The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #51
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Matt Miller @nfldraftscout 9m

Former Ohio State University Buckeye Bradley Roby Charged With OVI | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio http://teamstre.am/1gVoyQM
Not gonna be a Bronco
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #52
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Not gonna be a Bronco
Matt Russell and him could be good friends.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #53
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
The only way I could see teams allowing Bridgewater to slide out of the first is if Bortles,Carr and Manziel are ranked 1-3 on teams boards and then somehow Savage or Garropolo as the #4.

If that happens some GM's need to be fired first off. Then secondly, some team is going to be over the moon to get Bridgewater late.
I have Garropolo ranked ahead of both Manziel and Bridgewater. Bridgewater just isn't that good of a QB in my eyes, and Manziel is just flash and ego. Good arm, but he is a guy who will always be a great college QB that is not a pro QB.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #54
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

Former Ohio State University Buckeye Bradley Roby Charged With OVI | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio http://teamstre.am/1gVoyQM
Well that ends any potential of him being a Bronco. Dumb ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
oh I agree, Savage has to be showing something in intellect in the interviews other than just his arm to be skyrocketing the way scouts and media are making it seem.

It may all be a smoke and mirrors like most draft hype/hate this time of the year.
I agree that he is showing something. But players who suddenly shoot up 3-4 rounds worry me. That is normally when you end up with a bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I have Garropolo ranked ahead of both Manziel and Bridgewater. Bridgewater just isn't that good of a QB in my eyes, and Manziel is just flash and ego. Good arm, but he is a guy who will always be a great college QB that is not a pro QB.
I do not agree. Manziel has ego problems but he is a new school QB who will do well in the NFL.
Bridgewater to me gets a bad rap because for all of his skills he didn't dominate. Ideally he should have but he does the things you need a NFL pro style QB to do.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #55
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:

Wow. he just cost himself a LOT of money.

We really ought to thank him for showing us what kind of person he is.

Where does he fall now? End of the 2nd or third?
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #56
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Wow. he just cost himself a LOT of money.

We really ought to thank him for showing us what kind of person he is.

Where does he fall now? End of the 2nd or third?
He's out of the first with that. He could still go mid 2nd if the right team likes him. Similar to Jenkins with the Rams.
But early 3rd sounds most logical.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #57
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

The bad part about the draft being so late, is the entire country eventually figures out who the good players are, which makes it kinda tough for a team picking #31 overall. Was hoping Roby would go off the board before we picked.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #58
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Aaron Donald - DL - Player

Speaking to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, an AFC executive called Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald the "best defensive lineman coming out in the last 10 years."
The executive apparently never saw Ndamukong Suh play in college, among others. Donald appears to have a real chance to come off the board within the first 10 picks, but to call him the best D-line prospect of the past 10 years is monumentally absurd even by silly-season standards.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #59
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Easley when healthy, is better than Donald.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #60
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Never mind even that. Donald wasn't even as good as McCoy.
Tommie Harris,Mario Williams,Suh and McCoy were some damn beasts when they came out. Then Dareus,Fairly and Quinn.
The comment is beyond absurd.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #61
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Well, perhaps the context of the comment would help it make more sense.

I am having a hard time imagining a defensive lineman being more dominant and controlling than Suh was his final year at Nebraska. Dude was incredible, and should have ran away with the Heisman.

Donald looks really good on tape, but best over the past decade seems hyperbole.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #62
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I love Donald, might be reaching but he's an incredible player.

Geno Atkins 2.0 imo.

If that news is as bad as it seems with Roby, take him off Elway's board now.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #63
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Finally had a chance to look at Easley, feel like I have a good grasp on him. I don't think he's better than Donald, even when healthy, but he's a nice talent. Very explosive, lots of movement, awesome bull rush, great spin move, extremely disruptive. Does not make a lot of plays though, and that's why he's not as good as Donald for me.

I watched all of his game cutups. I was surprised to see him be as strong as he is, he consistently was shoving linemen backwards, but in doing so, he would disrupt the play but often not make the tackle as both hands would still be on the O-lineman. He has excellent hustle. And he's funny rolling around on the field and messing with linemen's heads.

I really thought he'd be a sack guy based on the hype. He's not, he's more like Timmy Jernigan to me, but more versatile. I think the potential is all there if he returns to form, but he's all flash right now. He needs to learn to finish and when to pull off his blocks. He's got a lot of development to go, NFL linemen will just let him run or push himself out of the play and create lanes.

I like him as a 5 tech best because it allows him to use his explosion and come off the edge. Inside, especially in the 43 looks, he's too undisciplined and creates too many creases for QBs and RBs to jet through. If he had never gotten hurt once and had 3 years of development at UF, I think 1st round. As it stands, I think 2nd-3rd is probably right, maybe 4th if teams are concerned about the knees. I think he's a young Antonio Smith, which is a good thing.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #64
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Nice job 24champ at getting McCarron in the 4th. The latest talk is him going even as high as pick 16 in the 1st round!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...high-as-no-16/
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #65
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Texans May Wait on a Quarterback - Until Round 3

Updated April 30, 2014
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Many projected the Texans to reach with the first-overall pick for a quarterback over the past few months, but the Texans are now extremely likely to take the draft's best player, South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowneym with the first-overall pick. We've heard that barring a mega trade of draft picks similar to the Robert Griffin III package two years ago, the Texans will go with Clowney.

With Clowney being evident as the first pick, many have now assumed that the Texans would take a quarterback to start off the second round. However, we've also learned from sources that the Texans are considering waiting on a quarterback until the third or fourth round.

Houston believes that a good player with a firm first-round grade will fall to pick No. 33, and the team would be better off taking that player with a quarterback coming later. The talent at 33 could be too good to pass on a player that they don't consider to be a franchise quarterback - in which they say that it is plausible they wait to nab a signal-caller until the third round.

So what could Houston do at No. 33 if it doesn't take a quarterback? Some of the talented players that could be there include Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley, Minnesota defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman, Notre Dame defensive tackle Louis Nix and defensive end Stephon Tuitt.

The Texans needed an inside linebacker in the 2013 draft and didn't land one. Mosley would be a great fit in their defense next to Brian Cushing. A front seven that includes Clowney, J.J. Watt, Cushing and Mosley could be tremendous. They also need a five-technique defensive end after losing Antonio Smith this offseason. Hageman and Tuitt could fill that role, while Nix would meet the need for a nose tackle in Romeo Crennel's defense.

Offensively, some of the candidates to fall to Round 2 and cause the Texans to wait on a quarterback include USC wide receiver Marqise Lee, Oregon State Brandin Cooks, Ohio State running back Carlos Hyde and LSU running back Jeremy Hill. Houston needs a slot receiver for O'Brien's offense. They also need a young back to pair with Arian Foster.

If the Texans wait until the third round to take a quarterback, the potential targets could be Pitt's Tom Savage and Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas. Both have plus skill sets for O'Brien to work with. Taking Savage or Thomas could provide them with a more talented roster and avoid reaching for a quarterback above their appropriate draft slot.

If Houston doesn't like the first-round prospects who fall to day two, they could decide to take a quarterback like Louisville's Teddy Bridewater or Eastern Illinois' Jimmy Garoppolo. The Texans are also open to trading down in the second round and adding more picks to address the holes on their roster.

Comment on this story here.

Four of Five Teams Polled Grade Manziel in the First Round

Updated April 28, 2014
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel is one of the most polarizing players in the 2014 NFL Draft. Some pundits feel that Manziel is a contender for the No. 1 overall pick, while others believe Manziel could slide in the first round, as sources have told us in the past. With so much variation in Manziel's projection, we decided to sample five teams to see where Manziel was being graded and projected.

One of the quarterback-needy teams picking in the top 10 told us they have a second-round grade on Manziel. We also know that the Houston Texans aren't considering Manziel with the first selection. The only viable options for Houston are Jadeveon Clowney, Blake Bortles or a trade. Clowney is still the heavy favorite to go to the Texans despite the trade rumors circling.

Four sources with other teams told us that they have a first-round grades on Manziel. Two of those teams said they have Manziel in the top 20 on their big boards. One general manager said he is confident that Manziel won't be available in the second round, and someone is going to pull the trigger on him in the first.

Which team takes Manziel in the first is up in the air, but he should at least he should be selected on Thursday night.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #66
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Some places are saying we might trade for Mark Ingram. LMFAO.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #67
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Would trading Hillman for him be all that bad?
Old 04-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #68
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Would trading Hillman for him be all that bad?
They are both terrible, but maybe Hillman will finally get his stuff together and be decent this year. He has a unique skill set, but man. . . ugh.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:58 AM   #69
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
They are both terrible, but maybe Hillman will finally get his stuff together and be decent this year. He has a unique skill set, but man. . . ugh.
I just feel like Denver would be less likely to use a draft pick on a RB with Ingram as the number two back. Ingram also looked good last year vs the Eagles and Panthers. 18 carries, 97 yards, 1 TD and 13 carries 83 yards vs both top 10 rushing defenses. That at least gives some hope for a running game if Ball went down.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #70
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Is the lmfao for a no way it's true or... Wtf?
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #71
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
Is the lmfao for a no way it's true or... Wtf?
Just Google it, doesn't look reputable.

LMFAO re: Ingram . . .

I don't want that dumpster pile. Suit me up at RB. Give me #34.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:16 PM   #72
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

ew to Ingram.

Give me McKinnon or even Carey
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #73
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
ew to Ingram.

Give me McKinnon or even Carey
Nate MacKinnon for starting RB.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #74
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

If the Texans take Clowney with with #1 pick I may laugh so hard that I hurt myself. Dude is going to be a bust of epic proportions...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #75
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

I do not see Clowney busting. Especially not on the Texans.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: