The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #4276
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Hate to agree with you, but you're right. There is also a shortage of QB's. So teams without one are going to be willing to overpay to sign one as we saw what a difference KC's team was when they swapped out Cassel for Smith.

I don't think Smith's in the Top 10, but he's definitely in the Top 15, and that's going to lead to someone overpaying him. If you're a Chiefs fan, just have to hope it's not KC
Any decent QB in the top half of the league will get overpaid. That's just the way it is nowadays.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #4277
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,290
Default

Yep. KC still sucks. I think it's in the Bible.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #4278
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
So all those 3rd downs they failed to convert in the 4th quarter is not on Smith? I know once Charles went down they lost their major offensive weapon but they didn't miss him getting and adding to that 28 point 3rd quarter lead.

After kFc's last TD they had the following:

Fumble
Punt
FG
Punt
FG
Downs

Sure the NFL's Dominant D imploded late but they also came up with 4 turnovers. Without those turnovers it would have been a major blowout by Indy once they got rolling.

Thing is with the D in flames when kFc needed to answer TD after TD by Indy all they could muster were 2 FG's and only 3 points in the entire 4th Quarter but Smith did great right?

Hell if Denver scored 44 points in the SB they would have won!
Looks to me like Alex Smith was pretty solid on tough 3rd down situations last year.



KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:17 AM   #4279
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 5,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Looks to me like Alex Smith was pretty solid on tough 3rd down situations last year.



And yet KC was 27th in the league on 3rd down conversions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...irdDownConvPct
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #4280
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
And yet KC was 27th in the league on 3rd down conversions.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...irdDownConvPct
How much of that is on Alex again? This also doesn't take I to account the several 3rd downs he converted with his feet.

But keep trying to degrade him. He's not elite, but last year he showed a hell of a lot.
Also remember folks here saying Reid was overrated with QB's. Adding Alex Smith's year last year to what he's already done proves that notion as laughable.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #4281
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 5,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
How much of that is on Alex again? This also doesn't take I to account the several 3rd downs he converted with his feet.

But keep trying to degrade him. He's not elite, but last year he showed a hell of a lot.
Also remember folks here saying Reid was overrated with QB's. Adding Alex Smith's year last year to what he's already done proves that notion as laughable.
I'm pointing out a statistical fact. You just went into an insecure rant about your team.

Alex looked better with Harbaugh than Singletary. And yet his last full year( and the one he lost his job) SF was horrible in 3rd down conversions too. Different team same result.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 05-01-2014 at 09:26 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:28 AM   #4282
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,101
Default

It's almost like his limitations make it easier for defenses to stop him in those situations.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #4283
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I'm pointing out a statistical fact. You just went into an insecure rant about your team.

Alex looked better with Harbaugh than Singletary. And yet his last full year( and the one he lost his job) SF was horrible in 3rd down conversions too. Different team same result.
So that means he's a bad QB? Bc I remember him winning a lot of games with 2 different teams.

Are you suggesting it's impossible to win anything with him as QB?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #4284
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,801

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

No one said Reid was overrated with QB's last year. Everyone was saying the opposite. Another example of Sheepstud fabricating to pretend Bronco fans aren't smarter than him.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #4285
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
It's almost like his limitations make it easier for defenses to stop him in those situations.
It's almost as if Manning throwing INT's and pick 6's in playoffs make it easier for teams to stop him.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #4286
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 5,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It's almost as if Manning throwing INT's and pick 6's in playoffs make it easier for teams to stop him.
Look at him get mad.

Changing the subject. Relax. It's just one team stat led by an individual over a few years. Not the end of the world
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #4287
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Look at him get mad.

Changing the subject. Relax. It's just one team stat led by an individual over a few years. Not the end of the world
Who is mad? I love turning those statements back on Brokeback fans!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #4288
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,326

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Just let him have this. Fine, he was good on 3rd down with 9+ to go...great job. Now go back to clinging to bull**** and enjoy the upcoming failure again.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #4289
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Just let him have this. Fine, he was good on 3rd down with 9+ to go...great job. Now go back to clinging to bull**** and enjoy the upcoming failure again.
At the end of the day, all that matters is completion % on 3rd down and very specifically with 9+ yards to go.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #4290
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,326

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
At the end of the day, all that matters is completion % on 3rd down and very specifically with 9+ yards to go.
Hey, I am not taking away from it...clearly the stats don't lie.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #4291
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
How much of that is on Alex again? This also doesn't take I to account the several 3rd downs he converted with his feet.

