The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #126
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,956

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Wait, what? Why would that be? Is he talking about a fear that you could pass it on to your child with skin-to-skin contact?

Think about it. Nothing changes in your body when you have a child.
I think the concern is that of accidentally transmitting some exogenous testosterone to the child by way of skin contact. It's incredibly powerful stuff, and just a little extra testosterone can lead to serious problems in kids.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #127
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,956

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That might have something to do with it. That or he knows of my fear of lotion.
It puts the lotion on its skin.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #128
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
And he told you to take some prescription shots. Cant say I surprised. I dont get this whole low t thing. What constitutes low levels and why? I know you think Im being a dick about this whole thing, Im not. Im just skeptical and trying to understand it.
I can't speak for other people, but as you age your testosterone starts to fall off. There are side-effects to this. In my case, mine is below a healthy level for *any* male and super low for someone my age. This been accompanied with symptoms. This doesn't mean every person on steroid therapy needs it. It doesn't mean there aren't crooked doctors or things get mis-prescribed. I will say that people are changing their thinking about aging. Stuff we just "accepted" as aging years ago we are finding ways to treat. It used to be "old people's teeth fall out." Well now they don't have to if you get proper dental care. "Old people's bones break." Well they don't have to if you get the right help. "Old people lose muscle mass and are less active." There are clinical things that happen to the body as it ages, but if they aren't all good, why can't they be treated? I mean you don't have to be a teenager, but it probably wouldn't hurt to try and keep your bone and muscle mass up and have more energy to get around.

That's what I think it's about. I would never go to a specialized clinic for anything other than a massage, personally. But if an old guy doesn't like feeling weak and losing muscle mass and we can safely treat it, why shouldn't we?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #129
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Pro Bowler
 
NorthernistCaliforneeway7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I can't speak for other people, but as you age your testosterone starts to fall off. There are side-effects to this. In my case, mine is below a healthy level for *any* male and super low for someone my age. This been accompanied with symptoms. This doesn't mean every person on steroid therapy needs it. It doesn't mean there aren't crooked doctors or things get mis-prescribed. I will say that people are changing their thinking about aging. Stuff we just "accepted" as aging years ago we are finding ways to treat. It used to be "old people's teeth fall out." Well now they don't have to if you get proper dental care. "Old people's bones break." Well they don't have to if you get the right help. "Old people lose muscle mass and are less active." There are clinical things that happen to the body as it ages, but if they aren't all good, why can't they be treated? I mean you don't have to be a teenager, but it probably wouldn't hurt to try and keep your bone and muscle mass up and have more energy to get around.

That's what I think it's about. I would never go to a specialized clinic for anything other than a massage, personally. But if an old guy doesn't like feeling weak and losing muscle mass and we can safely treat it, why shouldn't we?
I get where youre coming from. I guess this entire low t thing being the new craze worries me because I question if it is in fact safe.

Safety Announcement by FDA

[01-31-2014] The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is investigating the risk of stroke, heart attack, and death in men taking FDA-approved testosterone products. We have been monitoring this risk and decided to reassess this safety issue based on the recent publication of two separate studies that each suggested an increased risk of cardiovascular events among groups of men prescribed testosterone therapy. We are providing this alert while we continue to evaluate the information from these studies and other available data, and will communicate our final conclusions and recommendations when the evaluation is complete.

The FDA always rushes out approvals of products. I dont think we know as much about low t drugs as you think we do.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #130
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Something he shared with me that you might find interesting. Big Pharma is actually against the low-T thing for one reason: Penis pills. He said many times testosterone treatment will help with erectile dysfunction in addition to a host of other issues that are accompanied with aging. It's hard to sell Cialis or Viagra to someone when they can get that and the energy and other benefits from a naturally generated hormone. It directly impacts their sales. Most of them were probably using PDE5 inhibitors as a sort of band-aid to solve hormone related problems. Testosterone treatment has been around for quite some time, too. It's just that treatment has become more popular because of the effects.

I'm in a low risk group because I'm young, blood pressure and cholesterol are excellent and they've been thorough. He said side effects are rare and often in older men.

Last edited by Kaylore; 04-29-2014 at 01:57 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #131
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Pro Bowler
 
NorthernistCaliforneeway7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Heres the link from the FDA website.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/...erone-products

They have yet to conclude if the drug is in fact safe.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #132
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

Is this thread for small cocks? Because i have "a friend" with a small cock he might need a little help in that department.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #133
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 14,030

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I think the concern is that of accidentally transmitting some exogenous testosterone to the child by way of skin contact. It's incredibly powerful stuff, and just a little extra testosterone can lead to serious problems in kids.
Yeah, I get that. I just don't think it's a big deal. Before I'd start putting needles in my body, I would try the gel. It's really not lotion. It's like a really light hair gel. And it's full of alcohol. So, you rub it on your chest, and it absorbs and dries.

It's covered by my shirt (and magic underwear, for the record). The only time I might make skin-to-skin contact would be if my child was a baby, and I was doing a photoshoot for a fashion magazine - black-and-white, in all probability - just a really good-looking, shirtless dad, holding his baby. Look, I'm not saying that doesn't happen in my life. It does. But in those cases, I would just wait to apply the gel until afterward.

Other than that, any worries seem irrelevant.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #134
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Pro Bowler
 
NorthernistCaliforneeway7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Something he shared with me that you might find interesting. Big Pharma is actually against the low-T thing for one reason: Penis pills. He said many times testosterone treatment will help with erectile dysfunction in addition to a host of other issues that are accompanied with aging. It's hard to sell Cialis or Viagra to someone when they can get that and the energy and other benefits from a naturally generated hormone. It directly impacts their sales. Most of them were probably using PDE5 inhibitors as a sort of band-aid to solve hormone related problems. Testosterone treatment has been around for quite some time, too. It's just that treatment has become more popular because of the effects.

I'm in a low risk group because I'm young, blood pressure and cholesterol are excellent and they've been thorough. He said side effects are rare and often in older men.
Money doesnt lie. Big pharma loves low t product sales. Its over 2 billion last time Ive checked (2012 data) with "low t centers" opening left and right.

Last edited by NorthernistCaliforneeway7; 04-29-2014 at 02:09 PM..
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #135
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,924
Default

I'm actually kind of jealous. I bet you'll feel fantastic. Only down side is that weird head shape you get.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #136
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
Money doesnt lie. Big pharma loves low t product sales. Its over 2 billion last time Ive checked (2012 data) with "low t centers" opening left and right.
Big Pharma isn't one group that totally agrees with itself. Each company has it's own interests at stake. And a development in one area negatively affects another. Drugs that help cure or treat an organ, bone or joint might reduce sales of implants and surgical instruments to address that issue.

I think it's good to be skeptical and to read the big picture stuff. I also trust my doctors more than you. I'll see what the labs and the MRI shows before I make any decisions.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #137
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
I'm actually kind of jealous. I bet you'll feel fantastic. Only down side is that weird head shape you get.
I'm not taking HGH. I'm not taking anything but Vitamin D yet, anyway.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:16 PM   #138
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I can't speak for other people, but as you age your testosterone starts to fall off. There are side-effects to this. In my case, mine is below a healthy level for *any* male and super low for someone my age. This been accompanied with symptoms. This doesn't mean every person on steroid therapy needs it. It doesn't mean there aren't crooked doctors or things get mis-prescribed. I will say that people are changing their thinking about aging. Stuff we just "accepted" as aging years ago we are finding ways to treat. It used to be "old people's teeth fall out." Well now they don't have to if you get proper dental care. "Old people's bones break." Well they don't have to if you get the right help. "Old people lose muscle mass and are less active." There are clinical things that happen to the body as it ages, but if they aren't all good, why can't they be treated? I mean you don't have to be a teenager, but it probably wouldn't hurt to try and keep your bone and muscle mass up and have more energy to get around.

That's what I think it's about. I would never go to a specialized clinic for anything other than a massage, personally. But if an old guy doesn't like feeling weak and losing muscle mass and we can safely treat it, why shouldn't we?
I think one thing you have to look at with all that you said there is this. Just look to some other countries where those things you pointed out don't really happen all that often at all. Lifestyle is a big reason why. Nutrition is a big reason why. We see reports all the time that the elderly in countries like Jappan, Sweeden, etc. The masses in these types of places eat much healthier then Americans, and get more exercise as well. They don't have as much of a problem with losing bone and muscle mass and disease. They are more preventative while America is more treatment based.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #139
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Pro Bowler
 
NorthernistCaliforneeway7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Big Pharma isn't one group that totally agrees with itself. Each company has it's own interests at stake. And a development in one area negatively affects another. Drugs that help cure or treat an organ, bone or joint might reduce sales of implants and surgical instruments to address that issue.

I think it's good to be skeptical and to read the big picture stuff. I also trust my doctors more than you. I'll see what the labs and the MRI shows before I make any decisions.
The fact that big pharmas not one group walking lockstep is exactly why new, profitable products spring up all the time. Its the freaking wild west out there. Sure, Viagra could try and destroy this whole low t craze, but how the hell would they accomplish that? Through federal regulation? lol The government (namely the joke called FDA) doesnt even fine drug companies found of wrong doing the total of their profits, but a fraction!

You can keep saying that Im not a doctor, so what do I know. Im just saying, there the ones you have to worry about, not me.

Last edited by NorthernistCaliforneeway7; 04-29-2014 at 02:29 PM..
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #140
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,153

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
It puts the lotion on its skin.
Oh Wait, was she a great big fat person?
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #141
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,153

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Is this thread for small cocks? Because i have "a friend" with a small cock he might need a little help in that department.
did he tell you, or did you peek over when you guys were drunk and pissing?
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #142
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
The fact that big pharmas not one group walking lockstep is exactly why new, profitable products spring up all the time. Its the freaking wild west out there. Sure, Viagra could try and destroy this whole low t craze, but how the hell would they accomplish that? Through federal regulation? lol The government (namely the joke called FDA) doesnt even fine drug companies found of wrong doing the total of their profits, but a fraction!

You can keep saying that Im not a doctor, so what do I know. Im just saying, there the ones you have to worry about, not me.
Yeah, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. On a general level I think the FDA over-regulates and is overly-cautious, probably less-so with the drugs than the food, but overly-cautious nonetheless. I do agree that some fat dude that just sits around and eats burritos and drinks beer all day wanting Testosterone to make his dong hard or whatever is bad medicine. I don't agree that there's any kind of "scheme" going on though. I work on the supply side of the health industry and my experience is government generally makes it harder and more expensive to treat people effectively. You don't know my lifestyle, my test results or have any medical expertise. So you can't really claim if I'm making a poor decision or not.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #143
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Yeah, I get that. I just don't think it's a big deal. Before I'd start putting needles in my body, I would try the gel. It's really not lotion. It's like a really light hair gel. And it's full of alcohol. So, you rub it on your chest, and it absorbs and dries.

It's covered by my shirt (and magic underwear, for the record). The only time I might make skin-to-skin contact would be if my child was a baby, and I was doing a photoshoot for a fashion magazine - black-and-white, in all probability - just a really good-looking, shirtless dad, holding his baby. Look, I'm not saying that doesn't happen in my life. It does. But in those cases, I would just wait to apply the gel until afterward.

Other than that, any worries seem irrelevant.
My doc had concerns about that also. My 2 year old is bat **** crazy at the moment. Kid is everywhere. One second he is calmly sitting on the couch watching some craptoons and the next he is launching himself off the top of the couch. Full on flying squirrel to tackle me and wrestle. I could see unintentional contact happening.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #144
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
did he tell you, or did you peek over when you guys were drunk and pissing?
Both
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #145
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Pro Bowler
 
NorthernistCaliforneeway7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this. On a general level I think the FDA over-regulates and is overly-cautious, probably less-so with the drugs than the food, but overly-cautious nonetheless. I do agree that some fat dude that just sits around and eats burritos and drinks beer all day wanting Testosterone to make his dong hard or whatever is bad medicine. I don't agree that there's any kind of "scheme" going on though. I work on the supply side of the health industry and my experience is government generally makes it harder and more expensive to treat people effectively. You don't know my lifestyle, my test results or have any medical expertise. So you can't really claim if I'm making a poor decision or not.
I think thats pure insanity to that, respectfully. How can the 4th leading killer in America in 2013, pharmaceutical medicines, be properly regulated? Big pharma has a stranglehold on the US government. The FDA is a joke and I really hope you investigate them for yourself.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:25 PM   #146
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
I think thats pure insanity to that, respectfully. How can the 4th leading killer in America in 2013, pharmaceutical medicines, be properly regulated? Big pharma has a stranglehold on the US government. The FDA is a joke and I really hope you investigate them for yourself.
Couldn't possibly have anything to do with their relationship with the sick and dying, could it?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:52 PM   #147
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

This just in everyone dies.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #148
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,956

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
This just in everyone dies.
Yeah, but not until big pharma injects their deadly poisons and raids their pockets.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:55 PM   #149
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Test lowers body fat.
Body fat is linked to heart disease.




Be careful though. Your wife is going to get sick of you.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #150
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Yeah, but not until big pharma injects their deadly poisons and raids their pockets.
That's my new porn name. BigPharma
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Denver Broncos