The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #76
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I do not see Clowney busting. Especially not on the Texans.
I don't see him busting outright, but I don't see him living up to the hype or potential he has.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #77
lookin' glass
Pro Bowler

I think Clowney will be a great player. For a year, barring injury. After the first year I can see him being perpetually nicked up. A game here and there he'll be great. Just enough to keep teams interest up so that when his first contract is up he'll still have that great promise he's shown off and on.
lookin' glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #78
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If the Texans take Clowney with with #1 pick I may laugh so hard that I hurt myself. Dude is going to be a bust of epic proportions...
The talent is too good to bust.

Clowney and Watt on the same defense would be illegal.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:34 PM   #79
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
The talent is too good to bust.

Clowney and Watt on the same defense would be illegal.
The guy had one great season in college, and only managed three sacks last season. Not only can he bust it appears very likely to me. Raw talent alone doesn't mean jack in the NFL.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:50 PM   #80
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
If the Texans take Clowney with with #1 pick I may laugh so hard that I hurt myself. Dude is going to be a bust of epic proportions...
This would be somewhere in the Jamarcus Russell, Todd Marinovich class. I don't see that happening with Clowney. Especially if he goes to a franchise that has a modicum of an idea how to build around and coach players--a team like Atlanta or even Houston.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 04-30-2014 at 06:53 PM..
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #81
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

I do not think Clowney will be able to live up to the hype in the same way I do not believe Andrew Luck will be able to.
I think both will have stellar careers. But the hype is so enormous that it will be impossible to live up to without winning 3-4 super bowls and making the pro bowl every year.

I see Clowney as a game changing 12+ sack player you always have to account for.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:37 PM   #82
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Damn it I want to see Dennard in a Broncos jersey
Me, too.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #83
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Give us some idea of what you're predicting here. Stats, etc.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:43 PM   #84
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Just saw the NFL Channel ticker and it quoted Ozzie Newsome as saying that he has fielded several calls from teams inquiring about their #17 pick, and they could use more picks this year.

It didn't mention any names, so I don't know if the Broncos are one of them, but if Elway wanted to move up that would be a possibility. #17 would give the Broncos many options to choose from rather than settling for possible scraps left over at #31.

According to the NFL value chart, fair value to move up 14 spots would be our 2nd, 4th, & 5th round picks. I don't know that Elway would do it particularly in this deep draft, but it is a possibility and doable if he wanted to.

I would assume Mosley or one of the stud CB's would be available there at #17, but the question is, are they worth giving up 3 picks to get them?
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #85
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Just saw the NFL Channel ticker and it quoted Ozzie Newsome as saying that he has fielded several calls from teams inquiring about their #17 pick, and they could use more picks this year.

It didn't mention any names, so I don't know if the Broncos are one of them, but if Elway wanted to move up that would be a possibility. #17 would give the Broncos many options to choose from rather than settling for possible scraps left over at #31.

According to the NFL value chart, fair value to move up 14 spots would be our 2nd, 4th, & 5th round picks. I don't know that Elway would do it particularly in this deep draft, but it is a possibility and doable if he wanted to.

I would assume Mosley or one of the stud CB's would be available there at #17, but the question is, are they worth giving up 3 picks to get them?

I would say no. We might be able to get Phillip Gaines at 31 and he might be the best CB in the draft. The top 6 guys are all kind of the same to me, Gilbert, Dennard, Fuller, Verrett, Roby, and Gaines.

As for Mobley, no also. I don't think he's worth moving up for. Shazier, yes, but I think the Giants take him at #12.

There's a good chance Su'a-Filo falls to us, and he's an elite prospect to me, I'd rather keep our picks, draft him, and plug him in 2015 after Franklin leaves.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #86
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

I can never get interested in news like this. It is always so strange to be hearing rumors about a trade into the teens, weeks before the draft when there is no idea of what player or players would be available.

