The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Poll: What Democrat should be President?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
What Democrat should be President?

Old 05-15-2014, 02:30 AM   #1
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default What Dem should be President?

Poll to follow
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2014, 02:39 AM   #2
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

I was a Biden Guy in 2008 then he dropped out and I became a Hillary supporter than on to Obama. 2012 I would love Warren as most Liberals would but I don't think she has the experience yet and she really isn't a great public speaker. She would make a better VP at this point. We really can't be serious about Castro yet. He is the Mayor of San Antonio for chriminey sakes. Cuomo is not liberal enough so my choice would be between Kristen Gillibrand and Martin O'Malley.

OK I vote for LABF!!!

My rising stars for 2024 after another 8 years of Dem rule is Gavin Newsome and Elizabeth Warren. They will be a power couple.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:59 AM   #3
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I was a Biden Guy in 2008 then he dropped out and I became a Hillary supporter than on to Obama. 2012 I would love Warren as most Liberals would but I don't think she has the experience yet and she really isn't a great public speaker. She would make a better VP at this point. We really can't be serious about Castro yet. He is the Mayor of San Antonio for chriminey sakes. Cuomo is not liberal enough so my choice would be between Kristen Gillibrand and Martin O'Malley.

OK I vote for LABF!!!

My rising stars for 2024 after another 8 years of Dem rule is Gavin Newsome and Elizabeth Warren. They will be a power couple.
A brown/sanders ticket would be perfect but I believe everyone knows who will be president if she runs.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:40 AM   #4
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
A brown/sanders ticket would be perfect but I believe everyone knows who will be president if she runs.
Bernie would be my top choice but I just think he is too old now (72)

WOW.. Holy crap.... did anyone know that Elizabeth Warren is 64 years-old I thought she was 50 or something like that.

Elizabeth Warren

United States Senator
Elizabeth Ann Warren is an American academic and politician, who is the senior United States Senator from Massachusetts and a member of the Democratic Party. She was previously a Harvard Law School professor specializing in bankruptcy law. Wikipedia

Born: June 22, 1949 (age 64), Oklahoma City, OK
Office: Senator (D-MA) since 2013
Previous office: Special Advisor for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (2010–2011)
Books: The Two-Income Trap: Why Middle-Class Mothers and Fathers Are Going Broke, More
Spouse: Bruce Mann (m. 1980), Jim Warren (m. 1968–1978)
Children: Amelia Warren Tyagi, Alexander Warren

Must be the Indian blood in her.

Last edited by Guess Who; 05-15-2014 at 03:42 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 03:44 AM   #5
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
You are talking about Sherrod Brown and not Jerry Brown right? haha Jerry has had his time running for President. I like S. Brown he is a little conservative but he would be good with a Warren or Sanders. I think there is a good Chance Hillary will pick him as VP.

I think she needs to go all in and Choose Warren or Gillibrand as her VP. All female ticket would kick ass.

Last edited by Guess Who; 05-15-2014 at 03:46 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Why the debate, isn't a 69 year old with double vision good enough for the democrats ...... She will only be 75 when she starts her second term.

According to the New York Daily News, Director of Fromer Eye Centers Dr. Mark Fromer noticed in closeup pictures of Clinton, it appears she is wearing an addition to her glasses called a Fresnel prism.

“If she’s wearing a Fresnel prism, then she has double vision without it,” Fromer told the Daily News.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ss-may-reveal/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GL.jpg (176.0 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Pony Boy; 05-15-2014 at 06:50 AM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:15 AM   #7
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Bernie would be my top choice but I just think he is too old now (72)

WOW.. Holy crap.... did anyone know that Elizabeth Warren is 64 years-old I thought she was 50 or something like that.

Elizabeth Warren

United States Senator
Elizabeth Ann Warren is an American academic and politician, who is the senior United States Senator from Massachusetts and a member of the Democratic Party. She was previously a Harvard Law School professor specializing in bankruptcy law. Wikipedia

Born: June 22, 1949 (age 64), Oklahoma City, OK
Office: Senator (D-MA) since 2013
Previous office: Special Advisor for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (2010–2011)
Books: The Two-Income Trap: Why Middle-Class Mothers and Fathers Are Going Broke, More
Spouse: Bruce Mann (m. 1980), Jim Warren (m. 1968–1978)
Children: Amelia Warren Tyagi, Alexander Warren

Must be the Indian blood in her.
Bankruptcy law, eh? Well at least she'll have one useful skill to help us hedge against the Chinese Century.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

If Hillary Clinton had to follow NASCAR rules, she'd be covered in Goldman Sachs and Citigroup patches.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #9
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If Hillary Clinton had to follow NASCAR rules, she'd be covered in Goldman Sachs and Citigroup patches.
Maybe so,what other option is there? I'm not voting for anyone on the right.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:21 AM   #10
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Why the debate, isn't a 69 year old with double vision good enough for the democrats ...... She will only be 75 when she starts her second term.

According to the New York Daily News, Director of Fromer Eye Centers Dr. Mark Fromer noticed in closeup pictures of Clinton, it appears she is wearing an addition to her glasses called a Fresnel prism.

“If she’s wearing a Fresnel prism, then she has double vision without it,” Fromer told the Daily News.

Your hero Ronald Reagon was 70 when he started his first term.

BTW, glasses for dbl vision are not uncommon to be given after a concussion. Also they are only worn temporarily.

Gotta love how a BOGUS RIGHT-WING WEBSITE will make stuff up

Last edited by peacepipe; 05-15-2014 at 08:25 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 09:03 AM   #11
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Zell Miller.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #12
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post

Ok Carl Rove, you know she doesn't wear those glasses anymore. She admitted (AT THE TIME) she wore them after her fall because of double vision from her concussion...lol... Rove says jump and the yahooos don't even bother to say "how high??" They just start jumping.

Last edited by Guess Who; 05-15-2014 at 10:53 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #13
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Smells better than all those Koch oil patches the Repubs would wear.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #14
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I saw JoeBi's son got appointed to the board of Ukraine's largest gas company.

Gaff is going to be in spectacular form should we all fall witness to President Shotgun come 2016.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #15
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Maybe so,what other option is there? I'm not voting for anyone on the right.
I'm going to support Bernie or Elizabeth. They are two of the very few people who realize the number one issue in the U.S. is to take on the banksters, Wall Street and campaign finance reform. If not them, I don't vote. Basically, I believe this country is no better than any other banana republic at this point. The SCOTUS is embarrassingly ideological, the legislature passes bills written by banks, the president takes orders from Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, and crony capitalism controls every issue. And on the Right you have nothing more substantive than ideological hysteria. What's the point? There is literally no difference between Clinton and Bush. Ask Wall Street. They've already said as much. They're perfectly happy with either. The ship sailed on this republic some time ago. We're just waiting for our Augustus.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Yep. It's pretty much "Choose your corporate overlords."
Old 05-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #17
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
I'm going to support Bernie or Elizabeth. They are two of the very few people who realize the number one issue in the U.S. is to take on the banksters, Wall Street and campaign finance reform. If not them, I don't vote. Basically, I believe this country is no better than any other banana republic at this point. The SCOTUS is embarrassingly ideological, the legislature passes bills written by banks, the president takes orders from Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, and crony capitalism controls every issue. And on the Right you have nothing more substantive than ideological hysteria. What's the point? There is literally no difference between Clinton and Bush. Ask Wall Street. They've already said as much. They're perfectly happy with either. The ship sailed on this republic some time ago. We're just waiting for our Augustus.
Do you think America is ready for Elizabeth Warren?
Old 05-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #18
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Yep. It's pretty much "Choose your corporate overlords."
even more so since Citizen's United decision. One thing is for sure Dems get the Presidency in 2016 and they can own that Supreme Court.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Do you think America is ready for Elizabeth Warren?
I doubt the majority of Americans have the slightest idea what is going on. So, no.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I've been enjoying watching the Keystone "process." The minute it was put forward I knew it would pass. And I knew that it didn't matter one iota who came out against it. This is an example of how government works in America now. If enough corporate bosses want something, it will happen. Obama will stall it until after the midterms and then send it on through. We saw it with Dodd-Frank too. The Dems sing the glories of their new legislation to oversee the banks, and after the announcement, they turn it over to Citigroup to rewrite it.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #21
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
I've been enjoying watching the Keystone "process." The minute it was put forward I knew it would pass. And I knew that it didn't matter one iota who came out against it. This is an example of how government works in America now. If enough corporate bosses want something, it will happen. Obama will stall it until after the midterms and then send it on through. We saw it with Dodd-Frank too. The Dems sing the glories of their new legislation to oversee the banks, and after the announcement, they turn it over to Citigroup to rewrite it.
Mark my words, it will not go through.

Republican Lawmakers in Nebraska and S.D. gave permission for a foreign company to come into the U.S. and use emanate domain on farmers land and force the farmers to sell. This as far as I know has never been done before.

Now you have all these conservatives in Nebraska and S.D. all pissed off. If nothing is done by June than the pipeline loses their contract with S.D. and they have to apply for another one. This one will not be handed to them as the people in S.D. are just now getting upset by it.

Obama is going to wait until after mid terms then he WILL NOT approve it. To reject it before mid terms could hurt senators in the south that are up for re election like Mary Landrieu and Mark Pryor both have pretty good chances on getting re-elected.

Last edited by Guess Who; 05-15-2014 at 11:33 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #22
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Mark my words, it will not go through.

Republican Lawmakers in Nebraska and S.D. gave permission for a foreign company to come into the U.S. and use emanate domain on farmers land and force the farmers to sell. This as far as I know has never been done before.

Now you have all these conservatives in Nebraska and S.D. all pissed off. If nothing is done by June than the pipeline loses their contract with S.D. and they have to apply for another one. This one will not be handed to them as the people in S.D. are just now getting upset by it.

Obama is going to wait until after mid terms then he WILL NOT approve it. To reject it before mid terms could hurt senators in the south that are up for re election like Mary Landrieu and Mark Pryor both have pretty good chances on getting re-elected.
We'll see. Don't be shocked if I'm right.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #23
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
We'll see. Don't be shocked if I'm right.
I will be and I'll be pissed because I already know this thing is dead in the water. It is just a waiting game now.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #24
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm a big supporter of warren and sanders,but unless they/one of them run and gets the nod I'm going to vote HC.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
I'm a big supporter of warren and sanders,but unless they/one of them run and gets the nod I'm going to vote HC.
I wouldn't vote for another Clinton if you paid me.