But keep trying to degrade him. He's not elite, but last year he showed a hell of a lot.
Also remember folks here saying Reid was overrated with QB's. Adding Alex Smith's year last year to what he's already done proves that notion as laughable.
I am glad you are happy with him. I really am. I hope Reid likes him as much as you do. I hope you keep putting off drafting a Franchise QB until Smith retires at the age of 40.

This would ensure that the chiefs would still not have won a playoff game.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #4292
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Who is mad? I love turning those statements back on Brokeback fans!
You never took debate in high school, did you?
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #4293
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
You never took debate in high school, did you?
He was known as the MasterDebater by his family.

Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #4294
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer
 
Peoples Champ's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I am glad you are happy with him. I really am. I hope Reid likes him as much as you do. I hope you keep putting off drafting a Franchise QB until Smith retires at the age of 40.

This would ensure that the chiefs would still not have won a playoff game.
KCdud you did make good points about Alex Smith, and he is good but not elite. But i hate to say it but im gonna agree with this post, i really dont see Alex Smith winning a playoff game for the Chiefs ever. He did in San Fran, but they had an elite defense, and the Chiefs defense is not elite.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #4295
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,420

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
and the Chiefs defense is not elite.

You watch your mouth. The Iefs defense is better than the 2000 Ravens, and their first 3 games prove that.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #4296
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
KCdud you did make good points about Alex Smith, and he is good but not elite. But i hate to say it but im gonna agree with this post, i really dont see Alex Smith winning a playoff game for the Chiefs ever. He did in San Fran, but they had an elite defense, and the Chiefs defense is not elite.
Its okay because I don't see the Broncos winning a SB with that overrated defense either.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #4297
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,610

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Its okay because I don't see the Broncos winning a SB with that overrated defense either.
No one says our defense is all that great though
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #4298
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 5,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Its okay because I don't see the Broncos winning a SB with that overrated defense either.
What defense is that? The one that has 9 new starters playing that didnt in the Super Bowl? That's 9 out of 11. But feel free to think they the same players.

Whether they become great players remains to be seen in the fall. But at least this team did something about it. Have fun with the idiot cannonball in joe mays though.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 05-01-2014 at 01:54 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #4299
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
What defense is that? The one that has 9 new starters playing that didnt in the Super Bowl? That's 9 out of 11. But feel free to think they the same players.

Whether they become great players remains to be seen in the fall. But at least this team did something about it. Have fun with the idiot cannonball in joe mays though.
same thing with us. Flowers, Hali, Houston all severely hurt in that playoff game.

Sanders Commings (better athletically than the top safeties in this class) was a legit 2nd round pick last year but fell due to an off the field incident.
Vance Walker with 43 total QB pressures last year (basically 5X more pressures than Jackson)

Whether they become great players remains to be seen, as well as draft picks from this class.

Btw-have fun with Rahim the dream.

Last edited by KCStud; 05-01-2014 at 03:04 PM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #4300
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Acc%: Deep Passing

The Top 10

Deep Accuracy gives a good indication of which quarterbacks were most accurate challenging defenses downfield and, with a big start in limited action in Houston, Case Keenum tops the list with a Deep Acc% of 53.1%. Rodgers is once again amongst the best here, as the only quarterback other than Keenum to finish above 50%. Super Bowl QBs Russell Wilson and Peyton Manning round out the Top 5 along with the surprise inclusion of Kellen Clemens.

Name Team Deep Acc. %
Case Keenum HST 53.1%
Aaron Rodgers GB 52.8%
Russell Wilson SEA 48.3%
Peyton Manning DEN 48.2%
Kellen Clemens STL 48.0%
Matt Cassel MIN 47.4%
Geno Smith NYJ 46.7%
Alex D. Smith KC 46.3%
Matthew McGloin OAK 45.7%
Mike Glennon TB 45.0%

Top 10 in deep passing accuracy? But, but Alex can't throw deep!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...age-breakdown/

KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Denver Broncos