Our draft is in a bit of a quandary this season. The draft is very deep, but this team doesn't have a lot of open slots on the roster. A 5th rounder that normally would make the team as a backup or bench warmer will be cut because there is no room on the roster. So it becomes the issue, do we trade up in a deep draft since accumulating picks is not a wise investment.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #87
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:

That is too many picks and too much value to give up for a 14 spot move in this draft.
There is a reason why so many team cannot move down.
The draft value charts do not matter in this draft.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #88
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
That is too many picks and too much value to give up for a 14 spot move in this draft.
There is a reason why so many team cannot move down.
The draft value charts do not matter in this draft.
I agree, may be just the right year to move up for your guy, because no way you should be giving up your 1st, 2nd and 3rd or 4th to move up.

A 1st, 3rd should be plenty depending on the desired location.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #89
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If we give up our entire draft to move up for Mosley, I am going to have a Req style meltdown.

MUG, Gaines may be the best CB in the draft, time will tell, but he will probably be there in the second, why reach @31?
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #90
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Isn't Gaines the kid who has played like 12 games in the last two years due to injury and subsequently was suspended for this years home opener? Seems like a better fit for a Tampa 2 scheme than anything, not us.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #91
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

per PFT...

port: Bucs willing (or maybe eager) to trade Mike Glennon
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 1, 2014, 12:36 PM EDT
AP The Buccaneers signed quarterback Josh McCown this offseason, and might draft a future starter next week.
Which means they have a gently used former third-rounder, which could be yours for the price of less than that.
According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, the Bucs are willing to trade quarterback Mike Glennon.
Last year’s third-round pick started 13 games, and was not awful. There were stretches when he looked downright competent, so someone who valued him a year ago might be willing to part with something to bring him in at a reduced rate.
The Bucs have been mentioned as a possible landing spot for Johnny Manziel, so with McCown already on hand for short-term cover, Glennon would be extraneous.
The Bucs could also stand to add some picks, as they’re short a fourth-rounder (the remnants of the Darrelle Revis trade).

Az radio says they might be interested as he fits the Arians mold for QB.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #92
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Dominque Easley moving up

Damn, I seriously want him in a Broncos uniform.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #93
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Did you guys know Shembo (Notre Dame) made a girl kill herself?
Old 05-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #94
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Dude has 4th-5th round talent, but is probably going undrafted because of his past.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #95
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Dude has 4th-5th round talent, but is probably going undrafted because of his past.
Just read about 5 articles today. This guy is evil.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #96
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
He "allegedly" assaulted her. It was never proven he did and she took her own life after.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #97
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I can never get interested in news like this. It is always so strange to be hearing rumors about a trade into the teens, weeks before the draft when there is no idea of what player or players would be available.

Our draft is in a bit of a quandary this season. The draft is very deep, but this team doesn't have a lot of open slots on the roster. A 5th rounder that normally would make the team as a backup or bench warmer will be cut because there is no room on the roster. So it becomes the issue, do we trade up in a deep draft since accumulating picks is not a wise investment.
I think the Broncos have 7 open spots on their roster.

1. Starting Nickel LB (nobody on the roster)
2. 3LCB, and 3RCB (only 4 CB's on the roster, remember Bolden moved to Safety)
3. 3RDE (if Quant Smith can't come back from injury)
4. LB Reserve (unless you think Brandon Marshall or Lerentee McCray are good enough to fill that role if Trev is hurt)
5. 5WR (probably need someone who can replace Welker next year)
6. At least one more OL reserve (who could replace Franklin next year)
7. another RB
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #98
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Not a fan of moving up but wonder if Elway thinks Barr might be able to play in the middle , or moving trevathan to MLB and Barr to WLB. Many feeling Barr is sliding into 15-25 range.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #99
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Not a fan of moving up but wonder if Elway thinks Barr might be able to play in the middle , or moving trevathan to MLB and Barr to WLB. Many feeling Barr is sliding into 15-25 range.
I would think Elway has more of a feeling that Barr is Ware's replacement than a MLB.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #100
pricejj
jungle

I just want to know if there are going to be any meltdowns if the Broncos draft Bitonio at #31. I'm giving myself a 50% chance of going ballistic if that happens. I guess it depends on which way the wind is blowing that day.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: