The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2014, 06:04 PM   #26
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Luke was the last Jedi correct? So getting more Jedi would have to be in there somewhere.
He starts a school on Yavin 4 and eventually they rebuild the Jedi Temple on Corusant. Leia becomes a Jedi. Han and Leia have twins and a younger son named Anakin. The Sith return in a sense. You find out how Luke's father really screwed the galaxy by not taking his role with Mortis and bringing balance to the force(canon). chewbacca dies, but they are writing that out...it was stupid.

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 04-29-2014 at 06:07 PM..
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #27
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

At least the dialogue will be better. I wont have to stab my eardrums after.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #28
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'm relieved that it won't come from the EU. Everyone wants it to be based on the Thrawn trilogy, and I think that those books would come off as remarkably boring on screen.
43 years into the future is as far as the EU goes.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #29
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I thought vader brought balance to the force by having kids who would go on to be Jedi. Or am I wrong?

While I am a geek, I am not a Star Wars geek.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #30
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
I thought vader brought balance to the force by having kids who would go on to be Jedi. Or am I wrong?

While I am a geek, I am not a Star Wars geek.

At the end of Jedi, that's what you would think.

During the Clone Wars, (and this is canon.)

In 20 BBY,[source?] during the Clone Wars, the aging Father drew Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker to Mortis so that the Chosen One could replace him as the keeper of the peace between his rival children, the Son and Daughter, who represented the dark and light sides of the Force, respectively. Skywalker arrived on Mortis with Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padawan Ahsoka Tano, but the Son separated the three Jedi by taking Tano hostage and forcibly turned her to the dark side in an attempt to turn Skywalker to the dark side of the Force.

The Daughter ended up sacrificing herself to save The Father from The Son's attack, and also spent the last of her energy to revive Tano via the Chosen One. The Son later succeeded in turning Anakin to the dark side by exposing him to the actions of his future self, although The Father later eliminated his memories of the event after discovering this to break the dark side's hold on him. The Father later sacrificed himself by stabbing himself with the Mortis Dagger to weaken The Son enough for Skywalker to finish him off.

In 44 ABY, a group of Jedi Knights were dispatched by Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker's son, to search for the Mortis monolith. Their aim was to locate the Mortis Dagger, so that should Abeloth, the Force entity that had threatened to bring the galaxy to its knees, return to in the future, the Jedi would be equipped to defeat her.[5]
Old 04-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #31
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
At the end of Jedi, that's what you would think.

During the Clone Wars, (and this is canon.)

In 20 BBY,[source?] during the Clone Wars, the aging Father drew Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker to Mortis so that the Chosen One could replace him as the keeper of the peace between his rival children, the Son and Daughter, who represented the dark and light sides of the Force, respectively. Skywalker arrived on Mortis with Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padawan Ahsoka Tano, but the Son separated the three Jedi by taking Tano hostage and forcibly turned her to the dark side in an attempt to turn Skywalker to the dark side of the Force.

The Daughter ended up sacrificing herself to save The Father from The Son's attack, and also spent the last of her energy to revive Tano via the Chosen One. The Son later succeeded in turning Anakin to the dark side by exposing him to the actions of his future self, although The Father later eliminated his memories of the event after discovering this to break the dark side's hold on him. The Father later sacrificed himself by stabbing himself with the Mortis Dagger to weaken The Son enough for Skywalker to finish him off.

In 44 ABY, a group of Jedi Knights were dispatched by Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker's son, to search for the Mortis monolith. Their aim was to locate the Mortis Dagger, so that should Abeloth, the Force entity that had threatened to bring the galaxy to its knees, return to in the future, the Jedi would be equipped to defeat her.[5]

Who is the aging father?

Old 04-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #32
ShutDownPoster
some like it hot

Bell Biv DVOA

I was hoping she was going to be in it - now not so interested in this cast...
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:57 PM   #33
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Who is the aging father?

The One. He's the entity that Anakin Skywalker was supposed to take the place of to maintain balance in the Force.

I can't stress this enough. Anakin Skywalker is one of the weakest willed Jedi of all time. That's why he could never truly defeat Kenobi. Kenobi was much stronger despite being weaker in the Force. The prequels should have been about Kenobi IMO

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 04-29-2014 at 07:01 PM..
Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #34
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
The One. He's the entity that Anakin Skywalker was supposed to take the place of to maintain balance in the Force.

So Palpatine is the son?

Old 04-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #35
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
So Palpatine is the son?

no...

you can watch these 3 episodes in the 4th season of The Clone Wars.

Palpatine is the son of a Naboo Noblemen. He viciously murders his entire family. That's how Darth Plagueis comes to be his Master.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:08 PM   #36
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
no...

you can watch these 3 episodes in the 4th season of The Clone Wars.

Palpatine is the son of a Naboo Noblemen. He viciously murders his entire family. That's how Darth Plagueis comes to be his Master.

Cool. I think Clone Wars is on Amazon Prime. I'll watch.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #37
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Cool. I think Clone Wars is on Amazon Prime. I'll watch.

It's season 3, not 4

It's a 3 part piece and start with the one called Overloads. It's worth watching
Old 04-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #38
extralife
Ring of Famer

why would max von sydow be interested in this garbage?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #39
Luke Lucas
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

When my oldest son was five he could explain the story line of all the movies and we spent hours playing the lego Star Wars. Now that he is twelve he has zero interest in any part of it. To be honest I miss that.
Luke Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:42 PM   #40
ak1971
uhhhh

alt.nerd.obsessive
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:18 PM   #41
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

I can't stress this enough. Anakin Skywalker is one of the weakest willed Jedi of all time. That's why he could never truly defeat Kenobi. Kenobi was much stronger despite being weaker in the Force. The prequels should have been about Kenobi IMO
Weak willed is a bit much. Anakin was the most human of all Jedi.
His issue was that unlike most Jedi he was not exposed to the potential Jedi life early on.
He grew up as a slave and was greatly emotionally attached to his mother.
He was emotionally driven instead of purging them and detaching himself from them.

His turn to the dark side could have been avoided if the order had been more trusting of him and willing to see past his flaws.
Instead they remained rigid and allowed their enemies to expose their flaws and to exploit his mistrust of them.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:28 PM   #42
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Maven, people have been executed for lesser crimes than creating jar jar binks.
I think I may have even left that movie, because I just couldn't take any more of that stupid character. That was about as bad as it could get for the series. That and the part where a million robots with lasers are firing down on, what was it like 4 dudes with light sabers, and they somehow were deflecting every single laser shot, hahahahaha, that was comical. I don't think that's the affect they were going for, but that was some good comedy right there.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:09 AM   #43
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think I may have even left that movie, because I just couldn't take any more of that stupid character. That was about as bad as it could get for the series. That and the part where a million robots with lasers are firing down on, what was it like 4 dudes with light sabers, and they somehow were deflecting every single laser shot, hahahahaha, that was comical. I don't think that's the affect they were going for, but that was some good comedy right there.
And the dumbest part of all was keeping the character because you know he annoys people.
Jar Jar added nothing to the story. He wasn't a chewie or even a ewok.
He was just there and annoying.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:02 AM   #44
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'm relieved that it won't come from the EU. Everyone wants it to be based on the Thrawn trilogy, and I think that those books would come off as remarkably boring on screen.
I agree that the Thrawn Trilogy would have been boring onscreen, but I think had they gone the route of using the kids of Luke, Mara Jade, Han and Leia from the EU it could have been awesome to see. Had Jacen and Jaina Solo along with Ben Skywalker been the main characters we could have seen a truly awesome story with Jacen turning to the dark side and killing Luke's wife and eventually his fall by the hands of his sister would have been a great trilogy.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:07 AM   #45
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
They should bring Jar Jar Binks back!

BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:18 AM   #46
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Empire wasn't directed by Lucas.
Nor was Return of the Jedi, but we can thank him for the Ewoks. That was the beginning of the end for him. Well the Christmas Special really was, but the Ewoks just sealed it.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:07 AM   #47
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
He starts a school on Yavin 4 and eventually they rebuild the Jedi Temple on Corusant. Leia becomes a Jedi. Han and Leia have twins and a younger son named Anakin. The Sith return in a sense. You find out how Luke's father really screwed the galaxy by not taking his role with Mortis and bringing balance to the force(canon). chewbacca dies, but they are writing that out...it was stupid.
Where does this come from though? They recently announced that the movies are the only canon for star wars and basically said that the EU stuff is being filed under myth and legend.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:45 AM   #48
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
why would max von sydow be interested in this garbage?
Totally. What a huge step down from Rush Hour 3.

PS. Negged for being a pretentious c-word.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:49 AM   #49
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Or written by George Lucas.
Or edited by George Lucas.
Or shot by George Lucas.
Or concepted by George Lucas.
Lucas = Good Writer, BAD Director.

Empire was awesome, Jedi was good enough, and all 3 original Indy movies he wrote were damn good. While Star Wars was great, and so was american graffiti....he must of got lucky. Just don't let that guy direct his own story.

Note: I have repressed his involvement with the raping of Indiana Jones.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #50
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Where does this come from though? They recently announced that the movies are the only canon for star wars and basically said that the EU stuff is being filed under myth and legend.
What they said was the EU will get stepped on, but they can't just get rid of everything. Most of that post was EU, except the part where I said it was canon. What's considered canon is the movies and the Clone Wars series.

If the movie takes place 40 years after the battle of Yavin IV (where the first deathstar blew up for those non-SW nerds) then that is roughly where the EU ends.

So I don't think they can get rid of characters like Mara Jade, or Jainia and Jacen Solo, or Ben Skywalker...but they can certainly change what they've done.

Here is a recent statement from Timothy Zahn ( the creator of Thrawn and Mara Jade)

"Having now had a few days to process the news from LFL, a few thoughts:

First, since many of you are wondering, I have *not* yet been asked to write any new Star Wars books. But that doesn’t mean I won’t receive such an invitation in the future. If that happens, whether or not I accept will depend on what kind of story I’m asked to write, what input I’d have on the content, what era the story will be set in, etc. I would certainly *like* to return to the GFFA, but at the moment that’s not my decision to make.

Second, as far as I can tell from the announcement, LFL is *not* erasing the EU, but simply making it clear that nothing there is official canon. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, nor does it immediately send everything into alternate-universe status. If nothing from the Thrawn Trilogy, say, is used in future movies (and if there’s nothing in the movies that contradicts it), then we can reasonably continue to assume that those events *did* happen. It looks to me like the “Legends” banner is going to be used mainly to distinguish Story-Group-Approved canon books from those that aren’t officially canon but might still exist.

Third, even if something from the Thrawn Trilogy *does* show up in a movie in a different form, we authors are masters of spackle, back-fill, and hand-waving. For example, if Ghent appears in the movies but never mentions Thrawn, I can argue that he simply doesn’t want to talk about that era, or else has completely forgotten about it. (Which for Ghent isn’t really much of a stretch.)

Finally, there’s nothing inherently demeaning in the term “Legends.” Think back (a little farther…a little farther) to Disney’s 1950s “Davy Crockett” TV series, (a show I grew up with) which presented stories and legends about the King of the Wild Frontier. Historians have Crockett’s genuine history, but there’s nothing that says these TV adventures *didn’t* happen, right? So until and unless the legend puts Davy in Tennessee at the same time the real history puts him in Virginia, we can still believe those adventures happened. That’s how I expect it to be with the “real” Star Wars history versus the “legendary” adventures of the EU.

Bottom line: let’s all sit back and relax and see what new adventures are offered to us, both in new books and new movies. It’ll be Star Wars, and that’s what counts."