The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2014, 07:45 AM   #26
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Jacksonville's GM -- BMORE.

Movie was a solid B/B+. My theatre had recliner seats so it was great time.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #27
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
3 seconds for a Top 10 pick is something I think some teams would do, especially with so many underclassmen coming out lately due to draft wage slotting.
Quote:
3 1sts for a franchise QB like Luck is a no-brainer, we saw Washington almost do that for Griffin.
These don't exactly work together very well. I'm gonna talk about some spoilers now.

Dude trades a top-ten pick and two subsequent first-rounders for the #1, lands the #6 for three second-rounders and then turns around and trades #6 for the #7 and the two initial future first-round picks. This is after he drafts a player at #1 that he most likely could have taken at #7 to begin with.

It's too much of a leap for my brain to handle. If a story goes out of its way to present accuracy and realism about something and then proceeds to finish it all up with something ridiculous and unbelievable then what's the point? Not to mention all the other stuff, like the fact that the team's owner waited until seven or eight hours before the draft to tell his GM that he wanted him to 'make a splash', or the fact that the entire War Room appears to consist of three people who haven't done any scouting and exist for comic relief, etc.

Whatever. D+
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #28
Shananahan
Custom User Title

I found the original poster:

Old 04-12-2014, 09:22 AM   #29
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Movie starts in 8 mins...pretty stoked
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #30
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
Movie starts in 8 mins...pretty stoked

Well.....what's your critique?
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #31
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Jennifer Garner will get me to see it
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #32
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Well.....what's your critique?
Far fetched. ..gave up 3 1sts to go up one dpot....and the jax gm? Please...I liked it but those parts kind of cheapened it
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #33
Nickstixx
NFL mock draft winner '13

Picture won't post...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
Far fetched. ..gave up 3 1sts to go up one dpot....and the jax gm? Please...I liked it but those parts kind of cheapened it
Yeah it was too far fetched at those points for me too. Also liked how the Seahawks and Broncos were both picking top 5.
I laughed when they asked about what the Rams got for trading away their first round pick to the Redskins.
Nickstixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #34
Nickstixx
NFL mock draft winner '13

Picture won't post...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Jacksonville's GM --- BMORE
Nickstixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #35
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstixx View Post
I laughed when they asked about what the Rams got for trading away their first round pick to the Redskins.
As soon as this happened I braced myself for the possibility that I may need to leave before it was over.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #36
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Went and saw it again with my 2nd oldest teen age daughter who is marginally interested in football, she liked it. Theatre was jammed full, we went for the matinee this morning, and the ambiance was awesome. Got a rousing round of applause when they sent it to Jacksonville. The people were laughing their ass off at the semi-incompetent Jacksonville GM who was all stressed and scared. Then there was a quick Blaine Gabbert chant when they were talking about Jacksonville taking the QB followed by a big round of applause when they traded the pick. Someone else shouted out our GMs a p***Y.

More boring the 2nd time through, but was offset by knowing when the good stuff was going to happen and just watching and listening to the audience react. They didn't disappoint.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:03 AM   #37
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

I thought it was way better than I expected going in (that it would be completely terrible with nothing to enjoy). Which is to say that if you don't know much about the ins and out of the draft, it should be enjoyable. Even though it was totally unrealistic in terms of trades, the main plot line was at least exciting when it seemed like it was going to be a huge let down and they managed to sort of justify the ridiculousness of the deals being made.

With that said, everything outside of the draft (i.e., everything involving Jennifer Garner and the mother) was a total waste of time. Uninteresting, underdeveloped, poorly acted and all together cheapened the movie for me.

On top of all of that, I absolutely HATE paying for what was essentially a movie-length advertisement. Every scene had some major product label prominently displayed and that is on top of a movie that is essentially a 1.5 hour long ad for the NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns and Seattle Seahawks. It annoys the **** out of me when I'm paying for something that was already paid for by advertisers. They could have put this thing on ESPN without commercials and still probably made a healthy profit just based on how much product placement they had.

The movie is ok if you get dragged to it, but I can't recommend paying to watch it.

Last edited by misturanderson; 04-14-2014 at 03:06 AM..
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: