The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #26
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
10-12 better?

I dont see that.
First of all, that's not what I said. See post above.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #27
underrated29
10-6 baby.
 
Cutler doesnt suck

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,137

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I love moncreif. my problem with him is I am not sure he can beat press coverage.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #28
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,835

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Jared Abbredebus
Jarvis Landry
Bruce Ellington
Cody Lattimer
Paul Richardson
Allen Robinson
Jordan MAtthews
Davante Adams
Martavius Bryant
Odell Beckham JR
Brandon Cooks
Brandon Coleman
Dri Archer
Bolded, no.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #29
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,835

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I love moncreif. my problem with him is I am not sure he can beat press coverage.
He could/should probably sit for a year or slowly get worked in.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #30
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Bolded, no.
For god's sake read the post.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #31
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Jared Abbredebus
Jarvis Landry
Bruce Ellington
Cody Lattimer
Paul Richardson
Allen Robinson
Jordan MAtthews
Davante Adams
Martavius Bryant
Odell Beckham JR
Brandon Cooks
Brandon Coleman
Dri Archer

All are players that I could see teams taking a liking to over Moncrief based on what they're looking for to fill a need on their team. Moncrief has good size/speed, and he's a solid prospect, but he isn't head and shoulders above the guys listed, imo.

I think its possible that he goes before all of them, but I think it's also possible that a good number of them go before him; just depends on how that list is viewed by other teams.
Ellington and Archer I doubt they would take over Moncrief, even in a "fit" scenario.

However, I do have a sneaky suspicion they will take a liking to Abbrederis, Herron and Jones. I have thought that since before we signed Sanders and I do not fully buy that the Broncos will have Sanders as the full time return man.

The 2nd part is fully about Denver.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #32
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Ellington and Archer I doubt they would take over Moncrief, even in a "fit" scenario.

However, I do have a sneaky suspicion they will take a liking to Abbrederis, Herron and Jones. I have thought that since before we signed Sanders and I do not fully buy that the Broncos will have Sanders as the full time return man.

The 2nd part is fully about Denver.
I'm simply saying that Moncrief is not clearly a better prospect than a number of other guys you can say the same thing about. Given that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he fell to us in the 3rd; likewise, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some team early in the 2nd has a woody for him.

There's no telling what teams are thinking and looking for. You really can't see the Raiders taking Archer in the 2nd? I mean he's the fastest player in the draft this year, he's gotta be a lock.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #33
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,946

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
They brothas.
Aren't they all....

rmsanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #34
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I'm simply saying that Moncrief is not clearly a better prospect than a number of other guys you can say the same thing about. Given that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he fell to us in the 3rd; likewise, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some team early in the 2nd has a woody for him.

There's no telling what teams are thinking and looking for. You really can't see the Raiders taking Archer in the 2nd? I mean he's the fastest player in the draft this year, he's gotta be a lock.
As dumb as the Raiders are? No, I cannot see any single team realistically taking Archer nor Abbrederis over Moncrief.
I can see Watkins,Evans,Cooks,Lee,Beckham Jr,Adams,Matthews,Benjamin,Robinson and Richardson being viable options to get taken over Moncrief. I could even see Herron since he did work at his pro day and offers return skills.

But if a team takes Archer over him they need to be shot on the spot, revived and then drawn and quartered for the utter stupidity of it all.

Then again. The Vikings did take Christian Ponder at #12 and try to justify it as a good pick.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #35
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Moncrief will probably be there at 63, but no way at the end of the 3rd round. I could see a run of WR's and RB's in the 3rd round. Amazing the talent the WR group has in this draft.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #36
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
As dumb as the Raiders are? No, I cannot see any single team realistically taking Archer nor Abbrederis over Moncrief.
Abbrederis is probably the best route runner coming out. Great hands, great production, great character, and returns kicks. IMO he would make a lot more sense for the Broncos than a guy like Moncrief who I think will take a year or two to develop.

I think there could be a number of teams who value a guy like Abbredeis over Moncrief; I agree on Archer, but there is always a team that goes blind because of speed.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #37
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Abbrederis is probably the best route runner coming out. Great hands, great production, great character, and returns kicks. IMO he would make a lot more sense for the Broncos than a guy like Moncrief who I think will take a year or two to develop.

I think there could be a number of teams who value a guy like Abbredeis over Moncrief; I agree on Archer, but there is always a team that goes blind because of speed.
I agree about his talent and character, I just don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell he goes before Moncrief.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #38
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I agree about his talent and character, I just don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell he goes before Moncrief.
Did you imagine that Darrius Heyward-Bey would go before Crabtree, Maclin, Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt...etc?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Denver Broncos