The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default So anyone else have low testosterone?

Just got the labs back from my primary care physician. I went for annual check-up complaining about the belly fat I've accumulated and the fact that despite working out, I'm exhausted quite a bit. In all fairness, I love ice cream and I'm married so I don't try as hard. I'm also in my mid 30's so I figure it might be age. There were other things though, like I have been making small mental errors and had difficulty focusing. I've actually noticed this posting here. I'll leave off punctuation and make spelling errors, leave off articles before words... predict a close SB game - clearly something is physically wrong with my mind.

So my Doc says he wants to check my hormones. Fine. We get checked and I register 114 nano-grams (men are usually between 300-800. I'm sure there will be some OM posters here telling us they have a billion ng.) Because of the way the T-levels bind to proteins, and the less than accurate way they test free testosterone, they just test a total and like to re-test. I take some vitamin D, prescription strength and eat a bunch of zinc filled foods and some fats. I'm trying to lift weights and do some burst fast-twitch cardio. So thinking I helped I get tested again....and it's at 128. All that work and I got 14 freaking NG out of it. I'm still tired all the time.

Just to be thorough he's tested a lot of other things on my second visit. My ferritin is safely low, which apparently rules out hemochromatosis, which runs in my family on my Mom's side. My other hormone levels are very safe as well, Pituitary, growth hormone, etc. My blood pressure and cholesterol are awesome. It's just my freaking testosterone. I am glad I'm not seeing one of those hack aging centers where they just stick you with testosterone if you feel tired, but this is looking to be a real issue. Anyone else have or know of someone who has had any experience in this?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Don't know anyone personally, but I hear low testosterone is the first steps to getting a full on sex change. So the good news is, half of the work is already done for you. Congrats on your new life style change! I'm sure you will make a handsome woman.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Just got the labs back from my primary care physician. I went for annual check-up complaining about the belly fat I've accumulated and the fact that despite working out, I'm exhausted quite a bit. In all fairness, I love ice cream and I'm married so I don't try as hard. I'm also in my mid 30's so I figure it might be age. There were other things though, like I have been making small mental errors and had difficulty focusing. I've actually noticed this posting here. I'll leave off punctuation and make spelling errors, leave off articles before words... predict a close SB game - clearly something is physically wrong with my mind.

So my Doc says he wants to check my hormones. Fine. We get checked and I register 114 nano-grams (men are usually between 300-800. I'm sure there will be some OM posters here telling us they have a billion ng.) Because of the way the T-levels bind to proteins, and the less than accurate way they test free testosterone, they just test a total and like to re-test. I take some vitamin D, prescription strength and eat a bunch of zinc filled foods and some fats. I'm trying to lift weights and do some burst fast-twitch cardio. So thinking I helped I get tested again....and it's at 128. All that work and I got 14 freaking NG out of it. I'm still tired all the time.

Just to be thorough he's tested a lot of other things on my second visit. My ferritin is safely low, which apparently rules out hemochromatosis, which runs in my family on my Mom's side. My other hormone levels are very safe as well, Pituitary, growth hormone, etc. My blood pressure and cholesterol are awesome. It's just my freaking testosterone. I am glad I'm not seeing one of those hack aging centers where they just stick you with testosterone if you feel tired, but this is looking to be a real issue. Anyone else have or know of someone who has had any experience in this?
Yours is no longer the Superior...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Hows your estrogen?

jk. Nope, don't know anyone. Probably lay off the board games for awhile you dork.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Yours is no longer the Superior...
Apparently it hasn't been for some time...

Old 04-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

I have no useful information, other than stay away from all those Low T Center places popping up in strip malls all over the dang place!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

chemtrails
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
I have no useful information, other than stay away from all those Low T Center places popping up in strip malls all over the dang place!
Yeah I hear you. I got this from a physical exam with my actually-graduated-from-medical-school doctor. It was actually his idea. I thought maybe my CPAP needed to be re-calibrated. I am not fond of the idea of having to get hormones injected. I am even less enthused if they need to do an MRI to make sure there isn't something worse.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #9
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

I had mine checked at my yearly physical and it was just over 300. I too put on some weight and have been constantly fatigued. My doctor would have prescribed something but we were trying to conceive at the time. Since then I started working out again and am in much better shape. I am interested to see what it is now. If it is still low I will take something.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #10
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I had mine checked at my yearly physical and it was just over 300. I too put on some weight and have been constantly fatigued. My doctor would have prescribed something but we were trying to conceive at the time. Since then I started working out again and am in much better shape. I am interested to see what it is now. If it is still low I would take something.
It's odd he didn't prescribe something since low testosterone can affect fertility.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Mine is around 70. I used test when I was younger and it never came back. I was off for 6 years and still around 70 ng/DL. Full disclosure I was never tested before I used so I have no baseline.

Meatheads will say I did not use the right post cycle but I did.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #12
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Yeah I hear you. I got this from a physical exam with my actually-graduated-from-medical-school doctor. It was actually his idea. I thought maybe my CPAP needed to be re-calibrated. I am not fond of the idea of having to get hormones injected. I am even less enthused if they need to do an MRI to make sure there isn't something worse.
Exercise, particularly weightlifting, is suppose to have a positive affect on testosterone. Diet also plays a role. Testosterone is made from unsaturated fats, and low zinc will hurt you.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #13
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Mine is around 70. I used test when I was younger and it never came back. I was off for 6 years and still around 70 ng/DL. Full disclosure I was never tested before I used so I have no baseline.

Meatheads will say I did not use the right post cycle but I did.
That's very interesting. How long did you use? I didn't know people that did steroids would never be able to get back to the way they were.

I've never been on anything like that. Doc said my medications wouldn't be a contributing factor either.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #14
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
Exercise, particularly weightlifting, is suppose to have a positive effect on testosterone. Diet also plays a role. Testosterone is made from unsaturated fats, and low zinc will hurt you.
You didn't read my OP, did you?
Old 04-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #15
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
You didn't read my OP, did you?
Guilty as charged. lol, i'll go back and read it.

EDIT: ok now that I actually read it. Opps.

Last edited by HILife; 04-28-2014 at 02:55 PM..
Old 04-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #16
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
That's very interesting. How long did you use? I didn't know people that did steroids would never be able to get back to the way they were.

I've never been on anything like that. Doc said my medications wouldn't be a contributing factor either.
I did 4-5 cycles over a 2-3 year period. I was still fertile but very low t.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #17
Shananahan
Custom User Title

I've got at least a billion nano-grams. Just piles of them laying around the house, in the garage, etc. PM me if you want some of them.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #18
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
It's odd he didn't prescribe something since low testosterone can affect fertility.
He did not as a precaution to the hopefully soon to be pregnant wife. He thought it was a better safe than sorry scenario to not be on testosterone treatments while the wife was pregnant. Especially since it is a borderline level. We already have one child so we knew we did not have fertility issues. Baby girl arrives in 3 months. I am fertile like Travis Henry.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #19
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:

Start drinking heavily, maybe mix in some goofballs
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #20
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I'm the youngest guy in my office but 3 of the guys I work with use Testosterone patches. They had all the same symptoms that you mention- tired a lot and putting on some extra pounds in the midsection with no change to diet or exercise. All of them reported an immediate change for the better after just a couple days of use. One potential downside is that it can be hard to fall asleep if you put the patch on during the night.

I have heard rumors that they can cause you cancer though
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #21
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BRONCO View Post
I'm the youngest guy in my office but 3 of the guys I work with use Testosterone patches. They had all the same symptoms that you mention- tired a lot and putting on some extra pounds in the midsection with no change to diet or exercise. All of them reported an immediate change for the better after just a couple days of use. One potential downside is that it can be hard to fall asleep if you put the patch on during the night.

I have heard rumors that they can cause you cancer though
Just man up and taken the shots
Old 04-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
Start drinking heavily, maybe mix in some goofballs
hear hear

also remember that chicks dig tattoos.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #23
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

A friend of mine went on testosterone when they were trying to have a baby. He flipped out hard core and and destroyed a bar and spent a few days in jail. I've know him for a long time and he is a pretty easy going guy.

Not saying this would happen to you but be careful.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #24
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

b**** boobies or man boobs?
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Wow, that's very low for a guy in his mid 30's Kahn. It's probably genetic. I've been seeing non-stop lawyer commercials for guys who had Testosterone therapy. Guess it's giving all kinds of guys heart attacks and strokes. I'd try to do it naturally like you have been doing. Try giving it some more time and do a bunch of alpha male stuff, like pick fights, flirt with women, wrestle with alligators, lol. J/K, sounds like you're already doing some good things. I do know for a fact as you begin to lose more fat, your Testosterone will increase. Overweight men almost always test lower then men that are fit regardless of age. Also cut back on the sugar. Sugar is a Testosterone killer. And I said this in a different post but there are some mental things you can do that help to increase it also. They did a study and it's proven that flirting does increase your Testosterone. If you have a steady GF or married, that's fine, nobody says to go out and cheat on them. But harmless fun flirting is totally encouraged by many health experts.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote