The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #126
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I also hate that guy who you just met, that doesn't really like football and obviously doesn't know anything about it, but starts rooting for the other team and gets all loud and obnoxious when your team does something stupid.
Powderaddict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #127
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
That dickbag who sees all the signs saying the two lanes are merging into one, speeds up and goes flying by everyone who got over in time, then tries to push his way in at the last second.
There is an art to do this correct and first thing is not to speed up and then slow down. You are going faster than those that are stuck so take your time, hunt for the open space and then speed up to jump on it before it closes. If I can't do the move correctly, I just go to the next off ramp.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #128
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
There is an art to do this correct and first thing is not to speed up and then slow down. You are going faster than those that are stuck so take your time, hunt for the open space and then speed up to jump on it before it closes. If I can't do the move correctly, I just go to the next off ramp.
Problem is 80% of the drivers out there have no idea how to merge correctly.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #129
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Colorado really needs to institute a public information campaign about this. It's much more dangerous than people realize, and it drives me absolutely bonkers.

It doesn't matter if you're going the speed limit. You may feel like you're doing the right thing by slowing a speeder down, or you may feel it's your RIGHT to drive in any lane you 'darn well please.'

You're not. It's not.
And you ARE breaking the law.

Here's how it is DESIGNED to work:
You're in what you think is just like any other lane except that it's 'fast'. Someone approaches you from behind at 64mph (and you look down to see you're going 57mph and you switch to your smug 'justified' face because the sign says 55). While rather close in proximity, the driver begs you to move over.

Oh, how you should.

But you don't.

The driver tries to be patient and now cars start lining up behind both of you. There's a quick flash of the brights, (Which means the driver would like to pass) and if you look up from your phone you either move over, or your ego decides that you'll be stubborn (and in some cases actually slow down ON PURPOSE). In most cases you don't even notice the signal (flash to pass) but you just start complaining about the guy riding your bumper.

Now there's four or five vehicles lining up behind you while you have a LOT of distance ahead of you and enough room to move over. Now the sixth vehicle back finally jets across two lanes of traffic to go around not only you and the cars behind you, but but also around the slower cars in the two lanes to your right, only to find that there's no GOOD reason for you to be IN THE WAY.

Note that he used the 'SLOW' lane to do this in and dangerously passes on the right.

Move over. You don't have to be stubborn. It's not your lane. You don't have to be self-righteous. Please be part of the solution. Don't cause traffic jams and contribute to road rage.

Whats worse is when there's 3 lanes and semis are all the way over into that 3rd lane.
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #130
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Whats worse is when there's 3 lanes and semis are all the way over into that 3rd lane.
It is very likely the delayed effect of some total ****ing moron cruising in the left lane up ahead in traffic. The initial congestion point propagates like a wave, and affects the traffic behind it for a length of time proportional to the traffic demand.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #131
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

People thinking there is sex in the champagne room.

Country roads. Some of the time they are paved...but only wide enough for a single vehicle at a time. So you end up balancing your car on the edge of road irrigation ditches so you dont side swipe oncoming traffic. And if there are pedestrians...good God the horror.

Tractors on highways.

Bicyclists on highways.

The guy at the gym who NEVER wipes anything down. Its gross.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #132
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
It is very likely the delayed effect of some total ****ing moron cruising in the left lane up ahead in traffic. The initial congestion point propagates like a wave, and affects the traffic behind it for a length of time proportional to the traffic demand.
Pretty sure this is family smack....

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #133
ivory hunter
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Orange Maners that side with Queefs fans over Broncomaniacs.
ivory hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #134
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

People thinking rape is about sex.
Bigotry pretending it's being fair and reasonable when it really is a reflection of ignorance and possibly inbreeding.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:21 PM   #135
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
People thinking rape is about sex.
Bigotry pretending it's being fair and reasonable when it really is a reflection of ignorance and possibly inbreeding.
Inbreeders !

:
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #136
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Inbreeders !

:
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #137
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post

Country roads. Some of the time they are paved...but only wide enough for a single vehicle at a time. So you end up balancing your car on the edge of road irrigation ditches so you dont side swipe oncoming traffic. And if there are pedestrians...good God the horror.

Tractors on highways.
:
It's a blast driving tractor down a country road. It's legal, we can only go so fast, and quite frankly we aren't in a hurry anyway.

Now the people that have kids, can't take care of them, and have more of them. Seriously?

Some lady just got busted for killing 7 of her own babies. These people live among YOU. It's why dudes drive tractors on country roads. To get away from the madness.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #138
DenverDynamite
Seasoned Veteran

HORSE POWER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DeMarcus Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
It's a blast driving tractor down a country road. It's legal, we can only go so fast, and quite frankly we aren't in a hurry anyway.

Now the people that have kids, can't take care of them, and have more of them. Seriously?

Some lady just got busted for killing 7 of her own babies. These people live among YOU. It's why dudes drive tractors on country roads. To get away from the madness.
I have nothing against country folks and dudes on tractors... but don't kid yourself, statistically, there is just as much 'madness' if not more, in rural areas than there is in urban.

http://science.time.com/2013/07/23/i...laces-to-live/

Last edited by DenverDynamite; 04-14-2014 at 03:18 PM..
DenverDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #139
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory hunter View Post
Orange Maners that side with Queefs fans over Broncomaniacs.
New posters throwing around slightly accusatory comments without enough reference for a good joke.

Also, people driving cars at roundabouts. Its not a stop sign, you go when you can you idiot!

People in cars in general.

People out of cars in general.

Talking on a phone.

Cats.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #140
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Problem is 80% of the drivers out there have no idea how to merge correctly.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #141
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
I have nothing against country folks and dudes on tractors... but don't kid yourself, statistically, there is just as much 'madness' if not more, in rural areas than there is in urban.

http://science.time.com/2013/07/23/i...laces-to-live/
Oakland, Chicago, Stockton, New Orleans, NYC disagree.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #142
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

people farting on an airplane
Old 04-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #143
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

our current CPS system.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #144
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
New posters throwing around slightly accusatory comments without enough reference for a good joke.
I think that was the same guy who kept making different accounts to harrass posters who even TRY to be civil to Chiefs fans. I know I have several neg reps from this guy. I've heard other people got neg reps, as well. He starts a new account, and mods keep banning each new account...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #145
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Ceding control of the remote. This is particularly acute when my father or brothers visit. Apparently just picking a ****ing channel to watch is too much. So watch something for ten seconds. Hit guide. Scroll through every choice twice. Press exit. Press up. Hit guide again...

For ****'s sake it's my TV. Get the **** out of my living room.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:01 AM   #146
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I also hate that guy who you just met, that doesn't really like football and obviously doesn't know anything about it, but starts rooting for the other team and gets all loud and obnoxious when your team does something stupid.
My mother in law and father is law did that whenever they were around and the Broncos were playing...

They were SO butthurt when I todl my wife they were not Welcome for the Super Bowl. to this day, they will not let it go- good thing is, I don't give a ****.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #147
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
My mother in law and father is law did that whenever they were around and the Broncos were playing...

They were SO butthurt when I todl my wife they were not Welcome for the Super Bowl. to this day, they will not let it go- good thing is, I don't give a ****.
I have always had the latest and best TV technology so friends would ask if they could come over and watch the SB
. Last year I said NO because they were just looking for a party I wanted to watch the game without distractions. Some got butt hurt
Old 04-15-2014, 09:19 AM   #148
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I have always had the latest and best TV technology so friends would ask if they could come over and watch the SB
. Last year I said NO because they were just looking for a party I wanted to watch the game without distractions. Some got butt hurt
Ditto- my in-laws are *****, but I told everybody who wasn't a fan of the Orange and Blue to go find somewhere else to watch the game.

I ended up drunk, sad and essentially alone- it wasn't a great night.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:28 AM   #149
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
That dickbag who sees all the signs saying the two lanes are merging into one, speeds up and goes flying by everyone who got over in time, then tries to push his way in at the last second.
I too loathe these people. Worse is when you see them bail out of your lane for the sole purpose of exploiting the merge lane loophole.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #150
DenverDynamite
Seasoned Veteran

HORSE POWER!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DeMarcus Ware

I hate watching football with anyone who isn't emotionally invested in the Broncos. Around the holidays this becomes harder to avoid. My family has actually gotten pissed at me because I will always choose the game over ANY family event. To me, I think it is disrepectful. I don't tell them not to enjoy their lame hobbies and I respect their wishes in regards to how they want to schedule and spend their free time. But, because my passion revolves around something that to them is "just a game," my priorities are mocked and minimalized.
DenverDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote