The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #151
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
His wheels are not busted. Each injury was a standard tear. No ligament damage or excess structural damage.
This isn't like micro-fracture or a compound injury.
Rose suffered the easiest injuries to repair and ones that do not impact you much after recovery.
It's a pattern is what I'm trying to say. He's already breaking down at such a young age. That's not good at all.

Have players come back from serious injury? Sure! But, they're not the same. He'll have to adjust his game. And gl to him.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #152
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,931
Default

Nice game by the Rockets btw. Watching Jeremy Lin makes me want to barf.

I'd love to see every series out West go 7 games. Very entertaining and us NBA fans want to watch that excitement!

For tomorrow's games!

Go ATL! Show 'em what you got! And drop it like it's hot!

Go Thunder! Okay I take it all back, lets see Memphis close this series. Go Grizzlies even though there's no Grizzlies in Tennessee! Miller shoot a dagger 3 on 'em!

Go Warriors! Why? We wanna see that 7th game! And all that 'we are one' chant! Yah baby!
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #153
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Miami is a good fit because those 3 are best friends and wanted to play together. LeBron is the alpha dog and Wade and Bosh put their egos aside to taste a championship.

Melo is better friends with Kobe than those 3.



His wheels are not busted. Each injury was a standard tear. No ligament damage or excess structural damage.
This isn't like micro-fracture or a compound injury.
Rose suffered the easiest injuries to repair and ones that do not impact you much after recovery.
Miami was a good fit eventually because DWade put his ego aside and deferred to LeBron. That first year wasn't the prettiest basketball, but those two are so talented that it worked enough. Also, Lebron is not a volume shooter.

Durant and Westbrook currently are having their issues and I don't think a Rose/Anthony combo is nearly as good as that. I think having a healthy Rose and Melo sounds good, and don't get me wrong, they'll win some games, but I don't think it's a good fit if the goal is championship
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #154
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Nice game by the Rockets btw. Watching Jeremy Lin makes me want to barf.

I'd love to see every series out West go 7 games. Very entertaining and us NBA fans want to watch that excitement!

For tomorrow's games!

Go ATL! Show 'em what you got! And drop it like it's hot!

Go Thunder! Okay I take it all back, lets see Memphis close this series. Go Grizzlies even though there's no Grizzlies in Tennessee! Miller shoot a dagger 3 on 'em!

Go Warriors! Why? We wanna see that 7th game! And all that 'we are one' chant! Yah baby!
Seeing every west series go 7 would be fun, but being the Miami hater I am, I don't want to see the west beat each other up TOO bad on the way to the finals. Let's face it, the east blows hard. Every team in the west would smoke the Pacers or Raptors and they are the first and third seeds in the conference. The Heat are going back to the Finals, they may sweep every series on the way. East is just freaking awwwfffuuullll.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #155
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,174
Default

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dantoni...4857--nba.html

Los Angeles (AFP) - Mike D'Antoni resigned as coach of the Los Angeles Lakers after one of the worst seasons in the NBA club's history.


Finally!!! Now if they can get Buss Junior to step aside maybe they can suck less.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #156
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Miami was a good fit eventually because DWade put his ego aside and deferred to LeBron. That first year wasn't the prettiest basketball, but those two are so talented that it worked enough. Also, Lebron is not a volume shooter.

Durant and Westbrook currently are having their issues and I don't think a Rose/Anthony combo is nearly as good as that. I think having a healthy Rose and Melo sounds good, and don't get me wrong, they'll win some games, but I don't think it's a good fit if the goal is championship
The problem with Durant and Westbrook is that Westbrook is more alpha dog than Durant and Durant is the better player.
Much like with LeBron in Miami the first season, he deferred to Wade.
To win a title that will not work, but at the same time, Ibaka no matter how good he plays is not a good 3rd option.

The defense and rebounding would give that combo enough of a boost to win a championship or two.
The Bulls are still a young team and their need is a dominant scorer who can take over games late without just relying on Rose.
Melo is a perfect fit for that.

Me personally, I want Kevin Love but he is more likely to head to LA than Chicago in 2015 if they pick the right coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
It's a pattern is what I'm trying to say. He's already breaking down at such a young age. That's not good at all.

Have players come back from serious injury? Sure! But, they're not the same. He'll have to adjust his game. And gl to him.
Not really, he had never been injured before these past 2.
Neither of his injuries are chronic or deteriorating in nature.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #157
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dantoni...4857--nba.html

Los Angeles (AFP) - Mike D'Antoni resigned as coach of the Los Angeles Lakers after one of the worst seasons in the NBA club's history.


Finally!!! Now if they can get Buss Junior to step aside maybe they can suck less.
He promised to step down if he cannot right the ship in 2-3 years.
I fully expect him to be ousted soon.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #158
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
The problem with Durant and Westbrook is that Westbrook is more alpha dog than Durant and Durant is the better player.
Much like with LeBron in Miami the first season, he deferred to Wade.
To win a title that will not work, but at the same time, Ibaka no matter how good he plays is not a good 3rd option.

The defense and rebounding would give that combo enough of a boost to win a championship or two.
The Bulls are still a young team and their need is a dominant scorer who can take over games late without just relying on Rose.
Melo is a perfect fit for that.

Me personally, I want Kevin Love but he is more likely to head to LA than Chicago in 2015 if they pick the right coach.



Not really, he had never been injured before these past 2.
Neither of his injuries are chronic or deteriorating in nature.
I still think Rose and Anthony won't mesh, I do think Carmelo would be a great fit with the current squad, as long as he buys into playing D.

Ironically, i think someone like Deng would be a nice option to play with Carmelo. Having two volume shooters is just a recipe for frustration.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:02 PM   #159
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I still think Rose and Anthony won't mesh, I do think Carmelo would be a great fit with the current squad, as long as he buys into playing D.

Ironically, i think someone like Deng would be a nice option to play with Carmelo. Having two volume shooters is just a recipe for frustration.
Rose has never played with a teammate the caliber of Anthony, Anthony has never played with a teammate the caliber of Rose.
They will fit just fine.

Quote:
The Lakers plan to reach out to the Chicago Bulls for permission to interview Tom Thibodeau, a league source tells
ESPN Los Angeles

I can't laugh enough at that.
Good luck with that **** Lakers.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #160
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Rose has never played with a teammate the caliber of Anthony, Anthony has never played with a teammate the caliber of Rose.
They will fit just fine.

ESPN Los Angeles

I can't laugh enough at that.
Good luck with that **** Lakers.
Melo played with Iverson when AI was still putting up 25-26 a game.

I'm a knicks fan, I've watched plenty of Melo. I 100 percent don't think he can share alpha dog status. That said, the BUlls have a fantastic roster for him to fit into. I just don't think Rose is his best playing partner.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #161
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Rose has never played with a teammate the caliber of Anthony, Anthony has never played with a teammate the caliber of Rose.
They will fit just fine.

ESPN Los Angeles

I can't laugh enough at that.
Good luck with that **** Lakers.
As a Lakers fan, idk how I feel about that.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #162
Flacko
UDFA
 
Flacko's Avatar
 
Rookie

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Melo played with Iverson when AI was still putting up 25-26 a game.

I'm a knicks fan, I've watched plenty of Melo. I 100 percent don't think he can share alpha dog status. That said, the BUlls have a fantastic roster for him to fit into. I just don't think Rose is his best playing partner.
I agree with this. I'm a fan of the Knicks as well and watched countless times Melo hogging the ball putting up 45 points in a loss. How is Rose on defense? Because everybody knows Melo doesn't play defense, lol.
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #163
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Melo played with Iverson when AI was still putting up 25-26 a game.

I'm a knicks fan, I've watched plenty of Melo. I 100 percent don't think he can share alpha dog status. That said, the BUlls have a fantastic roster for him to fit into. I just don't think Rose is his best playing partner.
I am not saying that he and Rose will be the most perfect fit in the history of the NBA.
I am saying I think their talents match up well with each other and that they can play together.
I also think the roster and potential floor spacing fits well for Melo.
We do not have a single player that demands the low post on offense, Melo and Rose will have a wide open lane to work with and some solid wings to dish to.
Neither one would have to be a volume shooter.

As far as AI goes, he was not anywhere near the AI he was in Philly.
Rose is a league MVP, the best PG in the game and probably the 3rd best player when healthy. Which I believe he will be next season and throughout the rest of his career.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #164
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacko View Post
I agree with this. I'm a fan of the Knicks as well and watched countless times Melo hogging the ball putting up 45 points in a loss. How is Rose on defense? Because everybody knows Melo doesn't play defense, lol.
Noah and Butler are great on D, Gibson is as well playing the 6th man role(Though he actually plays the entire 2nd and 4th quarter due to Boozer's defensive issues), Rose is a tenacious defender and steals the ball.
The issue Rose has had was on offense. The teams key on him in the playoffs and use a bigger guy to guard him in key situations(IE LeBron guarding him during ECF's)

The only person on the Bulls who cannot play defense is Boozer and Noah made up for him a lot.
Melo is markedly better on D than Mr. Ole so that shouldn't be a problem.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #165
Flacko
UDFA
 
Flacko's Avatar
 
Rookie

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I am not saying that he and Rose will be the most perfect fit in the history of the NBA.
I am saying I think their talents match up well with each other and that they can play together.
I also think the roster and potential floor spacing fits well for Melo.
We do not have a single player that demands the low post on offense, Melo and Rose will have a wide open lane to work with and some solid wings to dish to.
Neither one would have to be a volume shooter.

As far as AI goes, he was not anywhere near the AI he was in Philly.
Rose is a league MVP, the best PG in the game and probably the 3rd best player when healthy. Which I believe he will be next season and throughout the rest of his career.
I love watching D Rose but everything you said about him happened two years ago. I hope he makes a full recovery but I doubt he lives up to his potential.
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #166
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I am not saying that he and Rose will be the most perfect fit in the history of the NBA.
I am saying I think their talents match up well with each other and that they can play together.
I also think the roster and potential floor spacing fits well for Melo.
We do not have a single player that demands the low post on offense, Melo and Rose will have a wide open lane to work with and some solid wings to dish to.
Neither one would have to be a volume shooter.

As far as AI goes, he was not anywhere near the AI he was in Philly.
Rose is a league MVP, the best PG in the game and probably the 3rd best player when healthy. Which I believe he will be next season and throughout the rest of his career.
AI was still ballin' by the time he got to Denver. Maybe not AS good as the AI of past, but still pretty damn good.

Obviously, Rose's health remains to be seen, and while I agree that Carmelo and Rose will win enough games on talent alone, trust me you're gonna be frustrated when Melo goes all iso ball. Kicking out to shooters? He's not Lebron James light. He doesn't kick the ball out to anyone.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #167
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
AI was still ballin' by the time he got to Denver. Maybe not AS good as the AI of past, but still pretty damn good.

Obviously, Rose's health remains to be seen, and while I agree that Carmelo and Rose will win enough games on talent alone, trust me you're gonna be frustrated when Melo goes all iso ball. Kicking out to shooters? He's not Lebron James light. He doesn't kick the ball out to anyone.
AI was a shell of his former self in Denver.
He put up the numbers but it was like watching the guy who you know has lost quite a few steps but is wily enough to still get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacko View Post
I love watching D Rose but everything you said about him happened two years ago. I hope he makes a full recovery but I doubt he lives up to his potential.
He suffered 2 separate knee injuries to 2 separate knees.
Both injuries were the cleanest you could possibly have and with each injury he could have played in the given year as he was cleared.
He is playing going to play with team usa and if there were concerns over his knees that would not happen.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #168
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Just read on ESPN the Lakers will also look at Kevin Ollie, Calipari, and possibly Fisher if he looks to go into coaching after the season. If they are gonna hire Fisher, they might as well just promote an assistant for a couple years and name Kobe head coach in waiting. I think Ollie and Calapari might be foolish to leave their current situations. The Lakers will not be overly patient.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #169
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,345
Default

Quote:

The Los Angeles Lakers will interview George Karl, Jeff Van Gundy, Byron Scott and Kurt Rambis for their head coaching vacancy.

The Lakers appear to not be in a rush in replacing Mike D'Antoni.

John Calipari and Kevin Ollie will also receive interest from the Lakers.
LA Times

If they hire Karl or Rambis they need to be shot.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:19 PM   #170
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Seeing every west series go 7 would be fun, but being the Miami hater I am, I don't want to see the west beat each other up TOO bad on the way to the finals. Let's face it, the east blows hard. Every team in the west would smoke the Pacers or Raptors and they are the first and third seeds in the conference. The Heat are going back to the Finals, they may sweep every series on the way. East is just freaking awwwfffuuullll.
West has been very entertaining so far with the games. Even though I said last night I'd like to watch the Grizz win, i change my mind. All Western Conference series should go 7.

Now in the East. I am biased. I want the Heat to sweep and sit on their ass. I'd like to see the Hawks eliminate Indiana. Raps to eliminate the Nets. Then, a WashingtonvATL semifinals going 7.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #171
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,345
Default

If Atlanta wins and pushes the next team to 7 games then the East really is sorry as hell.
The hawks should have been out in 5 games.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #172
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
If Atlanta wins and pushes the next team to 7 games then the East really is sorry as hell.
The hawks should have been out in 5 games.
x fingers
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #173
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
If Atlanta wins and pushes the next team to 7 games then the East really is sorry as hell.
The hawks should have been out in 5 games.
The Mavs or Grizz who barely made it in the west would have swept the Pacers or Raptors, I really don't think there's any doubt about it. That's pathetic.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #174
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
The Mavs or Grizz who barely made it in the west would have swept the Pacers or Raptors, I really don't think there's any doubt about it. That's pathetic.
Hell, Phoenix probably beats those teams and they didnt make it. Dunno about sweeps though.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #175
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Hell, Phoenix probably beats those teams and they didnt make it. Dunno about sweeps though.
Maybe Toronto takes a game from Dallas at home, but the way Indiana is playing, I don't think they would have taken a game from anyone in the west. What the hell happened to those guys? I know the Granger\Turner trade threw the chemistry off a bit, but there's got to be some big tiffs going on in that locker room.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Denver Broncos