid. I don't know when, why, or how. Nobody does. To simply brush it off as meaningless is cavalier. What ancient secrets do they hold?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #32
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Basically the Egyptians got thousands of laborers and skilled craftsmen together and spent a huge sum of money to build the pyramids. We got thousands of laborers and skilled technicians together and spent large sums of money to build the atomic bomb and send men to the moon. Anything can be done if you spend enough money and have enough people working on it. Just like we are amazed the ancient Egyptians built the pyramids, they would be equally amazed by an atomic bomb or a rocket to the moon and thinks some sort of magic or mysticism or help from gods (alien beings) was involved.

Last edited by Bronco Bob; 05-17-2014 at 10:12 PM..
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote